Kyle's footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Re: Kyle Cook Footblog

Post by Kylescook » 14 Dec 2014 17:06

Had a really good session today. Spent about 4 hours at the park. Managed to get a couple of BSOS drills I was happy with. Had a few longer strings (for me anyway). And that Rev Guay drill is in there for you Nick and Ben.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6orI_UmSMg[/youtube]
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 14 Dec 2014 19:40

Nice job with the drills, I hit a lot of the same ones today and yesterday (except for the quay part). A few years back they were my bread and butter and will make you super consistent. Looking forward to seeing your progress.
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 18 Dec 2014 19:00

Yesterday was a really mediocre session. I wasn't happy with anything I hit. I called it quits early and went home. Today felt a little better. Hit Far Flapper stall for the first time, also hit diving ss mirage for the first time. I've been trying to get through either the all basic legovers or all basic pickups drill twice without dropping and its turning out to be a little more difficult than I thought it would be. Working on Illusion, Osis, Ducking Clipper, and Butterflies a little more. Here's a one minute clip of my hour at the gym tonight.(Edit: link is working now)
Last edited by Kylescook on 19 Dec 2014 04:11, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 18 Dec 2014 23:03

That Far Flapper Delay... :') Oh my. When I read that in the post, I grew a giant shit-eating grin and then tingles went across my scalp. Then I saw it.. even better than I imagined. Try to learn that flipside ASAP. It's really helpful with control, balance, and crank-building. I'd love to give you more Flapper tips in person at NYJ. Man, I'm loving the direction you're taking footbag. Stay on course. Icebergs? Fuck those icebergs, just plow through them.

Edit: And those Reverse Hopovers!!! That stuff is really amazing for your game. Love seeing them!
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 19 Dec 2014 04:16

Thanks Nick. I threw those sloppy flappers in at the end hoping someone may give me tips. Its a good thing I know the guy holding the far flapper record^

I also really wanna know if you said Icebergs because you still had the penguin shred video in the back of your mind or if its just coincidental.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 19 Dec 2014 06:19

When in doubt, blame penguin videos. And yeah dude, will definitely help you with flappers at nyj! Maybe do a little workshop on them.
Nick Polini

Funblog

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 19 Dec 2014 14:11

Great flappers - very controlled. They are a fun trick.

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 20 Dec 2014 15:49

boyle wrote:Great flappers - very controlled. They are a fun trick.
Thanks.

Today I had a about an hour or two session focused almost exclusively on osis. Tomorrow I'm playing with Cory. That should be killer. Here's a fun drill I filmed. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urwQCklSALE[/youtube]
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

MetZelRio
Fearless

Post by MetZelRio » 21 Dec 2014 04:56

If you dont give us cory Footage, we will all cry ourselves to sleep in the corner. I speak for every one of us on modified, no exceptions.

...Except for everyone who is not me AND everyone who IS me. Please just make an attempt to provide us with some new Cory footage will ya?

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 21 Dec 2014 05:33

MetZelRio wrote:If you dont give us cory Footage, we will all cry ourselves to sleep in the corner. I speak for every one of us on modified, no exceptions.

...Except for everyone who is not me AND everyone who IS me. Please just make an attempt to provide us with some new Cory footage will ya?
I'm getting my phone and tablet charged up this morning so I should be able to get at least 40-60 minutes of footage. He's posted a few small runs on his FB page recently, but yes I agree there isn't nearly enough Cory Allen footage coming out these days, I'll make it happen.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 22 Dec 2014 04:16

MetZelRio demands Cory Allen footage he gets it (not a lot of it, but it was his favorite run of the day). But not until after I say some more things. played with Cory yesterday for 3-4 hours. That dude is turning out to be one of my best friends, so glad we met. We had a ton of fun kicking and then he came over to my house after to help me mod my lavers. We hung out and watched shred videos for a while and edited our highlights of the day out of my tablet. During our session he challenged me to a couple different links I've never hit before so I figured em out and have them here for you today.
Highlights: :arrow: Pdx Mirage> Far Butterfly> SS Clipper> Repeat BS. :arrow: Pdx Illusion> Far Butterfly> SS Clipper> Repeat BS. and this one was a challenge from myself :arrow: Far Flapper> SS Mirage.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtiNxeLIb0U[/youtube]
Edit: I also hit Legover> blind flapper (total fluke on the first try not included in video)
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 23 Dec 2014 17:39

Today was a pretty short session. About 45 minutes or so. tried to keep it short so I can train hard at the gym in the morning. I am getting more and more excited for NYJ with every passing day. I don't think i've ever had as much fun as im gonna have shredding and hanging with all you guys next weekend. Cory laughed at my knee delay infinity one day when we were playing so i've come up with a knew knee delay link he should like even more. :lol:
Highlights from today:
:arrow: Knee delay> far butterfly>knee delay> ducking clipper
:arrow: Diving SS Osis (strong side only)
:arrow: Clipper set SS Refraction was a new one from today but I didnt film it.(Strong side only)
:arrow: Hit my first Flipside Drifter on Sunday, today I got it b2b
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvtyIy0mW6A[/youtube]
Edit: :arrow: I forgot I also hit Rev Swirl into a string earlier first try(of the day). Didnt get it flipside yet.
Last edited by Kylescook on 23 Dec 2014 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 23 Dec 2014 18:08

dude you make those drifters look eeaassyy

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 23 Dec 2014 18:18

Thanks Chris. They got a lot easier when I stopped trying to rush for the dex as much. I still need to slow it down some before I can hit them mid string.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 23 Dec 2014 21:24

Dude, very impressive footage from last session. Drifter b2b already??? So sick. You've been pushing so hard, dude. It shows, don't worry. Keep pushing. And PLEASE don't lose the KNEES! The Knee stall> ducking was a big shocker for me. Start mastering that stuff now and it becomes first hand, no thinking in a year from now.

Also, in other news, I had a dream that you were in my backyard, spraying my cats in a tree with a hose. You seem nicer than that though haha Looking forward to actually meeting you and hoping you don't spray my cats with a hose.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 24 Dec 2014 05:55

Nick, Thanks man really appreciate it cant wait to meet you next week! in other news Lmfao I am much nicer than that. I like cats.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 24 Dec 2014 05:56

Paul, Thats a funny one.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 24 Dec 2014 06:05

hell yeah mang
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 24 Dec 2014 07:20

I was reviewing the level one badges and realized that the only I can't do is rake and pincher so i'll have to figure those out this week if i want to film them all before the end of the year. Any tips on rake appreciated. I'll try and post some of my attempts for critique later.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges