Eoghan

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Eoghan

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 25 Aug 2007 22:44

Well, i am a beggininer shredder. I can do Pickup's on both feet and butterflies. My clippers are pretty decent, and I'm incredibly close to getting the Whirl, which i have to get now cause my buddy just got it. I just got a Footfighter mini from a friend who went to worlds, and it's awesome. I love it, after you get to use to using a tiny bag it starts feeling natural. Any advice on what i should be going for would be greatly appreciated. I'm gonna head off, gonna go shred soo nwith two of my hacking buddies, so cheers.
Last edited by EoghanMcDowell on 17 Aug 2011 13:32, edited 68 times in total.
Eoghan Patrick Morgan McDowell

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 25 Aug 2007 23:15

BOO YAH !

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 25 Aug 2007 23:18

AND THE SECOND RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!

It's a good job.. it's gotta be done.

Whatsup man welcome to the brotherhood! lol

If you REALLY wann get good you need to do 50 around the worlds each direction each foot, 100 clipper to op clippers and 100 osii EVERY DAY! When you reach that level, then Ask what next to do.

MUWAWAWAWAWA YOU WILL BE THE BEST SHREDDER IN THE UNIVERSE

PoisonTaffy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by PoisonTaffy » 26 Aug 2007 04:33

Hey, I'm around your level, but I got the Whirl this weekend so you have some catching up to do 8)

You mentioned pickup and butterfly, can you do the rest in between?
"Childhood is short, immaturity is forever"

Roy Klein

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 26 Aug 2007 22:26

I just got consecutive Butterflies, one foot to the other, and i just got illusion as well. I can pickups from one foot to the other occasionally, and I'm starting to get the Legover. The whirl still eludes me though. I have no idea why it's so hard for me. I mean i can do a paradox pickup pretty decently, isn't the dex for the whirl pretty much the same as that? I guess i just have to keep trying, and watching videos of people doing them, and ogle at their skill. But yeah, i feel that i accomplished at least something in the past two days. Just gotta keep doing it. I guess i should list all tricks i can do, so here we go. I got Osis both feet pretty good, mirage both feet, butterfly both feet, around the world right foot. Double around the world right foot. (My flipside around the world is so crappy, i don't understand) Clipper both feet, Illusion right foot, and a really lame pixie set on my right foot. Thats about it for now. I'll post some more as soon as i hit something new, like a torque or something. Cheers.

Grade Zero
Multidex Master

Post by Grade Zero » 26 Aug 2007 23:41

Don't rush the tricks. And make training goals (I made a list instead :lol: ) and do those at least once a week.

My practice session does not focus on learning new tricks, but drilling the ones I already know consistently (like 10 in a row, alternating sides if possible for tricks like legover, clipper, etc.) and evenly on both sides. Once I get a trick at least 10 in a row each side easily (or 20 for alternating sides), I go for a new trick. Helps in the long run. But that's just me. I'm obsessive :lol:
Maverick Penaranda

Proposed Job's Notation for Reincarnation: Life [BOD] > Death [XBD] > Rebirth [PDX].

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 27 Aug 2007 12:37

Oh my gosh. I got as hole in my Quantums the other day, and i was freaking out. After some shoe glue it is better, but it still looks unsightly. Thanks for the advice, I'll try drilling tricks more so then just messing around with combos and stuff. I know i need to get the tricks down consistently before i can start linking them.

Grade Zero
Multidex Master

Post by Grade Zero » 27 Aug 2007 23:24

I still have my Quantums in the box :lol:

I have fairly new Lavers so I'm using those first.

But dang, a hole already? That's like wearing facile on your feet :wink:
Maverick Penaranda

Proposed Job's Notation for Reincarnation: Life [BOD] > Death [XBD] > Rebirth [PDX].

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 28 Aug 2007 18:25

I guess your bound to get a hole climbing a fence. It was a completely unnecessary climb as well. Dang it, oh well, i got some good shredding in today. My butterflies are becoming much more consistent. I',m taking advice and just drilling the tricks i know. Like butterflies, mirages, clippers, osis's, and pickups and legovers. I know these moves are essential, but they're at very low levels right now. I find them to be exceptionally hard. I don't wanna be rushing or anything, so I'll lay off the new trick learning until i can get a reasonably good stream of the tricks i do know going. I just gotta keep drilling those moves. I'll update as soon as something awesome happens, cheers.

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 29 Aug 2007 16:14

Woohoo! I finally got ducking toe stalls! I've been trying fr a while but i just got them. I realized the principle of ducking and what do you know it, i finally start getting toe stalls. Zulu clipper is my next goal, then i can start trying some diving and see how that works. But yes, i learned something new. YEEHEE!

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 02 Sep 2007 13:24

update this cheese man.. i know you hit something special lately...

coughwhirlcough :D

nicejob dude. and yeah, consecutive drills come first, then strings. working my flip clipper lately as well.
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 03 Sep 2007 08:18

Well I'm back from a three day hangout with three of my friends, who all happen to be pretty o.k shredders. I went to Cale's birthday and we saw Balls of Fury which was super ridiculous. After that we decided to walk home to His house which is like 3 miles away from there. When we got there we had cold leftover pizza and some water. Then we went and shredded under a streetlight right outside his house. Me and Cale played a game of Shred (Which is like horse but for footbag) and we each won a game. So he decided he wanted to do a best out of 3, so we started the last game. Halfway through i decided i had to hit the whirl. Now i had drilled this trick before, but to no avail. But i finally hit it, and i hit it 3 more times after that. So i had that new trick high. The sad thing about that session is that i was sweating a lot, and i didn't take a shower afterwards so the sweat cooled on my body, causing a nasty cold. So I'm out of commission for a couple of days. So yeah, that was my labor day weekend, cheers.

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 03 Sep 2007 16:22

haha you where way to sweaty to hug after hitting that whirl. but i did it anyways.... :? lol get better dude, we need to drill whirls and paradox mirages and legovers soon. adios!
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 03 Sep 2007 19:58

(EDIT) ignore this post
Last edited by EoghanMcDowell on 03 Sep 2007 20:01, edited 1 time in total.

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 03 Sep 2007 19:59

Lol thats probably true. But i appreciate you doing it anyway. But yeah, i had a very laid back shred session today. Hit Whirl twice, and tried to improve on my infinite score, but to no avail. My butterflies felt very very lax today, but they were quick, although i never hit one straight into another, i did hit like four switching sides between toe stalls, so that was cool. I tried to drill my flipside clipper, but that wasn't working to well either. Colds don't help your freestyle game i guess. Tomorrow marks my first day of full length school. Beginning my freshman year. I'll probably be getting some ok shred in during lunch and such, but you can't get to sweaty at school right. I'm thinking i might start a footbag club at the Phoenix high school near ATI, but i don't know if thats allowed. I know you can take electives there, but i don't know about clubs. I would love to find more shredders in the Rouge Valley area of Oregon, but i don't think there are any others that are truly serious about the sport, besides Cale and me. Oh yes, another thing i forgot to mention. I drilled my flipside ATW's, and they are becoming more consistent. I have been putting them off way to long, they need to be trained. I also discovered the secret to hitting the pickup consistently, at least the secret for me, and the Legover as well. Just recently i hit 5 pickups in a row, which i think is a Tiltless 5 touch combo (Or it might be Tripless, I don't know these things) But yeah it was sweet. Alright, i must go now and sleep. Got a full day ahead of me tomorrow, and my body needs some recovering time from this cold. See you all soon, cheers.

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 05 Sep 2007 19:44

Alright! I just had my first real shred session in a while. I decided that i needed to start getting serious about it, so i got myself doing drills. So far my favorite drill is clipper to same side pickup (Paradox pickup?) Then the same on the other side and just repeating it over and over again. I got through 2 repetitions before dropping, but it's helping my game massively. I noticed the improvement instantly as i got my third pickup in the combo. I can feel that i have just entered the world of freestyle footbag for real, and it's intense. As well as one of the best workouts I've ever had. Woohoo. Cheerio chaps

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 08 Sep 2007 23:26

(EDIT)
Last edited by EoghanMcDowell on 08 Sep 2007 23:27, edited 1 time in total.

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 08 Sep 2007 23:26

Well, what a day. I went up to Eugene with my dad for an Art opening with one of his old friends. I took this opportunity to get in contact with the footbag crew up there. I was able to shred with them for like 3 hours. I was amazed, I've never seen anyone that good in person, and it was great to see. To examine form and such. But yeah, it was awesome, and i hit torque for the first time. All in all it was an awesome experience. I wish there was a crew with advanced players here in the rouge valley. I guess i just have to make one. The two members are me and Cale. Yeah!

ericksonj
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by ericksonj » 08 Sep 2007 23:37

Props on everything you hit today man! It was really fun having you up in Eugene.

This kids clippers are so flat it is scary, and he has osis dialed already. He can bust some pretty long tiltless strings and can go for quite a while with a few tilts in between. I was really impressed as the day went on as he kept shredding better and better. I saw him bust torque and he was so close to toe ducking clipper and toe drifter.

Only 15 man you are going to be really good. You have the great flat clipper that will take you so far. Can't believe you hit torque already, it took me forever to hit that move. Your pixie set looks like it will come in very soon too, just keep shredding hard and although solo sessions can be a bit boring, they are totally necessary to get better. Posting what you hit on modified is also a great way to stay connected to the freestyle community as well as motivate yourself to keep pushing.

You're welcome in the Eugene footbag community any time you feel like coming up.

Peace
Always Shreddin
James Erickson
Eugene Footbag Association (Orton, Nasty, Me)
w/ new additions (Casey, Alex, Eddie, and Shawnell)

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 09 Sep 2007 01:26

Thanks man, it was cool shredding with you guys. Wish i could get to sleep, but i can't stop thinking about footbag. I'm obsessing over it. What was that pad we were shredding on? I would like to know, cause i think it would be good to get a portable surface for when i shred with Cale.