Shred Global contest #3 (ends June 1st)

Your moves. Your combos. All up for video review in these Sick Online Competitions.

Moderators: BalinorNZ, max

Webslinger
BSOS Beast

Post by Webslinger » 28 Oct 2010 08:08

Do not worry Ken, there are more.. They just would not waste their time like we did telling you since it is pointless because you love yourself way too much to accept the advices..

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 28 Oct 2010 08:12

Webslinger wrote:you love yourself way too much to accept the advices..
Thanks. Love your signature and avatar by the way. :wink:

Jeremy: 1.5
Ian: 1
Honza: 1

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 28 Oct 2010 08:12

This topic would be locked if two mods that never visit the site weren't the only two in charge of this forum. Please stop posting and pretend it's locked. You're not going to change anyone's mind and you're making yourself look stupid.
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

Tsiangkun
Post Master General

Post by Tsiangkun » 28 Oct 2010 12:18

At least now we can all be certain that osis and gyro clipper are different tricks.

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 28 Oct 2010 21:36

Best read I've had in a while!

Cameron Kennedy stole the show with his earlier comments though.

I somehow respect all of you blokes.

This is just a rogue seiche* in the modified harbor.

*wave, don't bother looking it up
My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.

Tsiangkun
Post Master General

Post by Tsiangkun » 29 Oct 2010 11:52

It is too bad this didn't happen. I was all set to point at somebody and say 'You got served !'.

drillbit
Shredalicious

Post by drillbit » 15 Nov 2010 12:22

what happened to footbag?........geez

this is not the sport i picked up nearly 30 years ago.
well maybe it is, just minus all the "stuff"

this thread kinda saddens me :cry:

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 16 Nov 2010 08:04

^ Yes ...this thread was sad for numerous reasons....but if want to feel uplifted and 8O you should see BADASSERY ....this will prove that the sport is kind of different :wink:

Tsiangkun
Post Master General

Post by Tsiangkun » 22 Nov 2010 19:35

Yes, post your osis, and then watch badassery, and then come back here.

You got served !

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 21 Dec 2010 13:46

drillbit wrote:what happened to footbag?........geez

I've only been a part of footbag for 13 years, so I can't comment on what it was like 30 years ago. That said, in my experience footbag isn't much different than it was 13 years ago. When I started playing, there was tons of politics, backbiting, and shit talk. It just wasn't as publicly visible because internet forums didn't exist.
Webslinger wrote:You were not invited to BAP 3 times... just once in 2003 and that was it, but I guess you like your versions better...
I was at the induction ceremony in 2003 and 2005, so I remember the announcement over the microphone. As for 2004, I didn't remember where I first heard it, but then I found this in my 2004 Worlds write-up in my blog:
C-Fan wrote:At the convenience store, i run into Dave Clavens, Crisco, and Mike Hansen. They tell me that I got voted into BAP again and I laugh. Then, in a semi-expectant tone, Dave asks me if I will accept this time. .
So while I wasn't at the ceremony, my source was three very reliable footbaggers who were there. Just wanted to set the record straight.
Zac Miley wrote:Mark and Josh: I think Ken and I were planning on filming this thing at NYJ.
Update: much hackoff footage was filmed at NYJ. Zac Miley is sorting out the footage, which should conclusively prove who is master of the universe. Or whatever it was that we were setting out to prove with it.

Pasquar
Fearless

Post by Pasquar » 21 Dec 2010 18:47

ken, you're not asian enough

jk :lol:
Nick Pasquarello

Shred on

Radek
BSOS Beast

Post by Radek » 10 Jan 2011 03:59

You silly mortals you think some hack of footage can make you master of universe? <demonical laughter: muahahahauhauahauhauahuahauhauahauhau <enough>

There is a one master and it's me. So now I (the master) challenge both of you to do 10x osis right after punching Anderson Silva into face! Ymmmm, you first.
Born to challenge

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 10 Jan 2011 08:53

Pasquar wrote:ken, you're not asian enough
That's not what my girlfriend says... :oops:
Radek wrote: So now I (the master) challenge both of you to do 10x osis right after punching Anderson Silva into face! Ymmmm, you first.
I'm up for a video hackoff with you Radek. Maybe we could do something with Ted/Nathan Anderson instead...I like our chances better with that. In all seriousness though, Zac Miley and I shot a hackoff video at NYJ in Chicago, so hopefully a video will come out in the near future.

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 10 Jan 2011 10:09

C-Fan wrote: hopefully a video will come out in the near future.
I'm working on it ;)
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

Radek
BSOS Beast

Post by Radek » 10 Jan 2011 12:07

Hey I tried it!

I punched Anderson, did 10 times osis. Video should be uploaded whenever I leave this hospital (up to 3 months) :D Now I am true master of universe :D

And seriously, I am too weak to face you now, but I feel this spring will be mine (check out 'new moves' thread, I'm rollin!*)

*ruling too.
Born to challenge

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 10 Jan 2011 18:23

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 18 Jan 2011 23:50

Cameron Kennedy wrote:At least now we can all be certain that osis and gyro clipper are different tricks.
Oh man. lol. :D

...and as for you Ken, you have shared too few milkshakes with me. :x
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 19 Jan 2011 15:22

C-Fan wrote:
Radek wrote: So now I (the master) challenge both of you to do 10x osis right after punching Anderson Silva into face! Ymmmm, you first.
Maybe we could do something with Ted/Nathan AndersEn instead...I like our chances better with that.
So you're finally gonna shoot "Ken punches some guy in the back of the head, then runs away - in HD"? Excellent.

Anexthesis
Shredaholic

Post by Anexthesis » 31 Jan 2011 16:13

drillbit wrote:what happened to footbag?........geez

To be fair the discussion in this thread (which is likely the worst I've ever seen on Modified) is pretty tame compared to what happens in a lot of other forums. I'm not vilifying this BS at all but we all need to please keep things in perspective.

On another note this was perhaps the most amusing thread I've seen here in ages. Really poor form from several posters but a good read nonetheless.

Also Ken, you'd school me in shred pretty much any day of the week but from what I've seen your form COULD use some work. You bust some incredible shit but it's very choppy. Does that get me a point?
James Pleas

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 01 Feb 2011 07:34

Anexthesis wrote: To be fair the discussion in this thread is pretty tame compared to what happens in a lot of other forums. I'm not vilifying this BS at all but we all need to please keep things in perspective.
I think you meant justifying, not villifying, but it brings up an interesting point about how flame wars are preserved on modified, under the current moderation policy.

The way things work on modified now, is that after a flamewar ends, the mods selectively delete parts of the flame war. Usually, they remove the most offensive posts. This has the unfortunate effect of removing context from the argument, effectively penalizing the posters who kept the most level head. Take this hypothetical exchange:

Poster A: Your style sucks, and you are gay.
Poster B: You're a dick.
Poster A: You're worse than Hitler. Suck a dick.
Poster B: Nobody likes you.
Poster A: I will physically harm you when I see you next.
Poster B: You've never accomplished anything in footbag, which is why nobody cares what you say.

Not a very nice exchange, and both posters are guilty of being jerks. That said, Poster A breaks forum rules, while Poster B does not. Therefore, when the flame war is over, the mods will go back and edit it so it looks like this:

Poster A: Your style sucks.
Poster B: You're a dick.
Poster A: You're worse than Hitler.
Poster B: Nobody likes you.
Poster B: You've never accomplished anything in footbag, which is why nobody cares what you say.

So while in the original, unedited exchange, you can see that Poster B is responding to inappropriate attacks from Poster A, in the redacted version that is left behind, it looks like Poster B is just needlessly throwing insults, since the offending comments that provoked them have been removed. For modified users who saw the original exchange, nothing is changed, but for people who read this thread (or any other flamewar) after the fact, it doesn't reflect what happened. I don't think this is a good policy. The original flamewar should be left unedited, or removed altogether.
Anexthesis wrote: Also Ken, you'd school me in shred pretty much any day of the week but from what I've seen your form COULD use some work. You bust some incredible shit but it's very choppy. Does that get me a point?
I appreciate the attempt, but it's really not nasty enough to get a point. Maybe if you added something about my grandmother's sexuality, or how my cooking sucks, etc. Or if you had said it in a freestyle rap or something.

Anyway, it would be nice if the mods discussed the flamewar response strategy in the mods forum, and posted something about it.