Bobby G's footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Add Block
BSOS Beast

Re: Bobby G's footblog

Post by Add Block » 04 Mar 2015 10:36

How do you just have Matlab? Isn't that really expensive? I had to always go to my faculty on their computers to use it, until I gave up and learned Fortran instead. :D
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

bobgreen
Multidex Master

Post by bobgreen » 04 Mar 2015 11:11

I was just playing around with those simple expressions, but I am a long time daily user of Matlab. I don’t regularly see the license fees, but I don’t think the base license is too bad. Some of the add ons can get quite expensive though. In my work for example, we use the stats toolbox, matlab compiler, and coder. The latter, especially, I understand to be very expensive.

bobgreen
Multidex Master

Post by bobgreen » 11 Mar 2015 18:21

It would be a stretch to say it is feeling like spring, but it certainly isn’t feeling quite as much like winter the last few days. The snow has begun to melt down, and we’ve even had weather up around 50F. I wonder how soon the first outdoor shred will come….I’m certainly looking forward to it!

PSU Jampionships is coming up next month, and I’m looking forward to that. Reading up on folks heading out to Vegas Jam makes me envious and wish that I could go. I am optimistic that I’ll be able to go to US Open this year. I'm not totally certain where I’ll be living at that time (MA or CA), but I do know that I’ll be in Pocatello, Idaho starting the weekend before. In addition to the national meetings that I think Cass is attending soon, the American Chemical Society have regional meetings as well. Turns out my former advisor is chairing a session, and he’s invited me to come give a talk in it. Should be a good opportunity to catch up with him and to visit friends and family in the area. The conference will finish up I believe the Thursday prior to US Open, so it would seem a shame not to get myself out there. Kristin and I both have very close ties to Portland anyway, so it will be a great trip in general for all of us.

Back to Vegas. I can’t make it this year, but back in ’99 when I could throw a football over them mountains, I did make it. Newer players may not realize it, but there were Jams in Vegas before there was even a scene in Vegas. The year I went, the “Heart of Vegas Jam” was organized remotely by Daryl Genz.

http://www.footbag.org/events/show/913596608

I was living in Pocatello, Idaho at that time and had a shred partner named Steve Howland who lived in Idaho Falls. Steve was the first person I met who seriously trained for footbag, and was an awesome first mentor. He was very good for the era and could put together 5+ contact fearless links and even could hit a 6 or two. Steve and I took a road trip overnight from Idaho to Vegas, and stayed across the street from the Stratosphere Hotel which was basically the unofficial host hotel.

This was my second official event, the first having been the Texas State event I previously blogged about that had occurred 4 months or so earlier. Some of the Texas crew who I had met were actually at the Vegas Jam, and there were also a ton of other people that I met for the first time there (including Adrian Dick and Stuart McFerson who made it all of the way out from New Zealand). In all, there were something like 30 shredders there.

Picture below was taken on February 20, 1999 on the “Big Shot” ride atop of the Stratosphere. Hopefully none of those pictured are upset for me posting this, but shown l-r are Derric Scalf, Bob Green, Eric Windsor, and Sunil Jani.

Last edited by bobgreen on 12 Mar 2015 03:27, edited 1 time in total.

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 11 Mar 2015 23:37

That's Awesome Bob! Thanks for sharing
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 12 Mar 2015 01:51

Cool!! Look forward to kickin' it with you at PSU and USO!

Was bummed to hear about your house problems. Hopefully the insurance/repair business is working itself out.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 13 Mar 2015 05:24

I was just going to ask for a story from the old days - and here it is! Cool photo!

bobgreen
Multidex Master

Post by bobgreen » 17 Mar 2015 18:37

Glad a few folks enjoyed the Vegas post. Sounds like this year’s Vegas Jam was great fun…. I hope to be reading some stories from other Modifiers about it soon. I feel like kind of a goof sometimes telling these ‘olden days’ stories from so long ago, but they are fun to remember and a few of you like it so I will probably continue that from time to time.

Today was kind of a shitty day, but I shan’t discuss the details. Chalk it up to the skull behind the smiley face that we all try to hide away.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXJt0C2sDU0[/youtube]

Unrelated to the above, things with the house situation are *kind of* moving. The insurance company has reviewed our claim and sent a check for a good bit of money, but have not provided their report on what the various damages should/will cost to repair. Just a large check in the mail that showed up with no indication of how they came to that number, which is a bit disconcerting. I have now received the first bills from the plumbers and the outfit that came in with fans and dehumidifiers, and that comes to something between 5-6K. The early repair estimates coming in are quite large as well, so I’m anxious to see the insurance company’s estimate of how much all of this shit should cost. I’m nervous that even though that check is fairly large that the repairs will be more, so I definitely want to get more detail on their damage assessment. Being an adult is over rated sometimes I think.

To not have a total downer of a post, I will mention that Kevin and I celebrated our one year shred manniversary this past week! When I brought it up to Kevin during our Sunday shred, he joked that he should have shown up drunk. The inside joke there is that prior to our first session he had a work thing with his boss and showed up for our inaugural shred about 3 beers in. I countered by letting him know that the actual date was the prior Thursday which corresponded to a last minute session we tried to organize wherein Kevin got half way to my town before realizing he’d forgotten his Lavers. Fitting.

Anyway, Sunday session was great. Both of us played pretty solid. Kevin did gyro DLO > dimwalk rpt as a new drill, and a lot of other stuff that I’m not remembering at the moment. He also hit merkon > pardon >rpt on my request. I hit merkon on one side for the first time, and came somewhat close on the flip. I felt like I was spinning and whipping my leg around erratically for the legover, so I renamed it as “rodeo”. Kevin said it looked a lot better than it must have felt to me. I was also working pixie a bit more including midstring smear bsos, and other good stuff like a handful of PLOs, pixie clippers, pixie butterflies, and pixie osis on each side (all mid string).

Aubrey (my step daughter) had come along to Beverly with me and went to look at new cars while Kevin and I kicked. After the session, the three of us grabbed burgers and beers at a local dive bar, which was pretty good too.

Low key drill session at home last night as I was pretty sore from the Sunday session. Had to fly out of town for work tonight and will fly home tomorrow, so I’m having a 2 day break from shred. I’ve still been maintaining more than 4 days playing per week though, so I’m on track as far as my 2015 playing goals.

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 19 Mar 2015 12:42

good post. we've had a good string of sessions and even the off days theres still a few things we both hit that we should be proud of.

loved that picture in the last post, glad to see you were still doing it bigger then vegas jam WHILE AT vegas jam. I bet they didn't have clam chowder that year either :D
Kevin Hogan

BSC

bobgreen
Multidex Master

Post by bobgreen » 21 Mar 2015 15:27

This week I only managed to play Monday night, and didn’t play again until today. That is the first time I’ve had 4 consecutive days off since I was sick in December. I am healthy now, but between work commitments and other commitments (dealing with contractors, insurance, etc.), footbag wasn't in the cards Tuesday through Friday.

Today was the weekly session with Hogan. When I woke up this morning I was nearly 39 years old. I did the normal things that people my age do like starting the day with a little coffee, taking my kid out for a Saturday morning snack, and a little catch up on work e-mail. Around 11:30, Kevin came by for shred. After dealing with Kevin’s wardrobe malfunction, we got down to the business of shred. Within about 10 minutes of starting, I reverted in age to somewhere right around 25 years old.

I had a really, really good session today:
  • several easier tiltless strings during warmup > 20 contacts
  • maybe 15-20 contact tiltless string with infinity bs, same butterfly > pdx mirage bs, osis bs, and ducking clipper bs
  • whirl > ducking clipper > whirl > ducking clipper
  • flip bubba style illusion (embarrassing, but this was a new trick for me…probably the last common tiltless trick I had yet to hit before today. BSOSed it)
  • DLO BS (flip was new!)
  • mid string drifters BS
  • clipper set barrage BS
  • spinning osis BS
  • ripwalk 3-4 times
  • pixie whirl (new trick!) 8O 8O 8O
  • pixie muted same rake (new trick!)
Anyway, I felt 25 because people pushing 40 do not hit four new tricks in a single session, let alone stuff like pixie whirl. Now my muscles have tightened, my ankles are sore, it hurts to walk, and I have advanced in age to about 45 or 50. But it is so worth it!!! I fucking love footbag. :)

Time to stretch out again. I haven't made time to ever take a yoga lesson, but I am very interested in it. Oh time, I wish I had more of you.

Hogan was also in fine form and put in a lot of good work with some very nice, dense drills. He is really leveling up lately, and it is fun to be along for the ride.

We are both stoked for JAMPS, and plan to get in at least weekly sessions until then.

bobgreen
Multidex Master

Post by bobgreen » 23 Mar 2015 18:14

Was extremely sore on Sunday after that great Saturday session I talked about in that last entry. I guess I got a little cheesy in my writeup, but I was pretty excited. Anyway on Sunday I didn't even want to play I was so sore, but I finally managed to drag myself downstairs for a kick. Warmed up very slowly doing a bunch of kicking to start breaking in some new Marco bags that I got in a trade with him. After that I just did a few easier tiltless drills to 16-20 contacts and then called it a day.

This morning I woke up much less stiff than yesterday. An extra day of rest certainly helps a ton, but I think the fact that I had a lite session yesterday actually helped limber everything up. Unexpectedly got home by 7 from work, so I had another short session this evening.

Got contacted by two separate sets of former co-workers today; both groups looking to get together for beers. Both parties involved know each other because I worked with them at the same job. We are all pretty good friends, so I just connected the groups and hopefully we will get together next week for beers. Should be good as I haven't seen a bunch of those folks in months.

bobgreen
Multidex Master

Post by bobgreen » 02 Apr 2015 04:23

I survived March! For the last 2-3 weeks I’ve been working on the order of 70 hours per week, not including my ~15 hours per week of commute time. A few days I literally left home by 6:30 in the morning and did not get home until midnight. The madness was a storm of implementing a major software change at the same time we were manufacturing/testing units to meet end of quarter shipments (e.g. revenue goals/requirements). The whole team was working pretty feverishly though, so as stressful as it is it is, getting through something like that really gels working relationships.

I have managed to continue to play every Saturday/Sunday and at least one day during the week. Kevin and I had a session on Monday. I was kind of low on energy and not hitting as difficult of stuff as I have been lately, but I did manage the following new tricks:
-whirling rake (bs)
-spinning rake (left clipper set only)

The same day I hit that, Jindra posted video of his “carousel” invention (gyro stepping ducking paradox symposium whirling rake). I guess my little rake tricks pale in comparison to those of the world champion, but I’m still pretty happy with them.

Tonight is the night I am meeting up with the coworkers I mentioned in the last post. That should be a pretty good time.

bobgreen
Multidex Master

Post by bobgreen » 04 Apr 2015 09:20

My boss had me take a personal day on Friday, which was really needed to start catching up on stuff at home I've been slacking on the last few weeks. So that was good, but it was also awesome that it was over 60 degrees outside allowing for the First Outdoor Session of 2015.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz2ThbFo ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 04 Apr 2015 19:46

Great Vid! Good strings --- I especially like the squeeze-to-clipper at the end of the first string --- kind of like a drifter... cool stuff. Lovin' the music selection too... "Bad, bad, Leroy Brown, Baddest Man in the Whole Darn Town..." + Charlie Daniels Band's classic "Devil Went Down to Georgia" and TMBG - Istanbul was Constantstinople...

Its tempting to roll up to Boston just to get a kick with you.

What do you mean that your boss made you take a personal day? Where you having some kind of nervous breakdown? Did you scream at your co-workers? What's the story there?
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP

bobgreen
Multidex Master

Post by bobgreen » 05 Apr 2015 05:43

Hey Jon, you should roll up to Boston just to kick with us! If you like eclectic playlists, I’m sure we could come up with something. If you are a CW McCall fan from your time in Colorado, we could even shred to “Convoy” or “Wolf Creek Pass”.

The day off story isn’t so exciting, but it almost was. The last few weeks were ‘all hands on deck’ to make our manufacturing commitments, and a few of us who had been around at all hours for a while were told we could take Friday off if we wished to. That said I did ALMOST yell at a co-worker across the room last week. There is one of these rubber chickens floating around the office that gets squeaked periodically.

Normally I don’t notice it that much, or when I do notice it I’m not bothered by it. Last week when I was sleep-deprived and feeling tense about deadlines, someone squeaked it and I so badly wanted to just yell out, “STOP IT!”. But I didn’t.

Oh, and I’m glad you thought the far clipper out of squeeze looked good. I’m trying to learn some new stuff out of squeeze, and so far the best I’ve got are far clipper and near rake. I expect to learn torque this year, and with that I hope to be able to hit far osis out of squeeze.

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 05 Apr 2015 16:15

bobby green stylin as can be,
looks kinda like that guy from happy days,
know what I mean?
hitting rakes and pixie osis
I got that psychosis
cuz his style makes me spew bits
wait thats the rest of boston crew
every tournie at least one will spew
at P S U, I put my money on the sandwhich
by the name of kevin james hogan

bobgreen
Multidex Master

Re: Bobby G's footblog - JAMPS sizzle my nizzle!

Post by bobgreen » 13 Apr 2015 17:45

Thanks for the awesome rap, Boats!

The 5 days leading up to JAMPS I had a lot of adulting to do (work and paperwork necessary to get cash flowing for the home repairs) which conspired against footbag, so I did not get the last couple of sessions in that I might have liked to. I took that in stride, knowing that it meant my legs should be more fresh for the event.

Kevin and I each took Friday afternoon off so we could get an early start and arrive in State College at a reasonable time. I stayed home Friday morning and worked on and off while also doing laundry and packing two suitcases….one for JAMPS, and a separate bag of work clothes for a 4 day work trip I would have to fly out for on Monday afternoon. Around noon, I left my house for a final set of errands: Post Office to mail that house paperwork, Gas for the trip, and Panera takeout for Hogan and I to eat on the way. Kevin arrived just after 12:30, and we were on the road right about 1:00 which was great.

Road trip was fun and mostly uneventful. Listened to a little music, and bullshitted quite a bit. We didn’t listen to any Ice Cube or NWA as we had on the way to NYFA Jam, but I had recently ‘discovered’ Brother Ali, so we jammed to that for a while. I realize I’m late to the party on Brother Ali….if you are too, my recommendations are “Shadows on the Sun” and “Forrest Whitaker”. We hit some traffic here and there and had to stop once or twice for piss breaks, food, and gas, but we still made it in about 8 hours. We made our way to Rec Hall where a lot of folks were already sessioning, but I opted not to kick because the session would not last too much longer and I wanted to have fresh legs for Saturday and Sunday.

After the session finished up, everyone made their way to the Pita Pit for some victuals. Victuals is a word that is underused in my opinion, so if you learn one thing from reading this writeup it is that you should start using ‘victuals’ in your vernacular. Ivan works at Pita Pit and was able to hook everyone up with a steep discount so we got these massive pita burritos (for lack of a better description) for like 4 or 5 bucks. Sweet! After that, we ended up at Shredhaus to socialize with folks. I’m not sure what time we arrived there, but at some point April came by and asked if I was tired. I said not really, but that I’d be happy to go whenever everyone else wanted to. Ianek came by a few minutes later also asking whether I was tired and mentioned it was 2:00 am. Holy shit, 2:00 am! I had no idea that it had gotten that late. Not too long after we took off to get some ZZZZs.

The next morning I woke up to the delightful smell of quiche baking. April and Ben totally rocked it as hosts, and I am stoked I got to stay with them and get to know them a little better. Ianek and Chrissy were the other house guests, so it was great hanging out with them too. After grubbing on a delicious breakfast, we headed toward the shred site with just a couple of detours at starbucks and a local grocery store.

The weather Saturday was right at that temperature where it was kind of hard to call whether it made more sense to play inside or outside. It was about 50 degrees which felt pretty good for the most part, but got a bit chilly when the wind would pick up. It was sunny though, and the cool weather made it deceptive so I got a little bit sunburned on Saturday. I was not the only one. :evil:

I had a little bit of a headache Saturday. It felt kind of like a dehydration headache, so I kept trying to pound water but it persisted most of the day. That’s okay, it was still great visiting with people, participating in mirage race and request contest, and just kicking in general. At some point the crew staying at Aiden’s house decided to head there and chill out for a while before meeting up with folks for dinner. I knew I was pretty much done kicking for the day, so I asked to tag along. We walked over there, and one by one they were heading up to shower. Showering hadn’t occurred to me prior to arriving there and once I saw everyone else start to come out clean and shiny I started to feel kind of gross. I ended up bailing out fairly quickly and met up with April who helped me find where folks were meeting for food. Got a burger at 5 guys and then made it back to Ben and April’s house where I caught a shower and finished writing an abstract for a talk I will give this summer. Nice!

At some point we made our way over to Shredhaus for the Saturday evening festivities that for me mostly consisted of storytelling/hearing, drinking, a massage from Nick Landes, and laughing. Hogan spilled a drink on himself at some stage and rocked Homer Simpson PJ bottoms the rest of the evening. I didn’t know it until that very moment, but I need Homer Simpson PJs in my life. My wife says I’m difficult to buy gifts for, so I need to clue her in on that. I didn’t mean to, but I missed Nick Polini’s comedy show. Hopefully I get another chance to see him perform at the next event. I think around 1:30 AM, Jon Schneider gave us a ride back to April and Ben’s place.

The next morning I woke up before most folks and just laid quietly in bed and read news and such from my phone. At some point I looked around the room and saw that at least 3 of us were awake, but no one spoke at all. I thought it was kind of cool that everyone was trying to be respectful of those who were still sleeping. After everyone was up we had a cup o’ joe there in the apartment, and then headed to grab breakfast. The first place we tried had a 20 minute wait and it was already 11:45 or something, so we popped over to the place Ben works ordered some breakfast to go and then proceeded to the shred site.

I was feeling a lot better on Sunday (no headache), so I played quite a bit more and got to shred at some point in the weekend with most people. Still missed playing with Dan, Khoa, and Jon, but at least I got to chat with all of them throughout the weekend. It sounds like Jon will come to Boston in May, so I’ll get to shred with him then! I wasn’t particularly pleased with how I played as I wasn’t doing as well as I had the prior month or so, but I tried not get bent out of shape about it. That usually just results in playing more poorly anyway.

One of the highlights on Sunday for me were the workshops. I participated in drifter, whirl, and torque workshops. I think the drifter one really helped out my flip drifter (thanks Nick, if you are reading!). I actually BSOSed it a couple of times during the workshop. The whirl one was pretty good too. I felt more comfortable hitting back to back whirls than I had before, and I footed paradox whirl a couple of times. I’ve only hit pdx whirl once several months ago (I rarely try it), but I think with practice I can start hitting it more frequently this summer. After Nick did the torque workshop, Ianek was kind enough to spend some time one on one with me to work on it some more. Footbag highlight of the weekend for me is that I hit my first ever torque! It took many, many tries, but I now know it is possible. I’m a little giddy that I hit torque, so that alone is worth not having played as well as I had hoped.

Around 4:30 Kevin and I each started making rounds and hugging it out with folks. Got on the road just a bit after 5:00, and made pretty good time. At some stage we hit this section of road where construction was going on and the road was only 1 lane but the speed limit was still double nickel. The douchebag in front of us would not go above 40 though, despite the fact that every mile or so there would be a sign that said 55. Finally after like the 3rd sign we drove by that said that, I got pissed and tailgated a little bit (e.g. a lot). That finally got them going to about 45, and as soon as the road opened up I zipped around them. Apparently they weren’t fans of the Bobby G driving school, as they gave me their brights after I went by.

One of the conversations on the way home was about fucked up family members. Kevin shared a story of his own and asked if I have any crazy family stories. I don’t normally open up about shit like that but for whatever reason, I kind of got going and really let loose some of my own family issues. Kevin texted me about his session today, so I guess that’s a good sign that I didn’t scare him off.

Got back to my place about 1:00 am. Aubrey heard us come in, so she came downstairs and the three of us bullshitted for a while. After that, Hogan made his way home and I went to bed around 2. Got up at about 7:00, transferred the footbag shoes from the weekend suitcase to the work clothes suitcase and headed to work for half a day before flying out this afternoon. Looks like the weather will be good in Ohio this week, so I’m looking forward to more outdoor sessions.

If any of the PSUers made it this far in my write up, THANK YOU for hosting an awesome event. You did a great job with the footbag/event logistics, and welcomed us opened armed (literally) into your homes. You guys are all awesome!!!

Also, sorry for not having photos in this writeup. I guess I was slacking on that this weekend. If anyone has a copy of the group photo though, I'd love to have one!

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 13 Apr 2015 21:10

Write-ups get handled fast these days, snap. Pleasant read. If you are new to Brother Ali, do you know Grouch and/or Eligh? Rhymesayers in general is pretty good label, as is MelloMusicGroup, if you are interested. 'Twas rad to see some Pixie Symple Legovers from ya, shred is getting wicked.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 14 Apr 2015 08:03

Great write up man. sounds like the Jam was a major success. I just hit torque clean for the first time a few weeks ago, that trick just feels so good, props.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

bobgreen
Multidex Master

Post by bobgreen » 29 Apr 2015 06:16

Thanks Derek. The only reason I got through the writeup so fast is that I had a work trip on the day after JAMPS, and I figured banging that out on the flight was a better use of time than staring out at the clouds. Hogan introduced me to Grouch, but I haven’t listened to him much yet. Not familiar with Eligh, so I’ll have to check that out.

Kyle, I’ve seen some of your recent videos and your game is looking great….you must be getting pretty comfortable with torque to hit it out of ripwalk BSOS.

The last couple of weeks have been super busy at work and at home, which has resulted in footbag being a little bit “meh”.

Our home repairs from the burst pipe in February are scheduled to start on May 4th. The insurance company already cut a check to cover the repairs, but it lists our mortgage company as a payee which means we had to sign the check over to them and they are administering disbursement of funds. That means I "have the opportunity" to spend a lot of time each week making phone calls and faxing paperwork in to the mortgage company’s loss processing center to get cash flowing. Don’t get me on the soap box of how ridiculous it seems to me that I have to find a fax machine to get them paperwork instead of just e-mailing a .pdf somewhere. WTF is with businesses not accepting pdf files via e-mail? This entire process is slow, and likely I will not have the first disbursement until a week after the work starts which means I may have to pay the contractor out of pocket to get the work started and then reimburse myself later on (which will actually create yet more paperwork).

Aside from the damage to the home, we have contents that need to be replaced (bed, electronics, etc.). Been going back and forth for a month with the adjustor who claimed his office is supposed to help with that, but who will also not respond to my inquiries for the last two weeks. Two nights ago, I sent an e-mail summarizing my attempts at contacting them to figure out how to move forward and I also copied in the insurance company (adjuster is a contractor they hired) along with my local insurance agent. That seems to have had the intended effect as I got a response from the insurance company who said they will be in touch with me today.

I guess the point of my little pity party here is that all of this is affecting my energy level by the time I do have time to kick in the evening and I’m not motivated go as hard as I had been even a month ago. Just going for long easier strings has been a very nice way to break the stress in the evenings though, and as I said I’m still playing regularly so hopefully I’m still getting better even though I don’t feel like I’m ‘training’ very hard right now. Better step my game up soon so Hogan doesn't get tired of kicking with me.

Last night I hit ducking clipper > pickup > same legover > near rake BS. Obviously not a mind blowing combo, but I think it is kind of stylie and it represented one of the session highlights for me.

Looking forward to a group shred this weekend.

TL; DR. Sometimes being an adult sucks. Thank goodness for footbag.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 29 Apr 2015 06:28

Sorry to hear about the headaches with insurance. As a new homeowner, that's definitely scary stuff for me to read.
bobgreen wrote: The last couple of weeks have been super busy at work and at home, which has resulted in footbag being a little bit “meh”.
...all of this is affecting my energy level by the time I do have time to kick in the evening and I’m not motivated go as hard as I had been even a month ago. .
I empathize. It's weird how footbag can be the best release valve for stress from work, but at the same time the stress from work affects your energy while playing. The way I think about it, is that even if work/life stress makes you shred worse than you should, at least you are shredding and that will help with the stress. At least that's what I hope.

EDIT: just realized next post is top post. I feel weird taking it though with a double post, so instead I strongly encourage the next poster to make a top post painting. Do it for the Ken.