Boston Shred Crew, manly baby steps

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.

On a scale of 1-53 how much cooler is pete than kevin:

Very
No votes
You Dont Got The Stones
11%
You Dont Got The Stones
11%
I don't know either but suspect at least 74
No votes
quit your shuckin n jivin and stick to jimmin and jammin
17%
Im the best mang, I Deeed It
11%
48 1/3
22%
I dont know how to read
28%

Total votes: 18

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Re: Boston Shred Crew Featurin' a broken man

Post by Cass » 02 Nov 2013 09:59

:( <3

dolercoaster
Shredaholic

Post by dolercoaster » 04 Nov 2013 12:48

I've noticed you have tendency to get hit really hard by random tragedies...I've also noticed that you manage to overcome them as well as anyone could possibly hope to. Your parents rock, you're in good hands!

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 04 Nov 2013 13:43

:lol:

i appreciate what everyone had to say, it REALLY means a lot to me. but bruce wins for appealing to my sense of pride :wink:
ken is in a close 2nd for being so damned correct. did NOTHING for the past 3 weeks but smoke and watch the Sox, Bruins, C's, and Pats. and a lot of comedy bang bang and adventure time.
original x ray is on facebook.

getting a little bit better everyday, starting to put some weight on it, hopefully be able to switch from crutches a piyump cane by the end of the week.

new watermark events:
first shower in 4 weeks: Saturday
first time leaving the house for non-work purposes in 4 wks: Saturday night to the bar for 2 hours, shot some pool on 1 leg, won my first 3 games back in a month
first crutch trip down to the train station w/o stopping on someone front steps for a rest: sunday night

thanks again guys, im honestly touched :mrgreen:
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 06 Nov 2013 10:02

slapdash21 wrote: hopefully be able to switch from crutches a piyump cane by the end of the week.
Pics or it didn't happen.

slapdash21 wrote: did NOTHING for the past 3 weeks but smoke and watch the Sox, Bruins, C's, and Pats.
You've been watching the C's?!? You're going to need to switch to something stronger than weed if their season continues the way I expect it will... :?

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 16 Nov 2013 14:49

i dunno mang they doin aight :lol:

on a cane now! small infection in a dissolvable stitch they left too close to the surface but i caught it early. progressing...
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 16 Nov 2013 19:51

I'm really glad to hear that you're Christopher Walken with a cane now.

Sounds like you're progressing. Exciting to hear. Was thinking about you today. Jackson broke his ankle today on BS Smear :/ Nothing compared to your injury, of course. Hope you continue to progress with this. Shooting over some dope ass healing vibes your way bud.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

slapdash21
Futureless

Re: Boston Shred Crew, manly baby steps

Post by slapdash21 » 30 Nov 2013 08:54

happy late thanksgiving! im thankful for mobility, advancements in medical technology, friends and family that have gotten stuff for me, cooked for me, hung out, brought the new GTA over (my dude right there), made me laugh, texted me and supported me here and on FB, that it hasnt snowed much yet and last but certainly not least :mrgreen: and adventure time, which work hand in hand.

yo my dude kevin is tearin it up and lookin quite textbook at the same time. protect ya neck, dont say i didnt warn ya.

updates:
-currently 7 1/2 weeks in
-back at work for 3 weeks
-3 1/2 weeks in, first pool game back (won 3 in a row ha)
-switched to a cane after 5 weeks
-taken the train the multiple times
-5 weeks in attempted an atw (still workin on it haha)
-5 1/2 weeks- first crippled league match win
-7 weeks: walked from my apt to my parents house WITH NO CANE and GOT BACK ON THE BIKE

i also used my cane so much the metal part broke right thru the rubber bottom.
thanks for the support guys, shred one for me, and shred it well
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 23 Jan 2014 13:53

fiiiiiinally have a day off after about a month between jobs (I'm "officially" a graphic designer, working at a print shop its dope!) so looks like the only 2 active players in mass, dr. david remi da killah and myself are going to have a hack sesh.

footbag has been on the backburner but nearly every other aspect of life has been equally if not more fulfilling. Working in pretty much the business hub of my city, 9+ hours a day 3-4 days a week of dealing with clients, learning a shit ton about the printing process and of course spending copious amounts of my day in my beloved creative suite. I saw a flyer I made hanging in one of the corridors of the industrial park and it might as well have been nemesis back to back, a really amazing feeling considering the sack of shit the last few years have been, feels good to actually feel like a person who can amount to something. It's also hard because between getting better at footbag/graphics I'm leaning towards graphics. I can juggle both but i'd rather see my footbag game take a hit honestly then fuck up at work. Ken had a really good post about juggling life/footbag in my blog so im gonna read that a few times aswell.

footbag is footbag is hacky sack. i'm 4/6 sessions into a training program but i doubt i'll get to play until monday which is fine. I suck pretty bad but its hard to gauge actually how good i am because my seshes are always late at the end of my day when im stupid tired so drilling seems to be the most productive thing i can do at the moment footbag wise. monday should be interesting. last time i played i hit fog>ss blink which is a cool link, got around an insane triple dex and so far im 2/2 at toe spinning flying osis, which may be an invention. drilling will for sure ramp me up to the next level, owning tricks as opposed to hitting them even if i can play as much as i used to. gonna start trying to wake up early and get in a drill sesh a few times a week. we shall see.

happy 2014. peace love weed green and good vibes to all. cant wait to shred with y'all this year.

kevin
Kevin Hogan

BSC

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 23 Jan 2014 20:09

Hell yeah dude. Good, positive post. I'm thinking I'm gonna start waking up early to get my daily session in before work, too. But, awesome to hear it's still working out well. Keep it up man.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 24 Jan 2014 00:14

7evenkogan wrote:(I'm "officially" a graphic designer, working at a print shop its dope!)
Sweet! Post some pics here or on your instagramma, mamma!
7evinkogan wrote:happy 2014. peace love weed green and good vibes to all. cant wait to shred with y'all this year.
Likewise brotha!

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 24 Jan 2014 13:06

im alive....

i typically dont use a cane...weird bump right near the break, not sure what it is. hopefully last follow up tues, final x ray too I hope... racking up like 10,000 in medical debt. about 3-5 thousand away from buying my work van. so like 2-4 months. so effin busy....

quit the apa 8O after like...4-5 yrs, and being captain for the last 3. weird. hope yall is good.
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

skankin
Multidex Master

Post by skankin » 26 Jan 2014 16:14

hey bitches!!! it's ya fathah JP, so I'm not on facebook anymore cuz it was giving me too much trouble, so I'll have to usethis oldthing to get in touch with some of my favourite persons in the world. But me and some friends are wanting to come and see Old Crow Medecine Show on the 8th of march, and we were wonderin if any of you guys wanna party with us and maybe have a crash space and a kicky sack sess with me and a smoke sess with all of us. So just reply or pm me, cuz ill be haggling you guys!!!

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 05 May 2014 11:30

ooooooo baby i like it rrrrrrrrraw yaaaa baby i live it raaaaaaaaaaw
Kevin Hogan

BSC

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 14 Jul 2015 16:49

oh yes.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 17 Sep 2015 06:59

Bob :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: , Bowler & I are shredding tomorrow so i figured i'd bump this bitch.

shoutout to nick polini for the new lavers. who woulda thought playing in the correct-sized footbag shoe would make my game feel like a john hughes film

ecfc stuff:
-grifter>grifter again
-2/2 blurry whirling swirl attempts
-gravedigger>food processor>dank run
-Paradox Illusioning Flail (sox)

-BOWLER MAKING CIRCLE FINALZ
Kevin Hogan

BSC

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 01 May 2016 16:07

hashbrownfistbump
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

bobgreen
Multidex Master

Post by bobgreen » 24 May 2016 16:03

What's with the teaser post and no follow up?