Hello!

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
Tobacco
Circle Kicker

Hello!

Post by Tobacco » 29 Oct 2010 06:56

My name is Jordan, and I am from Wisconsin.

I used to footbag in high school and after (2005-era) but dropped it for aggressive rollerblading. Well, recently I've suffered 2 hernias and one re-open, and possibly a third separate hernia. All which could be contributed to rollerblading, but I am not sure.

Just looking for a low contact sport, one that wont stress the body as much as skating has (throwing a five down a eleven stair set isn't all that good for your abdomen wall)...

I frequented the forum back then as well, when it was Modified.ca, but here I am, back again... 23 and willing to start from scratch. :D

Need to shed a few pounds from not skating for "x" amount of time, but I'm patiently awaiting my dirt bag and mr. sandbag from world footbag.

Looking to make my place in this nice community!

Fade2black
Multidex Master

Post by Fade2black » 30 Oct 2010 13:51

Welcome back man,
Hope you enjoy freestyle as much as you did rollerblading,
Be sure to update us on your progress!

PoisonTaffy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by PoisonTaffy » 31 Oct 2010 05:49

I think the most important aspect about aggressive inline is to learn how to fall well. I never did, so I dropped inline too, after getting a bleed every session stopped being fun.

I remember bleeding just once in footbag, when a pointy shoelace eyelet cut the back of my leg during drifter.

I know you'll appreciate this aspect of footbag as much as I do :)
"Childhood is short, immaturity is forever"

Roy Klein

Tobacco
Circle Kicker

Post by Tobacco » 01 Nov 2010 10:19

PoisonTaffy wrote:I think the most important aspect about aggressive inline is to learn how to fall well. I never did, so I dropped inline too, after getting a bleed every session stopped being fun.

I remember bleeding just once in footbag, when a pointy shoelace eyelet cut the back of my leg during drifter.

I know you'll appreciate this aspect of footbag as much as I do :)
I didn't have the issue of not learning how to fall, it was more of the "Wow, I'm out of skating for 3 months multiple times, watch everyone get WAY better then me" issue. :lol:

And Fade2black, thanks. I'm looking forward to getting back into scene!