Tripod Battle -2- RESULTS ARE UP CHECK LAST POST!!!!!

Your moves. Your combos. All up for video review in these Sick Online Competitions.

Moderators: BalinorNZ, max

Asmus
Ass Moose

Tripod Battle -2- RESULTS ARE UP CHECK LAST POST!!!!!

Post by Asmus » 13 Apr 2007 13:30

Tripod Battle -2-

Sorry for the delay. Life is truely a bitch at times.
Watch these vids.. NOW! All of them..

Cammel: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PFA21X8U
TayChaint: http://www.footbag.org/gallery/show/11359
Gielnik: http://www.footbag.org/gallery/show/11167
Mathieu: http://www.footbag.org/gallery/show/11232
Kljopa: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9LsMFuV9qc
HG: http://www.footbag.org/gallery/show/11234
Max Power: http://www.footbag.org/gallery/show/11358

You know got 2 choices:
- PM me your ranking of all the videos.
- Post your ranking here, of ALL the videos.

Im sure the creators of the videos would love some feedback.
Voting should be based overall feel of the video, editing, music, style, shred.

Prizes:
1. Prize: Peng footbag

Sponsored by: www.kingstonfootbag.com

2. Prize

Sponsored by: www.planetfootbag.ch/shop
My PF, your PF, our PF!

3. Prize

Sponsored by: www.planetfootbag.ch/shop
From players for players!

Bonus Prize
This prizebag will go to a random competitor, like the bag lotteries.
Photo: http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/Isilwar/1232.jpg
Sponsored by: Zac "Isilwar" Miley

Thanks to the sponsors!
If the winner wants the t-shirt more than the bag he has the opportunity to switch.

The voting will stay up as long as their is a steady flow of votes coming in.

ENJOY
Last edited by Asmus on 27 May 2007 06:02, edited 2 times in total.

cammel
Fearless

Post by cammel » 13 Apr 2007 13:45

Awesome, glad these came out.

alright its fixed, thanks Asmus :) and here are my judgments. Asmus said to vote on overall feel of the video, editing, music, style, shred. so ill try and comment on all of those for each video. Not judging my own

1st: TayChaint
. It looks like the most time was put into this video. Lots of cool camera angles and locations, good editing, liked the music, great overall feeling. The shred wasnt great but not bad for a beginer. Also made me laugh with the giant footbag with footbag filler. Seems like the best in the 5 categories that Asmus laid out.

2nd: Gielnik
. Whats there to say? crazy hard runs and alright music and editing. would have been first but there wasnt much effort with camera angles/locations (I didnt try to do this either, not hating, i just think thats an important part of this comp)

3rd: Henry
. I had the same thoughts about yours as Gielniks, awesome shred and alright music. Gielniks just had a bit harder shred.

4th: Mathieu. I liked the narration, and there was some good editing, especially in the part where you're drilling void.

5th: Kljopa. Pretty good shred/locations and the music was alright... i saw this video a while ago. nice double switches and miraging flail.

6th: Max Power. The shred was pretty good, liked rip>side rpt. sorta had the narration thing going on but it was kinda scary. Balloon was funny.
Last edited by cammel on 13 Apr 2007 14:33, edited 2 times in total.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 13 Apr 2007 13:50

Sorry man!
Its on top of the list now :)

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 13 Apr 2007 14:03

1. Mathieu. The theme and editing were really good, and i just liked the video. Music was a good fit.
2. Henry. Editing was slightly above mediocre i think. Shred was alright. I liked the music (Duh :lol: )
3. Gielnik. If this was based purely on shred, you would win hands down. But some of the editing was kind of weird and i didnt like some of it. The music was a bad choice in my opinion, but thats subjective. Good video overall.
4. Kjolpa. I really liked the editing in the beginning, with the moves going with the weird sounds in the music. Shred was cool, good locations
5. Taylor. You may be a beginner, but the angles and locations were really cool. I personally am not a fan of the walking to your shred spot in fast motion intro though.
6. Gray. Liked the shred a lot. Some unusual stuff in there. Again, the intro is what killed it. The whole showing your equipment on the beat has been done a lot and it turns me off of the video. Minimal editing, which isnt a bad thing! I liked the video.
7. Max. The end clip of the camera in the balloon was my favorite part. Maybe spent a little too much time on the first section. the first minute and a half was just showing drops of some difficult drills? I didnt really get it, but i liked the last half of the video :)
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

david
Senor Buttercup

Post by david » 13 Apr 2007 14:46

I thought suderman would be in this.
david

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 13 Apr 2007 19:13

1. Mathieu - Man this was tough. Drew kept climbing and climbing in my eyes, but in the end, it came down to the sappy message haha. Ah well, I enjoyed the message, and I felt it was one that really isn't spoken a whole lot. The vid was inspiring, and the shred was great. The film had an epic quality that I felt won me over as a player, and as a film critic. I think if this was captured with a little higher quality, and you had nailed that spn pdx drifter after all the tries, showing WHY you never give up lol, it would've won by a lot bigger margin. As is, you barely edged out Max Power. Congratulations.

2. Max Power (Drew Martin) - Wow. This was way unexpected. Despite the other's reviews, I myself thought the artistic nature of the editing was cool! Your vid had that 'Edgy Sundance Entry' quality to it. I thought the music and effects were great, and the balloon bit was hilarious. There were a couple of moments I felt didn't quite fit, and overall it was brief and felt like an Attention Deficit Disorder Commercial lol. It was a bit eerie, and that's why I liked it. It wasn't afraid to get dark. Great film.

3. Taylor - I'm impressed. You have the look of someone with potential in footbag. Idk if you posess this potential or not, but it seems that way. Onto the vid: The variety of locations really helped boost you IMO. Also, all of the street stuff, you never see that anymore, and for a newb to be hitting street moves, I thought that was neat. Song was perfect for the vid. Idk, I guess you got edged out by Drew slightly in my eyes because of the higher artistic effort that he put forth. Also the film quality had a washed-out look to it that was off-putting. Cool film though, and I'm excited to see more!

4. Gielnik - Good God. You're ridiculous first of all. Anyway, onto the vid: It was just artistic enough, and the song went so well with your shred. I'm really putting heavy emphasis on art/editing since we have a beginner in the mix, and everyone's level of shred is different. The song took me back to my raver days 8)

5. Kjolpa - The shred was sick in this. Especially for 7 months, you're hitting tons of stuff that I haven't yet. I felt the YouTube stream is what knocked you down a few, because although the vid was great, the footage appeared grainy, because of the lower quality upload to YouTube. I really did enjoy the vid though. The consecutive double switches were pretty amazing.

6. Henry - Editing IMO was uninspired. Shred was obviously off the hook. The entire vid took place in your garage, and we got treated to a couple of color effects. I liked the music, but I really can't give points for that because musical taste is specific to individuals. Props on doing this though, and as a shred vid it's awesome, and going in my collection.

7. Gray - Again, as a shred vid alone, this is a great one, but I felt the editing of all the other contestants was variant and artistic enough to knock those that didn't go the extra mile down toward last place. Sorry bro, but again, sick shred. Spin ps egg? I believe it was was so ridiculously cool. All of your moves look sweet, can't wait to see more!

Oh, before I forget, thanks Asmus for putting this together! This was so much fun to watch, very enjoyable. Props to all who entered, and congratulations on your efforts.
Last edited by shredzilla on 13 Apr 2007 20:00, edited 3 times in total.
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

Zac Jackson
Fearless

Post by Zac Jackson » 13 Apr 2007 19:39

all of these I thought were well put together, I especially liked Henrys Vid and i dunno why but amazing guys! :D :lol: 8O :P
Your next task: Go to the bathroom.
Wash your face.
Put your shoulders hunched upwards.
Look really, really slowly upwards towards the mirror like in the movies
And slap yourself in the face.
With your game face on.
And go shred with jim.
It'll work, trust me.
-Jay Boychuk

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 13 Apr 2007 20:30

"Life's a bitch, but she's a fine ho." -Pokelo

edit:

Watched Tay's video. Very good intro. Nice music. My suggestion on your shred is practice the splits and train your core. My suggestion on the vid is make the ending fade out instead of ending abruptly. I was happy watching the vid. Good job.

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 14 Apr 2007 00:30

david wrote:I thought suderman would be in this.
Olaf Piwowar, My Footblog

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 14 Apr 2007 01:47

Olav wrote:
david wrote:I thought suderman would be in this.
So did I ..

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 14 Apr 2007 08:17

Here are my votes with some comments:

1 - Max Power, Unlike others, I kind of loved the intro, even tough it can seem scary, was that the point? if not I'd consider that point for your next video ! The baloon defenetly made the difference on my vote, I was hesitating since it's the last video I watched until that happened. I felt the video was always linked nicely with the music, which I think is important.

2 - Myself, I didn't like how my voice sounded. But I've been watching it over a few times and there isn't much I feel should be changed on it. Waiting for some input to know what could be improved.

3 - Gielnik, You get most of your points for the shred. On that note you win it all. One location only, and overuse the effect where you are over yourself in transparency. I think that effect is cool, but should only be used for one string, or only for a specific trick would be more enjoyable. The other effects where wisely used, fit perfectly with music and the shred. It's a great video.

4 - Taylor, Good use of locations, good use of transitions when there are the three rocks, could have been better by disapearing completely and reappearing on another rock instead of plain cross fade. Loved the feel of the video. The text was not annoying. For some reason text annoys me sometimes. I didn't like the intro where you are moving fast, and this shouldn't happen since it's a tripod video, you lost one rank because of that on my judging.

5 - Henry, I loved the feel of the video, good use of grayscale, but then, some stuff I didn't like such has the text font and color, and only one location was used with minmal effect past the intro

6 - Kjolpa, intro was really good, then good use of locations, but transitions where lacking in my opinion, some shots need better cuts for start and end. Also I didn't feel the music was linked with the video past the intro.

7 - Camel, the intro was a weak version of some good versions of the get the shoes out and shred. I didn't like how it was done. I think there is still ways to make such an intro and make it appealing, look at Jere's videos (first day out, training day, bots, to name a few) in every video he does it in a new way and it looks fantastic. Didn't get that feeling here :( From there it was plain shred over music with minimal editing, only a slow mo at the end if I remember correctly. Some combos and tricks where really intense, props on that!
Mathieu Gauthier

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 14 Apr 2007 16:15

This is hard. I am almost tempted to make two categories, one for the vids that used different angles and one for vids that didn't. Even if you used the same location while filming you could at least put the camera in a different place. Everyone did a great job but we all have to be ranked, so here goes.

1. Marhieu: I love the feel of this video. It has a point that most freestyles can understand and recognize. The angles and areas were great same for the effects not too many not too little. I think you broke the rules by including the person you were teaching but thats ok and i think you have a great speaking voice.

2. Me: I'm sorry if I scared you guys, but I kinda meant it to be darker than most videos but not scary. Not going to say more I might scare you guys.

3. TayChaint: It looked like you were in heaven playing footbag. it looked like a beautiful place to play, I loved the music it fit perfectly, and I loved the angles. If you just showed the elevator in the intro it would have been fine but because it was soo long i got sick of it and maybe a little sick to my stomach. It looked like you had fun making this and thats what is really important here.

4. Gielnik: Your shred is amazing dude you are at such a high level, way above everyone else in this comp. I wanted to put everyone who didn't use different angles on the bottom of the list but your video is really well edited with the music and there are a lot of effects that worked really well. Try and get fancy with the camera and not just the computer and you would have one this comp hands down.

5. Kljopa: You are the man, your game is so advanced for only 7 months. I liked the video, you did some cool effects, the youtubeness lost you some points in my book but it didn't change your ranking. The biggest problem I had was that there was no real feel to the video it was kind of a big pot of different footage you just threw in together to make a stew, It didn't have a real beginning, middle and end.

6. HG: great style, great shred, boring video, I don't want to see you standing in one spot from the same angle over and over. like I said in before just move the camera from one side of the room to the other, from high angle to low angle. I like how you had parts that were just black for a second and the other effects that you used, you put it to the music very well and you busted nice combos and strings threw out the whole video.

7. Cammel: Sorry, to put you last but you had the least effect on me the viewer, It had no feel. The shred was great, your game is very interesting for me to watch, you have a unique style and you hit really hard tricks. This video had the least effects and only one angle for the shred and two different shots.

Asmus is the man, thank you thank you thank you.
Drew Martin

footjam_heger
Egyptian Footgod

Post by footjam_heger » 15 Apr 2007 01:04

My favs.

1. Taylor Chaint, definitely: Super cool shredspots, cool atmosphere nice ideas. Props for this video. It's not always about shred only. People forget the things around it.. I don't look at heavyshred only.

2. Mathieu: wow, you're so fast. Last time I saw you in summer or somewhen. You improved alot. Cool ideas, good runs and awesome "lyrics"
There's one thing to complain. It's the background. Work on your background. Good background makes your video muchmuch better.

3. Max Power: Good runs, scary beginning, diary-idea was good

The others were good as well although they were all kinda similar. I'm looking for something unique :)
Props for entering the Asmus' Tripod Battle anyway.

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 15 Apr 2007 06:32

Yeah I'd love to use better background, but in winter I can only train between the 4 walls you seen in the video :(
Mathieu Gauthier

footjam_heger
Egyptian Footgod

Post by footjam_heger » 15 Apr 2007 07:46

acxel22 wrote:Yeah I'd love to use better background, but in winter I can only train between the 4 walls you seen in the video :(
true. Summer is coming so get out and shoot some footage.

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 15 Apr 2007 22:53

Oops, I forgot to vote:

FIRST PLACE: TAYCHAINT!

2nd place: the rest of them.

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 15 Apr 2007 23:32

heres my ranking and i broke it down into a simple point system based on what i thought was important..

Editing techniques: 4pts
Shred: 3pts
Camera Usage: 3pts
Music: 2.5pts
theme: 2.5pts

i split theme and music into 2.5 intervals so that if your location sucked in comparison to the others that you could make some of the points back using the theme and music working together.

===============================================
Geilniks vid:
Location: simple enough it never changed, it was in one single room.
--3 pts--

Editing techniques: I liked the black and white trance-style feel it had. It definately added to the quality of the video
--3 pts--

Shred: Obvious enough the shred was great, not only because you are an advanced shredder, but because you selection of tricks and links/style were varies and i liked that.
--3 pts--

Camera Usage: Wasnt the best, even though you were in the same room, maybe you could have moved the camera around to add to the video, (my opinion). you did angle it (im not sure if it was on purpose) a few times so i added .5
--1.5 pts--

Music: i liked the music because it fit the theme.
--2.5pts--

Theme: I liked your theme, but for some reason it didnt seem solid, maybe it was because of the varied editing effects, like that saturation during some parts of the music, and the black and white in the beginning.
--2 pts--

Total: 15 pts

Henrys Vid:

Location: A garage, but the angle made it good i think, but you never really changed where you shredded, maybe because it was actually raining? lol
--3 pts--

Editing Techniques: I iked the build in the intro, along with the slowmo drill it gave you a good feel for what was going to come, which made me anticipate the video more. I also like the light flashes from more main light source (the door of the garage) those were cool. I liked your transitions as well, i think they fit the style of your vid.
--4 pts--

Shred: Was varied from simpler stuff to harder 5s, and some cool stylie links.
--3 pts--

Camera Usage: There was none, other than your original focal point, but it was a point that you dont see as much so i liked it somewhat.
--1.5pts--

Music: I liked the music, it played well to your shred, and seemed to make the video more "epic"
--2.5 pts--

Theme: there was defintely a solid theme here, and it followed the song pretty good, some of the editing effects even played a roll in the theme. I liked it.
--2.5 pts--

Total: 16.5 pts

Mathieu's vid:

Location: In a school or something of that fashion, but you explained that its somewhat winter there, and that played a factor
--3pts--

Editing techniques: i liked the voice over, not many people do that nowadays. The black and white, although common, worked in this video, your overlay during the drops was a cool additive to it.
--2 pts--

Shred: I liked it, it was good and varied, but im not so sure that all the drops were the best to add i dont know.
--2.5 pts--

Camera Usage: it looks to me like there were 4-5 different camera positions, in the same room which made it a ton better to me.
--3 pts--

Music: in the background behind the voice, it added to the general "feel" of the video, it made it more epic. I liked
--2.5 pts--

Theme: Obvious theme "Moments" I liked it, i liked your descriptions and your thoughts about footbag and stuff, definately a strong theme in this video. full point fer u!
--2.5 pts--

Total: 15.5 pts

ill do the others later when i have more time.

edit: these are in no particular order, but the first 3 vidoes in my folder i looked at, so this necessarily isnt rank 1,2,3,...etc

LEGOMAN
Egyptian Footgod

Post by LEGOMAN » 16 Apr 2007 05:23

How did you two people judge your own videos?
People that like LEGOMAN - 10
People that hate LEGOMAN - 1000
LEGOMAN´s posts - Priceless

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 16 Apr 2007 12:39

i judged by which ones i liked best
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

sile
Shredalicious

Post by sile » 17 Apr 2007 01:01

1st: TayChaint
2nd: Henry
3rd: Mathieu
Sil1