Trick Shots

1, 2, 3, 4. Keep that bag off the floor.
joecrain
Hack Fiend

Post by joecrain » 20 Mar 2006 18:29

Cant WAIT to play with CIC...

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 25 Mar 2006 20:39

Muhnamana
Last edited by CIC flurry on 06 Apr 2006 22:19, edited 1 time in total.

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 04 Apr 2006 10:39

CIC flurry wrote:BooYAh. I've been working on my stuff a little (like 3 sessions so far). gonna be fun and challenging.
Not unless you are on the receiving end.

Regarding the Emily style straight shot you kept trying last Saturday, from my perspective it really does look like a spike considering the point of view I get (looking straight down on it) it's really hard to see any arc.
Zeke

Funny movie titles if the movie were about poop:
Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 07 Apr 2006 03:06

I've played sitting on my ass before. I got 2 points once, LOL :lol:

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 17 Apr 2006 14:41

Spent quite a bit of time practicing aiming for the near corners of opponents squares on Saturday with Freddy. I think it worked out quite well, I won 3 games using the shot frequently. I try getting it as close to the lines as possible. Sometimes it means getting it on the line but I hope to get better accuracy with time.

I guess it's not really a trick shot, just good placement.
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

xXLoss_of_ControlXx
Egyptian Footgod

Post by xXLoss_of_ControlXx » 17 Apr 2006 17:52

i gotta work on my aim/accuracy... :lol:
Freddy Noinaj of the CIC?

"Sweet" Simon

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 25 Apr 2006 12:06

Tear up your shoulder, it seems to have done wonders for me :arrow: :?
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Uranos
Flower Child

Post by Uranos » 11 May 2006 03:35

when the footbag is in the air i pretend to try and catch the bag with my hands but i actually dont. it fools everyone
Alex Urano

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 14 May 2006 21:21

I've been killing Marty (one of the better 4S players at LTHS if not THE best player) by landing the bag in the near corners of his square. I've noticed that he's adapted to it eventually by rushing to the corner that I kick to. So, to counter his counter I wait for him to react to my pass and quickly kick it again to shoot it to the opposite side or sail it over and behind him. It's worked very well so far. After a few of those I just fake that second kick to keep him guessing.

Intercepting fist. Played squares with Reile and Tom a few weeks ago. As I anticipated, Reile used his double tap on me early and often. He has to cross over into my square for the second tap. One of the first things I tried was initiating body contact. I was kicked (lightly) in the stomach and chest a few times to try and discourage him from crossing over and getting that second kick. I guess it would have been more effective if I actually called contact/interference. I think my most effective attempt to counter his double tap was simply hitting his foot with my hand. He might have been trying to avoid any contact because now he was setting higher and to my right. It looked like the bag was still on his shoe when I slapped the top of his foot with my hand and called contact immediately. I'll savor that look on his face for so long as I live. Something like 8O + :? He walked out soon after.

There was little bit of controversy afterwards. He mentioned that I hit the bag first but I thought I got his foot with the lower part of my palm. Either way I think it will, at the very least, cause him think twice about trying that shot with me.

Tom. Not the easiest person to defend against. He employs his own version of the double tap where the second contact is often a high arcing crescent kick. It's not used as often as Reile's so it makes it hard for me to predict. I've found that snaking him after he receives the pass is what works best. Deny him any chance to get his offense going. This only works when he receives the pass/serve within my kicking range. If he catches deep into his square hes free to set up any shot he wants.
Last edited by Zeke on 24 Mar 2007 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

xXLoss_of_ControlXx
Egyptian Footgod

Post by xXLoss_of_ControlXx » 15 May 2006 17:40

Zeke wrote:One of the first things I tried was initiating body contact. I was kicked (lightly) in the stomach and chest a few times to try and discourage him from crossing over and getting that second kick.
but he got you back when your balls were in his

"Sweet" Simon

xXLoss_of_ControlXx
Egyptian Footgod

Post by xXLoss_of_ControlXx » 15 May 2006 19:01

and i think marty IS the best we have, who else is there besides steve, obed, chris, cuba, josh, kirby, marlena, barbara, jessica, javi, kamil(?), and I?

"Sweet" Simon

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 17 May 2006 11:32

I thought Zeke's post was by Freddy at first.

LOL at balls in square.

And Marty also falls for short shot over line after you kick it only once.

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 22 May 2006 07:52

Zeke wrote:I have a shoulder bump that I try to quickly knock the bag behind and to the left of other players.
I had an awesome kill with this yesterday. Afterwards one of the Lane kids said, "OOOHHH!!! He gave him the cold shoulder!"

I instantly fell in love with the name.
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

xXLoss_of_ControlXx
Egyptian Footgod

Post by xXLoss_of_ControlXx » 22 May 2006 17:56

Zeke wrote:
Zeke wrote:I have a shoulder bump that I try to quickly knock the bag behind and to the left of other players.
I had an awesome kill with this yesterday. Afterwards one of the Lane kids said, "OOOHHH!!! He gave him the cold shoulder!"

I instantly fell in love with the name.
Wasnt that damien who said that?

"Sweet" Simon

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 22 May 2006 18:05

Oh, I thought it was Cudo (Chris :arrow: :wink: )
Doesn't matter, it's a cool name... 'sides it's not like Im gonna pay 'em royalties or anything like that 8)
Last edited by Zeke on 28 May 2006 07:56, edited 1 time in total.
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Oroza
Fearless

Post by Oroza » 28 May 2006 05:29

ShredOnLawn wrote:I think the key to 4 square is to never use the inside kick.
what about the reverse inside? kick it with right inside and the bag goes right, kinda tricky if you do it after kicking it straight up a couple times

i use the hop/knee bump to bailed toe alot, theres the through the shorts drop, the half pendulum, the ' i'm gona kick you' psych, the 'kick the bag straight at their nuts' move, aka the 'marble crye'

we should start playing like old kung fu movies, calling out signature move names, like toms " neo's dodgeball" or rileys " free blough zone"
Plain, with everything.

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 20 Nov 2006 22:18

I've been doing that lately. I start with a very high pass then yell "AXE KICK!" and I score without ever doing the actual move :wink: But that only works on certain players because I've probably I've flashed my foot inches away from their face on several occasions.
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 21 Nov 2006 04:59

"Little Karim" from Switzerland got me out with something similar: bag is sailing roughly between his and my square, he winds up as if to "kill" someone (although this is quite an unethical thing to do), releases his kick as everyone scatters out of the way (myself included) only to find out that he completly missed contact with the bag.... and the bag continues its descent straight to my side of the line....

smartass kids. He's 14 or something.
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

xXLoss_of_ControlXx
Egyptian Footgod

Post by xXLoss_of_ControlXx » 21 Nov 2006 15:43

pwned!

"Sweet" Simon

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 26 Nov 2006 16:55

max wrote:he winds up as if to "kill" someone (although this is quite an unethical thing to do), releases his kick as everyone scatters out of the way (myself included) only to find out that he completly missed contact with the bag.... and the bag continues its descent straight to my side of the line....
HOLY SHIT! I can't imagine what this kid has done for people to fear that wind-up! Maybe you can pick the pass off high before his leg swings over/under the bag. Unfortunately that means you leave your manhood exposed to a near certain and painful bludgeoning. Or lean back to avoid the wind-up and do a very low toe kick.

Edit:
some minor changes in the text to fit the images

I like aiming for my opponents near corners when we are in adjacent squares (4&1, 4&3) After a few successful shots I'll "walk" the bag to my left front corner with my right arm guarding against any snake attempts and my body perpendicular to his square. If the defender is drawn in expecting a short drop shot past his line I can either shoot the bag low and between us to his open left corner or just past his hip to his back left corner. If he manages to defend the shot then I'm at a major disadvantage since I've left much of my own square open to set up this play.

If the defender is not drawn in and stays near the middle of his square then I'll do the short drop shot in his front right corner with the option of redirecting last second to his back right corner.
Last edited by Zeke on 24 Mar 2007 20:53, edited 1 time in total.
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood