Team Fortress 2

This is the forum to discuss non-footbag movies, TV, music, videogames, and art.
C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: Team Fortress 2

Post by C-Fan » 18 Feb 2016 22:52

LOL. Its a team based FPS, but there's a trading economy that's like a game in itself. It's free to play too, if you have any interest in trying it out. One of the 9 classes is even French...

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 01 Mar 2016 08:15

Valve cut the price of a Tough Break campaign pass from $6 to $3. I figured that meant I could get one on the Steam Market for cheaper than that, and sure enough I got one for $2.33. Since the pass still comes with a festivizer, I sold the festivizer for 84 cents, which means I really only paid $1.49 for the pass, which is essentially 75% off. Nice.

The contracts themselves have overall been fun. I'm making a point to get the bonus contracts for all of them, which normally isn't too hard. Definitely a nice excuse to play some maps I don't normally play, and use some items I don't normally use. The skinned weps are all pretty meh, but that's not the reason I picked up the pass so I don't really care. I'm glad I got the pass at a discount...it's been fun to do, but I don't think I'll buy any future campaign passes.
C-Fan wrote:I saw a clean time warp noble amassment,... I offered 70, and he took it..
A guy who collects Noble Amassments added me and offered me 105 pure keys for it. Deal isn't finalized, but I'm optimistic it'll happen in the next couple days. I'll miss the hat, but flipping it for 50% profit is hard to turn down. Not sure what I'll do with the keys afterwards. Between my Secret Toque and my Knifestorm Private Eye, I already have unusuals for 4 of my main classes. Replacing the Noble with another all-class makes sense, but maybe I'll pick out 2 or 3 hats for my other main classes (pyro and engie) and just get ones for them. Not going to count my chickens before they hatch; I'll worry about it once I've sold the Noble.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 02 Mar 2016 07:06

C-Fan wrote: A guy who collects Noble Amassments added me and offered me 105 pure keys for it.
Sold it this morning for 105 keys pure! So exactly 50% profit on the deal. Nice. Gonna miss it most for pyro, since it looked so cool with the apparition's aspect. But now I have enough to get other hats for pyro with effects that compliment the aspect (e.g. disco beat down, energies, sunbeams, etc.)
C-Fan wrote: The skinned weps are all pretty meh,.
All the skinned weps I got were worth about 5-6 cents, which means if I sold them on the market I'd be getting like 3-4 cents. Since I was never going to use them, I threw 4 of them into a backpack.tf lottery yesterday...and won! I had a 1.13% chance of winning, and I did. Got about $22 worth of stuff, including 4 keys, 4 TOD, 6 refined, and some other crap I'm likely just throwing back into lottos. But yeah, I paid $1.49 for the pass, and got about $22 out of it. Sick sick sick.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 07 Mar 2016 08:26

Got a couple promising offers of all-classes for my keys. Unfortunately they both fell through before I could complete them. One guy offered a knifestorm noble amassment for 85 keys (and it was clean) but he sold it before I could respond. Another guy offered a clean sunbeams noble amassment for 100 keys. I countered with 90, he offered 95 and sweets, but by the time I got around to responding he had sold it. I guess the lesson here is to move quickly on good offers, since they can disappear quickly. I still feel like I'm in the driver's seat though. 109 pure keys should get me something nice, so I just need to be patient and alert and I'll find something.

On the contracts front, I'm down to my last 2 or 3. I've done the bonuses for all contracts except the Soda Popper one, where you had to get kills while triple jumping to get the bonus. Even with the atomizer, it was just too much of a pain. I have til the end of the month to complete my remaining contracts, so I'm just trying to savor them.

In hat news, they recently made the Cotton Head (pyro hat) into an all class. About a month ago I was looking to buy pentagram effects, and was eyeing a hellfire cotton head on the Steam Market. It wasn't any cheaper than its backpack price, so I didn't pull the trigger. That's a shame, cause I would have definitely made a 10x to 15 x profit if I had. But hindsight is always 20-20, so can't beat myself up over that.

I recently acquired a strange breadbite (reskin of the GRU). I normally don't care about re-skins, especially for weps that I already have in strange quality, but this one looks so cool I'm tempted to retire my strange GRU and use these instead. I just love the snapping animations when I'm running around with them. They're like bite-y sock puppets:

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 18 Mar 2016 06:58

C-Fan wrote:a backpack.tf lottery yesterday...and won! Got about $22 worth of stuff, including 4 keys, 4 TOD, 6 refined, and some other crap .
I decided to play an MVM tour, instead of selling the TOD tickets I won. I'm glad I did, as I got my first or second best drop for a tour: professional scattergun fabricator kit! Violet flames as the effect. Probably my best drop ever, or tied with the pro minigun kit I got 10 tours ago. I'm trying to sell the fab on the market now, hoping to get around $44 for it.

I've now done 28 tours in MVM. Zero australiums, and only 2 really good drops over that span of time. I think I'm going to retire on a high note, since I doubt I'll get two good tour drops in a row.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 14 Apr 2016 22:00

Sold the scatter fab on the market. Nice.

I'm now back after being gone most of the week. Surprised myself with some good killstreaks on day 1 back...felt like I had the opposite of rust:

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 01 May 2016 16:55

Pyro update for my counts:

:arrow: Totally Ordinary Phlog: 999 kills
:arrow: Epic degreaser: 6523 kills, 1700 extinguishes, 357 posthumous kills, 3221 reflects
:arrow: Notably dangerous scorch shot: 139 kills
:arrow: Scarcely lethal manmelter: 27 kills, 15 full health kills
:arrow: Face melting Axtinguisher: 1325 kills, 85 heavies, 371 full moons
:arrow: Legendary Apparition's Aspect: 6028 points

I also recently got a burning glove and a max, and this is how it looks:

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 06 May 2016 12:30

Gameplay observation: I feel like midevil mode on Degrootkeep is making a comeback. In the past it was hard to find servers that weren't half bots, but now there are a lot of servers that are all human players. Not sure if its due to a bunch of videos highlighting it recently, or what, but I'm enjoying it. In the past I almost exclusively went demoknight, but now I've been having a lot of fun running holiday punch with the dalokohs health boost.

Trading observation: It looks like Valve will approve almost any updates to hats where the hat maker changes the classes that can wear it, or even the equip region. At first I thought this was kind of cool, like when the Hat With No Name became equippable by 3 other classes and it looked good on all of them. But now a bunch of stuff is being updated and the hats either clip with other hats (Captain Space Mann as a misc) or just look ugly on other classes. I wonder if Valve will put a stop to this at some point? Seeing how it's led to some feeding frenzies in the economy, they probably like it.

So far the list of hats that have been updated to be worn by more classes, or changed to be a misc: Cottonhead (Pyro-> all class), HWNN (Soldier->multiclass), Bot dogger (Scout->all class), Hot dogger (Scout->all class), Allfather (heavy/soldier->heavy/soldier/medic/engie/demo/sniper), Hazmat Headcase (Pyro->pyro and sniper), Captain Space Mann (all class hat->all class misc), and Patriot's Peak (Soldier->all class). And right now there's strong speculation that the Casemaker, Safe N Sound, and Universal Translator will all also go all class. On one hand I think this is a bit overboard, on the other hand I'm intrigued at the possibility of turning a profit on these changes if I can. We'll see how things go.

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 14 May 2016 09:44

congrats on the drop : btw, i got my first aussy at my 44th tour :-/

sadly, because of life, i don't play a lot of tf2 anymore, school get me very busy and my son stopped taking naps on week-ends, so i can play like 1 or 2 hour(s) / week :(

at least, i still have my awesome phone game :D bestest phone game i got so far, i've been playing it for more than 520 consecutive days (the game count it for me ...) so my gaming addiction is fine :)

on tf2 note, weirdly, someone added me today and wanted my GE dapper topper (old price, high end = 55keys) ... at first he wanted me to add things to match up the price of his (seems to be clean) circling tf2 logo stash (high-end = 100keys O.O), but since i didn'T really have anything to sell cause i f*cking love my tf2 items (my 2 aussies and my spec KS kittens) he asked if i would do a 1:1 trade for his stash ... well, i said yes how to get 45keys value without any work :)

but on a more important note, i finally hit hale's own with my pan a while ago :D
Julien Cote

Proud to be sponsored by http://www.kolosport.com

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 18 May 2016 09:17

Nice on the Hale's Own Pan. I've got 2600 hours in game (ish) and only have 2 weps at Hale's own: my retired minigun and my stickylauncher.

I gambled with the possibility of the Universal Translator going all class, and bought a strange atomic one for $75 on the SCM. It ended up going all class, but not as a misc. So it's just a normal all class hat. Haven't had many good offers on it, so I might keep it. I can wear it with the max and it doesn't look bad, but I'd really like to flip it for a profit.

I've been traveling a lot, and have a lot more travel coming up, so haven't been playing much either on my end. Kinda thinking I should spend my free time on footbag if the weather is nice anyway, so we'll see if I do much on trading or playing in the coming month.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 19 May 2016 17:48

C-Fan wrote: Trading observation: It looks like Valve will approve almost any updates to hats where the hat maker changes the classes that can wear it,.
akalazou wrote: on tf2 note, weirdly, someone added me today and wanted my GE dapper topper (old price, high end = 55keys) ... at first he wanted me to add things to match up the price of his ... he asked if i would do a 1:1 trade for his stash ... well, i said yes how to get 45keys value without any work :)
I think the Dapper is going all-class, which is why he probably wanted it so badly. :?

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 24 May 2016 06:12

yeah .. i got screwed .. again :(

he's now selling it for 200 keys :(

but like i said, i'm not into tf2 that much anymore..

oh well :-/
Julien Cote

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 10 Jun 2016 08:41

On the bright side, at least you didn't add items like he originally wanted you to. Also, the Dapper hasn't been confirmed all class, so maybe he gets the bad karma that's he deserves from his sharking.

On the topic of hats going all class:
C-Fan wrote: On one hand I think this is a bit overboard, on the other hand I'm intrigued at the possibility of turning a profit on these changes if I can. We'll see how things go.
So I did 2 speculative buys to try and profit. The first I already mentioned, which was buying a strange atomic universal translator on the market for $75. It did indeed go all class, I haven't gotten any good offers, so at the moment I'm keeping it. I do feel like I can still sell it on the market for more than $75, so at least this isn't a loss. It does look good with the Max Head, so I may end up just using it as my default all class unusual for my classes without unusals (i.e. scout, soldier, engie).

My other speculative buy worked out a lot better. I bought an orbiting fire Safe N Sound on the market for $50, and it turned out to be clean. I traded it for a clean stormy pillar of hats with team spirit footprints, and a bunch of items I sold quickly on the Steam Market. I sold the items for $16.51, and eventually sold the tower for $140. So basically I turned $50 into $156.51.

Turned around and celebrate the sale by buying 2 items I plan on keeping and using:
:arrow: Strange spec pan with dominations for $19.93
:arrow: Strange pro ks air strike, green cerebral discharge, with robot kills and killstreaks ended parts for $8.05

Despite the good trading lately, I haven't had time to play at all. It's been over 2 weeks since I've had any playing time. :(

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 10 Jun 2016 08:58

i'm happy for you :)

i forgot to tell you that i got scammed :(, i wanted to sell my circling tf2 logo stash for real money ... and i forgot to check on steamrep, i only checked the comments on the guy's profile, it turns out that i went first and then, he blocked me, i wanted that money to put in my phone game :-/, so i lost some pixels and didn't get what i wanted for the other game. at least, it's just pixels :D
Julien Cote

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 07 Jul 2016 16:26

Did you do it through PayPal? Can you charge back the transaction? That really sucks. :(

I've been playing some Bioshock Infinite lately, until the new TF2 update hits. It finally hit today. I traded my atomic universal translator for a miami nights dark falkirk helm, with the hope the helm would go all class. I was having a bitch of a time getting any interest in the UT, so figured I'd lateral and see if I could get more interest in the falkirk. It just went all class with today's update, so hopefully I can make something happen.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 25 Jul 2016 07:00

Bunch of stuff since last post.

:arrow: The Falkirk did indeed go all class. I ended up moving it in a big deal, packaging it with a bunch of keys to get a clean dark blaze modest pile of scrap. I really wanted a hellfire or darkblaze all class that wasn't tall (like a tower or noble), so I could wear it with a max head and basically have darkblaze bunny ears on all classes.

:arrow: On a related note, the value of Max's has started to fall. I worried that they might crash as hard as earbuds/bills hats, so I sold mine. I basically took a 2 key hit for what I paid several months ago, but if they do crash I'd rather take a 2 key hit now and buy a new one when they become real cheap, than sit on mine and watch it devalue and take a bigger hit. We'll see what happens. In the meantime, the darkblaze modest scrap looks fine even without the ears.

:arrow: The new game modes of casual and competitive came out, and I think they're awful. Just the fact that you can't choose your map is crazy. If I do it and get a map I know, we usually win or do fine. But if we're on a map I've never seen before, I feel like we're doomed to lose. Don't even get me started on the imbalances associated with people abandoning. I've stopped playing both modes altogether. Just yech.

:arrow: I recently bought a strange loose cannon. I think I can say pretty easily that this is now my favorite weapon to play with. The double donk sound is super satisfying, and I like that it takes some skill to really maximize the weapon's strengths. I also love that I can push back uber charges with the balls from a safe distance...I can only imagine how frustrating that is to the other team. Right now I have 176 double donks and 211 kills, but it's not a straightforward relationship. Like, I can double donk a heavy and not get the kill, so its not like the huntsman where you can look at your headshot/kill ratio and get a true sense of your accuracy.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 26 Jul 2016 15:16

C-Fan wrote:
:arrow: The new game modes of casual and competitive came out, and I think they're awful. I've stopped playing both modes altogether. Just yech..
Gave casual another try today. I lucked out and got Upward, one of my favorite maps. On defense I went Engie, finished 1st on my team in points, and we defended the first point. On offense I went heavy, then scout, finished in first place, and we capped the final point. Guess how many XP I got for finishing first overall? Zero, cause the Steam connection dropped. I shouldn't even complain, because there have been reports of people winning multiple gold medals in competitive and LOSING xp.

Seriously Valve, how do you fuck this up so badly? Beyond that, how have you not fixed it yet?

Shit like this makes me just play other games, which is sad because TF2 was my favorite.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 08 Aug 2016 06:31

C-Fan wrote: :arrow: I recently bought a strange loose cannon. ...this is now my favorite weapon to play with. ...I have 176 double donks and 211 kills, but it's not a straightforward relationship. Like, I can double donk a heavy and not get the kill, so its not like the huntsman where you can look at your headshot/kill ratio and get a true sense of your accuracy.
This continues to be my favorite weapon in the game. What I said about the relationship between kills and double donks is definitely true. I've found the 3 most common situations where I get a double donk but not a kill are:

1. I disrupt an incoming uber with double donks to slow them down. I get the donk, but no damage.
2. Double donking an overhealed heavy, sometimes multiple times in a row.
3. Donk a power class (175 HP or higher) who then runs away before I get a kill.

I've also gotten kills which weren't donks, including a bunch of demospam ones. Long story short, there's no real correlation to kills and donks. Honestly, I find more enjoyment and value in using the cannonballs as space control than as a source of damage.

Right now I have 471 donks and 461 kills.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 05 Sep 2016 11:50

C-Fan wrote:
Right now I have 471 donks and 461 kills.
Now I'm at 811 kills, 896 donks, and 76 Heavies killed.

Was on a Casual server today and the teams were horribly unbalanced in my favor. Ended up dominating 10 of the 12 players on the other team at one point. Pretty sure thats a record for me:

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 29 Sep 2016 09:05

Getting super hyped for Halloween...its easily the best time of year for TF2. I hope they bring back the contracts like they had last year, and I also hope they have the same unusual unbox system, where you can only get the new halloween effects by unboxing with Halloween keys, but if you unbox with a normal key you can get a Halloween effect from years past. In my 6 years of playing, I've only unboxed one unusual, and that was during Halloween 2011. I might try some unboxes this Halloween and see if I can break my 5 year streak of nothing.

Here's an update of my strange levels for Demoman now:

Cosmetics:
:arrow: Mann Co Select Knifestorm Private Eye- 14064 points, 5656 kills, 2036 assists, 1573 fires survived.
:arrow: All father-6365 points
:arrow: Mann of the Seven Sees- 4033 points

Weapons:
:arrow: Face-melting Loose Cannon- 1000 kills, 1129 donks, 100 heavies killed
:arrow: Server clearing grenade launcher- 3103 kills
:arrow: Aussie Stickybomb- 1733 kills, 523,989 damage dealt
:arrow: Eyelander- 621 heads taken
:arrow: Frying pan- 622 kills, 38 dominations
:arrow: Skullcutter-968 kills