Pixie/Open-Quantum (Frantic)

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 23 Aug 2005 21:11

TOE > SAME IN [DEX] > OP IN [DEX] >>

I was sure there was a topic about this somewhere already but couldn't find it.

For a good frantic set you will need:

Pixie sets both sides!
Quantum set
symposium quantum set
Eggbeaters may help.

I think Ken's tip - which is basically that frantic is a pixie set pixie set (two alternating pixie sets) is the best tip - that's exactly what it is for me too. So if you want to learn the set you need to be able to pixie on both sides - even if you only want to hit it on one side. That said - I think it's fairly easy to learn it on both sides because you're doing similar things both times.

I also think of it as a bit of a symposium quantum pixie set. This basically means that I jump in the air as I'm setting the bag before i've dexed it - so it's like you do a lowish set and then two pixie sets while in the air.

It really feels very powerful to me so you want to really rip with the second dexing leg - that leg is the key. Push your knee inside of the bag and then out lifting it as high as you can - very fast and strong movement.

That's about it then I can think of. Good luck. :)

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 24 Aug 2005 23:58

I ussualy only talk smack to my homeboys, but alot of the sailing frantic moves I've seen in slomo have been pretty the, or atleast the pixies are. I ussualy don't evan notice the set in person or on vid.....
just make sure you actualy do a pixie b4 the atomic or quantum I guess. I'd love someone to post a vid of what they think a clean frantic sailing set looks like... Jeremy, Cod???

unfortunatly I have no tip because I'm nowhere near hitting this move.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 26 Aug 2005 22:55

I don't really have camera access at the moment but I'll post up some stills from some movies when I have time. It's hard to see the pixie set in sailing and frantic moves but I think most of the time when you see people hit these moves it's there. You just have to have an eye for them I guess. Although I've noticed that when I do a sailing or frantic move in front of people they are a lot more impressed than an atomic or quantum move (with the same downtime) so maybe it's just hard to tell on video.