Honor America Days Jam, Rome NY, July 31st

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
hrdcorethndr1
Shredaholic

Honor America Days Jam, Rome NY, July 31st

Post by hrdcorethndr1 » 25 Apr 2010 11:47

Every year Rome New York holds an event in which many hundreds of people attend from Rome and the surrounding cities in central new york;
Honor America Days
This event comes to a climax on July 31st where there is a parade in the morning, and throughout the day many people swarm to a local attraction and wait for the syracuse symphony to perform at around 9pm and the fireworks in the evening. Many hot dog, fried dough, and snow cone stands set up and do business.
This year, footbaggers could add some flare and promote footbag to the hundreds of people that attend.
And if your not into promoting and just into coming into Rome for a day of Footbag, fun, and junkfood, come on down and enjoy.

If anyone is interested, i can be reached by pm or email.
and if anyone needs crash space for the night i can most likely provide room for you, just let me know if you are interested.

I also wanted to post a pictue here to give a feel for the number of people that go:
Multiply that picture by about 4, this only shows right in front of where the orchestra perform

This is the address of the fort which is basically where the event is held, there is free parking nearbye
Fort Stanwix National Monument
112 E. Park Street
Rome, NY 13440

Rome new york is east of syracuse and is about 5 hours from new york city

Hope to see you there,
Zach
Zachary Morgan

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 25 Apr 2010 12:54

BAM I'm there. 8)
Pat Thomsen
Syracuse, New York - The connecting point to footbaggers in the NE and Canada. We make pancakes and air conditioners.

GoodleShoes
Hack Fiend

Post by GoodleShoes » 29 Apr 2010 07:02

I can't wait for this! I'll be helping out with this in some way, no idea how yet though.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... k&t=h&z=11

Well there's where it is. Helping out already.
Mason Clark
Central New York

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 29 Apr 2010 08:06

Mason, the best way you could help is to make your contact info known to those who are coming (ie: cell phone) and leave your phone on the day of the event, and do not let it leave your side. If you're having more than just a few people coming in to town, your phone is probably going to be ringing off the hook.

I hope to be traveling on the west coast by that time, but if I'm not, I'll be there!
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

hrdcorethndr1
Shredaholic

Post by hrdcorethndr1 » 29 Apr 2010 09:45

It would be cool if you could come Matt, but i know your going to be busy and all.

This is going to be a day of footbag fun, come on down to Rome and jam. :D

On another note, my contact number is 315-six one seven-3309, and it is a cell phone so i can be reached by text or phone call. Anyone can contact me there if they want to know more.
Zachary Morgan

GoodleShoes
Hack Fiend

Post by GoodleShoes » 29 Apr 2010 12:32

Oh, sure. My number is 315-335-3159. Text first and if you can't text you can reach me at 315-336-4787 but my mom will answer. If you can't reach Zach, I'll be happy to get a call with information, but I'm not too keen on directions, sorry.
Mason Clark
Central New York

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 09 Jul 2010 13:30

bump?

This still happening?
Pat Thomsen
Syracuse, New York - The connecting point to footbaggers in the NE and Canada. We make pancakes and air conditioners.