New Years Jam - Chicago - Dec. 18-20, 2010

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
Lycanthrope
BSOS Beast

Post by Lycanthrope » 22 Dec 2010 12:43

drunk evan and shred evan in that order. lol
Evan 'OP' Gatesman

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 22 Dec 2010 13:17

I was just watching the news and I saw that there was a plane crash today in Wheeling, IL. I know some people left late from the jam. I'm just hoping no one from NYJ was in the plane. Anyone know about it?
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 22 Dec 2010 16:26

acxel22 wrote:Hey I lost my Ipod USB connector either in the shred room or at Holly's place, if anyone has found one let me know

thanks
if it were at my place, where would you have plugged it in? if i dont find it i can mail you one anyway... i have like 4 of em
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 22 Dec 2010 16:51

thank you CIC i had a total blast an plan on attending next year.
thank you nick for getting us a place to stay in Ohio.
thank you to ever paid for an made the food on Sunday night, it was terrific

-request contest
-four square
-scoring on Seb an Evan in 2 square
-2 square finals
-hanging out an stitching with Brian an Waylon
-johns helicopter
-competing in circle next to Scott Davidson.
-killing a bottle of janger with Brian an Evan
-ducking my atomic
-traveling with great friends.
-making many new friends.

brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Post by brianbear » 22 Dec 2010 19:55

zachatree wrote: -killing a bottle of janger with Brian an Evan
in ten minutes! that was epic. followed by huge 20(ish) bag tricks.
soo many good memories and good times.
Thanks everyone!!! thanks jon for letting me crash at your place for 2 nights, and thanks for the siiiick fabric way and zach and for the sick shirt dante,
and to anyone who organized shred, sleeping arrangements, restaurant/store trips... just awesome.
Got my 2nd Matt Churney shirt, gonna sport it hard, hehe.
luckily i am not sick, get better soon everyone who is :)
brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 22 Dec 2010 20:25

one of my favorite NYJ's.

Thanks everyone who was there. Especially CIC, Scott, and Steve.

See you next year ;).
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 22 Dec 2010 22:29

Well if I was contagious then Brian would be sick- Because we made out, LOL. :oops: The dr said if i was on amoxycillin I wouldnt be contagious, but I think my toothbrush reinfected me or something.

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 23 Dec 2010 00:09

Just dropped off Zach J. at Union Station.

NYJ is officially over for me with the exception of Tim staying till Tuesday :-D
I want to write more later, but for now I just want to thank everyone for coming out. I appreciate that you guys took the time and cost and inconvenience of traveling to come to our city, and I get to hang with you all.

I remember people writing about Worlds withdrawal on facebook back in August, I think I will have some after this NYJ. Starting... now.

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 23 Dec 2010 13:07

PegLegHolly wrote:
acxel22 wrote:Hey I lost my Ipod USB connector either in the shred room or at Holly's place, if anyone has found one let me know

thanks
if it were at my place, where would you have plugged it in? if i dont find it i can mail you one anyway... i have like 4 of em
Well either on your dining table or on the little corner table in the living room

but no need to mail it, I got one left here
Mathieu Gauthier

MathieuGM
Fearless

Post by MathieuGM » 24 Dec 2010 07:07

Videos of the routines posted here :

http://www.modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=22033

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 26 Dec 2010 12:25

Thanks for the videos, Mat! Can't wait to see the other videos you took!

Found a white/beige towel at my place... who lost it? Also, Mathieu I found your iPod cord.
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 26 Dec 2010 20:37

How about people start posting some pictures?

I didn't have a camera this year so I don't have any pictures to look back on.
zach jahner

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 28 Dec 2010 06:20

Thanks again for throwing this; I had a great time.

Small write up in my blog.

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 28 Dec 2010 12:06

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 28 Dec 2010 13:02

I don't remember wearing net shoes...

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 28 Dec 2010 13:09

I posted a short write-up here.

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 29 Dec 2010 17:20

COMPETITION RESULTS

Thanks to Dragonfly Footbags for coming out and putting up cash money for all 3 main events. Thanks to Dragonfly Footbags and Kolo Sport for sponsoring shirts and footbags.

2-SQUARE
  • 1. Mathieu Giard-Montpetit
    2. Tom Kotsakos
    3. Steve Goldberg
    4. Sébastien Duchesne
CIRCLE CONTEST Video by Scott D.
  • 1. Evan Gatesman
    2. Ken Somolinos
    3. Sébastien Duchesne
    4. Zac Miley
ROUTINES video
  • 1. Ken Somolinos
    2. Evan Gatesman
    3. Reid Strellner
    3. Scott Davidson
    5. Brian Bear
REQUEST LINK that Reile, Hanna, Tim and I made. Link List
  • 1. Evan Gatesman - Highest level: 15 (paradox whirling swirl > bullwhip)
    2. Tom Kotsakos :-p - Highest level: 12 (gyro DLO > merlin)
    3. Dante Diotallevi - Highest level: 11 (smog > double switch over)
REQUEST TRICK Both Sides that Zac Miley and Matt Kemmer made.
  • 1. Evan Gatesman
    2. Matt Kemmer
    2. James Risden
Thanks again to following pimps for providing us with the luxurious Shred Room:
STEVE GOLDBERG - Big Pimp award and Silver Tongue award for getting it half priced.
Tim
Tom
Evan
Reile
Tommy A
Zach J
Jamez
Zeke
Max
Nathan
Reid
Ken
Waylon
Mathieu GM

and thanks to Scott D.

enlightener
The Oldest Shredder

Post by enlightener » 30 Dec 2010 03:04

Circle Jam video at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCzgtgcf ... ata_player

Routines video is up, and More vids coming at:
YouTube.com/Footbagenlightener

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 01 Jan 2011 14:56

my nice camera died as soon as we got there an i forgot the charger.... so i didn't get to take any quality photos. ahh suucks.

but i did snap a few memory's with my iphone tho.

got some more but my phone froze loading them on to photobucket....

enlightener
The Oldest Shredder

Post by enlightener » 02 Jan 2011 05:33

NYJ 2010 Thank You's!
Freestyle Footbag enthusiasts from around the world gathered from December 18-20 at the Hyatt McCormick Place to jam until their legs couldn't take it anymore! We played all day and night for 3 days, and I met many new faces, and got to catch up with some old friends in the process.

This event could not have happened without the support of many people. I wanted to put out thank you's to everyone and I hope I didn't leave anyone out...

Thanks to the players that showed up at 10am at the site so we could start teaching and make the site look alive.

Thanks to Chicago's Mayors Office of Special Events for providing the site, fencing, electricity, tables and chairs... and for the whole assemblage of excellent mini-events that make up this amazing event! AWESOME!

Thanks to Kevin Cronk for coming down from Petosky Michigan with his family to join us, just like old times when I met Kevin back in 1990. Two old skoolers, still playing. Time flies when you're having fun.

Thanks to our new friends John and Sarah from Dragonfly Footbags who sponsored our event not only with enough footbags to give out to passersby who tried to play footbag, and for the great prizes... but also contributed cash prizes of $450 to make our players really go for it to win the cash!

We only handed out about 75 footbags this year to kids who took the time to try our sport. Compared to 450 two years ago. But the footbags were MUCH higher quality then the cheapo chinese footbags we were giving away, so that should be a better experience for all these kids who received a footbag from us.

Thanks to our players who jumped in and helped teach kids who wandered by, when I was busy doing other stuff. Even when played casually, our sport offers a great opportunity for kids to socialize with their friends while they get their 30 minutes of moderate exercise every day.

Thanks to our past sponsors such as World Footbag Association and Freedom Footbags who would have sponsored us if I had asked. Sorry I was lazy this year and didn't even ask for their support.

Thanks to KoloSport who donated a nice prize package for our players! Very awesome!

Thanks to Steve (Brat) Goldberg for hosting the Hospitality Suite again! He sacrificed his room so we would all have a place to hang out together and enjoy the times between our shreds. Brat also sponsored the Shred Room, and made that possible! I apologize for leaving on Sunday without specifically thanking Steve for coming out again! I had a great time getting to spend time around the Brat. Always a pleasure, and Thanks again!

Thanks to CIC for drumming up interest, for housing our players from out of town, for raising money to have the extra room the extra Monday to continue to play at the Hyatt Site for a third day! Specifically Tom Kotsakos, job well done.

Thanks to Modern Music of Lisle for providing affordable rental of sound systems. I wish Cory Current would have been at the event, he is the one who told us about Modern Music.

Thanks to Holly for cleaning up our Modified.in web post and making it look so awesome!

Some missing faces: Scot Hansen, Eric Cokee, Ted Martin, Steve Smith, Jay Claffey, PJ Lareau, Hacky Sack Jack, Larry Doyle (well, he died, but we still miss him terribly)...

Thanks to Valeria and Alex who put up with my obsessive behavior when it comes to the sport of footbag.

Thanks to all the players who took their valuable vacation time and spent it with us in Chicago. You are the reason these events are worth hosting year after year. It is a treat for me to have all these shredders in-town, as it is extremely difficult for me to travel to events these days. I hope I got to shred with everyone who was there, but I doubt it. I had a blast and thanks for coming to Chicago for the 2010 New Years Jam.

We are planning to make it an even bigger event next year, so start planning your trip now!

Note: It is VERY likely that the event dates will be prior to xmas again next year. This is because Xmas and NY fall on a Saturday in 2011. We will post official dates around July when it is announced by the city.

See ya next year!
-enlightener
Scott Davidson