When she tells you: "I have a boyfriend"

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 16 Oct 2008 21:26

What is the ultimate point of anything?

habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 16 Oct 2008 22:41

Jeremy wrote:What is the ultimate point of anything?
What IS the ultimate point of anything?
James Randall

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 16 Oct 2008 23:38

The point is:
Sergey wrote:Ok, ... I am in love with you Moxie. I am so into you that I am thinking about marrying you and making 10 babies together.
I'm sorry, but I have a boyfriend. No need to worry Sergey, Yes, I will let you know if I become single. I don't want 10 kids, but we can work things out.
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

Sergey
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Sergey » 17 Oct 2008 04:24

I would never deliberately ruin a relationship that I know does exist.

Nor would I push a girl into any physical activity without mutual enjoyment.

However, I tent to doubt what most people define as a relationship.

Beautiful relationships are amazing, but they are very rare!!!

There is a difference between knowing that a relationship exists and being told that it exists. And this is my main point: question everything that you are being told with care and, most importantly, think for yourself.

I understand how it might have been difficult to see that from my post, but I was talking about the mental state more than anything else.
James, when we talk about "pursuing" in this topic, we don't mean literally chasing after them. We just mean that you continue to flirt with them.
Thank you Jeremy, I could not have put this any better.
Sergey Pikalov

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 17 Oct 2008 06:59

I've always found it odd that lying is usually the accepted norm for women when they want to get out of a situation. I swear it becomes habitual for them, like they make up fake names for each other before they go out. The reason is because lying is "fun". The more people get away with it, the more they enjoy it. Moving on...

Anyway, my thoughts on the issue is I think it's sad that women lie so much these days. I'd rather a girl say, "Hey, don't take this the wrong way, but you're really not my type." I can respect that. I've been told that before, like a girl told me that she likes guys with big muscles n stuff. I was like "Cool, I'm not your guy then." If we had a fairly long, engaging conversation and hit it off despite her not being attracted to me, or me to her, I may say, "You seem really nice, if you'd like a new friend you can give me a call sometime, but if not that's cool too."

Attraction goes both ways. I guess the lying stems from the fact that people fear rejection. There's millions of people out there for both sexes. There's a good chance you'll find someone that's right for you.

It depends on where you're looking, etc. too. It's hard to find places to meet women, bars are probably the worst place to meet the opposite sex. Oh well, I'm rambling at this point, but two paragraphs up is my point, so check it out. Good luck.
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

Matt
Post Master General

Post by Matt » 17 Oct 2008 07:16

Make sure you don't seem fazed that she has a boyfriend. Continue to pursue (flirt with and talk with) her, invite her to hang out and do fun stuff. You'll be able to tell if she is into you, i.e. if she is flirting back. If she doesn't seem like she's into you, then maybe she is in a serious relationship and worst case scenario you've made a new friend in the process.

http://www.pick-up-artist-forum.com/1-v ... sc&start=0
Like every man of sense and good feeling, I abominate work
-Aldous Huxley

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 17 Oct 2008 07:33

I knew this thread was headed this way.

My experience with PUA techniques showed that they work with suprising frequency, but are not going to find you any kind of emotional fulfilment. Great for picking up half-drunk randoms, useless for creating healthy relationships. More than anything, they will help you with self-confidence, which combined with being yourself (as cheesy as it sounds) is the only thing that will get you a girlfriend who will tell other guys that `she has a boyfriend`.

This thread is kinda lame. If a girl says she has a boyfriend...GO TALK TO ANOTHER GIRL. There are lots of them. I promise. If you are getting all wrapped up in one girl that you dont even know (especially one that says shes taken), you have bigger problems than a simple pick-up strategy is going to help you with.

:idea:
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 17 Oct 2008 08:09

In all honesty if a girl said that to me I would give her a dirty look. I would do so because I hardly if ever attempt to "pick up". If was talking to girl I didn't already know it would likely be a friend of a friend. I would be talking to her to be friendly as I would be talking to any friend of a friend, male or female. If she then said "... I have a boyfriend" in a manner to demonstrate that she is "taken" rather than simply mentioning a boyfriend to fill in a story she was telling or something I would be offended and think less of her. I would see her saying "I have a boyfriend" to mean she thinks I am flirting with her and that I want her. Since I don't do that she would be mistaken and I would take her actions to mean she believed she was hot stuff or something and that I must be flirting with because of it. My dirty look would hopefully express to her that she has assumed incorrectly, that I just decided to think less of her because she assumed I "must" be flirting with her instead of just being a friendly person, and that I was not impressed.

I don't bring up a girl friend if I am talking to a new girl. I let my actions show if I am interested or not. I would never let flirting get to the point where I would have to clearly state I was already in a relationship if that happened to be the case at the time. I feel bringing up the "boy friend or girl friend" thing for a lot of people is like bragging. I am not a fan of bragging. Usually the ones that say it aren't all that attractive in the first place. At least that has been my experience when I have heard it or heard it said to friends. The girls that are the most attractive and fun are the ones least likely to mention their boyfriends in my experience. Fun, pretty girls tend to understand fun playful flirting and respond in kind rather than interpret everything a boy does as a come on.

If a girl says he has a boy friend she is not interested. For me at least, I am only interested in people that are interested in me. If I heard "I have a boyfriend" I would be turned off and probably stop interacting with the girl that said it. I am not interested in persuading anyone to date me and any girl that said "I have a boyfriend" would likely need persuading. A girl I am interested in should be trying to impress me rather than having me hit her over the head in order to convince her to date me. Shouldn't you guys be the prize and not her? Greenwood is right, move on to the next one. Not to get into any PUA crap but perhaps disqualifying yourselves instead of actively demonstrating interest would be a better way to get less of the "I have a boyfriend" put offs. While both approaches can work one comes across as needy while the later can come across as playful.
Last edited by jon on 17 Oct 2008 08:33, edited 2 times in total.
Jon's FootBlog
MSN: jon.haber@gmail.com
"It was clean enough to be thin..." - Andrew W.

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 17 Oct 2008 08:13

There are sooooooo many girls out there!!
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

Sergey
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Sergey » 17 Oct 2008 08:15

Jon, you are awesome. Just letting you know. :)

I wish I was able to communicate my ideas as well as you do. It was good read!
Sergey Pikalov

jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 17 Oct 2008 08:29

Thanks for the kind words.

This thread reminds me of:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4faSs0mg_pI[/youtube]

Read all these comments (600 +) :p
http://digg.com/comedy/She_Has_A_Boyfriend_2

Also found this while searching for the above video (might interest some):
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgVbDUMxP8o[/youtube]
Jon's FootBlog
MSN: jon.haber@gmail.com
"It was clean enough to be thin..." - Andrew W.

Sergey
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Sergey » 17 Oct 2008 08:53

My experience with PUA techniques showed that they work with suprising frequency, but are not going to find you any kind of emotional fulfilment.
Slowsis,

Please give me an example of a technique that you used that got you emotionally frustrated. I really wanna hear it.

Here’s my experience:

I have applied some so-called PUA techniques and noticed some significant improvements in my life in general. My social skills got stronger. My relationship with my parents got better. This was a big one for me. I’ve learned to respect and understand my male friends a lot more than I did before. I’ve learned to watch my big moth (still very difficult).The most important skill that I learned was the ability to form genuine relationships with new people and keep any relationship free from bullshit right from the start. Still, it is hard work, but now I got the necessary tools to do whatever I choose to.

Of course, there are downsides to this knowledge, but I don’t want to get into that.
Sergey Pikalov

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 17 Oct 2008 12:22

I'd just buy a 20 piece chicken mcnugget for us to share and from there it'd be the sheets

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 17 Oct 2008 12:50

Well yeah, but Sergey's not talking about picking up some trailer park hoodrat.

Rieferman
Flower Child

Post by Rieferman » 17 Oct 2008 12:57

I'm resisting, but someone must have a "your mama" joke at hand that would fit perfectly right about heeeeeeeeere
Bob R.

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 17 Oct 2008 13:01

Your momma. :roll: :P

TheLast
Fearless

Post by TheLast » 17 Oct 2008 19:24

"I think you should give a chance ¬¬"
Paulo Castro

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 17 Oct 2008 20:34

Well yeah, but Sergey's not talking about picking up some trailer park hoodrat.
'

i hate when people are nonfunny

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 18 Oct 2008 03:00

What percentage of your own posts do you think are "funny?"

Sergey
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Sergey » 18 Oct 2008 04:25

Sergey Pikalov