AlekseyV footblog :P

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
AlekseyV
Shredalicious

Re: AlekseyV footblog :P

Post by AlekseyV » 07 Sep 2014 07:02

gyro whirl > pdx eggbeater [bs]
spinning pdx whirl > pdx eggbeater [bs]
blurry whirl > pdx eggbeater [bs]
stepping whirl > pdx eggbeater [bs]
reactor > pdx eggbeater [bs]
tapping whirl > pdx eggbeater [bs]
pixie whirl > pdx eggbeater [bs]
pixie ss whirl > pdx eggbeater [bs]
pdx eggbeater > pigbeater [bs]

AlekseyV
Shredalicious

Post by AlekseyV » 07 Sep 2014 21:50

first time in my life had a training before lessons
7.30 a.m

p.s i mean insoles in previous post, not soles, sorry.

drifter x13

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 08 Sep 2014 01:31

Reactor to Pdx Egg is cool link.

I once tried to play in the morning. Never again :D
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

AlekseyV
Shredalicious

Post by AlekseyV » 08 Sep 2014 05:14

Add Block wrote:Reactor to Pdx Egg is cool link.

I once tried to play in the morning. Never again :D
yea
its harder than i thought

upd:
had an evening session, nothing new, some things:
alpine legbeater [bs]
alpine smasher [bs]
matador [bs]
sumo [bs]
smasher x8

want to hit this drill
blurry whirl > whirr > pdx eggbeater > pixie dlo > pixie drifter [rpt]
need to work at components this month, also want to hit nuclear ss mirage > alpine legbeater on both sides.

I really don't know how it real to combine all of footbag sets / tricks. I still can't find time to learn dual dex tricks, quantum set and etc.

One more thing which make me sad is my age, i will 22 next monday, yeah, it's absolutely ok for footbag, but all of greatest players were super good in footbag at this age, it's time to be more serious, totally unreal to play 6 days per week. I know that we have a lot of strong players at 26-35, but..

Yes, i play for fun too, but i want to be better, much better than i am. Now this sport like a drugs for me. Hope that games like wow / who / dota and etc will burn in flame for ate my time in the past, it was big block in footbag for me, and i think same way for my injury. Hm, time to stop crying, now i play as much as i can.

brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Post by brianbear » 08 Sep 2014 20:50

Good highlights, all stuff I have never hit!

You have a lot of time, young one. I did not start playing until about 20, and will be 28 soon. It's nice to think of how much better I would be if I started when I was say 15, 16, 17... but it is useless. Just train hard as often as possible, this is all we can do. Stay focused :)
brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

AlekseyV
Shredalicious

Post by AlekseyV » 09 Sep 2014 09:45

brianbear wrote:Good highlights, all stuff I have never hit!

You have a lot of time, young one. I did not start playing until about 20, and will be 28 soon. It's nice to think of how much better I would be if I started when I was say 15, 16, 17... but it is useless. Just train hard as often as possible, this is all we can do. Stay focused :)
Actually i don't have a lot of time, maybe just this month, but it's true, i train as often as it possible now. well said! :wink:

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 09 Sep 2014 21:28

Nice highlights man. All cool stuff. Yeah, I agree with Brian. You don't need to worry about your age. 20 is a fine age for being at your level. You've got plenty of time to get really good. Don't rush it. I tried to rush it and I got temporarily injured. Bad idea to rush. Take it as it comes, enjoy the journey, savor every link/trick you hit. Have fun :)
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

AlekseyV
Shredalicious

Post by AlekseyV » 10 Sep 2014 01:09

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote:Nice highlights man. All cool stuff. Yeah, I agree with Brian. You don't need to worry about your age. 20 is a fine age for being at your level. You've got plenty of time to get really good. Don't rush it. I tried to rush it and I got temporarily injured. Bad idea to rush. Take it as it comes, enjoy the journey, savor every link/trick you hit. Have fun :)
Thanks Nick :)

Actually 22* :D

I feel the same, i remember your posts about your injure, i was injured in 2012 when i tried to rush (i bought my first footbag at the end of 2008 and start to play in 2009, but 2012 was such an effective), it was my third year (i mean 2012) of footbag and footbag was like a drugs for me in those days as it now, but now i spend a much more time for warm-up, for basic components and etc, i think about 40 mins for this, some kicks, clippers, and other things.

AlekseyV
Shredalicious

Post by AlekseyV » 11 Sep 2014 09:29

AlekseyV
Shredalicious

Post by AlekseyV » 11 Sep 2014 21:37

i need to work at my weight, in plans i want to decrease my weight for 1kg per month, so i will -4 kg for New Year.
Now my weight is about 85-86

about previous vid, first time i've hit sumo bsos, same about other tricks like salining but or symp quantum lo > miraging ilisuion? (maybe i'm wrong at trick names), also hit blurry dada curve, 2 times pdx dlo > pixie dlo > short run (flip side!). My favourite was tapping whirl > blender bsos, i like it, not so hard and looks stylish in my opinion :D

Lazy-Bonez
Multidex Master

Post by Lazy-Bonez » 11 Sep 2014 23:08

Seems like you've improved your eggbeaters a lot since our last session. I like it :)
Nikita Aleksandrov

AlekseyV
Shredalicious

Post by AlekseyV » 30 Sep 2014 19:13

Hi guys
did not play since 12 september, ah no, i had the only one 20 min session few days ago.
I don't play cuz of bump of any probmlems. but i will. I don't know when it happens, but happens

peace

AlekseyV
Shredalicious

Post by AlekseyV » 11 Jan 2015 05:19

I've played with Nikita today in his home, i played this month a bit more than previous months.
Today i hit grifter and blurriest in my runs, did sumo > ss dlo bs, duck. clipper 72 (not my record, my record was 99 and i hit it 3 years ago, i still did not beat my record, was such a silly drop on 72's). Also i did spikehammer bsos, never did it since 2012 too, cuz i have some problems with my step, ducking after injure, but today i fell some fresh power in my legs, hell yeah it was a really good session :D
And one more highlight > atomshasher x11, last record was 10, so i beat it today.

Few words about cristmas calendar, for me this is the thing which motivate me to play every year. I'am glad to see Penske still playing again, not playing, PLAYING HARD. Huge level! Was really happy to see videos with David, had some fun to watch plasticman drill, Evan drills and etc. Sad that something going with video quality, but it doesn't matter. Main surprise for me was Brian's vid, it was really amazing, i still remember his drills, his torques.. (omfg, this torques was after spin duck. drills and looks like (oh, fuck this duckings, let's do some toques, and., AND HI DID 12?!111OMG, it seems TOO EZ for him, i know that it was not easy, but seems easy). Unfortunately we did not see Joule Jupe v.4. One more video i loved is Nick Landes video, for me the best was repeat nuclear ss no plant whirl (don't know how it called) > whirr

And few days ago i watched NYJ final circles vid and it was imressive, i love first links of Nathan strigs, its always unusual and interesting things like matador swirl or symp sumo. Unfortunatley i didn't see any cirles with Johnny (i heard that he was in semi cirles, or he was not?), but i know that Ryan Morris will upload it later. My things about videos was finished :D

I hit some trick but i don't know its name, seems like dlo, but second dex not legover, second dex is pickup? Miraging pickup?
Wanna to improve (at first to learn) pdx grifter on fleep side, and hit pdx drifter > pdx miraging pickup? I think it will cool, and i think that i'll hit it this spring.

P.S my plans about my weight did not worked, not i'am about 90 :D

krustykrakk
BSOS Beast

Post by krustykrakk » 11 Jan 2015 06:49

Johnny made it to finals but scratched due to cramping in both of his legs. Matt Kemmer was asked to fill his spot but turned it down.

edit: I think miraging pickup is called legeater. Ive seen Ryan Morris and Nate Pipebomb hit it a few times.
Benjamin J. Babyak

I kick, therefore I am.

Did ya look at it?

AlekseyV
Shredalicious

Post by AlekseyV » 11 Jan 2015 07:10

krustykrakk wrote:Johnny made it to finals but scratched due to cramping in both of his legs. Matt Kemmer was asked to fill his spot but turned it down.

edit: I think miraging pickup is called legeater. Ive seen Ryan Morris and Nate Pipebomb hit it a few times.
thanks for the information

i mean this one,
(if code doesn't work - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRd78fam ... e=youtu.be)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRd78fam ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 11 Jan 2015 08:56

Miraging Pickup is indeed Legeater. If I remember correctly, Aleksi has hit Pdx Legeater in World's Final Circle. Great move.

I'm not sure I like that Pickup in your video, but I guess it's alright. It looks too 'Rakey' and not enough 'Dexy' to me..... I don't know what I'm talking about. :D

Vojta

AlekseyV
Shredalicious

Post by AlekseyV » 11 Jan 2015 09:29

Add Block wrote:Miraging Pickup is indeed Legeater. If I remember correctly, Aleksi has hit Pdx Legeater in World's Final Circle. Great move.

I'm not sure I like that Pickup in your video, but I guess it's alright. It looks too 'Rakey' and not enough 'Dexy' to me..... I don't know what I'm talking about. :D
Thanks, i agree with your thoughts about dex, i just did it for this topic, really i didn't think about cleanness, i think that i can do it better in gym, actually it was hit just 3 times by me :D

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 11 Jan 2015 10:22

I'd like to see someone utilize them. I worked on them for a while, got Pixie, Pdx and Blurry, but I couldn't hit it on flipside at all. So, after several hours of trying, I gave up, or postponed them, I don't know.

If you can get them on flipside, they're definitely worth your time. 8)

Vojta

AlekseyV
Shredalicious

Post by AlekseyV » 11 Jan 2015 10:32

Add Block wrote:I'd like to see someone utilize them. I worked on them for a while, got Pixie, Pdx and Blurry, but I couldn't hit it on flipside at all. So, after several hours of trying, I gave up, or postponed them, I don't know.

If you can get them on flipside, they're definitely worth your time. 8)
i'll try it on the street when the snow comes down (i think in April, hello Russia), from my point of view i need to finally imrove double legovers before trying to do this, and i need to learn double pickups, to increase my speed of pickup dex. To be correct, at first i need to learn other standart sets/tricks before any of unusual like legeater :D

AlekseyV
Shredalicious

Post by AlekseyV » 14 Jan 2015 09:04

i just spent 30 mins writing about my fav. players and videos, i wrote a lot about DC and JM and refreshed the page and did no post. Wanna kill myself. So.. if it happens, I have "footbag public" in russian social network like facebook, public with 350 footbag videos. Here is the link - http://vk.com/who_is_jorden_moir, but you guys need to registr here. Here is my page - http://vk.com/vsemwhirl . Add me if want