Dan Reed

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
fatbagger
Multidex Master

Dan Reed

Post by fatbagger » 11 Jul 2010 20:09

My consecutive record list.
Down ss: strong, 20 weak, 21
Infinity:51
Osis:48
Mirage: strong, 40 weak, 35
Switch:58
Pickup:54
Illusion: strong, 18 weak, 13
Inside stall alt.:121
Clip: strong, 50 weak, 42
Clip alt.:50
Smear: strong, 8 weak, 8
Open ss mirage:6
Magellan: strong, 7 weak, 4
Open switch:14
Ducking clip:18
Diving clip: strong, 6 weak, 6
Mixer: strong, 5 weak, 4
Spinning clip: strong, 6 weak, 2
Gyro clip:3
Ripwalk:4
Stepping ss clip: strong, 2 weak, 2
Drifter:3
Pdx whirl:3
Whirl: strong, 14 weak, 9
Whip: strong, 10 weak, 6
Blender:2
Dyno:2
Smp mirage: strong, 5 weak, 5
SS smp mirage:7

I am making this blog to share what's going on in RCS from my point of view on a weekly basis, but it's mainly going to be a way for me to post what I hit without filling the "new moves" section with my lame tricks.

Today we had a great session at the Seattle Center. Justin, Scott, Noah, Ricky, myself and others. Justin went all "Smooth Monster" on us, scott was ducking like a car surfer, Noah was twice as good as he was last week and Ricky is getting his string length up a little.
I hit; Drifter bsos, smog, pixie whirl a few times, pheonix, pixie blender and Smear>dlo>drifter. Lots of other cool strings today, I felt strong and light it was a good day for me.

Session #3 of my comeback. Stoked!
Last edited by fatbagger on 20 Aug 2012 15:01, edited 3 times in total.
I like to play.
I want to play good.
Dan Reed

fatbagger
Multidex Master

Post by fatbagger » 18 Jul 2010 23:08

Bite of Seattle, yay! Great session, drew in some big crowds. Justin is a monster as always. Noah is getting solid. Ricky is showing steady improvement and kind of went off with ducking, spinning and rakes. I had a decent sesh with some new links i was working on but nothing that really stands out.

But most importantly we had a alot of fun and paul never showed up!
I like to play.
I want to play good.
Dan Reed

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 19 Jul 2010 11:02

Last names would be great.

fatbagger
Multidex Master

Post by fatbagger » 19 Jul 2010 13:47

Last names
Justin Dale, Ricky Moran, Scott Behmer and Noah Wilson. And the person who didn't show is Paul James Burke.
I like to play.
I want to play good.
Dan Reed

fatbagger
Multidex Master

Post by fatbagger » 02 Aug 2010 18:03

No sunday session last week due to the US Open. This sunday we shreded it up at the seattle center with a good showing including Justin, Sam Potter, Ricky, Noah, Ryan(unsure of last name) and myself. It was Noahs first session with lavers and he hit numerous tiltless combos showing alot of progress. Ryan had alot of cool combos and was showcasing his mastery of flyers (buterflyer Knees are cool). Ricky was nailing his double spinning bolth sides effortlessly and doing lots of cosecutive ducking strings. I was able to incorperate some new links into my strings that I was happy with. Just started trying ripwalk and I'm not getting a high set at all but I hit it consistantly and after some advice that justin gave me I feel confident that I will have it by next week. I also hit spinning whirl for the second or third time since I started my comeback. Good session, laster 4 hours, tons of fun.
This week I'm schooling both sides stepping and spinning and thats it.
I like to play.
I want to play good.
Dan Reed

fatbagger
Multidex Master

Post by fatbagger » 09 Aug 2010 14:59

Sunday sesh was at Greenlake this week. Justin and Ricky did a footbag demonstation for a freestyle frisbee tournament that went well. Taylor from Alaska came down and kicked w/ us. In all we had people show for the sesh including Justin, Ricky, Scott, Ryan, Noah, Taylor and me. Justin and ricky were doin their thang. Scott was in and out, only playing a bit. Ryan was bustin his flyers. Noah is still showing lots of improvement including throwing down some solid osis. Taylor has incredible leg speed and hit some crazy tricks like, triple atw, triple over down, fusion, montage and others. I started out having a bad session but it came along.
I hit smear>pixie legover>smear>pixie legover, Smear>smp. mirage>dlo>drifter, Pheonix, spin whirl, pixie paradon, smp. whirling swirl, flip blender. fun session.

On another note my stepping training this week was a fail. I'm just gonna hit the basics hard this week.
I like to play.
I want to play good.
Dan Reed

fatbagger
Multidex Master

Post by fatbagger » 22 Aug 2010 20:38

Small sunday session, just Justin, Taylor and me. Ricky was there for a half hour or so also. Justin was bustin smp flurrys all over, Taylor was hitting his usual hard tricks and was pushing his sting length.
I had a good session after schooling all week. I hit diving whirl, spinning whirl, whirl bsos, smear>dlo bsos, drifter bsos, pheonix, flip blender, legbeater, 20 butterflys. good sesh lots of fun.
I like to play.
I want to play good.
Dan Reed

fatbagger
Multidex Master

Post by fatbagger » 30 Aug 2010 13:12

no footbag for me this week, I slightly injured my knee last wen. so I had to take it easy this weekend. It's healing well and I should be able to go next weekend. On another note, before I hurt my knee at work, I was schoolin my flip whirl ang it's getting stronger. I hit all on flip whirl>whirl>whirl, toe whirl and a few pdx whirls(never done them before) so my next session should be fun.
I like to play.
I want to play good.
Dan Reed

fatbagger
Multidex Master

Post by fatbagger » 06 Sep 2010 15:36

Just deleted my post on accident so here is the short version.
Rory Dawson came down from Alberta Ben Schmaltz came up from oregon. In all we had Justin, Ricky, Taylor, Sam, Scott, Ben, Rory, Ryan, Noah angd myself. Justin had a great session, Taylor hit your mom and atomic smp whirl, Sam had a phat string starting with 7 blurry whirls, Rory is super consistant and has a great style and everyone else did good as well.
I had no pain in my knee so I am glag that I took time off to heal. Good news for me(bad news for vasek and milan)jk.
I hit pheonix both sides numerous times, pixie whirl both sides, pheonix>pdx whirl>pdx mirage, smear>plo combo, smear>dlo>butter>pdx mirage repeat, fairy butter>pdx whirl, toe blur, gyro mirage and spining whirl. Pheonix is getting easy again, I'm stoked.
I like to play.
I want to play good.
Dan Reed

fatbagger
Multidex Master

Post by fatbagger » 20 Sep 2010 18:54

No sesh for me last week, I had family stuff to do. This week was a small but fun session at the front door of the Key Arena. Just Justin, Ricky, Noah and myself. Noah is sringing hs tricks better and he hit swirl. Justin was laying down some sick links. Ricky had a good session with some solid up front stuff. I was playing out of my pdx whirl alot better than I had been and had some really strong strings. good stuff
I like to play.
I want to play good.
Dan Reed

fatbagger
Multidex Master

Post by fatbagger » 20 Jul 2011 05:45

It's been almost a year since I posted in my footblog and since I'm on an injury free streak I think I'll start it back up. RCS is coming back strong, for abit it was just 2-3 people per session and now we are needing multiple circles. I'll probably just keep it to what was hit and progression.

I have just started getting really agressive with footbag. I now have 5 solo sessions a week and the RCS session weekly. I have never spent much time just learning kicks so I started 500 kicks a day(not much but it's something). I've been progressing alot lately so I am stoked+ my body is handling it well. I'm marking this as the time when I really started to push myself hard and am interested to see how fast I can get good.
Solo session7/21
swirl b2b on ss
swirl bsos
toe drifter>whirl both sides
dbl down swirl
toe ss whirling swirl(hit it on 8 consecutive attempts) on ss
ss down>whip>osis>whirl>pdx mirage>rpt
smear>ss down>whirl>osis>pdx mirage>rpt
Schooled;
paradon bs
toe drifter bs
mixer bs
swirl bs
torque bs
lots of different BOP drills
I like to play.
I want to play good.
Dan Reed

PoisonTaffy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by PoisonTaffy » 20 Jul 2011 06:23

You're extremely fortunate to have weekly sessions like that. Props on pixie blender!
"Childhood is short, immaturity is forever"

Roy Klein

Corey
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Corey » 20 Jul 2011 13:24

Videos please

fatbagger
Multidex Master

Post by fatbagger » 21 Jul 2011 04:29

So much for being on an injury free streak, KNEE, AGAIN :cry:
Playing on it won't cause further damage but it will hurt alot. Taking this solo session off but I am going to force myself to start them back up tommorrow. I WILL NOT LET THIS STOP ME.
@ poisontaffy, I am very fortunate. Justin does a very good job of keeping our weekly sessions going. And thanks for props.
@footbagger007, I don't have a camera.
I like to play.
I want to play good.
Dan Reed

fatbagger
Multidex Master

Post by fatbagger » 22 Jul 2011 05:03

Knee hurts still but I feel confident it's fine.
solo session 7/22 only 40 min, didn't want to push too hard.
ducking clipper>whirl>osis>far switch>rpt
open switch>whirl>osis>pdx mirage>rpt
ducking clip>ducking pdx mirage>rpt
smear>open switch>rpt
open switch>ss whirling swirl
torque>whirl strong side
legbeater>whirl strong side
legbeater flipside 4 times
spinning ducking osis
pdx mixer strong side
tomohawk bs
no single trick drills today.
I like to play.
I want to play good.
Dan Reed

fatbagger
Multidex Master

Post by fatbagger » 23 Jul 2011 04:55

Usually my day off from footbag but since I missed a day I had a short session anyway.
solo session7/23
open switch>ducking clip>whirl>osis>pdx mirage>rpt
ripwalkx3 a few times almost got 4
sidewalk bsos
smear>legbeater
schmoe bsos
pheonix bs
dimwalk>tomohawk
I hit strong side pheonix atleast 20 times, I was going for pheonix>tomohawk but kept hiting the bag with my calf. I did foot it a couple times though. oh well, another time.
I like to play.
I want to play good.
Dan Reed

fatbagger
Multidex Master

Post by fatbagger » 25 Jul 2011 00:36

Sunday session was at Alki Beach this week on a day without a single cloud in the sky. We had Chris Dean in town and he was rippin in up pretty damb hard. Also at the session were Justin Dale, Galen Gopal, Reilley Adamson, Scott Behmer and myself. It was an all around great session and everyone seemed to be on their game.
my highlights 7/24
smear>mixer>down>paradox mirage>rpt>string multiple times
smear>open switch>rpt
smear>mixer>open switch>smear>drop on mixer
open whirl>pdx mirage>open whirl
shut down>pdx whirl>blender
Pheonix>tomohawk 8)
spinning whirl
smp. whirl from toe multiple times
dbl down swirl
toe ss whirling swirl>short string
shut ducking down
I like to play.
I want to play good.
Dan Reed

fatbagger
Multidex Master

Post by fatbagger » 26 Jul 2011 06:37

Solo Session 7/26
lots of bop this session
whirl>pdx whirl>rpt
dbl down swirl
spinning mirage a few times
gryo mirage about 20 times
spinning ducking mirage
blurriest, 8) I hit it twice this session and they were my 2 cleanest ever, I struggle to get my stepping sets to waist height but I tried something a little different and got plenty of GOOD attempts in.
MOBIUS 3 TIMES :mrgreen:
Schooled,
swirl
whirl
ducking
mixer from clipper
I like to play.
I want to play good.
Dan Reed

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 26 Jul 2011 06:48

Good stuff. Props especially on phx-tom, and on the mobii. Challenge: gyro mirage to dod swirl.

fatbagger
Multidex Master

Post by fatbagger » 27 Jul 2011 04:39

Solo Session 7/27 short session
barfly bs
spinning whip
spinning whirl
swirl>spinning clip
swirl>gyro mirage
gyro mirage>dbl down
whirl>gyro mirage>paradon
MOBIUS 5 more times

Thanks for the props Ken. That challange is a little to hard right now but I'm going to school gyro mirage>dbl down so I should be able to get it eventually. I still haven't hit dbl down swirl out of anything but toe stall but I do hit it every session so that will come soon.
I like to play.
I want to play good.
Dan Reed