Funkadelic, P. Funk, and Parliament

This is the forum to discuss non-footbag movies, TV, music, videogames, and art.
Bringerofpie
Fearless

Funkadelic, P. Funk, and Parliament

Post by Bringerofpie » 31 Jan 2008 13:59

I'm just discovering these bands and, seriously, how amazing are they?
"Fuck it man, you just gotta do it."

Joe Snyder

Representing FLF (Fort Lauderdale Footbaggers)

http://onlycountria.myminicity.com

brian relly
fan-tas-tic

Post by brian relly » 31 Jan 2008 15:16

lol late pass much?

educate yourself - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Cli ... _musician)
esteban barnez
myspace.com/rawcakes
david wrote:I was just sitting here surfing and my mom looks over my shoulder. I had to jab down the down key real quick so she wouldn't see that topic title and question me about what kind of site I was going on.

Bringerofpie
Fearless

Post by Bringerofpie » 31 Jan 2008 15:50

I know it's old music, but I'm only 16 and my friend lent me a couple of cd's. Then I spent a while in my Music Theory class talking about them. My teacher got mad at me and my friend because we were more interested in George Clinton than Bach chorales.

Joe Snyder

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 31 Jan 2008 16:16

My one friend listens to them (he listens to pretty much everything) and I decided to listen to them after that a little, but couldn't get into them. Any recommended songs?
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

sampotter
the boy who lived

Post by sampotter » 31 Jan 2008 16:27

I saw a p-funk concert when I was 11; this is no excuse. Go watch PCU for some quality George Clinton time.

brian relly
fan-tas-tic

Post by brian relly » 31 Jan 2008 16:36

yeah dude, p funk was the 2nd CD my dad ever gave me (after Licensed to Ill), i think i was 9.

as for liking them, it can be an acquired taste if you're not used to good music - this applies to a lot of people. Just keep trying it out in different environments and different moods; eventually you will figure out how it suits you. if that doesn't work, pack a bowl and give it a spin. you'll realize what's up and be a fan forever.

if none of the above works, it's time to figure out how to live as a lame wad for the rest of your life.

nutella city represent!
esteban barnez
myspace.com/rawcakes
david wrote:I was just sitting here surfing and my mom looks over my shoulder. I had to jab down the down key real quick so she wouldn't see that topic title and question me about what kind of site I was going on.

Bringerofpie
Fearless

Post by Bringerofpie » 31 Jan 2008 16:43

brian relly wrote:
if none of the above works, it's time to figure out how to live as a lame wad for the rest of your life.
Quoted for truth.

Joe Snyder

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 31 Jan 2008 20:31

as for liking them, it can be an acquired taste if you're not used to good music - this applies to a lot of people. Just keep trying it out in different environments and different moods; eventually you will figure out how it suits you. if that doesn't work, pack a bowl and give it a spin. you'll realize what's up and be a fan forever.

haay man, there's millions of bands out there and I can't listen to all of them. The only hope (at least for me) is to hear about good bands basically by word of mouth. I'm downloading Mothership Connection right now unto my iPod and I'll let it sink in.
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 31 Jan 2008 21:02

pack a bowl
What does that mean?
Eoghan Patrick Morgan McDowell

Bringerofpie
Fearless

Post by Bringerofpie » 01 Feb 2008 12:48

Mothership Connection is one of the five best albums ever made. The other four (in no specific order) are The Wall (or Darkside), Sgt. Peppers, Abbey Road, and Bitches Brew.

Fact.

And packing a bowl is doing a bowl of marijuana.

Joe Snyder

brian relly
fan-tas-tic

Post by brian relly » 01 Feb 2008 16:15

i dunno bro, you have a lot of music to discover (not saying i don't either). bitches brew is the only one of those i would consider "top 5" but more as a result of teo macero's production than any of the players. not trying to take this off topic, though

Clinton Threatens To Drop Da Bomb On Iraq
esteban barnez
myspace.com/rawcakes

Bringerofpie
Fearless

Post by Bringerofpie » 01 Feb 2008 19:55

I nearly died laughing.

Joe Snyder

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 05 Mar 2008 20:46

Oh yeah, this thread. So here's an update on what I think of P-Funk as opposed to a month earlier: they fucking rock. I'm really into them now. I never imagined myself listening to funk. All my friends think I'm weird now or something, because I keep putting up videos on myspace being like "this shit is fucking awesome" and they're all like "your stupid" but then again most of them listen to panik at the disko and fall out boy or whatever. Now I feel bad for anyone that doesn't listen to P-Funk cuz they're missing out. I never knew what a huge impact they made on modern day hip hop and rap. And that's all I got to say.
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

Bringerofpie
Fearless

Post by Bringerofpie » 06 Mar 2008 12:58

Hell. Yes.

Joe Snyder