Maxblog: now officially living in Sydney!

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 26 Jun 2009 05:41

Congrats on getting in to London Business School :). Also nice work with that new stuff :) Now two people in the world do pixie tap ;)

sergio
Multidex Master

Post by sergio » 26 Jun 2009 11:14

balance!!!! félicitations pour la LBS.
j'imagine que tu passeras par paname plus d'une fois. 75 adds revival!!! :)
Serge Kaldany
75 Adds - Paris

Rieferman
Flower Child

Post by Rieferman » 26 Jun 2009 12:11

congrats! your hard work is paying off (the business school thing is what I'm talking about.. but "yay footbag" too)
Bob R.

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 26 Jun 2009 18:07

Thanks all, yes the hard work is paying off!

Serge: oui je vais certainement faire un ou deux petits sauts a Paname histoire de dire bonjour. Tu n'etais pas cense etre a Londres toi d'aileurs?
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 17 Feb 2011 21:05

Wow! Haven't posted in here in a while! About 18 months actually...
So I re-read my entire blog. It seems I was quite a good footbagger a couple of years ago. I don't think I've actually had a serious session in about two years now. I still have lavers and footbags though! I've started kicking again but only really as 10-minute warm-ups before squash games (I play squash 2 or 3 times a week). I'm not really hitting strings just warming up with 20 clippers, bops and stuff like that. I did hit a couple of 5s (mobius, ripped, blurry drifter to name a couple... impossible to hit phoenix though) just to see if I still could! Hey I even hit blur > drifter > barrage today. Took me too many tries though. Maybe I'll see if I can hook up with the Sydney crew for a session before I leave.

Yeah so things have happened in the past 18 months:
- I owned my MBA
- I scored an awesome job with an American Financial Services firm and they are sending me around the company, around the globe in 6-month rotations (just finished my first one here in Sydney)
- My wife is pregnant and I should have a baby late May!!
- We're moving to Seattle mid-March till Sept 2011 (then off somewhere else)
- I've become quite the accomplished golfer, currently playing off 5 with a personal best official 1.9-handicap quite some months ago
- I can kind of hold my own on a squash court
- I have finally obtained Australian permanent residency!
- I've loved my last 2.5 years in Sydney: this place really rocks. Great weather, tons of golf courses, laid back people and it just looks easy to raise kids here.

Yeah so that's more or less where things are at. Maybe I'll run into some kickers when in the US. If so I'll post an update here. Not sure WHO would be reading this but you must be old (at least 25) :D
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 17 Feb 2011 21:49

Awesome to hear things are going well, Max...we should definitely get in a kick before you go. We should also play squash. I am going to come to Sydney next weekend come to think of it, so if you're around we should do those things.

Congrats on getting PR also....my wife has just applied, so now we wait.

Hope you get right back into footbag, you're a really good player.

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 17 Feb 2011 22:06

you're married????

damn I've been out for too long... Let me know when you're in Sydney we'll see if we can get something organised.
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 18 Feb 2011 00:21

So true. We're all getting on in years now aren't we. Glad to hear all is well with you and yours. Will you be having the baby in the States?
Oh, my dad says you need to go to Bandon Dunes in Bandon, Oregon when you've got the time. Apparently the best golf resort in the states. 4 world class courses on the property (and a par 3 as well). Couple hours south of Portland, right on the ocean. Apparently it should be on your bucket list if you're a golfer.
A.G.

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 19 Feb 2011 15:34

Of course Bandon Dunes is on the radar :)
Talking of bucket list I'm ticking one off: am going to the Masters this April!!
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 21 Feb 2011 03:11

I am 21 and I got a kick out of seeing you posting. Always interesting to see where long lost members are in there life now.

Good to hear all is well at your end.

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 23 Feb 2011 06:09

Glad things have gone well while you have been in Australia!
Asmus wrote:I am 21 and I got a kick out of seeing you posting. Always interesting to see where long lost members are in there life now.
yeah me too :)

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 28 Feb 2011 03:53

I'm still 23 until Wednesday and I'm reading :)

Great to hear everything is going so well! When are you leaving for the states? Would be good to have a kick before you go and I'm considering coming up at Easter...

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

Wim
Fearless

Post by Wim » 02 Mar 2011 03:13

Hey Max,

I dug up the olde login and password for the first time in years just to say props for everything you've accomplished in the last couple of years - oh and of course on the baby-to-be. Another job well done! :D
Wim Van Verre
Guiltless for Life

Bllllog-Challlengiz-Ogre gallery