gyro mirage and spinning pdx mirage

Talk about your big add moves and concepts in here.
Troyson
Fearless

gyro mirage and spinning pdx mirage

Post by Troyson » 19 Dec 2005 19:29

today i landed a gyro mirage, but i thought it was a spinning pdx mirage because if you take out the backspin then it is just a pdx mirage. I have been told however that a spinning pdx mirage is an entirely different trick, and i dont understand how there is any other way to do it. :? If i do a gyro mirage, but instead of dexing with the leg that i did the clipper with, i dex with the other leg as if im doing a clipper set mirage then this is a spinning pdx mirage?? i dont see how that works, because if you take away the backspin then it is just a clipper set mirage. :?

Can someone please explain the difference between these two tricks for me? :?

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 19 Dec 2005 20:11

You have it right, spinning changes which side is paradox. For a spinning pdx mirage you would set it off left clipper, spin counter clockwise, plant the set foot and mirage dex with the other leg.

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 20 Dec 2005 01:35

Troy your interpretation is right.
If you can do a gyro mirage you'll notice that it's a bit like if the bag passes behind your back and then you do a clip set mrage form the other side of your body.
Spinning pdx mirage would be womething like this: spin so the bag passes behind your back and then keep spinning so it's in front of your body and then do a mirage but with your other foot. (a bit like a pdx mirage but set from the other clipper foot). Good luck.
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 20 Dec 2005 05:37

Troy,

twice, you say "if you take out the backspin"... but neither of these have the backspin taken out.

Think about what happens after the spin.

Once you do the backspin, if you do a near mirage, that's gyro. if you do a far mirage, that's paradox. the paradox happens after the spin.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 20 Dec 2005 07:01

In my opinion pdx should be a far full dex. Despite debates about what actually is a full dex my definition would mean a move like atomsmasher would be an atomic far full dex and get a pdx add instead of an x-dex. If you apply this definition to spinning moves as has been said then which side is the far side is based upon the last component rather than the first component - so before the dex the last component is a spin and the far side is the far side to the side the bag is on at the end of the spin.

NotHisRealName
Post Master General

Post by NotHisRealName » 20 Dec 2005 12:01

Jeremy wrote:...so before the dex the last component is a spin and the far side is the far side to the side the bag is on at the end of the spin.
WTF!? 8O :?:
Comment in the BCS blog if you feel the need to.

Gareth Williams

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 20 Dec 2005 12:29

hahahaha, HILARIOUS wording... definitely makes sense, though...
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Troyson
Fearless

Post by Troyson » 20 Dec 2005 12:57

is a spinning pdx mirage 4 adds?

Cod
Flower Child

Post by Cod » 20 Dec 2005 13:01

Yes.
Michał Biarda (Me-how Be-r-da)