Nuclear Butterfly/Nuclear Far Down (Matador)

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

jay7
Flower Child

Nuclear Butterfly/Nuclear Far Down (Matador)

Post by jay7 » 12 Jun 2007 12:06

(Matador) CLIP > SAME OUT [PDX][DEX] >> OP OUT [DEX] > OP CLIP [XBD][DEL]

Alright, so I figured I'd start this one because I just started trying this today.

Basically, I find that if you crank your ankle as much as you can when you clipper, and then do a lot of the set with your support leg so that it extends nearly straight, that the bag will set alot straighter and true-er for the dex. I also find that for the dex, if you crank your body before the set, and then when you twist your dexing leg then you will end up nearly straight so you can hit the butterfly at the end.

Now, my problem is, that my shoes rub the back of my thigh/knee area, and it gets pretty red. I read this on the Nuclear Set topic as well, but no one really explained how to avoid it.

So, any tips on the scraping of the back of my leg, and then just tips in General for future people would be nice :D
Jay Boychuk

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 20 Jun 2007 23:31

I think of the set like i'm setting for a pdx whirl. that helps me alot
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 22 Jun 2007 06:38

Set the bag straight up. As soon as the bag is off your foot (but really as you're setting) you need to hop across the bag and push your dexing knee across your body, twisting your hips. Find a video of somebody hitting a nuclear trick and watch their support foot on the set; that's the key to get a nice straight clean set. Good luck.

dyalander
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by dyalander » 22 Jun 2007 23:28

Perhaps keeping you ankle bent in clipper postion throughout the dex might stop it fromhitting your support leg - its hard to know without seeing how you hit it.
Really make sure you twist up at your hips NOT at the knee of your support leg (doing the hop across as Jeremy suggests will mean you don't have to twist too far) - this is very important because if you twist at the knee you can do serious damage over time or even in one go by pushing too far.
Who wears short shorts?
Dylan Govender.

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 23 Jun 2007 01:49

Yeah be careful with the knee, I've almost injured myself once.

My tips would be just,set no too far away from you,start dexing really fast.

And ofcourse keep practicing!

Genzu
Freedom Footbags

Post by Genzu » 29 Jun 2007 22:03

LOL... This is one of the few tricks I've drawn blood on, and I've done this one more than one occasion. It's especially dangerous when the eyelets on your shoes come loose. IMHO, if you're scraping the back of your knee, you are very close to doing this trick correctly.

For me I set this trick just above belly button high. Keep your upper body from leaning over the bag too much. I think the key is to have a super fast dex and twist your entire body (not just the leg - this will injure you) towards the footbag as you set.

If I'm setting from my left foot clip, my right foot will move about 45 degrees to the right while I pivot my whole body into position for the first dex, then move back about 45 to the left as I come back for the butterfly. If you try to do this dex without having your support leg in the correct position, you are asking for injury.

Here's a really old and crappy video:
http://freedomfootbags.com/images/eBay/ ... rmanII.swf

Peace.
Daryl "Genzu Blades" Genz

Owner, Freedom Footbags
Please support the IFPA:
http://www.freedomfootbags.com/