Spinning-Ducking

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

Krafty
Fearless

Spinning-Ducking

Post by Krafty » 14 Nov 2004 15:17

Spinning-Ducking
CLIP > BACKSPIN [BOD] >> DUCK [BOD] >

Hey guys, I can spin pretty well and I can duck/dive pretty good too, but I can never combine these two together. I accidentally hit spinning ducking butterfly a while back but couldn't do a single spinning ducking since then. Any advice? All tips and suggestions would be great! Thanks! :D
Kaushik Amancherla

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazydwarf » 14 Nov 2004 15:42

I don't know how to do any spinning ducking moves, but I do know that they look really cool. Hope you can get them down.
Dustin Rhodes

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 14 Nov 2004 16:12

i try to do them just try and set the bag really straight ( something i dont do when i spin) im not that great so dont take my advise its just my 2 cents

wolfpac444
Your Friendly Admin

Post by wolfpac444 » 14 Nov 2004 16:31

I think I'm somewhat decent and spinning ducking (at least on my strong side). One of the things that I think helps to have down first is gyro clipper.

Here are the steps I think about / go through when doing spinning ducking:

* Set the bag straight up
* Don't set it higher than eye level, or it will look sloppy.
* Make a quick spin so the bag is coming up by your shoulder
* Spot the bag as it is still rising
* Start the duck and perform like normal. I would not recommend starting the duck until you have actively spotted the bag.

I use these for spinning zulu and gyro diving/weaving as well. With the diving variants I tend to rotate a tad bit more on the spin.
Mike Hansen

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 14 Nov 2004 17:37

I don't think I spot when I spinning duck and I think my spinning ducking is pretty clean (I don't know if anyone wants to argue that?). The key, for me, is to make sure you don't set too high and make sure you get the spin out of the way as soon as possible. Basically if you can spin really well you've got it. I think spinning ducking is, like, 75% spinning and 25% ducking.

wolfpac444
Your Friendly Admin

Post by wolfpac444 » 14 Nov 2004 17:47

I think that your spinning ducking is pretty clean. If this isn't a spot, then I don't know what is. I'm not sure if I could do any of the diving stuff without spotting.
Mike Hansen

Krafty
Fearless

Post by Krafty » 15 Nov 2004 17:54

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll have to try them out tomorrow; I'll post back if I hit any spinning ducking stuff! :D
Kaushik Amancherla

ObArA'BaRs
Flower Child

Spinning ducking

Post by ObArA'BaRs » 27 Aug 2006 10:13

Need help with the whole concept
I need the key to the trick :o
Ive landed spinning ducking osis both sides and spinning ducking clipper bs
If your doing a spinning ducking clipper, do u do the clipper with the same foot u set the bag with or the planting(other) foot?(i hope that makes sense)

[merged with other spinning/ducking thread - Frank_]
Im 20
JSACK wrote: wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Keep footbag'n till yo skins saggin.......

Wim
Fearless

Post by Wim » 28 Aug 2006 09:15

Same foot, since it's just a regular spinning clipper (thus same foot) with a ducking between the set and the stall.

That's a sweet concept BTW, I want it too. I've hit no notable spinduck shit so I can't really give any pointers :oops: other than the theory.
Wim Van Verre
Guiltless for Life

Bllllog-Challlengiz-Ogre gallery

jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 28 Aug 2006 10:30

set > spin > spot > duck > downtime component

After a while of practicing while really seperating the the motion in your mind you can begin to just think of the spin and duck as one fluid motion. With a consistant set you should pretty much know where the bag is without spending too much time spotting.

Really school your spinning clippers till you can do them in your sleep and work on getting good tight reliable ducking clippers as well. After a while they should flow togeather.

Download some footbag of ricky moran (sp?) and watch his spinning ducking strings. They are sick!
Jon's FootBlog
MSN: jon.haber@gmail.com
"It was clean enough to be thin..." - Andrew W.

King Monkey
Post Master General

Post by King Monkey » 29 Aug 2006 16:21

Watch Dylan Fry do these types of moves, he is ridiculously smooth and efficient in his movements.
Ian Pritchard - http://www.ausfootbag.org

'People, just play Footbag and stop being dickheads!' - Michał Biarda

Troyson
Fearless

Post by Troyson » 30 Aug 2006 09:09

i was just trying this trick the other day and realized a pretty simple way of doing it. If you can do a gyro clipper and a ducking clipper then you should have no problem. When i try to hit this trick i only do a half spin like i would for gyro clipper, spot it, and then duck under it. And then by ducking after the half spin you complete the rest of the spin....i hope this helps, it helped me alot when i tried doing it like this.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 30 Aug 2006 10:45

I second skooling gyro clipper. Skool them with really high sets so that the bag is right next to your face after the gyro spin. Then work on speeding up the spin a little so that you can spot the bag while it's still rising, then work on getting your head under it.

keep working on it, spinning ducking is so styley!
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

ObArA'BaRs
Flower Child

Post by ObArA'BaRs » 30 Aug 2006 13:01

Matt Cross wrote:I second skooling gyro clipper. Skool them with really high sets so that the bag is right next to your face after the gyro spin. Then work on speeding up the spin a little so that you can spot the bag while it's still rising, then work on getting your head under it.

keep working on it, spinning ducking is so styley!
Troyson wrote:i was just trying this trick the other day and realized a pretty simple way of doing it. If you can do a gyro clipper and a ducking clipper then you should have no problem. When i try to hit this trick i only do a half spin like i would for gyro clipper, spot it, and then duck under it. And then by ducking after the half spin you complete the rest of the spin....i hope this helps, it helped me alot when i tried doing it like this.

I tried both of these and actually they both worked out equaly. Now i can spinn faster and spot it sooner :P
Im 20
JSACK wrote: wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Keep footbag'n till yo skins saggin.......

janis
Post Master General

toe spinning ducking

Post by janis » 05 Dec 2006 02:50

I'd love some tips for [toe spinning ducking], thanks in advance :D
btw I have a reasonable toe gyro and toe spinning, but will drill it more anyway.

[mod edit - merged with spinning ducking & changed word "this" to "toe spinning ducking" - Frank_]

Wim
Fearless

Post by Wim » 05 Dec 2006 03:08

Okay I hit my first (clip) spinning ducking tricks yesterday so I'm no expert but I'm still on a high which is why I have to reply :) .

Requirements:
-a good ducking set (height and tightness)
-a good spinning set (straight upness and no sideways movement of the body, so you have an accurate idea of where the bag will be after the spin)

The height required for the set is pretty straightforward. I set like I would for a duck and then 'just' backspin. You can also set slightly higher to make it somewhat easier and get the feel of spinning ducking. This makes the duck less tight but I think that's okay for starters (this is what I did).

Also you need a little speed (though there's no need to rush) on the spin, because you spot the bag when it is still on its way up, and duck more or less when it peaks.

Hope this both helps and makes sense!
Wim Van Verre
Guiltless for Life

Bllllog-Challlengiz-Ogre gallery