Musicians/24 Hour Song Challenge

This is the forum to discuss non-footbag movies, TV, music, videogames, and art.
habitat
Post Master General

Musicians/24 Hour Song Challenge

Post by habitat » 20 Apr 2011 10:53

A couple months ago I started an event in which the premise is that you write, record, and upload a song/piece in 24 hours and share it with everyone. I was inspired by 48 hour film competitions which is driven by the spirit of creating and moving on. So far it's been successful in getting musicians to get off their asses and actually produce something that others can be apart of. I encourage people to write about their submissions to create a sense of personality that gives listeners a framework which to listen to their music with.

If anyone is interested, it's an all inclusive event that has no rules or restrictions on genre, length, instrumentation. Shit, I would allow poetry or spoken word if thats what you want. The goal of all of this is to share one's creativity in an honest and relatable manner under which there are no preconceptions.

We run a blog that archives past challenges. Currently we are on Challenge 3 which is this Sunday-Monday. The event is run through facebook since it's a simple way to monitor participation and feedback from other artists.

The blog is here.
24 Hour Song Challenge Blog

The event page is here. (you will need a facebook account to view)
24 Hour Song Challenge Facebook Event Page

I encourage anyone and everyone to participate.
James Randall

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 20 Apr 2011 10:58

This is a cool idea/project.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 25 Apr 2011 05:11

This should be in Arts & Leisure - Okay if I move it?

I would do the cover artwork for one of these in the same 24 hours if you are interested?

habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 25 Apr 2011 12:11

Sure.

Sure.
James Randall