Rabbit Lives! ECFC Write Up!!!

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Rabbit
Shredaholic

Re: New Goals

Post by Rabbit » 17 Jan 2010 09:59

All around great day yesterday, saw Avatar with Bruce and Stan. It was AMAZING if you havent seen it yet, go see it! Afterwards we had a night session with NYFA, such a great turnout. We had, I think, 12 people including special guest Ken Somolinos!

I really want to keep schooling my fundamentals
Rabbit wrote: Around the World- 11
Flip ATW- 5
Mirage- 15
Flip Mirage- 10
Clipper- 25
Flip Clipper- 26
Butterfly Legover- 5
Flip Butterfly Legover- 1
Alternating Butterflys- 6
Butterfly Pdx Mirage- X2
Diving Clipper- 3
Flip Diving Clipper- 3
Same side legover- 7
Flip Same side legover- 1
Was able to up these before I gassed out.
Around the World- 21
Flip ATW- 7
Mirage- 20
Flip Mirage- 11
Clipper- 30
Flip Clipper- 36
Butterfly Legover- 10
Same side legover- 11
Flip Same side legover- 2

Dinner then videogames after. All around fun day.

Tonight doing dinner and Karaoke with Ken and some others. Gonna be fun, will def post some pics and video in the next few days.

Ciao-
B
Barrett Neimeth

Rabbit
Shredaholic

Post by Rabbit » 21 Jan 2010 12:59

Sunday was pretty fun did Sushi and Karaoke with Ken, Taylor, Ashley, and some other friends. Really fun time, I am a terrible singer :-), pray that you never have to hear me sing.

Ben is back from Cali, I'm pretty psyched to kick with him, hopefully tonight. Got some stuff to do first tho.

Here are some pics from the weekend.

NYFA

Drew busted his ankle :-(

Way and Nami

Karaoke
Barrett Neimeth

mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by mtoolan » 21 Jan 2010 13:41

Awesome stuff man, I'm glad you're updating. Hopefully I'll make my way up to the city sooner rather than later, and I'm already ridiculously pumped for the jam this summer.
Mike Toolan
Penn State Footbag Club

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 27 Jan 2010 00:25

Yo dude! I've been offered the opportunity to play at some places in NYC if I can get 20 people to come out. I would have posted this in the NYFA blog, but yours seems to be the blog with the freshest posts from NY.

I've got some friends who work for Ernst & Young who said they would get some peeps out. It would be great to get some support from the NYC footbag posse!!!

Do you think you and those folks would be into it?
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 27 Jan 2010 16:38

Barrett: Thanks for posting a pic of me with a busted ankle Barrett. Keep schooling you are getting much better.

Matt: Myself and NYFA would love to come see one of your shows and I'm sure that we could help get 20 people to come out. What venues are you looking to play at? and could another act be booked with you? I know a couple of bands that might be interested in playing shows with you. If they were to play with you they would also promote then there would be well more then 20 people rockin out and having a great time.

Toolman: You should move here next fall.
Drew Martin

Rabbit
Shredaholic

Post by Rabbit » 28 Jan 2010 13:35

I'm definitely there Matt. Let us know when and I'll push for others to come.
Barrett Neimeth

Rabbit
Shredaholic

Post by Rabbit » 23 Feb 2010 06:27

Had an awesome shred with NYFA on saturday, finally hit my flip whirl! I was pretty psyched about that. Going to keep schooling it next week.

-6 weeks into P90x feeling awesome, minus having trouble moving this morning, did 144 push ups yesterday over the course of 50ish min.
-Haven't drank/ smoked in over a month!

Matt Cross is coming in Friday, psyched to see his show and kick with him.

Gangsta
-B
Barrett Neimeth

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 23 Feb 2010 12:40

Damn Barrett! Looks like you're doing great, P90X is intense, I did it for awhile too. I started their other training program, Insanity, today.

Def going to have to get up to NYC soon and try to kick with NYFA, it's been too long!

Rieferman
Flower Child

Post by Rieferman » 25 Feb 2010 05:48

two things:
- I remember when drew used to be cool and would shred with me
- I remember way back when Barrett came to kick with me since his family lives nearby I think.. and he said something about it would be a regular thing.. hasn't happened since
Bob R.

Rabbit
Shredaholic

Post by Rabbit » 25 Feb 2010 09:54

Drew- Yea man I'm feeling awesome. How is "Insanity" I saw it on tv and it just looks like they ripped off P90x. Def come to NY sooon!

Bob- I can't really remember when Drew was cool, but we love him anyway ;-)
Next time I'm home Ill come up and kick with you, not sure when that's going to be tho, I'm only back in Pa maybe 1 time a year-ish.

No Matt Cross this weekend :-(
Damn you snow!
Barrett Neimeth

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 25 Feb 2010 11:43

Snow! You icy bitch! :evil: :P

I look so psycho with that pic of me and Namy. Pants on the ground!

Ben Cooke is back from his surfing trip! Shred time!!
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

Rabbit
Shredaholic

Post by Rabbit » 06 Jul 2010 06:27

Have been playing a lot lately! Guess its a good time to update...

Last week we had visitors Johnny B Goode, Ken Somolinos and Ian McBrillan. Always great to see those guys, motivates me to kick up my play a notch. My highlights from that weekend from what I remember are

Clipper>Whirl>FarLegover>OpClipper>Whirl>FarLegover
Clipper>Whirl>Whirl>OpClipper>Whirl>Whirl
Butterfly>Butterfly>Osis>Butterfly>Butterfly>Osis
5 Whirls in a row on my strong side

Some guy with Pigeons, Ken Thriller Dance
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDmn4O2v ... re=channel[/youtube]

Flash Orgy
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcJvwN5o ... re=channel[/youtube]

I think that was all. After the shred we played pool at Josie Woods. Ian and I vs Ken and Bagel (my girlfriend Ashley). I think they won most of the games, or we won when they scratched on the 8 ball, either way they played better than us. Then we played poker at my apartment, and once again Ken and Bagel both whooped me and Ian. Fun times, hope they come to NY more often.

This week Alex Strassman stopped by, good to see him, been like 3 years. Highlights for me were

Whirl x3 on my weak side
Symp mirage>Legover>Symp Mirage>Legover
Diving Butterfly on both sides, not same string

And The Joy Spreader!!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C_vpCK0NoQ[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soo9xUSss3w[/youtube]

BONUS NYFA JAM FOOTAGE

Cop lends me her segway!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJiCtktl ... re=channel[/youtube]

Drew Thriller Dance
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dFhuz7SELs[/youtube]
Barrett Neimeth

Rabbit
Shredaholic

New Shred Spot

Post by Rabbit » 08 Jul 2010 17:17

Got a new shred spot! Wooo!!!

Ordered a mat online and had my first session on it today. Little worried cause it slides a bunch, gotta figure out how to secure it.

Just had a short schooling session.

Hit 50 flip ATW not in a row, anywhere from 1-5 at a time. Going to try to do 50 a day until its as strong as my other side

Also did 50 flip osis' not in a row.

Not really highlights but happy to be schooling and seeing progress.

Peaceout
Barrett Neimeth

Rabbit
Shredaholic

Saturday Shred

Post by Rabbit » 11 Jul 2010 05:08

Took the train with Bruce out to Sleepy Hollow yesterday. Yes, the headless horseman's Sleepy Hallow. Drew and the Headless Horseman are neighbors. We had a short session, but a few highlights for me.

Started trying whirl from toe, hit it a few times, footed it on the flip side a few times. Tried pdx whirl but that one is still a ways off.

Diving clipper> Ducking Clipper>Diving clipper> Ducking Clipper

Also working on symp legover after watching Anz Tricks v2, i think my DLO is going to fall right into place when i have that trick dialed.

I hit something else new but i cant remember.

Today I think we are going to see The Roots in Prospect park, should be fun!

Ciao,
B
Barrett Neimeth

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 11 Jul 2010 12:14

Yo bro, I'll be in town tomorrow night, tuesday, and probably wednesday. let's get a little kickaroo in. I'll call you. I'm staying with Ben. looking at a few apartments in brooklyn. Woo!
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Rabbit
Shredaholic

Post by Rabbit » 11 Jul 2010 16:43

mc wrote:Yo bro, I'll be in town tomorrow night, tuesday, and probably wednesday. let's get a little kickaroo in. I'll call you. I'm staying with Ben. looking at a few apartments in brooklyn. Woo!
bad ass, its my birthday tomorrow so we is gonna rock out!
Barrett Neimeth

Rabbit
Shredaholic

Post by Rabbit » 15 Jul 2010 06:54

Shiiiit son, crazy week

Will start with an epic weekend

Sunday went to the Prospect Park Zoo with Ashley

Followed by seeing The Roots and Talib Kweli also in Prospect park with Ben Drew and Ashley.

Funny thing happened during the show.

There was a large tree next to us, inevitably with people drinking someone will pee on it. It's to be expected.

What I wouldn't expect is a line developing to use the tree, there was a line maybe 15 people long (women included) to piss on it.

If you look directly behind Ben, that's the line to piss on the tree

Monday Monday Monday, one time only! My 25th Birthday! I am 1/4 of a century old. Damn son.

For dinner Ashley took me to City Lobster, great food.

Nova Scotia Sea Scallops, Lobster Claw, Lemon Artichoke and Asparagus Risotto

Key Lime Pie

Apricot IPA

For those who don't know, which is prob everyone, I gave up drinking for New Years.

I decided to give up drinking until my birthday, July 12 for a few reasons but mostly to Detox/ get healthy/ respect alcohol more than I did last year. Mission accomplished and I lost a bunch of weight in the process. Very happy.

We Want The Funk!!! After dinner went to see

George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic, The Ohio Players

Great show, amazing energy, I even got a Sponge Bob strobe light necklace. Go Sponge Bling!

Birthday present to myself, bought a plane ticket out to WORLDS!!! Can't Wait!!!

Matt Cross has been in town for a few day, really great to hang out with him. Yesterday we got to play some footbag by my apartment. He is such a good teacher, I have never hit anything out of a stepping set on either side. After an hour session with Matt I hit for the 1st time

Ripwalk Both Sides!

Sidewalk Both Sides!

Doood so stoked on that session yesterday.

Cant wait to see everyone at Worlds!

Peace out!
Barrett Neimeth

Rabbit
Shredaholic

Post by Rabbit » 21 Jul 2010 08:47

Had a session with Bruce on Monday. Nothing too exciting except I hit spinning clipper for the first time, tried it a few times on my flip side but it was pretty ugly. Gonna keep schooling spins.

Bruce and I were talking about the positives and negatives of playing every day. Please weigh in if you have any thoughts, bc I want to try to play every day/ every other day leading up to worlds. But not sure if its the best idea, don't want to injure or burn myself out.

Pros
-Lots of time to school specific tricks
-I think it'll improve your stamina

Cons
-Quality of sessions? I don't feel like I play my best the more days I play in a row.
-More chance of injury
-No time for muscles to heal

So, would it make sense if you were to play every day/ every other day, to school tricks that use different muscle groups each day.

For example
Monday: Strong Toe tricks (ATW, Legovers, DLO, DATW)
Tues: Strong Clipper tricks (Whirl, Stepping, ducking, diving)
Wed: Flip Toe Tricks (ATW, Legovers, DLO, DATW)
Thurs: Flip Clipper tricks (Whirl, Stepping, ducking, diving)

Or something like that, I haven't really flushed the ideas out yet, but wondering the best way to do it allowing your muscles to heal, but still schooling every day and having quality sessions.

Please weigh in.
Barrett Neimeth

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 21 Jul 2010 14:46

Playing every day is great dude if you can handle it.

You're on the right track making a training program and especially for splitting up concepts on different days. Don't be stupid like me and practice furious set every day for two months straight every session. Split shit up. I'm in the process of making a giant program for myself once I'm healthy and able to play footbag again and I could totally make something geared towards your game if you wanted.

I love schooling by myself and heres a brief list of some advice I can give you:

- Don't fuck around the whole session add hunting. Hitting new moves is fun and shit but hitting 15 mirages first try is more impressive then hitting alpine blur after 50000 tries and will make you a better player in the end. If you want to hit bigger stuff, give yourself less tries and make it pertain to the concept your drilling i.e if your drilling whirls try pdx whirls. Also taking it easy on bigger stuff makes it way funner in the end of the session and eventually when your hitting blurry whirl bsos.

-doing consecutives of tricks is the best way to get better at a trick imo but it sounds like your already doing that :D

- It also helps to practice drilling the trick out of another trick instead of just mindless stringing i.e doing pdx mirage out of whirl 10 bs and vice versa. This makes those harder links feasible mid string.

- also pay attention to form. Mine sucks and thats why I'm hurt. If something hurts it probably should be corrected.

-warming up the same way everytime is something that I find helps too.

Alright man, hope some of that helps, but what do I know I'm chilling in a cast for the whole summer. Good luck at future sessions man, and at worlds.

see you soon.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 22 Jul 2010 03:55

I would go by feel. If your legs hurt don't play. Maybe do a lite warm up and loosen up followed by stretching, then see how your legs feel. If they feel good go ahead and shred. If you play everyday you will get stronger and have more endurance. If your days consist and loads of physical activity besides footbag then its best to take time off to let your body heal. If your days are filled with a lot of sitting around and doing nothing you should be able to shred almost everyday, at least a little everyday. Just listen to your body, see how it feels to shred everyday, take it easy and don't hurt yourself.
Drew Martin