im new to the site

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
CodyG
Circle Kicker

im new to the site

Post by CodyG » 13 Jul 2008 20:17

hey, i have been shreding for, two months, but up until a week ago, i was using a crocheted, pellet bag. So i got a new sand bag, and well, ive basically had to start over. I am going slowly, as in the last week i have been ony working on my inside kicks till i get them perfect, then the same with my out kicks, and so on, so any tips?

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 13 Jul 2008 21:39

In that "I'm new what do I do?" sticky up top, the second post in there is a decent one written by Matt, one of the better footbag teachers in our sport. Other than that, keep those inside kicks up both sides, and then I'd start learning toe and inside delays.

I honestly wouldn't worry about outside kicks or outside stalls too much right now unless you're really hyped on having a game with tons of outside stalls which not many people do. Even skipping those now, you can always come back to them later and they're a ton easier to master once you're better at the game.

To stall or delay the bag, lower your foot right when the bag's about to touch it, so it kinda goes down with it and cushions the bag. I'd say go for toe stall first, then try it on your other foot, then try to go back and forth from one foot to the other using toe stalls. Then maybe give Around the World a shot, and then start trying to learn your inside stalls.

Once you have that stuff down you should have a firm enough grasp on footbag to start learning everything through this site pretty easily. Good luck bud!
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

CodyG
Circle Kicker

Post by CodyG » 14 Jul 2008 09:27

yea, i found that outside kicks arent all that hard anyway