BEANTOWN THROWDOWN 2011: August 12-14

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.

Best time?

down whenever kid
25%
May
20%
June/July
15%
august
30%
september/October
10%

Total votes: 20

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

BEANTOWN THROWDOWN 2011: August 12-14

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 10 Feb 2011 03:49

BEANTOWN THROW DOWN WORD THE FUCK UP

whos reppin':

Peter Bowler
Doug Tank
Kevin Hogan
BRUCE MO FUCKIN DOLE
David Owen Byers
Jonathan Schneider
Ian the phife
Kevin Lassar
Nasty Nate
Ben Cooke
Drew Martin
Charlie Brickham
Will Digges
Waylon Lew
Drew K. :!:
Mike Toolan, unfortunately

Tenitive:
bunch of beeeches man up!

Petes phone- six one seven-894-0797
Hogans phone (holla at me for a ride, throw me bills/nug/ya mothah) nine seven eight 930 1075

PETES ADDRESS/PLACE TO PUKE
32 raven street, boston ma, 02125

beast ass post:
Friday night is casual hang out at my place, those that really want to can kick nearby but i dont totally recommend it.
Saturday if its not raining we'll be kicking outside all day near my house at http://maps.google.com/maps/place?rls=c ... 9697985909
Joe Moakley Park on a nice bouncy track, or possibly on the beach across the street. Id like to start competitions early afternoon around 1-2 PM, but the idea im fishing is that we will start comps WHEN MOST PEOPLE PLAYING ARE WARMED UP AND READY. what a novel idea. it'll be a lot like in NYC last month (ie, casual) Were doing Circle, Sick 3, and Request if people want to (doug and kevin are working on competiton details) please let me know as soon as possible if you are competing. There will be NO intermediate competitions unless we get miraculously flooded with intermediates. assume there will be NO INTERMEDIATE COMPS, OPEN ONLY.
If its raining, we will be playing at a small gym, also very close to my house. waiting for confirmation to give address, will have that by tuesday.
people can play for as long as they want, as people finish we will start eating at my place, then whoever wants to can caravan over to http://www.bostonbowl.com/ for bowling and pool. party at my place after, nighttime shred possible but would have to be outside. also possibly thinking of hitting my favorite bar saturday night if anyone wants to. remember, good amount of crash space at my place, overflow can stay with doug or downstairs at my parents where it will be very quiet and relaxing, my parents are EXTREMELY hospitable and will take good care of anyone staying there (no smoking (weed, and no cigs inside) or drinking at my parents).
Sunday we'll get up hopefully around 1030 and take the train and cars downtown for shred, etc etc. then everyone goes home.
Last edited by h0ag3yb3atZ on 04 Aug 2011 11:27, edited 7 times in total.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Rieferman
Flower Child

Post by Rieferman » 10 Feb 2011 05:55

With Funtastiks being no more, it may be worth considering a summer time jam to fill the void for east coasters (but don't limit yourself to the holiday weekend as that was actually a pain in the neck for college students that started classes on labor day each year). Just food for thought.

Otherwise, I'll try to make whatever date you guys pick. Really glad to hear you're doing this again.
Bob R.

MathieuGM
Fearless

Post by MathieuGM » 10 Feb 2011 12:27

The only time i would be able to make it is may.

Also depend of someone else in montreal wanna drive there!

Mat

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 10 Feb 2011 13:04

i dont think i can make it all the way out there...plus theres no one cool to crash with and im pretty sure doug took sketchy pictures of me while i was asleep last time.

ya know what, fuck it, i'll do it :wink:

but for real, theres more varied crash space this year, better party spot, and most importantly, previous experience. i think early may would be good because it gives us a little time but hopefully it wouldnt be too close to finals. input plz.
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Post by g00d33 » 10 Feb 2011 16:18

Rieferman wrote: (but don't limit yourself to the holiday weekend as that was actually a pain in the neck for college students that started classes on labor day each year).
+1

I'd like to make it this time around
John Goode

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 10 Feb 2011 18:21

I don't know Pete if it's in may I'm probably not going to be able to help out much.

It being the replacement for funtastiks sounds sick though, I guess we can talk about this on sunday.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 10 Feb 2011 19:37

regardless of date i will be there.

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 10 Feb 2011 20:52

^^^ + 1 ^^^

Well, I'll probably be able to come when-ever, but the more advanced notice the better. BeanTown Throwdown #1 was pretty damn awesome, and I'm psyched that there will be a BeanTown Throwdown 2.

The trip really isn't that far, and I expect that, like last time, there will be a decent contingent of "New York Footbag Association" (NYFA - "the stupidest club") players interested in driving up (with me, or in their own vehicles). We all learned the hard way last time that Connecticut is NASTY during rush-hour, but that's not gonna stop us --- it just means we'll plan better this time.

I can only suggest that warmer months are better, so that we can play outdoors. And I'll also suggest that you try to avoid any sort of Holidays. I've seen some tournaments totally bomb because of holidays like Mothers' Day...
Last edited by Outsider on 11 Feb 2011 13:31, edited 1 time in total.
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 11 Feb 2011 07:10

yeah, good points jon. always very much appreciate your input, and others as well.

hogan: if we plan well enough in advance and get stuff together early me and doug should be able to handle most of the stuff leading up to the jam...we'll see. we gotta have a sit down sunday to hash it out for sure.

less comps this time too. i can almost gurantee my mom will put up for a famous lasagna dinner again. keep the input comin!
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

Dio
BSOS Beast

Post by Dio » 11 Feb 2011 08:15

I'd love to come out to Boston for this! I am only in Kingston until mid-June, and I finish the first part of my summer job on the 12th of June so I would be able to come sometime after that.

It would be ideal if the jam were sometime between June 12th and June 20th since Kingston is MUCH closer to Boston than my residence in Stratford.

Johnny
Post Master General

Post by Johnny » 11 Feb 2011 11:15

dante if you arent in kingston at the time maybe you could pull some strings and bring justin beiber
Johnny Suderman

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 12 Feb 2011 06:01

Johnny wrote:dante if you arent in kingston at the time maybe you could pull some strings and bring justin beiber
If Justin Bieber is there, I will fight through the gates of hell to come to this event :)

But for serious, I would love to try and come. June/July would be the worst for me probably. But I will do my best to make it whenever it is! I was pretty bummed I missed the last one.
Adrienne Craver

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 13 Feb 2011 10:53

I'm down for anytime. NYFA will be in effect.
Drew Martin

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 13 Feb 2011 19:51

may sucks for me, besides that I have no idea if I could make it either.
Mathieu Gauthier

Chase
Shredaholic

Post by Chase » 14 Feb 2011 06:29

2nd week of May would work best for me. I'm not saying i'm guaranteed to show, but I'm all alone up here so i would more than likely jump on the opportunity for an event!
Chase Card-Burns

Dio
BSOS Beast

Post by Dio » 14 Feb 2011 14:24

I'm actually thinking of recruiting Bieber for the footbag scene in Stratford. And through him I hope to get Usher into the sport. Maybe that will help our image.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 14 Feb 2011 23:39

I'm down for the trip to Boston. Zach Hoffa, Bob Riefer, and I are trying to set up a jam for PA when it gets warmer too.

And Dante, apparently Usher plays hacky sack already

There are pictures on Nucleus Footwear's facebook, where they say that they met and kicked with Usher before his show. Pretty sweet.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 543&ref=ts
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 20 Feb 2011 17:31

we're looking at the weekend of the 17th of may possibly. whatdoyous say?
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 21 Feb 2011 09:22

That weekend works for me.
Drew Martin

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 21 Feb 2011 10:51

I'm confused...

May 17 is a Tuesday. Do you mean the weekend before that, May 14 and 15, or did you mean the weekend after that, May 21 and 22?

Then again, it doensn't matter that much -- they're both okay with me, I guess.
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP