Joulukalenteri 2013 - Day 8: Last Canada, Season Ender

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
jay7
Flower Child

Joulukalenteri 2013 - Day 8: Last Canada, Season Ender

Post by jay7 » 07 Dec 2013 19:16

Double Feature!!

Due to many video submissions, I have decided to start releasing more than one video per day, on 'my days'. Today, will bring you two videos. Sadly, today will showcase the only video I have with a stagnant camera. My apologies, fizzied.

Season Ender:

You may or may not recall, Tuukka Antikainen's "Season Ender" videos, from ~2005. Where, he would film the last day outside, with picturesque Finnish backdrops, fun shred and shenanigans. He hasn't made one, in some time, so this year whilst living in Turku Anssi and I decided to film our own Season Ender. I tried to keep the same style Tuukka originally did, however naturally with my style of editing. So, today is a double tribute to him, as I am running the Joulukalenteri, which he invented, and did a Season Ender. I hope you enjoy it, despite the lack of dexes all over your face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFGyq5Bz3o8

Last Shred in Canada

Prior to leaving Canada for Europe, and after the wedding, I had to say goodbye to my shred room. I had no idea if I was going to get back to Canada, or if I would ever have that room again. So, this was my "final" session in there, as well as in Canada. Footage not included is me beating myself into the ground, trying to hit "that one last thing to make me proud". To which Anssi and Johnny consoled me, and assured me the room and I had a relationship built on hundreds of hours, and not the last combo. Too dramatic and in-audible to include here, but, this video partially represents that. The ending segment of the video is the last string from us all that fine day. Great memory video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UhcZi3rLcI

--

Still getting over jetlag and a non-functioning hand, so I'm going to crash and perhaps wake up at 3:00 am or 3:00 pm. We'll see. Hence the early submission for this one.
Jay Boychuk

Muffinman
the gimp

Re: Joulukalenteri 2013 - Day 8: Last Canada, Season Ender

Post by Muffinman » 07 Dec 2013 19:31

Damn.
Huge smile on my face after that last clip. Full hack nuclear ducking :) You guys.
Incredible shred and nice to see the Tuukka tribute. Really sick stuff. I kind of just wish the Joulukalenteri was all just videos of you and your Finnish friends, Jay. I have a feeling it mostly will be. But still. Can't get enough. Ridiculous. Super inspiring. The other thing that stuck out to me the most in this video was that I think that BSOSed nemesis in the beginning was the cleanest/juiciest I've ever seen. So deep.
Thanks again :)

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 07 Dec 2013 19:35

I am spoiled!
Mathieu Gauthier

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 07 Dec 2013 22:59

I honestly felt like crying after Season Ender. That was absolutely gorgeous. Amazing shred in such a beautiful wilderness location. Of course the nature science nerd in me got excited and yelled "Sphagnum Moss!" when you dropped the footbags on the moss bed. Fun fact: A bog is classified as a bog if it has Sphagnum Moss growing in it. While I'm on that topic, carnivorous plants grow exquisitely well in Sphagnum Moss. Did you see any where you were kicking? Your life changes once you spot carnivorous plants in the wild. But anyway, I've gotta download that video. It was amazing in so many ways.

The Last Canada session was amazing. It was fun seeing the stoketivity in EVERYONE when you were all ducking Nukes. Loved hearing the commentary too. It was really fun to watch you 3 kicking together. T'was a good shred team. Going to watch both again 5 more times, then go to bed :P

Thanks Jay, Anssi, and Johnny.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Jana
Circle Kicker

Post by Jana » 08 Dec 2013 07:08

Awesome season-ender, I have completely forgotten that you guys were filming it. The atmosphere of the video was breathtaking. Now I really miss playing outdoors :x
Also many thanks belong to Michelle for the endless filming!

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 11 Dec 2013 07:22

Season Ender is like one of my favorite videos..... great edit, great vibe, tells a story and the tricks were :footbag:
SHRED HARD!

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 11 Dec 2013 07:30

THE LAST VIDEO WAS SO DENSE.... JAY ..wow ....the more shred from you that gets posted the better.... machine I like how Anz's runs were so dense and long he went down after them..... AND JOHNNY FOOTAGE..... 8O
SHRED HARD!