Double Reverse Swirl/Twist (Revstein)

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

Kljopa
Post Master General

Double Reverse Swirl/Twist (Revstein)

Post by Kljopa » 24 Sep 2006 10:13

CLIP>SAME FRONT (SWIRL)[DEX]>SAME FRONT (SWIRL)[DEX]>SAME CLIP [XBD][DEL]

Revstein :!:

Any tips on that besides drilling the hell out of regular rev swirl?

beenjammin
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by beenjammin » 29 Dec 2006 21:42

I guess not :wink:
"Every cereal is my favorite cereal"
Ben Rinowski

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 30 Dec 2006 06:26

i've gotten a few good looks at revstein, and hope to hit it sometime in the next few months (im not really schooling for it, so i probably wont...) i dont really have any advice to offer other than just schooling rev. swirls, though i feel like trying to tack rev. swirls onto the end of other stuff would help to practice speeding them up, like butterfly rev. swirl then infinity reverse swirl, ripwalk reverse swirl, etc. work your way up harder and harder stuff involving the basic move and it should come easier. its basically what im doing.
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 30 Dec 2006 07:50

Thx for the tips Pete

Ill try schooling rev swirling toe known as blink :)

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 30 Dec 2006 09:50

I've hit revstein once or twice. I think bowler's advice seems to be leaning more in the direction of symple rev swirl. I'm not sure if that particular move is going to be a lot of help in hitting revstein.

The few times I've hit it, I've done it with a tiny twitch of a set that allowed me to attack the first rev swirl as it was peaking, in almost a setty way. Then, you have to try to carry the momentum from the first rev swirl smoothly into the second.

I recommend you doing it as "behind" you as possible, to open up the window for dexing. remember, very small set, attack as soon as possible, one big double rev swirl motion, not two seperate ones like ripstein can be sometimes.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 30 Dec 2006 13:57

Thx Matt

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 31 Dec 2006 09:11

yeah, dont take my advice on it as the gospel truth, as its coming from someone who hasnt hit it. but i feel like drilling anything involving swirl couldnt hurt.
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

beenjammin
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by beenjammin » 01 Jan 2007 12:20

I hit this trick last night!
Apparently the secret to this trick is to blink like hell. I wasnt even thinking about or planning on hitting this trick, but I did, 1st try! Whooo! I may have been a little bit under the influence. But ya like matt sais, its gotta be just a twitch of a set and if you work rev swirls and blinks enough that twitch set will automatically come along with the dexing motion and it wimply becomes a matter of one more swirl. A couple days ago I would have thought this trick impossible. Blink baby Blink!
All I can do is spins and swirls because im injured so I have been swirling ALOT lately. That probably had alot to do with it.
"Every cereal is my favorite cereal"
Ben Rinowski