Sole Purpose Portland Footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
redshredz
BSOS Beast

Post by redshredz » 31 Aug 2009 13:31

Thanks Erik, it was great having you! You definitely showed Street Fighter potential : )

It has been very busy on the home front, but a good deal of fun. Usually after the US Open we have a little downtime, this year it's been quite busy. The last month went as follows;

First week of August:
Jake Wren, Aaron Orton visit for a session

Second Week of August:
Erik Chan, Nate Lindscott visit for a session

Third Week of August:
Justin Dale, Cale McCoy visit for a session

Fourth Week of August:
Nate Lindscott and Jake Wren visit again

First week of September
Tom Kotsokos moves in
Elliot Piltz visits town
We all head down to the Beaver Open

Second Week of September:
New project launches... : )

I have some good pictures of all the sessions, hopefully I will be able to upload them when I get a chance. Good times!
R

redshredz
BSOS Beast

Post by redshredz » 03 Sep 2009 22:46

Sole Purpose welcomes Tom Kotsokos to the group. Tom is out from CIC to train with the local freestyle team, he has only been here a few days but its good times already! We were having our regular Weds. session when Tom flew into town. He hopped on the Max train from the airport directly to Pioneer Square, were he proceeded to hop off the train and into our circle : ) It was a fun session, next up; the Beaver Open!

Sole Purpose also welcomes Andrew McCargar back to the posse. Andrew was one of the original people who helped rebuild the Sole Purpose Group. Four 3 years he has been in Germany, most recently working on the 2009 World Footbag Championships. Welcome back Andrew!

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 07 Sep 2009 10:40

Hey guys, I'm in Portland now. Been pretty busy so far, but I'll have time for a kicking session on tuesday afternoon. If anybody wants to freestyle on such short notice, I'm staying just east of the city and can make my way downtown then. Call me 585.905.6314.

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 07 Sep 2009 18:32

I'll be there too with Kurt Alford from Eugene.

redshredz
BSOS Beast

Post by redshredz » 08 Sep 2009 00:03

Hey guys,
Glad to hear you are in town Chris! I think you chatted with Flash earlier today. If you can make our Weds session (Pioneer Square 6pm), you will meet quite a few people in our group. We are happy to get a session going tomorrow as well, there are quite a few people in from out of town right now. Shawnell Tolliver will be one of the sessions tomorrow. I think what will happen since people are on different schedules is that either either we will have a couple of different sessions, or one long running session in which people come in and out. Some of us are available earlier, some later (after 5pm). Look forward to kicking with everyone!

Adding to our busy September schedule;

This week:
Nate Linscott
Kurt (Eugene)
Chris Dean
Shawnell Tolliver
Andrew McCargar

Next Week:
Mike Hansen

Third Week of September:
Idaho State Championships

Fourth Week of September:
Portland Juggling Festival

Good times!
R

(I hope to upload pics and a Beaver Open write up soon, it was a fun event!)

redshredz
BSOS Beast

Post by redshredz » 08 Sep 2009 00:03

Hey guys,
Glad to hear you are in town Chris! I think you chatted with Flash earlier today. If you can make our Weds session (Pioneer Square 6pm), you will meet quite a few people in our group. We are happy to get a session going tomorrow as well, there are quite a few people in from out of town right now. Shawnell Tolliver will be one of the sessions tomorrow. I think what will happen since people are on different schedules is that either either we will have a couple of different sessions, or one long running session in which people come in and out. Some of us are available earlier, some later (after 5pm). Look forward to kicking with everyone!

Adding to our busy September schedule;

This week:
Nate Linscott
Kurt (Eugene)
Chris Dean
Shawnell Tolliver
Andrew McCargar

Next Week:
Mike Hansen

Third Week of September:
Idaho State Championships

Fourth Week of September:
Portland Juggling Festival

Good times!
R

(I hope to upload pics and a Beaver Open write up soon, it was a fun event!)

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 08 Sep 2009 14:05

Hey Red, I don't think wednesday will work for me. just a session today. I just talked to flash again and we're playing at Kenilworth park at 4 with nate and kurt.

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 21 Sep 2009 13:50

yo SOLE POSSE
Hope you all had fun in IDAHO. I've got Tuesday/Wednesday free and I'm planning on heading up north for some kicks. Can ya dig?

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 21 Sep 2009 19:37

yeaa boyee

redshredz
BSOS Beast

Post by redshredz » 21 Sep 2009 20:52

Heya all,
We are up for a session any time! This week Anita Lenneis (Verena's sister) visits town to kick as well, it should be fun! Also, we welcome a new shredder to the Sole Purpose Footbag Group;

Keisuke H.

Keisuke is representing the new school for freestyle in our area, we look forward to shredding with this new styler regularly!

It is going to be another busy week, we are building up to the Portland Juggling Festival 2009 (PJF). We will be performing workshops, setting up a booth, and performing in the big show Saturday night. After this event we will officially conclude our summer season of footbag, and move into the fall sessions of Sole Purpose. What a summer!
R

ps, the Idaho State Footbag Championships event was a blast, there will be a write up on Fourkast soon : )

Shawni
Shredalicious

Post by Shawni » 25 Sep 2009 00:17

Hey Portland Crew. I'm thinking about coming up on Sunday (maybe Saturday) for a session. I might bring Kurt along, he might be down for a road trip. ;) See you then!!!
Shawnell Tolliver

redshredz
BSOS Beast

Post by redshredz » 01 Oct 2009 01:19

Sole Purpose welcomes Tim Smith to the group. Tim is a freestyler who just moved out from Connecticut to the Portland area. We are looking forward to a great fall season!
R

Tim Smith

redshredz
BSOS Beast

Post by redshredz » 20 Nov 2009 17:59

Ben Schmaltz emailed me this picture the other day, it's a great shot. Our grand total of kickers that day was 16 I believe, 13 wearing some type of freestyle shoe. We had 6 new people make an appearance, which was great : ) Unfortunately we were still missing some of our other people from that session, but one of our long lost freestylers is returning to us next week. Good times!
R

redshredz
BSOS Beast

Post by redshredz » 11 Feb 2010 20:02

Sole Purpose is very happy to welcome Nate Linscott to the Portland group. Nate just moved to the area to help run a new WinCo store, we have already had a few fun footbag sessions. Good to see you here finally, Mr. Linscott.

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 11 Feb 2010 22:41

Nice

redshredz
BSOS Beast

Post by redshredz » 25 Feb 2010 22:50

Here are a few pictures of the Sole Purpose Footbag Group, Spring 2010. We had 11 people out today, good times. I am happy to say our group is as alive and kicking (pun intended) as it ever was : ) We are happy that attendance has remained strong. The summer should be exciting!

We are happy to welcome our newest member of the group, Noah Cacayorin. Noah is also our youngest member at present (14), beating out Casey (15) by one year. The two went right to work kicking with each other after meeting at the session, the OG's joked that they were quietly planning their take over. We certainly look forward to it!

Not pictured in group photo;
Nick Landes
Sean Wingert
Shawn J.
Nate Linscott
Aaron Shepard

redshredz
BSOS Beast

Post by redshredz » 11 Mar 2010 01:29

Sole Purpose Footbag Group March 2010

Not shown in photo:
Nick Landes
Aaron Shepard
Nate Linscott
Sean Wingert
Chase Card-Burns

redshredz
BSOS Beast

Post by redshredz » 23 Mar 2010 22:13

Sole Purpose proudly welcomes the great Evan Lovely to our group.

For those who are unfamiliar with Evan, he was one of the main driving forces behind the Missoula Footbag Alliance, and the Montana Freestyle Jam. We are happy to have this great individual in our group!

Aside from Evan, it seems I am contacted almost weekly now about our local footbag group, our numbers continue to climb. Our invitation still stands to all the players in the community, come check out Portland and join our culture of footbag!
Red

sidekick
Egyptian Footgod

Post by sidekick » 15 Nov 2010 16:27

Okay, so I know that it's been a while since anyone has posted here, but I am reviving this blog!

Yesterday was a fun session with Flash, Chris Dean, and myself. Lots of fun stuff going on, Mr. Dean's style and form are very refined. Bevier was doing some cool links, including gyro miraging pincher to swirl and a bunch of whirling calf bump> op whirl back to back. I had a few good runs, one with gyro blender and spinning blender bsos, and spinning dlo>barroque, which I thought was a lot of fun to link.

==============================================

Today we had a session with Cale McCoy, who came up from Southern Oregon to shred. We kicked with Sam, Marianne, Joe, James, and Cale's friend Taylor. While Sam was injured, he still played and was giving great instructions to Marianne. Taylor, who I just met today, was a competent kicker and I think I saw him try some stalls as well.

Joe, on the other hand, was killin it today. He broke his old record of consecutive toe stalls (~20) with 54 toe stalls today. He also was demonstrating more control over legover and clipper while hitting longer strings of stalls and two add moves, occasionally throwing mirage.

Cale seemed on top of most of the components he tried, but he is still recovering from an injury I believe, so it was nice to see some good links from him. I remember vertigo being a big trick, and him hitting pdx drifter and pdx whirl bsos in one combo. He also had good variety.

James, even through too baggy shorts or pants, hit some good stuff as well. I remember a string with ducking pdx mirage bsos with great stalls on each, and I remember him hitting gyro DLO at the end of the session, a first for him.

I felt like I was doing well, I had one string with both nuke torques in it, and then one with both nuke drifters as well as both atomic drifters. One string had a lot of muted same foot stuff in a row both sides, ending with muted double spinning clipper. The last highlight would be a 20+ contact tripless run with lots of variety.

It has been a lot of fun here in Portland, and we are getting more organized. Yesterday we had a meeting with all the Sole Purpose members, and we split the payload of running a large footbag group into delegated tasks for each person. One of my main goals is to write more on Modified to let you guys know how the group is doing, so make sure you check in every now and again to see what's up :)
Nick Landes

Proudly Representing Fourkast Footbag Co.
http://www.fourkast.com

Portland Blog

All the ladies love Matt Cross because Johnny Depp + Footbag = Matt Cross

Mastery is the combination of knowledge and practical experience

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 19 Nov 2010 13:50

okay