Word

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Re: Word

Post by DTank126 » 24 Jul 2013 13:14

Played for about 45 minutes today.

I sucked. I think I'm gonna end up playing tiltless the majority of the week, but that's okay. I'm just happy I'm able to go and am currently injury free. :)

I really hope our rooming situation works out. These "rent my apt while I'm gone" ppl are extremely unreliable. I'm waiting to hear back from a lady right now about a potential apt.

Worlds, Worlds, Worlds....
Doug Tank

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 25 Jul 2013 22:25

So I was out drinkin last night, and a buddy and I were walkin down Monroe Ave (buncha bars on that street) and we walked past this place "Aarons Alley." My friend and I bought our first sandbags from this place many moons ago. Anywho, we were walkin by Aaron's Alley and then we noticed all this chalk on the sidewalk saying things like "We miss you big hairy bear!" And as we got closer to the Alley (that apparently belongs to Aaron) we noticed some posters of some guy on the window, and a few small candles burning near the doorway. Upon further inspection it became pretty clear that whoever this guy on the poster was had died recently. Turns out it was the big man himself, Aaron. Now I didn't know the guy but I figured I'd pay my respects by playin some hacky in front of his store today.

:idea: :idea: hi lights:
-toe torque>pdx mirage>rpt>string
-fairy muted clip bsos>string with spinning ducking clip, butter, and osis bsos
-some solid 20+ strings

So I know I said I was injury free in my last post, but last night I squirt gunned one of my friends one too many times and he ended up biting the barrel off the squirt gun and then later we got into a tussle and now it hurts to look to the right. Sooooo, that's fun.
Doug Tank

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 26 Jul 2013 07:13

DTank126 wrote:So I was out drinkin last night,
So I know I said I was injury free in my last post, but last night I squirt gunned one of my friends one too many times and he ended up biting the barrel off the squirt gun and then later we got into a tussle and now it hurts to look to the right. Sooooo, that's fun.
Your Worlds prep and mine are pretty much the exact opposite of each other. When we finally do our style trade, do you think that'll carry over, or will our tourney prep styles also flip?

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 07 Aug 2013 11:31

Doug and Nate: 1

Canadian station bike rental: 0
Doug Tank

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 07 Aug 2013 20:02

8) 8) 8) 8)

great doing business with ya

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 09 Aug 2013 17:38

Always a pleasure... except for the part where I hate you.

So I'm pretty sure request is my favorite event to compete in. It always gives me a good idea on what I need to work on. For instance, spinning osis>blender. Since I never really learned blender I went with the other combo which was blur>toe blur, which used to be cake, but now my toe blur is just crap. Anyway, that's another piece of the puzzle to work on later. For now, blender....

-blender bsos
-toe blender bsos
-blender>osis x2>blender>osis x2>dyno>osis x2>dyno>string
-spinning clip>gyro clip>rpt>blender bsos>string
-spinning osis>blender bsos
-inspin clip>spin clip>rpt>string
-ripwalk x18 (from short session 2 days ago. Also a new PB)

Some kid walked by and saw me and said "Cool, we're havin a party up on Pinncale Hill. You should stop by" and then just kept walking. :lol: I don't think I'm gonna go though. After Worlds, non-footbagger parties just seem boring. :P
Doug Tank

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 09 Aug 2013 18:48

Edit: wrong blog. Missed u on boston a few months ago. Seem like a cool guy
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 10 Aug 2013 14:49

/\ HAHA :lol: /\

happy to have your back-sack back, jack? :?:
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 10 Aug 2013 15:54

edit: wow. wrong blog again. i need to stop drunk writing on modified.
Last edited by Sporatical_Distractions on 12 Aug 2013 08:22, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 10 Aug 2013 16:18

We didn't hang out enough at worlds.

It is therefore imperative that you make it to KICKASS. Happening in Kingston Ontario soon!

The Jam happening in Hamilton September 14th is also acceptable.

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 06 Sep 2013 15:48

Hey Cassy, I wish I could make it to both KICKASS and the jam next weekend. Unfortunately my buddy's bachelor party is next weekend and then I leave for basic on the 16th. :( Hopefully there's some jams or comps goin on when I get back next March!

Haha, Kevin! I can't believe how many times you came to Boston and I didn't meet you. I know our paths will cross one day. Drunk modifizzing is the only way to modifizz.

And yes Pete, I've been using the shit out of that bag. :P

So I had a short session today down by the park next to my old high school. I played on some tennis courts right next to some soccer fields and a baseball field. All the middle school (or maybe high school? everyone looks so damn young nowadays :P ) kids were finishing up soccer practice and as I was warming up they were all huddled up by the other end of the tennis court on the other side of the fence, just doing that post-practice camaraderie thing (guess how many organized sports I played in high school). Anywho, I did my usual tiltless warmup and then started practicing double downs.

All of a sudden, midstring I hear "whoa, did you see that?" and decide to put on a little show. Nothing crazy just a solid ~25 contacts guiltless string with lots of spinning and ducking, barflys, swirls, etc. but on my 4th or 5th contact I started hearing it. That typical crowd reaction where everyone responds in sync. Idk how to explain it but after my 4th or 5th contact I heard a unanimous "WHAT?" or something on EVERY subsequent contact. I get to about 25 and do a far legover and stop. Look up. And see over 20 kids start waving their hands in the air and just screaming their lungs out at me. :oops: I've never had such a reaction before. It was quite overwhelming to say the least and inspired me to try and hit something for the online sick 3 competition. :)

I don't really have any highlights from today since I cant really drill when there's a bunch of ppl watching me so instead heres some highlights from the past week or so.

-blender bsos a LOT
-blender b2b
-riplwak>blender bsos
-blender>gyro mirgae bsos
-blender>whril bsos
-spinning osis>inspin osis bsos
-spin clip>inspin clip>rpt>string with blender bsos
-blender>spin clip>rpt>string
-duck clip>blender>drifter>rpt
-drifter>blender>duck clip>rpt
-crispy pdx blender (New trick :idea: )

So ya, as you can see, I've mostly been working on my shuffle. :P
Doug Tank

bluevampire101
Multidex Master

Post by bluevampire101 » 07 Sep 2013 15:42

Whatta typical band-geek response.

Just kidding. You've got fans now! :D or something.

And yay! Sounds good! :D *insert more stuff that makes you feel good about yourself or some other typical response since I don't know how this works*
Cool!
April Tou
kicker, stitcher, footbag enthusiast, baker of PSUFC

"Drill until it's ingrained." -old Indian proverb according to a book I read

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 21 Sep 2013 21:14

propz on gettin' good at blenders. blender>spin clip on flip is the stuff of my nightmares.

did that pdx blender with a plant because of you ya poon.

wish you were coming to east coasts :(
Kevin Hogan

BSC

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 30 Sep 2013 15:52

This needs an update since I told most of east coasts that you couldn't make it due to being shipped off to Afghanistan for the national guard...

Gotta bangle you a sick props on the sick 3. Very stylish. Hope to see some highlights here soon.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 14 Dec 2013 15:31

Thx nick. Yeah Afghanistan is great. :P But seriously, basic was fun (in retrospect, sucked at the time tho) and AIT actually is fun. So far I've only gotten to play with the M9 but I'm gonna get my hands on a sniper rifle on monday so that'll be fun.

Anywho, footbag! I don't have my lavers with me but the running shoes they issued me actually work decently well for shred. I managed PDx blender 5 out of 7 tries today for the first time ever (no plant). Footed the other side a bunch but my knee was starting to bother me so I didnt push it.

Other than that I've just been trying to get my consistency back. Hit vortex>blender bs. Uhh I know there's more but my food is here so ill try and edit this later.
Doug Tank

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 14 Dec 2013 20:16

Nice dude. Sucks you dont have lavers with you, but Vortex> Blender bs in running shoes is pretty dope.. Props man.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

ThomASS
BSOS Beast

Post by ThomASS » 16 Feb 2014 08:23

King Doug

Ryan Thomas

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 29 Apr 2015 15:32

What..... what happened? I thought I typed in the wrong URL at first. New layout looks very cool.

Played some foosebag for the first time since New York Jam. Today was the first really nice day we've had in Rochester all year. Spent the majority of it inside then opened my blinds and realized it was fuckin beautiful outside so I decided to go over to Emily's place and steal her dog and take her for a run. Brought my footbag (as I always do) but actually ended up kicking this time! I can still do tricks and stuff. Very cool.

Then I saw an SUV with a coffin on the roof and thought "that's weird... Or is it weird that you don't see that more often? Are hearses expensive?.. Maybe they bought the coffin for future them?"

And then when I got back to my place I had to parallel park into a spot and when I got out a guy was standing there and complimented me on my parallel parking job. :) It's a the little things.

Well thanks for listening modiblog. I'll be back in another... Dec 2013? Really? AND I was hitting pdx blenders! Holy shit! Can I still do that?!
Doug Tank