Ianek tribute video

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Ianek tribute video

Post by C-Fan » 19 Oct 2012 14:20

A couple weeks ago, I unexpectedly got a note from Ianek on Facebook. In a nutshell, his note said that he had pretty much not played footbag for 2 years, but two recent events had inspired him to start playing again this fall. The first event was Aleksi visiting Montreal over the summer, and the other event was a string of videos I posted on YouTube. I was really touched by his note, both because it is awesome that he's playing again, but also that he took the time to send me a note in the first place. About a week later, Ianek released his video, which in turn inspired me. Beyond the overall high level of shred, seeing Ianek reminded me that there isn't anything holding back our creativity in freestyle. Almost exactly a year ago, I was hitting some creative stuff. But over the winter I started working fearless, which resulted in my game became a lot more traditional. Ianek's video inspired me to go back to trying more creative links. In some cases, his combos looked challenging and fun enough that I had to try them myself. Anyway, here's footage from a session inspired by Ianek. Welcome back man. I hope you continue to inspire the rest of us.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOdyXZqwe0I[/youtube]

As always, comments are much appreciated.

fatbagger
Multidex Master

Re: Ianek tribute video

Post by fatbagger » 20 Oct 2012 02:47

Really enjoyed the whole vid. My favorite was probably the combo starting at 1:30. I think the Christmas calendar this year should have a creativity theme to it. I'd like to see everyone's take on creativity. Nice job, kept me entertained.
I like to play.
I want to play good.
Dan Reed

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 20 Oct 2012 05:20

thx for the video Ken, i prefer that kind of video than the conventionnal ones. im glad Ianek inspired you caus i really enjoyed it
Julien Cote

Proud to be sponsored by http://www.kolosport.com

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 04 Jan 2013 22:06

Awesome vid Ken! The 2nd tripwalk after the Flurry > Tripwalk you looked pissed off at the bag.

Creativity needs to make a come back.
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website
Pm me for details about Munster Bags!

Pasquar
Fearless

Post by Pasquar » 11 Jan 2013 14:50

Love it!

Especially liked the link @ 1:30

great stuff, keep it up, Ken!
Nick Pasquarello

Shred on