terms: ss

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

terms: ss

Post by crazydwarf » 13 Oct 2004 15:53

OK I am so confused, what in the world does ss mean. I have manly heard it used as ss butterfly. Does this mean same side butterfly as in do a butterfly then from the clipper set do another butterfly and catch it on the same leg? Could someone please explain this to me. Also anyone have any tips for butterfly from a clipper set, I have them nailed from toe set, but I can't get clipper set ones.
Dustin Rhodes

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Re: ss

Post by zachatree » 13 Oct 2004 16:10

crazydwarf wrote:OK I am so confused, what in the world does ss mean. I have manly heard it used as ss butterfly. Does this mean same side butterfly as in do a butterfly then from the clipper set do another butterfly and catch it on the same leg? Could someone please explain this to me. Also anyone have any tips for butterfly from a clipper set, I have them nailed from toe set, but I can't get clipper set ones.
ss = same side

ss buttefly = a butterfly but set it from the op side toe, so set the bag from you left leg but do the buttefly dex and cliper as if u where doing a normal buttefly from your right side, so its just a buttefly set from the op toe, im bad with jobs but i belive it would be Toe>op out/in>op cliper... like i said bad with jobs i may be wrong, some one correct me :?

Post by Guest » 13 Oct 2004 16:47

ss=sameside

a same side butterfly set from toe- toe>same out>op clip
a same side butterfly set from clipper- clip>op out>op clip

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 13 Oct 2004 18:06

It's important to understand that ss is talking about the start of the ss component - for example a toe set ss drifter means you dex with the setting foot and finish on the opside (but the same foot) - a clip set ss osis is an osis with the other foot - an os (op side) osis is done with the same foot (see Greg Nelson)!

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazydwarf » 13 Oct 2004 20:10

ok I think I got it now, thanks for all the help guys, I was tired of being confused and I couldn't figure out if ss was talking about the set or the end. Wierd cause I can do a ss butterfly and I didn't even know it.
Dustin Rhodes

sNale
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by sNale » 14 Oct 2004 07:34

Hi Dustin
what might help is; just imagine a vertical line that goes from your nose to your feet, so the line divides your body in a left and in a right half. So every trick you start on one side and finish or start on the same side of the line is a ss trick. E.g. Pixie ss Clipper (Set from right toe and caught with your left foot in a clipper)

Greetings Max
Max Jaeger
munich-footbag.de

Du bist Footbag!

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

Post by ebo » 14 Oct 2004 07:39

Yeah, Max has probably the easiest explanation.

ss = the move is done on the same side of the body that the previous move/set was done on.

op = the move is done on the other side of the body.

When there is no ss or op indicated, it generally means that it's op.