TMNT Have Nothing On This Shredder

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: TMNT Have Nothing On This Shredder

Post by C-Fan » 13 Jan 2015 21:52

Derek wrote:
-PANDEMONIUM (Didn't happen, till video)

Nice work, ya big toe.

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 14 Jan 2015 03:46

Pandemonium sounds awesome. I'd like you to try PS Eggbeater, it looks really good. :wink:

I haven't seen Jindra do too many Eggbeaters since the time I explained to him what Massacre is and how to do them. 8)
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Post by brianbear » 14 Jan 2015 11:05

you crazy mofo, symp eggs!? props.
how many symp illusions can you do in a row? you know what must be done ;) (symp illusions from all surfaces ss and op) then you can be a symp egg master like dave.
hope to see ya this saturday at the goldbergs.
brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 15 Jan 2015 15:29

Thanks, Ken! Love the picture.

It hurt so good. I'll have to try it when my body heals, ADD hunting is painful. But I will keep it in my head. Really? Seemed like most of his recent videos I have seen have had a lot of variations of Eggs. Maybe I will make Eggs mine 8O

Thanks for calling me out, Mr., or should I say, Dr. Bear. Foundation! That would be too awesome :twisted: Definitely seeing ya this weekend.

CCAC

Had to play today, and already had the intentions on filming. Groin is still killing me, so I couldn't go as toe heavy as I would have liked, Clippers though. Did get a 100 Tiltless String, too. 7-0 in my recent Chess bouts, only started 1 as white. Hopefully, going to change tonight.

You may want to mute the audio.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohLWRMZvFII[/youtube]

Trying to make Denmark set in stone.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 18 Jan 2015 00:19

Great Day

Stanford and Bay chillin'. Brian gave me a bunch of relic footbag stickers, and what he said is the best 8 panel in existence. My word. Squares, Shred, and Pizza with Alex, Steve, and Dustin. Strings of hot fire were being hit left and right. Had a string around 30 contacts that was half 4's. Clippers are getting on lock. No more Symp stuff for a while, groin is still bleh, and my toes are slippin'(Sorry Hogan). Blasphemy. Dustin guided me in the ways of Stepping. Pizza was bangin'! Got some good female chill time in, afterwards, which was unexpected.

Ohhh, the Stuff:
-flip Stepping ss Leg
-Stepping ss Mirage
-Blur BS
-Blizzard
-Ripwalk(Hardest of them all)
-Ducking P. Illusion BS
-Ducking P. DLO BS (SO close to BSOS)
-Atom Smashers were on point, Atomics in general
-Puck B2B >String

Ready to fuck some shit up.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 18 Jan 2015 03:15

Don't worry about Ripwalks. Some people are naturally good at them, others are naturally good at Blurs. (Although it's important to practice them anyway)
Glad to see your Stepping and Ducking are getting good.

That music ending. 8O

Vojta

krustykrakk
BSOS Beast

Post by krustykrakk » 18 Jan 2015 06:14

Sweet highlights, hombre. Gimme dat bacon!
Benjamin J. Babyak

I kick, therefore I am.

Did ya look at it?

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 19 Jan 2015 12:41

Hope to see you there in Denmark!

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 23 Jan 2015 21:29

Been seeing you post a lot in every blog, besides your own, Vojta. How's the footbag? Injured? Were you more natural at Blurs or Ripwalks? Samesies 8) ? Ya-yuh, thanks! I know, right?! Pretty good, I think I sound like that. HA.

You know who, Paul! THIS MO'FO.

I hit some shizz today, and after I hit it, yelled out, "BENNNNJAMINN". Much love, yo. Don't even like bacon that much, but NO!

Snappers! Might be meeting Dan, the dude, Boyle! Noice. I'm like 85% positive I'll be there, at this point 8O

What Are Mods?

Been playing quite a bit, and haven't been taking too long of breaks, so my body is kinda beat up. Solo sessions have been going for an hour and a half, forcing myself to stop is becoming harder and harder. But, FUDGE IT. Decided that I would like to save my modded pair of Laves for Worlds (If I go), which is pretty optimistic for me, cause I wreck shoes. So, played in my completely untouched new swanky grey Lavers. Did the lace mod that Johnny Bacon showed me (Thanks so much, though, you won't read this), opens up that toe fatty-fatty. Played really well, like, really well. Thought I was on the mod bandwagon, but maybe not. Nathan Pipenberg, "Fuck the haters!"

I Did:
-Tiltless to 50+ *3
-Symple ss Pickup >Symple op Pickup repeat >Symple ss Leg >Symple op Leg repeat (Benny B!)
-Ducking P. Mirage *4 BSOS (2 each side)
-Ducking P. Illusion BSOS
-Atomsmasher *4 to handcatch
-Atomic Leg >Atomic ss Leg repeat (Starting from both sides)
-Omelette B2B!
-DSO *4
-Pixie Gold
-Pixie muted Clipp >P. Illusion repeat *3
-Toe op Butter >P. Mirage repeat *5
-Pixie Tap BS
-Ducking op Clipp *8
-Blur BSOS
-Blizzard BS
-Most variety I've ever hit in a string, with denseness. 30+ contacts

Attempting to mimic Kemmer's stalls with Stepping has proven to be a HUGE success. If I can stay healthy, expect some big things.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 25 Jan 2015 10:02

Derek wrote:
I Did:
-Tiltless to 50+ *3
-Symple ss Pickup >Symple op Pickup repeat >Symple ss Leg >Symple op Leg repeat (Benny B!)
-Ducking P. Mirage *4 BSOS (2 each side)
-Ducking P. Illusion BSOS
-Atomsmasher *4 to handcatch
-Atomic Leg >Atomic ss Leg repeat (Starting from both sides)
-Omelette B2B!
-DSO *4
-Pixie Gold
-Pixie muted Clipp >P. Illusion repeat *3
-Toe op Butter >P. Mirage repeat *5
-Pixie Tap BS
-Ducking op Clipp *8
-Blur BSOS
-Blizzard BS
-Most variety I've ever hit in a string, with denseness. 30+ contacts

...Oh fawk.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Post by brianbear » 26 Jan 2015 00:37

those are sweet highlights! smashers for days, nice. and the steppings 8O

you know i don't really care about mods, only inside inner canvas removal cause its an easy mod haha.

we need to do another tahoe training camp haha.
i was just thinking about it today and that was a freakin blast.
symple fo days, but do basic tricks 4 ways. basic plant, double tap plant, muted, and symple. you know.
brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 26 Jan 2015 20:01

Tryin', Nick!

Bear: Thanks dude, Clippers are showing their faces. That may be the only mod I'm down with, but only if someone else does it Hah. DUDE, my folks were just asking if I was going to crash in Tahoe for a while again this year. So down. 'Twas a lovely start to a great year of shred. Basic Plant always seems to get neglected, should brush up on it. Thinking about making a visit this weekend, just gotta make sure the body is gravy.

Bloooooop.

Pretty warm here. Hit SO much GOOD stuff off camera. FUUUUDGE. Like, for cereal? Finally get the times three, but NO PROOF! Played for 2 hours, only filmed for the last 45.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLgMBR_LLXc[/youtube]

Failed the Kemm-dawg.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 27 Jan 2015 04:11

Dude. That was dope. The endless string of mixers and beaters in the beginning then you go and blow my expectations on your clipper game out of the water with bsos steppig set. Can't wait to party and shred with you again.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 27 Jan 2015 04:13

Good stuff. Nice to see that new shuffle. Do some Blizzards for me. :)

The second DSO was perfect, if you do them all like that, they'll call you Your Honor. Adjust the leg tension, DSOs are easier with a flexed (rigid) dexing leg for some people. (Maybe all people, but I want to stay politically correct) :wink:

Vojta

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 29 Jan 2015 20:26

Thanks, Mr. Cook, I greatly appreciate it! It shall happen, and hopefully soon.

First Clipper shuffle, ya-yuh. Let me work on Stepping a bit more, and I'll getcha some Blizzards! Dude, that was the most helpful tip for DSO, like, ever 8O How do you go about practicing DSO, just doing them?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cKyAxk8 ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

It was too nice, and I succumbed to my urges.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 30 Jan 2015 03:58

Pig > Atom is fucking nuts. :o

Well, DSO is not your everyday concept like Pixie, Ducking, Whirls etc. It's more in the category with Grifters, Fluxes, Diving, Fairy, just tricks you do every now and then. If that's true for you, I can give you a method of learning those special tricks. It's nothing miraculous, just a method that makes you practice them without making you bored.

Pick one for the day, so DSO for example. Now I'm sure you have many 4-6 contact drills that you do to further master the concepts you're already good at. Something like Smear > PLO repeat. So now you do DSO, then the drill, and end with another DSO. If you don't get the first one, just try again, if you do the drill but don't seal with DSO, just do that last DSO. Switch sides that begin the drill. So now you're doing DSO > Smear > PLO > Smear (flip) > PLO (flip) > DSO.

What I did with DSO, and Reaper for that matter, is I hopped to the side, almost like an Atomic set. The first DEX was almost exactly like Atomic, leg to the side, rigid, and the DEX was hippy (the bag goes under the thigh). Then you just do that easy leggy Orbit.
Reapers are hard, but I think you can do the same. The best advice I've heard on Reapers is to do the first DEX quickly. So I guess you can copy my advice on DSO and just replace Atomic with Nuclear and it should work. There's idealists in our game that say you should always set the bag up, never to the side. I guess this could work, but you'd have to hop to the side a lot and I don't know how Nuclear would even work in that theory. So as a wise old fast food chain once said, just have it your way. :wink:

Sorry for the long post. :oops:

Edit: First DSO was clean, but your calves did all the work. The rest of your body could've helped. Second I liked much more, you just need to polish those DEXes. Third looked cool as well, if you had a higher set you'd get it.
Last edited by Add Block on 30 Jan 2015 10:33, edited 1 time in total.

Vojta

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 30 Jan 2015 06:26

Loved all the Muted Magellan's and Symple tricks so stylish
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 30 Jan 2015 10:31

I didn't want to give you any wrong tips so I did some DSOs. I am injured, so I can only do them on one side. So, allow me to correct myself.

You can still hop to the side, but I wouldn't advise it. There's a better method.

Set the bag about waist high, lift your knee as fast as you can and over the bag, in a similar (but slower) way as Atomic set. Lift your leg high, giving you all the time in the world to complete the DEXes.
I was surprised how easy the trick became when I started lifting my knee a bit more. You can do the same with Reaper (and Pdx Eggbeater, but that's off topic). Also, I haven't tried this, but I have a feeling that if you do DSO like this, you can just bail to a butterfly to get Paradon. I'll try it when I heal up.
Magic hop is optional (if you're accurate and fast you won't need it). Excuse my poor form, I've been injured for a month now.

Vojta

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 30 Jan 2015 17:50

You sure know how to make a gal blush, Kyle.

No apologies necessary Vojta, thoroughly enjoyed the long posts and detail. Very into that style of drilling, definitely going to have to incorporate it. Especially if it'll help my Reapers!

DUDE, thank you so much for risking it whilst injured. Much more a visual learner! And that title :oops: Actually, totally get what you are saying with high knees, mainly cause the off topic reference to P. Egg. Gotta get them knees up to ya nipple-ish. My goodness, does make a lot of sense, Paradon 8O

Seriously dude, appreciate the fact you went so in-depth AND made a video.

Here is a Barrage( :twisted: ) of questions for ya, which should probably go in your blog, BUT:
Will you be at Worlds this year?
What caused the injury?
How serious is it, and when do you think you'll be back?
What is your DSO record?

You 'da bomb, you DEX meister.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield