the Pfootblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
century264
Multidex Master

Post by century264 » 14 Sep 2008 16:09

so yeah I played yesterday and today and the sessions have been good. I've been meeting people, getting out into the world. all good things. Yesterday I hit ducking clipperX3 and that was awesome because it was in position to be ducked again but I didn't because I'm an IDIOT. damn X4. It will come. highlights from today included Whirl>butterfly>rpt and I almost almost almost hit eggbeater>lo>rpt. I was so close but I was playing with people so i didn't hog it. and I almost hit it like 4 times too. It will come tomorrow when I actually remember to take some ibu beforehand and just go crazy on it. for sure. Got 2 new numbers today from guys who would be interested in playing around with a legball every once in a while too.

EDIT: New Page!
Ian Pfeiffer
Trampoline owner

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 14 Sep 2008 17:54

Haha, awesome picture. So you've already got some guys to play with up there, eh? Are they any good? Do they have lavers or units or anything? Thats awesome that you're increasing the freestyle awareness in VT, dude. Now I'm even more pumped to go up to VT sometime and see what the scene's like there! :D

Peace
Doug Tank

century264
Multidex Master

Post by century264 » 15 Sep 2008 04:39

haha good one doog. The "scene" up here is that a freshman kid played with me yesterday barefoot and liked watching me play and another two kids who played soccer came over and played with me later on and one of them was almost good enough to hit legover b2b. It's not a "scene" per se, but I try. I try

EDIT: Oh yeah I heard from the kid who played barefoot with me yesterday that there were some kids who played almost as good as I do, but he didn't know who they were, they were just chilling somewhere. Hopefully I'll be able to find these mystical footbaggers before you come up :wink:
Ian Pfeiffer
Trampoline owner

century264
Multidex Master

Post by century264 » 17 Sep 2008 14:14

So I forgot how amazing Ibuprofen is. I can session for maybe an hour and a half or so regularly before I have to stop because I'm too tired. I took Ibu twenty minutes before I played today and had a nice little 2.5-3 hour session. Awesome.

HIGHLIGHTS!:
:arrow: Ripwalk BSOS
:arrow: half of rubber man: weak atomsmasher to start, strong legbeater and blur to finish
:arrow: almost I should say whirl>osis>rpt. I kept screwing up the last osis but i hit all the tricks at least
:arrow: Fairy ss mirage>tap>rpt
:arrow: Symple ss mirage>symp mirage>rpt
:arrow: ss dlo b2b
:arrow: Gyro clipper BSOS
:arrow: To finish the session off, pdx DLO

The funny thing was, I went into the session trying to hit flip torque, and I footed it three times, but it kept flying forward. It's within the realm of possibility though. That and I was working for....crap can't remember. Oh well. Good session anyway haha. Who am I kidding? Great session. That's amazing, me!
Ian Pfeiffer
Trampoline owner

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 17 Sep 2008 18:27

Hell yeah! Slowly phasing out the tiltless, thats awesome man! Half of rubberman.... Wow. Matter of time, dude. I tried for half of blubberman after seeing that but twas a no go. Slow down, I need to be better than you for at least a little longer!
Doug Tank

century264
Multidex Master

Post by century264 » 18 Sep 2008 05:29

It'll be a long while before I get better than you, especially once I chain myself down with my lavers again. I have to work style which you've always had oodles of so that will take forever. I may try for a BOP record before I get the shoes though. They should be here tomorrow or saturday. However, I felt like a god yesterday, and that's what really counts in footbag. Feeling godly, even though I'm crazy tiltless
Ian Pfeiffer
Trampoline owner

century264
Multidex Master

Post by century264 » 18 Sep 2008 14:21

hit spinning clip on flipside today. New BOPS record, 22. Only two more, but still good. Fun link, fairy clipper>drifter and fairy clipper>near dlo.
Ian Pfeiffer
Trampoline owner

century264
Multidex Master

Post by century264 » 23 Sep 2008 18:17

Pfinally got my lavers in from home, and I played about an hour session with them. I hit almost all of my normal highlights plus a few that I haven't before. Namely

Spinning clipper sosed and DSO sosed

other than that, kind of a depressing day. I feel like the world wants me in but what's keeping me out is my determination to find myself before I start life for real. That and I lost some ground in getting over a girl. Yep. Pretty much a bad recipe. but a good session.
Ian Pfeiffer
Trampoline owner

century264
Multidex Master

Post by century264 » 27 Sep 2008 06:27

had a session yesterday. It was real good times actually. had some nice little links and highlights. The thing I think that's lacking in my game is ability to string. I can do a lot of pretty fun drills but I string pretty much just drills together most of the time. I should try at least half of my sessions to devote my time to string length and variety, mixing in my guiltless and my BOPS and some of my more advanced stuff, so that I can throw it midstring instead of mid drill. I realized when I was talking to some hackeyslackers a couple days ago that all i do really is drills that involve both sides of a trick I want to hit, and I thought that would be a great way to boost consistency, having muscle memory to fall back on. However, when I try to just bust the tricks out mid string it's almost like a different way of thinking and I'd love to get better at thinking that way haha. Actually yesterday's session was really funny because the people who inevitably stopped to watch were all girls this time. I have to say I met this girl named meredith? I think and she was like, can you teach me how to do that? and I was like YEAH! I'll be here for a while and tomorrow and sunday, if you wanna come and play some. and she was like I'll definitely do that. Here's the part I regret, kinda, was she and her other girl friend were going to dinner and invited me along, and me in my awkward selfness said "No thanks, I'm good" and kept playing. What I wish I had said was something more like "I'm really sweaty right now but if you guys are ok with eating with me that would be great!" Instead I just assumed that they wouldn't want to eat near a stinky guy. Oh well, there will be other times and hopefully she'll see me today or tomorrow playing and want to play still. It would be awesome to get a legit club going here. I feel like this year more people have already come to talk to me about it. Maybe I should start getting a day of the week going for an official "meeting" and a place to do it. I think that would be awesome. We shall see.

anyway session highlights:
:arrow: new infinity record (and in lavers, nonetheless!):19
:arrow: footed atomsmasher*3
:arrow: gyro clip bsos
:arrow: cleaning up tiltless doing 20 contact legover and mirage drills and trying to keep the bag closer in to me while doing tricks
:arrow: DSO bs. Footed it BSOS twice though
:arrow: kind of a shenanigans barrage but it's starting to click in my head.

I think that's just about it but it was just a great session feeling yesterday. I felt good as I played, for sure. more later after session #2
Ian Pfeiffer
Trampoline owner

century264
Multidex Master

Post by century264 » 28 Sep 2008 20:20

played yesterday and today actually. I was working on putting more advanced moves in mid string components, like putting more three adds into my strings and slowly starting to phase out the tiltless. It was actually kind of working by the end of today. I started hitting atomsmashers, fears, blurs and a few others mid string with other random components rather than mid drill. I think that's a good thing? At least it will make me more interesting to watch, rather than being able to call all my tricks.

some highlights include:
:arrow: flip fairy ducking clipper, almost SOSed it like 5 times but then my flip fairy gave out before I could do it.
:arrow: footed alpine fear like 20 times, I just couldn't absorb the impact or something enough with my legs? I don't know.
:arrow: hit fairy ss mir>tap>rpt after like 3 tries today. In front of a guy I was trying to impress.

Something of a cool thing, but not a highlight: there's a kid I live next to who turns out to actually be able to process footbag. He's a great kicker, I saw him do an atw today (outside, in your face doug), and he even landed a few strong side kicky clippers. He understood atomsmasher, which was incredible, and actually could fathom how the dexes and things worked. He may or may not continue with the sport, but either way, it gives me hope, because that's just awesome that he understood so much, even if he couldn't replicate it. alright and with that it's much later than I wanted it to be, my dang spanish teacher just loved to pile the homework on when she sent us an email today about homework due tomorrow. Crazzness. Anything else much to report? It's been a crazy weekend, modified. A truly crazy weekend for me
Ian Pfeiffer
Trampoline owner

century264
Multidex Master

Post by century264 » 29 Sep 2008 12:47

Played again today! justice wanted to so who was I to object. I had a good good good session. Justice is about where he was when we left, but that's alright. The kid chris I played with yesterday turns out to have good taste in tricks and can recognize them. Plus he hit fairy and clipper stalled. Good times. The tricks he likes are blur and stepping stuff, tapdown and drifter so far. I just thought: I like your style. It might be cool to see sometime soon.

Highlights?
:arrow: Witchdoctor
:arrow: alpine fear. bwahaha!
:arrow: alot of tapdowns almost bsos
:arrow: something well over 50 contacts in front of a tour group coming through the building! It had variety and maybe three toe bails. Not all tiltless either. Mostly, but I threw some BOPS in and i think a few little other things. Quite Sweet.
Ian Pfeiffer
Trampoline owner

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 29 Sep 2008 13:04

nice highlights, pal! props on getting a new player into the game. just stay cool, keep him kickin, and maybe he'll stick around. maybe even bribe him with a footbag that you made if he invests in lavers?
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

century264
Multidex Master

Post by century264 » 03 Oct 2008 13:17

Had a session today. I was way too busy this week and way too stressed at all the crap that suddenly went wrong in my life that is now kind of coming back together. So this was the first time since monday and three day's break is not kind. I don't think I had any real highlights except I hit
ss butter>osis>pdx mir>rpt>lo>lo>(fear>lo>fear>lo>rpt) which I'm pretty sure is the first time I've started to mix my more guiltless drills together. plus a midstring flip fear was pretty cool for me. I was trying to hit a four contact fairy string like flo>fear>rpt but I could only get three contacts because of my flip fairy. A lot of my concepts seemed off and my calf is giving me crap again. I'm pretty sure it's the lavers but I'll try stretching it out a lot before and after every session and as much as possible. I hope it works.
Ian Pfeiffer
Trampoline owner

century264
Multidex Master

Post by century264 » 04 Oct 2008 12:23

so i played again today, but my body wanted none of it. My shins were giving me crap, same with my calves and a few of the tendons and ligaments too. All good times. However, I popped some Tylenol and off i went to the races. I did a lot better today than yesterday, though my stamina was crappy and my muscles gave out quickly so my strings were somewhat paltry. However, Highlights included ss mir>weak atomsmasher>strong atomsmasher>string including ssbutter>osis>pdx mir>rpt. That was probably the best thing today. Other highlights: Fairy ss mir>fear>rpt. I know I should have hit this so long ago, but I am still working on it. Also tapx2 on both sides but couldn't quite SOS it. fixed my tapdowns but they're not consistent enough. Hit pdx tap and that felt really easy and cool. Anything else? Ha some kids were like Hey put it around your head and I did a ducking clipper for them first try. That felt good to be able to do things on command. I need to work ducking again. That's pretty much all for the session. Pfeiffer out
Ian Pfeiffer
Trampoline owner

century264
Multidex Master

Post by century264 » 05 Oct 2008 17:42

played today. It was alright and I hit some fun stuff but I stopped early at it. I shouldn't have but there was this girl at the dorm and the way we act around each other is weird and we kind of made out at one point so that's probably it. Anyway, she was talking to me and I think that's why I stopped. I'm planning a bunch of stuff for tomorrow though.
highlights for today:
butter>pdx mir>DLO rpt (stolen from Danny Murphy, sorry bud, but I wanted to try it out)
atomsmasher b2b multiple times including first try of the day.
smears into strings
both sided drifters midstring as well as ducking clippers.
Hit ducking and diving clip BSOS, but it wasn't a legit string, I just didn't drop before doing the next trick. I think I straight tilted once or twice.
most of my drills came off pretty easily, which I would call a highlight, to be honest. I just need to learn how to string everything better instead of just drilling constantly. It's gonna be a frustrating few months to break into that.

To Matt Cross, sorry I haven't responded to your feedback. Yeah that's what I do when kids get the shoes, I make them a bag so they can play whenever they want here. It's only happened with two kids thus far and neither of them are very driven, but I'm raising awareness on campus, right? haha

things to keep in mind for tomorrow:
record BOPS
add genuines into BOPS and tiltless drills
play for string length and variety, not for short technical drills.
That is all. Pfeiffer out
Ian Pfeiffer
Trampoline owner

century264
Multidex Master

Post by century264 » 07 Oct 2008 03:45

well yesterday I played and I found that the downside to playing all the time is that string length suffers because your legs start getting rull tired and crampy. As well, I was basically learning to string. I know that sounds weird when I've been hitting things so well lately, but I have, for all my footbag career, been more focused on drills than strings. When I learned tiltless, when you watch a video of mine, they are all just drills linked together. So yesterday was an odd day for me, completely learning a new style of the sport in my eyes. I played for maybe 2.5 hours, but I was talking to people during that time too, so I'm not incredibly sore, which is good, I suppose.

I think I made a mistake learning BOPS this late. It would have been better for me to have been learning them as my tiltless came along. As it is, I am getting better at all of them, but it's frustrating knowing that I'm trying to get away from tiltless but not really having anywhere to build up from that's not tiltless yet. That said, yesterday, by the end of the day though, I was hitting the occasional 20 or so contact pretty random string with plenty of BOPS and a few three adds like DLO and Fear and some atomsmashers in the mix. It felt pretty really cool

I also hit a new record, 15 contacts of osis>ss clipper>rpt, because I was tired but wanted to keep playing and that drill is not that physically demanding.

I broke through the crappy session barrier yesterday and that was cool too. I kept almost giving up and I was like, nah let's just go and have fun with it instead of getting upset
Ian Pfeiffer
Trampoline owner

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 07 Oct 2008 16:03

tilt/guilt/tripless... it's all bullshit.

don't push for breaking a number barrier. push for good style, smooth movements, easy of motion, bothsidedness, variety, and creativity.

if you push for these instead of some number-related goal, you'll come out way ahead of someone who says "I want to be guiltless, so I'm cutting out the 2's"

If you want to be guiltless, and you suddenly cut out your 2s, that's going to make for a REALLY boring game.

Work on doing LOOOOOOONG strings with smooth motions and variety. Even if there's a plain old clipper stall thrown in there, it will look GREAT. it will look way better than butterfly osis paradox mirage a billion times, with the occasional ripwalk or fear or whatever.

Your style looked great this summer, don't be discouraged. I'm looking forward to playing again.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

century264
Multidex Master

Post by century264 » 09 Oct 2008 16:13

Matt, I took your advice for the session I just had. I do feel more stylish in my lavers than my units, although I'm a little sad to get rid of those magic buckets. I had taken a break the last couple days so my legs had some pop and crisp to them and I just worked on putting some new moves into some long, varietyfull strings. It worked really well. My highlights were all just fun things I put in midstring, but:
Highlights:
:arrow: Things I did midstring:
drifter b2b, stepping far clipper BSOS, dlo>lo>rpt, ripwalk atomsmasher and blur all in one string, lots of ducking clippers, mostly strong side though. lots of stronger drifters just thrown in there, a bunch of fairy stuff. Just good times
:arrow: new awesome record: 27 contacts of osis>ssclip>rpt. Wow does repetition when you're tired pay off. I threw A bunch of weak osii in the strings today because of my new confidence in it
:arrow: smear and fear in the same string. that was cool. Strong pixie is really circly and wide compared to what I want it to be, but it's coming along, as much as I have to panic to get a downtime dex after such a lot of work when I set it.

Generally just a really good time in the session. String length and control was key, and it was starting to come along. I love footbag today. Pfeiffer out.

PS. doug I'm gonna call you later tonight, but guess who's got two thumbs and is coming to boston this weekend if there's a place to crash? This guy *points to self*
Ian Pfeiffer
Trampoline owner

century264
Multidex Master

Post by century264 » 12 Oct 2008 19:28

Had a session among the craziness and hectic billity(I don't know what that means but it's a word that occurs to me when I think of this weekend) with Doug and Pete and Kevin in the common. It was actually really good but I'm still rully sore.
highlights:
:arrow: two new moves, stepping same pickup and flip sidewalk same string. that was cool
:arrow: Forque
:arrow: goodish string length with both DLO's, both drifters, both ducking clippers, and lots of fairies all over the place. I felt some real variety coming along in my strings.

Optimism, thy name is footbag. I mean, there's some shitty parts in my life right now, but footbag is turning out well, even if I'm only progressing a little at a time, unlike Eoghan and Cale and Jordan and Manna and Jay and the other future all stars
Ian Pfeiffer
Trampoline owner

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 12 Oct 2008 19:31

forque for the cheese.
Pat Thomsen
Syracuse, New York - The connecting point to footbaggers in the NE and Canada. We make pancakes and air conditioners.