Adrienne's footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 29 Apr 2009 12:29

colefieldhouse22 wrote:Howday ya'll

So I obviously haven't had much time for writing and after this I will be completely MIA for a few weeks. So before I forget:

~Cookies and drama that came from them will be dealt with later
~Yes, the Footboltz were on Tricks of the Trade 2 :)
~I hope all is well for you too Zac!

Footbag:
~Last Sunday I hit torque to some stuff. The "some stuff" doesn't really matter because the point is I linked it and Ken said it looked better than the only other one I did.

~Here is my first 3-add link with no bops, which I am really freakin' proud of:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD1s6dMRTLg[/youtube]

Hope all is well and wish me luck on my thesis!
Congrats on your first 3-add link! Very stylee!

Good luck with your thesis!
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website
Pm me for details about Munster Bags!

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 20 May 2009 11:17

I just spent FIVE AND A HALF HOURS locked in a room with my first period class due to national testing. They almost commited munity and needless to say I have a headache. So I decided to take a break and write an update during my planning period.

So in excellent news, I finished my thesis! It was turned in this past Friday. So that is a huge weight off my back. I have exactly one more month of school and one class that lasts until June 25th.

I have five job interviews in the next week. They are all at middle schools, but I have grown to like middle school since I have been here. I get lots of hugs everyday. When I got hugs in high school it was almost always a hormal boy thinking he was putting the mac on me. *shiver*

As far as footbag, I have barley played at all. Last weekend I played for the first time in two weeks at the congress of jugglers on UMD capmus. It was a lot of fun. Ken and Vince were also there and I think we all played well. I hit two things I was fairly proud of, but I need to hit them better. First, my PLO>mirage>rpt challange, but I am not officially going to mark it as hit because I want to do it better. Also I did parkwalk>torque, but my foot missed an easy outside kick to seal it. So I need to do it again.

After playing at the juggling convention, Ryan met up with us and we went to see the juggling show. It was ok, but the best part was this comedian named Jonathan Burns. I thought his one skit was so funny that I am going to see his show in Lancaster, PA on June 5th. http://showoffshow.com/

The best part was fire juggling that night. I got to do fire poi! It was a huge rush. The biggest challenge was trying not to burn my skirt as it blew in the wind.

I played footbag on Sunday at the usual spot but I was the only one who showed up. I played so horrible. I almost threw a tantrum which never happens. Oh, well. Hoefully I'll play again soon and do a bit better. I also need to start practicing a routine for funtastiks.

That's all for now. Peace!
Adrienne Craver

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 24 May 2009 20:37

Sealed parkwalk>torque today :)
Adrienne Craver

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 24 May 2009 20:39

Nice!! Props!!
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website

PoisonTaffy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by PoisonTaffy » 25 May 2009 00:40

Wow, awesome link. Must've felt good!
"Childhood is short, immaturity is forever"

Roy Klein

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 28 May 2009 07:46

Thanks, ya'll. It did feel awesome :)

Played Monday at a semi-impromptu BBQ my parents had. Ryan and Vince came over and a few of my friends just kicked around with us. We played in the rain, but it wasn't raining too hard. Before that, there was a down pour in which I ran around and jumped in puddles. It is amazing how liberating frolicking in the rain can be.

My big news is that I have a job! Just accepted the offer yesterday. I will be working at a middle school on a military base in Maryland. The thought of working on a military base is sooo weird for me, since I am not a big fan of the military. But it is a county school, not a Department of Defense school, and it seemed pretty normal. I also loved the principal and it just seemed like the perfect place for me. When I called the school to let them know I accpeted, the secretary said "Welcome to our family!" and that made me super happy. At the same time, I am really nervous. I felt nausous after talking to them. I am not quite ready to enter the really world.

I am going to start apartment hunting this weekend :)
Adrienne Craver

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 31 May 2009 11:49

Yay. We used to always jump in puddles when it rained when we were litluns.
...and Congrats on the jay oh bee.

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 06 Jun 2009 20:27

Thanks, Tom :)

Today was my favorite weather for playing. Warm with a slight breeze and cloud covered skies. It was gorgeous.

Didn't do anything spectacular, but most things were coming really easy. I did 10 infinities in a row first try and it felt easy. The only new thing I did was a spin. Though I don't know if it is a spinning clipper or spinning osis: Started on right clipper, spun all the way around to the right, then caught it on the same clipper. Anyway, it was tight.

Probably won't be able to play with the All-Stars for the next couple weeks, but hopefully that will mean more time for serious playing.

Other highlight of the day was finishing Twilight. Any guy dating a girl who has read that book is SCREWED. The main character sets the bar pretty darn high for being an awesome boyfriend. Gentlemen, go get that book and take notes.
Adrienne Craver

ThomASS
BSOS Beast

Post by ThomASS » 07 Jun 2009 17:01

Rhyming.

http://www.rhymer.com/RhymingDictionary/train.html

Rittle Lichard tmrw!! Sorry I con't make it. Got to work.

Ryan
Ryan Thomas

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 08 Jun 2009 20:08

Enjoyed looking at this, though I still have no idea what it means. You are silly Ryan :) My faves were suzerain (a superior feudal lord to whom fealty is due) and lamebrain (a dull-witted person)

The Little Richard show was tonight and it was pretty amazing. I love his music but, lord, that guy is strange. My mother ended up being one of his dancing wenches on stage during one song. I have never seen her so excited. Vince went as well. My mother and I got his autograph after the show. I told him how much I loved him in Mother Goose Rock 'n' Rhyme which made him and everyone at his table laugh because I am probably the only one at the show who was of the right age to have seen that movie.

On a footbag related front, played Sunday for like 45 minutes. Glad I felt good Saturday because Sunday was terrible. Couldn't hit crap. I played outside the gym so I went and weight lifted for like 45 minutes afterwords. Really trying to get in fit condition.

On another footbag note, I might go to Montreal this weekend with Ryan and Vince. In reality it is a dumb idea because we would have to leave Friday at night and leave Sunday to 2pm in order to be back by midnight so Vince and I can get rest for work. But I need a rush in my life right now, so it might be fun... We'll see...
Adrienne Craver

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 08 Jun 2009 20:19

colefieldhouse22 wrote: On another footbag note, I might go to Montreal this weekend with Ryan and Vince. In reality it is a dumb idea because we would have to leave Friday at night and leave Sunday to 2pm in order to be back by midnight so Vince and I can get rest for work. But I need a rush in my life right now, so it might be fun... We'll see...
Do it! Go and have fun! If you have the ability to do something like that do it, I wish I had the opportunity to even go to a tournament!
Josh M.
My Website

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 17 Jun 2009 18:32

I had made plans to go to Montreal and was all ready to walk out the door, but then unfortunately my travel mates had to cancel last minute. I was really close to just driving there by myself; my car was packed and ready to go. But then I realized I was exhausted and driving alone all night was a really dumb idea. So no Montreal :(

Fortunately, I have been playing a decent amount. I have enjoyed playing solo lately because I feel like I have been schooling a lot more. When I play with other people, I don't really do that because I would rather just have fun.

Monday night and today I had one of those really intense sessions where I was really into it. It is not that I even played really well. Sweat was just dripping down my face and I played so hard. It felt amazing.

Spent a lot of time just working on stuff, but I did hit my PLO>mirage rpt challenge several times. My pixies are really improving, though they are still high enough that I will eventually knee myself in the face.

Here is the only run I got on tape. Though it is short and not that interesting, I like that there are no atw, mirages or legovers (well, regular ones):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhWO_iAh ... annel_page[/youtube]

MY string length has never been very good and I can never figure out why. Like, I'll be doing ok and then just drop it for no reason. So I am going to try a couple things to hopefully improve it. First, I am going to try and not grab it out of the air just because it got too easy. If I need to do a couple toe stalls to keep it up in there air and control my body, so be it for now. Also, I am going to be more conscious about my breathing so that I don't get out of breath so quickly while I am playing. I tend to forget to breathe.
Adrienne Craver

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 21 Jun 2009 11:37

Friday was the last day for teachers at the school I work at, so I am done for the summer as far as that huge part of my life is concerned. As I drove away from the building for what could be the last time ever, I should have been excited and relieved. I survived the biggest part of grad school. Instead I got a huge knot in my stomach and was terrified.

Next year I will be entering this so called "real world." I will be starting a new job, will have my own class for which I am responsible and 100% of the pressures that come from being a first year teacher. Even though I had a full year internship, the pressures weren't the same. I am moving in to my first real apartment in mid-July. I also have a huge oral exam in July which pretty much will determine whether or not I graduate. This generally wouldn't be such an issue, but I have already failed it twice. Starting tomorrow I am doing tutoring for an hour a day and study for three a day, but I am still a nervous wreck about it.

Also, because I have been the busiest I have ever been, there are some personal issues that I have been able to keep my mind off of because I have had so much else to worry about. Now that things have slowed down, it is really getting to me.

So to sum up, I am really stressed right now. But I have been playing a lot of footbag and spending time with friends to try to keep my mind off of things.

Played three days in a row and my legs are very angry at me for it. Gonna take a day off from playing tomorrow while I am at the beach. Last night I hit three of my challenges. On was pixie mirage bs. I had hit it on my right side before but hit it on both sides yesterday. Played with Vince and Ryan today and had a lot of fun. The both make me laugh, and I think that is what I like best.
Adrienne Craver

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 21 Jun 2009 22:25

Keep yo head up,
I send good vibes.

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 25 Jun 2009 08:46

Thanks for the good vibes, Tom. They always help

I just found out I am moving into an apartment next Wednesday! I am super excited because we thought we are going to be on the third floor, but they were able to move us to a ground floor, pool side apartment.

What this means for footbag is that I can play in my living room or bedroom because there will be no one underneath me! But it is also sweet because I will be close to a covered spot where I can play outside for shade and rain. Plus there is a fitness room the no one uses so if I move some stuff around there might be room for just me to play.

Best of all, the pool has a diving board.

Haven't been able to play for the past couple of days, but hopefully I can play Sunday with Ryan.
Adrienne Craver

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 30 Jun 2009 09:24

Didn't get to play with Ryan and Vince on Sunday, but I played today. Wasn't too eventful of a session because there are a ton of people in my house so there were always people on the patio.

Vince felt that my strings are not longer because I don't bend my knees enough so I spent the session exaggerating the bend in my knees. It seemed to help.

Two main highlights: symp mirage bs, and 10 butterflies

We have friends from Australia staying with us for a month, so there are 13 people staying in my house right now. It is pretty intense but fun. The four year old girl follows me around everywhere, hence one of the reasons it was so hard to play today. Had to be careful not to kick her. The eight year old boy boy was excited about footbag and played with me the whole time. He did three toe stalls in a row, an inside stall, and switched it from his right to left foot a couple of times. It was super cute.
Adrienne Craver

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 06 Jul 2009 00:07

This weekend was the most fun I have had in awhile, which I really needed. Danny Greer and Jack Lentz have been trying to get me to go to this festival called the Great Blue Heron in New York for years and I was finally able to make it this year.

Because Jack and I volunteered for the event, we could go on Thursday to set up camp. After we were done, we spent the rest of the day in Niagara Falls which was AMAZING. I will prob post some pics later.

The festival started out kinda crappy because it rained and in turn the grounds became extremely muddy. It didn't dampen the fun, but I was afraid we weren't going to be able to play footbag because of it. Luckily, it cleared up.

Saturday morning I did yoga and it was the most peaceful experience. There were two drummers and a guitarist playing really relaxing music. Toward the end we were meditating and I chose to lie on my back. I looked up to see the sun and big white clouds for the first time that weekend. I spent the meditation time watching the clouds roll by and being moved by the music. It was a powerful yoga session and was a great way to start the weekend.

There was tons of music all weekend but I don't think I saw a single band on the main stage. The dance tent is where it was at. That's where I saw Rising Sun and the Gunpoets who just completely blew me away. They were awesome.
I spent much of the weekend in the dance tent country swing dancing, waltzing, zydeco dancing until the sun started to rise and square dancing until my feet hurt.

On top of all this, I played tons of footbag with Danny and Jack. We all played fairly well in general. Every time I see Danny he has always improved. I have come to realize that he is one of my favorite people to watch play. The crowed loved him as well.

Saturday was definitely my better day for footbag. We were able to play when that dance tent wasn't crowded, so we had a nice wood floor to play on, instead of the somewhat muddy ground. Highlights:
hitting bubba for the first time (left side)
smear>butterfly>ss butter>infinity (first time hitting smear in a run)
osis from a toe>far osis>to a few butterflies and pdx mirages
longer tiltless strings than usual (several over 10 contacts)

Sunday started off really bad. I have mentioned before that I don't get frustrated very often. Sunday happened to be one of those days where I did. And it was bad. There was a period of about 30 minutes where I couldn't even do a toe stall. I almost exploded but I held it together because we were playing with two new, really interested guys. I had to work to not let it overshadow the tons loads of fun that I had over the weekend because I was getting really angry. Though to my own credit (mainly just to make myself feel better) I had just finished square dancing for two hours straight. I eventually got over it and started playing decent, with a couple of tiltless runs over 10 contacts. Also, several random people called me the hacky sack queen, which always makes me smile and helped me get over it.

I volunteered in the Teen Tent where I mostly just played games, watched fire poi, and kicked with a bunch of kids The woman in charge of the tent asked if I would be willing to do a footbag/hacky sack workshop at the teen tent as my volunteer work. I was all about it and volunteered Danny as well. So hopefully that will work out for next year because it would be really fun.

My legs are already sore, and when I wake up they are going to be in some serious pain. But it is worth it for all the dancing and footbag I did this weekend :)
Adrienne Craver

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 06 Jul 2009 20:33

Maybe after the square dancing you just needed someone to call out every move for you :)

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 10 Jul 2009 13:40

Haha, maybe. I might be bad-ass at the request contest after square dancing.

Played at my apartment for the first time. I have three awesome spots here. I can play in my apartment in the winter because there is so much room. Then there is a carpeted tunnel that I can play in if I want shade or it's raining. The third is a brick area in between the pool and that tunnel that is surrounded by flowers. Amazing.

Played in the tunnel area today. Two main highlights:

A couple tiltless strings over 10 contacts
DATW on my flipside, which actually turned out to be easier than on my strong
Adrienne Craver

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 10 Jul 2009 16:40

cic bday jam