Jay's Blog.

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 28 Jan 2007 08:26

oOoO cyberseX!

edit: PHUCK YEA! PAGE 3.. THIS PAGE IS GONNA ROCK NOW SOOOON!

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 02 Feb 2007 07:52

Thanks for the post Quantum Balance, but I'm not so sure it's gonna rock.
I'll start it off with something random.
I thought that was just about the funniest advertisement I've ever seen. Not, WIN AN IPOD! Or, SHOOT THE BUNNY AND GET $5! or something comparable, 50,000 greencards.

Other things in my footbag life, is that last Tuesday I met up with Matthias again, played with him for the first 30 minutes and hit a few things, drifter which was nice (he was the inspire-er for my to drill them.) and I also got to play with an abshire, it was old and beaten, but an abshire none the less. I expected it to be stiffer, and more gather.

After a bit, another guy came into the room who had American parents, so he spoke English naturally. He was just learning, clippers and a few osis' here or there. Another guy came later than him, who was around the same level. Except for the fact that he could hit a pixie legover/miraging legover, but it was incredibly smooth. I don't see how he could do that when he couldn't Mirage (or at least I didn't see one). Either way, props to him.

Matthias said they were playing in Wiesbaden again this weekend, but he doesn't use his email much so I'd have to call him. That is such a foreign thing to me, I never use the phone anymore. Wow I was born in the 90's. I hope it wasn't planned for tonight, otherwise I missed some Clemens shred, which is the footbag equivalent to a Lion sucking it's razor sharp teeth into a Hyena running at full speed, and then snapping his neck. That's right, his feet are that amazing. Maybe when I get to play with him a few more times I'll ask if I can post something of his on Modified.

As for personal shredding, I played at school today, and got a few new people who hadn't seen me before. I had a new trick to "wow" the ignorant, the DATW. I can't see how they think a DATW is 10x as impressive as a blur, for example, or something that needs so much more technique. Either way, I sweat like a bastard and hit some really nice combos.

14 infinities, effortless b2b. New record.
7 Ducking Clippers, b2b,
Diving clipper > Ducking Clipper(going to opp foot) > Diving Clipper > Ducking Clipper (going to opp foot) > 2 more. That one wowed them.
Drifter > pdx Mirage > Dimwalk > diving Butterfly
ATW in-out > ATW out-in (4 times each) DATW in-out, DATW out-in. First time I've hit two DATWs same string.

I can't remember anything else, but the fact that people were asking on command "ok, do 2 4(schwierigkeit) ADD trick's in a row" and things like that, I got a relentless hour and fifteen minutes. After they all went to class *I had another free period* I just explained the point system to a few more people, showered, and was filled with glee that my shins didn't hurt. At all.

I washed my lavers last night as well, they don't stink as much, and I find the toe-boxes stay open alot easier.
___

This morning I woke up and decided to go out in the ~0 degree weather, and wake up shredding. Here's another video.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 5479976891
Wee..?
Jay Boychuk

jay7
Flower Child

I WON!

Post by jay7 » 04 Feb 2007 12:12

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/4373/climabidhw8.jpg<- Click there to see the picture of the climas on ebay that I just won. Why? I don't know, it's not very exciting to anyone else.

Let me just start this off with a Yay. Yay.

Today and yesterday were absolutely awesome, yesterday I went to Mainz with friends from school, in which I had a genuinely good time. Not like most of the times when I am just a body who happens to be there, but I actually liked it. Today I went to shred with Matthias and Andy again, and I was actually myself 95%. I felt really confident, and I didn't just sit there and occasionally hit a string or two, I tried for the first 2/3rds to hit neat or harder stuff, and alot of it was successful. Really close to ripwalk b2b. I'm reasonably close to hitting a proper torque, but there is no way that I'll be consistent with them anytime soon. More or less a little luck and 20* more turning, because Matthias said everytime they landed in the same spot, and if I turned just a bit more I'd get it. I can't wait, torques are amazing.

Before I left, I thought that if I didn't get home before these Climas were done on ebay, that I should just bid then and hope for the best. Well, I got home and then for the 10 minutes before the auction, in my fury, I sat there pressing f5 hundreds of times, refreshing to see if anyone outbid me. Every 3 seconds my internet connection+firefox refreshed it completely, and whenever it ended, I was just waiting for some bastard to have stolen them right from underme by bidding in the last second. I guess whoever else wanted these didn't want to bid higher than me by a Euro..

I can't wait to see how horrible I play without toewalls.

To bad my wallet doesn't think the same way about all of this.
______

Near the end of yesterday's session 3 people came downstairs and starting watching us. After about 20 seconds they started mumbling amongst themselves, and then they said that they saw some guy in France doing that on T.V., and after a few questions from Matthais, it turns out it was Vasek doing that butterfly record.

I always thought that if I saw something like that on T.V., I'd flip the channel and keep on going never to remember it again. I figured that unless footbag was quite regularily on T.V. that we wouldn't ever have people noticing it, because how often do people go to Google and type in ''Really good hacky sack''...
Jay Boychuk

zulu
Hack Fiend

Post by zulu » 11 Feb 2007 10:39

hi jay, tried to call you today, but you weren't at home. We had a session at the Tai Chi-school. I footed a PS Whirl. So almost PS Whirl strongside and a nonexistant whirl flipside... Will say: School all tricks bothsides. Clemens was good too :wink:. Hope to see you on tuesday. It's the last session at university for me till the end of march. Next sunday there will be another session at the school hopefully.
cu
matthias thier

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 11 Feb 2007 21:32

Well, that just ends a short lived era. I was in Frankfurt for the weekend, and by the time I got back I had no will to get back on a train for another hour and a half..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7488413882

I played at home instead. I worked on barrages. That was not the best of the bunch, but it's on camera.

Sucks that Matthias has to go, he was basically the person I talked to and arranged going to play with. Now It'll probably be much less frequent, and more like me playing solo every day.

Props on the PS whirl! Yeah, I desperately need to study whirls and figure out as to why they hurt so much. Without the pain I'm sure I'd be hitting them every session. Can't wait till Tuesday.

Good while it lasted!
___

regarding Janis' post...Ok, so, I guess double pickup is a bit different than a barrage..I assume now that a barrage has to be just the dexes, and then stalling on the opposite foot. Gonna have to get some footage of that soon. http://www.footbag.org/gallery/show/8432 Damn Anz' videos are helpful....

For around 2 hours straight I drilled and drilled osis'. I can FINALLY do them! Before, I mean, with a touch of luck I could go back to back at most 4 times. Today I made 6 at least 30 times, and I even got nine b2b once. I got a combo or two, where I hit a diving osis and a ducking osis, out of and going into other osis'. Damn do I feel better now.
Last edited by jay7 on 12 Feb 2007 11:53, edited 2 times in total.
Jay Boychuk

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 11 Feb 2007 22:48

props on double pickup :D

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 13 Feb 2007 22:03

Well, yesterday I played in the University with Matthias+friends again yesterday, and that didn't start off well. When Matthias said a few weeks ago that I had to be in before 6:00, or I'd be ID'd, I figured that I'd take my chances at the gate. However, what I didn't understand was that I'd be ID'd right at the Gym entrance. So, while the two people were asking me if I had ID, and Matthias was literally on the stairs Right behind them, I just hoped to god that I could pull off "I'm an exchange student, I didn't know". Either way, Matthias just shortly explained that I was one, and I got in. Next time I'm gonna be really early...

Some highlights,

First time I ever really tried them, and I got two double legovers, BSOS. Really low set aswell, hopefully I can get them Toe soon, and then pixie etc.
I also got the clipper->solekick->Clipper move, not really a trick, it just feels good to have more control.

That's about it.. :)

I played ok. I was thinking about why my osis' weren't so amazing as the day before, and I concluded that they probably were. It's just that the day before, I did 1.5 hours of osis', so, of course I'd get a few good links in there. However today I was expecting to get them mid string.

I almost saw Matthias get a mobius, what a sweet trick! I really want to get torques.

Gotta head for the bus, but tricks that I want to make sure I can hit before the end of germany are..

Whirling Swirl.
Barrages/Double Downs.
Ripstein.
Blender/Dynos.

And I want to hit a stepping butterfly swirl. That, or a stepping blender, that'd be amazing.

I think that'd be sweet.
Jay Boychuk

jay7
Flower Child

Well I guess Quantum was right after all.. This does rock:)

Post by jay7 » 16 Feb 2007 08:01

I got my climas! I'll write a nice review in here sometime after I have more experience. For now, go to -> http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid= ... 8857366452 for pictures etc.

I'm super happy.

*edit* this mornings shred I footed a left pixie pheonix about 5 times. I LOVE how easy it is so pixie in these, it's comparable to being bare foot.

Clippers aren't quite as easy as I first thought, because they have to be a little further back than lavers and Dead On. However, this will probably get this 'form' thing everyone speaks of better.

I find swirls are 10x easier in climas as well.

Another edit, after this mornings session..

I am surprisingly close to a whirling swirl. AFter I saw those 2 paris videos of Vasek, I just had alot of energy. Funny, usually it's just jorden's videos that make me want to shred.
Jay Boychuk

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 19 Feb 2007 19:31

Dude, I know! Those Vasek vids really are inspiring. I played for a bit right after watching them and my first bunch of runs were so nice. I just figure, with the right motions and right mindset, all those moves CAN be hit easily, so why not by me? Really pushes one to improve and alter one's form and thinking.

Anyway, sweet new shoes! I want to try Clima's so bad, but never have. I can believe it'd be easier to pixie & swirl in them. Man. I'll have to try them out when you get back! Props on the new moves too!
Joshua Lackey
"Class is what I do during my Footbag breaks"
Challenge me! Toronto/FAT Footblog

Liam027
Hack Fiend

Post by Liam027 » 19 Feb 2007 21:24

I'm right pissed over here Jay. I can't keep up. You're hitting so much intense shit, and you've got've even got a hack circle to join...I'm envious to the max. Recently, I've been neglecting my footbag, but no more! Reading through your blog (which is now onto it's thrid page...impressive) has inspired me to dedicate more time to shredding. So don't think you're gonna run away with this ! ;) I've only got Gresham over here to keep me motivated, so, you can imagine what it's like. But I'm determined to become better! I'll keep the video's coming, and I'll get my ass out to some FAT shred sometime soon, I've just gotta find a free day to set something up. I'll have you a full review on my pair of Q's soon too :).

Can't wait 'till you get back, so you can bike your ass over to my house every god-damn morning to shred(and I mean every morning, school days included). Keep up the shredding man!

-Liam
(I wanna see Blurry Whirl bsos)
Liam Harland

zulu
Hack Fiend

Post by zulu » 21 Feb 2007 10:57

hi j, ich hoffe dienstag warst du nicht allein vor der turnhallle. simon couldnt make it. i just got a message from him. i want those climas too! shred on sunday? tschö mit ö 8)
matthias thier

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 21 Feb 2007 12:31

Nein, vor gestern habe ich auch nicht gegang. Ich war ein bisschen krank, und nach Rosenmontag habe ich keine lust auf Mainz. Sonnetag ich wird in Wiesbaden sein, ich kann nicht warten!

Well, I just had a big session of b2b clippers. I am making a small little video of myself, because I taped half of my attempts to try and get 25 b2b. Either way, I did do it (and what a surprise, that damn Vasek video was playing). I think I'm gonna make it nice and inspiring, maybe a few words at the end like perseverence or something. Then again, it might turn out really gay.

AS for shred, left swirls are doing ok, right are nearer to where I want them - consistent! Since I was in my room, I couldn't do any big impact moves, so basically anything after Infinities is a little to rambunctious. On sunday I want to get

Whirl b2b -> Opp clipper -> whirl b2b
Swirl -> Opp clipper -> Swirl
Osis -> Infinity -> Osis -> Infinity bsos.
That and of course hoping that Clemens can make it. I want to study his whirls, and his whirling swirls. In person you can really take more of how the persons mind and body work together to hit a move, which I think lets you learn faster.

I can't wait to get Whirls in my strings. And I REALLY can't wait for that damn whirling swirl.

tonight I also got 45 clippers (no plant, same side) with my clima's. I can't wait to silicone them. Since Rawsko said you could take the silicone off if you wanted, I figure why not. Plus, the clipper area on the Laver is SO much better...

Right now I think the laver is the better shoe, but I've played at least an hour a day (averaging out, some days without, some days with 3 straight hours) since June, and less than a month of Half sessions with the Clima.
Jay Boychuk

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 24 Feb 2007 02:56

http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=15672 Click there and answer my pole, if you please.

I guess I should fill this with something of footbag..Yesterday I was a bit sick, throat all clogged up and my nose wasn't to good either. I shredded anyway, but found myself getting really frustrated because I didn't have the energy to do stuff, and then of course that just made me try harder. By the end of the short session (1 hour, maybe) my left knee wasn't exactly feeling good. So, I'm not playing today. Hopefully tomorrow in Wiesbaden I'll be able to shred to normal standards.

I made 5 bags in the last week. All out of the white/black material, and 1 of them was for a guy at school, rest for my family. I think my next ultrasuede bag is gonna be ALOT better than my previous ones. I also emptied my Hania alot, and it plays much better.

_______

Ok, after the Session in Wiesbaden(which was held on the saturday) I figured out why I play footbag. It's fun.

I went, and met up with Andy and Matthias, for, Clemens had broken his hand. Either way, it was a relitvely normal session, but I broke out the climas for a bit. Still not completely comfortable in them. I can finally understand why Mosher always talks about his Gunits being hard to adjust to.

Then, Andy had to go, thus, we couldn't stay in the Tai Chi school anymore. So, we played in the Hauptbanhof(train station) instead. One of those major stations, so many people. After we had walked to one end, not disturbing the traffic of people, he set up the music and we started. I hit.

Torque - wee!
25 b2b clippers, one of the first tries.
15 infinities, (or so, I forget..It was relitively easy) b2b.

And after a long while, I finally got my stepping back. The first 3/4's of the day I couldn't hit a ripwalk to save my life. As soon as I got it, I hit 4 stepping far legovers in a row.

It feels really good to play in front of people, especially when they walk updeliberately to watch. Even better than that, it feels good to know that you can "raise" to the occasion and change your game for the crowd. Even matthias mentioned that we played a bit better/longer strings.

I can't wait for silicone, and next week!
______

http://lh3.google.com/image/boychuk.jay ... 020280.JPG
The bag I just recently made for Liam027. Really good in my opinion.
63 grams, and not obscenely full. 85% lead, 15% steel I'd say. I don't want to kick it before I send it.
Jay Boychuk

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 27 Feb 2007 11:26

This is a thesis/blabber/connection of thoughts I have on footbag.

-I notice that many, many posts on modified follow the general pattern "I suck, but the guy I was with is amazing". Or "I don't physically look good/pretty". Or "I played like shit," and general self degrading statements.

-I also notice that posts largely deriving from Footblogs and the new thread (which I love) 'Making a cohesive footbag community" *or something like that*, basically state "I didn't have much confidence" or "I still don't have much confidence". I guess those statements reveal alot about the above paragraph.

-I also pick up on people constantly revealing that they have tendencies to be alone, or if not alone, just not one of the outgoing "popular" types. These same kinds of posts seem to reflect a wee bit on what people say about group situations, one on one situations, parental happenings, and just social interaction in general.

-Another reoccuring thing I see in the footbag community is helpfulness. Unlike every other community I have failed to "get" into, people on modified seem to believe in Karma, and just being helpful towards other human beings. Most of the time (;)) people have respect for one another, and try to be mature about things.

-Many people always seem to believe (not saying it did or didn't, those words don't come across good on the internet..) that footbag "saved" them, that, or they seem to look back on their troubled life, and see footbag as a way to get out of it. Just the concept that they are better for having footbag.

Once I became aware of these ever repeating trends, I sorta looked at my own life. I have never had more than one or two really close friends at a time, I have never been confident in myself or my outer appearance, I always look at my results and say "Why didn't I do better". I also had a nice and sorta rocky parental structure in my childhood, which nicely I have a stable one now. I also find myself trying to help people, often going to weird lengths to do so, and trying to compliment people, but of course not myself.

With the characterisations of a footbagger, with help from the above observations, is sorta seems like a footbagger is a person who..

Doesn't have good self esteem, shy because of it, doesn't have many friends, very inteligent in some way, hard working, and open hearted.

Why does this type of person get attracted to footbag I ask? I think this is because Footbag is something that allows these people to actually productively USE their free time. Instead of sitting on a computer (like I am now, grr) they are instead improving their physical health, and discipline. Instead of thinking "why am I not out with friends doing something, like Everyone else is" they are instead thinking "When can I bag next?". They have goals, which because of their hard work and dedication, they meet. It seems impossible to me to acheive a goal and not have a high and thus boost of confidence and feelings of self worth.

Once the person at hand has been busy obsessing and taking their life strictly to playing footbag, eventually they get enough confidence to play publicly. This is where I think that the real "magic" happens. All of the thoughts of "I don't look good" and "I'm not as good as everyone else" change. Assuming the person has practised, when they show someone else their efforts and results, and get any sort of "wow" reaction, that to a small degree goes away. When they see that someone else, a real human being, is impressed by what they have done, they automatically get a high of "wow, I am better than someone else at something. I am not that worthless after all". I don't mean to come across as saying the person says that to themselves, but more of a subconcious growth.

After a while, assuming the person still feeds upon the good feelings footbag gives them, and thus continue to play, the footbagger seems to get a bit depressed. I read it all the time, and I felt the exact same way. We are extremely unsatisfied with our performance, even to the level of quitting or taking a break, and get frustrated. When we show people stuff, to get the high, they are no longer so impressed because they have seen all of it before. Now, the time is to find a new source of energy, or a new source of confidence we can feed on.

This new source I think is found within ourselves. And this is why I think that all footbaggers who have played for long enough seem to think "footbag saved me". We no longer feel bad about ourselves, and we no longer need to feed on others to get the feeling. Instead, we finally have good self esteem and confidence. This is also a reason I think footbaggers tend to be a helpful bunch, because they don't live their life trying to take the compliments and power from everyone else.

I think the next step is meeting other footbaggers. Now that we have the prerequisite of all of that, we want to share our feelings and thoughts with people. Trouble is, when you go to tell someone about your newest trick, the only person that'll seem to care is someone like your mother. All of your friends don't really care that you hit something you have bent over to pick a bean filled bag up 3267 times for finally worked out. So, we have to find another footbagger or two. Once we find that group or person who has went through the same experiences and emotional feelings as we have, we immediately start giving back and forth our feelings of understanding, and it feels great. Finally someone who understands you, finally someone who actually knows that a flurry is something other than a milk+sugar+death milkshake you can buy.

So there is why I think all of us seem to fit together so damn well. It's not JUST the fact that we have something in common to talk about, if it were just that we would have the ability to walk up to someone on the street and begin startlingly extreme conversations about that sidewalk block you just walked over. It's the fact that we have all of the emotional mental and physical similarities, and we have a deeper understanding because of it.

I think this holds true to basically everything else in life, and as to why Chess players like hanging out with Chess players. Or car fanatics like talking about whatever the hell car fanatics talk about (hmm..Maybe their cars? Doesn't make sense to me. I guess that is what the article[I call that an article?] above proves..) The fact that you bond with such deeper ties than are on the surface, and that you have so much more in common than you actually know attracts you to the sport/interest in the first place.

I hope this makes sense, I have a bit of a problem because it would be far easier to correlate and make sense out of some of these examples if I started dropping names. I just don't want to offend anyone in the process.

IF you read this far, thanks.
-Jay
Jay Boychuk

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 03 Mar 2007 05:33

No time to make a post, just watch the vid.

http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid= ... 5586&hl=de

-Jay
Jay Boychuk

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 04 Mar 2007 12:24

I got that picture taken today. What a sweet shot!

I also have a nice video. I was sitting studying math, and thought to myself (as I had Jorden's session playing infront of me. I like his choice in music) "I've never hit a paradon on purpose, well, I've hit it, but never drilled it or anything. They never looked good either. I want to hit one"...

So, well, 5th try I hit it right. I actually got that first one on video. Then I figured why not try and get it both sides. 30 tries later, I have a b2b one on video (hand catch inbetween).

it all worked out, well, very mathematically. No wonder Jorden is doing math at guelph.

Video of paradons, or is it double downs? Gah,
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 1602967089
Jay Boychuk

zulu
Hack Fiend

Post by zulu » 04 Mar 2007 14:38

8O Props! paradon bs looks really good! I also like the blender. You're becoming better and better. Nice to see you were playing outside today, too.
We (Andy, Julian and me) had a pretty cool session at the "Schlachthof" in Wiesbaden. CU next weekend
matthias thier

Liam027
Hack Fiend

Post by Liam027 » 04 Mar 2007 20:21

That really IS a sick picture.

I'm actually quite amazed to see that someone's footfighter is still alive *rolls eyes*

:wink:

-Liam
Liam Harland

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 07 Mar 2007 11:07

Well, the last 3 days of my little life have been running, and a wee bit of footbag. Now that it isn't pure mush outside, and we have decent weather again, I figured I would start. I like what running does to your body, you just feel better. I figure it will be really good for footbag as well, because of all the obvious physical reasons.

Downside is, after a winter or just footbagging the route I took in the fall for a quick run is now my "damnit, my legs are sore" run. Hell, at least I can still do it anyway. Steep as ever hill with multiple "terrain" types.

With jeans on, periodically I am just trying paradons here or there. I figure if I can dex it with jeans, then with shorts I should be quite nice and clean. A certain bastardly friend of mine, who shall remain named (liam027) hit barrage -> paradon. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... ge+paradon
I should mention if you do watch that video, he is likely playing with the Quantums he received from my end of the world. yay.

Now, if that doesn't motivate me to hit barrages I don't know what will. I studied Jorden's (how many times do I say his fucking name?..) barrages today, alot, and it basically told me that I should really learn Quantum as well. I am not sure if I'm gonna get my goal of whirling swirl by mid march, because frankly I haven't practised it at all. I am not to worried though, this running thing should really strengthen my legs, and then I will likely be able to hit the harder more strength ,uh, strength needing tricks.
Jay Boychuk

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 10 Mar 2007 10:26

Today, I shall name, awesome shred on the rhein day.

I started my day, talking to my sister, and informed her how I was gonna make my day awesome. It came true!

At around 9:00 I hit the streets of St.Johann (600 people give or take) and started fooling around, seeing if I could get anything on camera. Mid shred, I heard the call of my host mother saying someone was on the phone, I figured it was one of my friends from school confirming what time we were gonna go to the movies tonight at. A far better voice was to be heard, Matthias, with a dog in the background. Anyway, after checking the bus schedule it was set that at 2:30 I was gonna be biking to the Rhein river for the first outdoor with a group shred of the year.

So, after a nice busride observing all of the changes that spring brings to plant and animal life, I arrived at the Hauptbanhof and walked to Matthias' apartment. We got our purple bikes, and headed out to shred.

This place was perfect, I mean, the rhein river was RIGHT there. Couples were kissing or whatever by the water, and we had a 300 foot by 100 foot granite type surface to shred on. Matthias took out the music, which the battery lasted for an entire 5 minutes, and we got to work.

I hit a couple new tricks, which I am very excited about. Before today, my spinning was non existant. In fact, it still almost is. I can't do a spinning clipper. What makes me wonder, is as to how in the world I nailed spinning osis about 8 times today. It is a fun trick.

Another thing, which I am proud of, is flipside torque. For the longest time (well, 2 weeks or so since I learned normal torque) I was worried that I was going to have a really terrible left torque, because I couldn't even air hit it. I could just feel that the miraging part was terrible. I hit left torque about 10 times today, 5 early morning shred, 5 by the rhein. Oh, I also started and mid stringed normal torque about 3 times.

I tried paradox torque about 20 times, relying on pure luck, and never got it. I am confident I'll get lucky enough soon.

I also hit a few ripwalk bsos, and got really close multiple times to ripwalk b2b. I got pixie legover b2b once, and I also hit it bsos one time. First time for both. While we are on this subject, I got quite a few strings with sidewalks both sided. My right whirl was crap, but I still managed to get a whirl-infinity-whirl once or twice. I didn't get a blender for the entire day. OH right, I also got paradon probably fifty times today, equally per side. I notice that my default trick out of them is to osis, this is not good.

This is just me, Matthias also did quite a few amazing links. Some of them were in the relm of 40 contacts I'd guess, and sometimes mid string when I noticed someone was watching him I'd tell him to hit a torque or something more impressive, and bam he'd nail hit. He also hit paradox (maybe symposium?) reverse whirl, I think 2-5 times. I forget if he got PS whirl, but damn close multiple times anyway.

I have no clue why, because I have never hit barfly, and I can barely seal a symposium mirage, but I had the urge to try superfly. Oh my dear jesus is that a hard trick. I also tried paradox flail, unable to flail, and my illusions are crap anyway. I failed miserably at both. It was all in good fun.

Well, I guess that about sums up our day. Wait, did I mention I got it all on video? Uploading as I type ;)

http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid= ... 5390192416

I just went for a run with my host sister, and one of our (female) neighbors. They used inline skates. It felt really good, because I went for 10 kilometers, and I beat them :) Now, usually I'd let the girls win, but I mean, one is basically my sister, and well yeah...I have only been running for the last week as well, which is great. That means I didn't lose to much of my running ability over the winter, thank you footbag!
Jay Boychuk