Your First Footbag

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
CueNewPassion
Circle Kicker

Your First Footbag

Post by CueNewPassion » 07 Jul 2010 13:06

I just got my very first footbag in the mail today-- an 8-panel dirtbag. I'm already extremely attached to it. So, it got me wondering about other peoples' "first."

What was your first footbag? Did you get it from a friend? Online? Maybe you found it somewhere and just started 'hacking' it?

Post some pics, if you want. Let's see how ripped/dirty/drained the pros' oldest footbags are :D

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 07 Jul 2010 13:43

Zeke

Funny movie titles if the movie were about poop:
Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

WyrmFyre
Fearless

Post by WyrmFyre » 07 Jul 2010 23:26

I still remember my first so well. She ws a little stiff when she got here, but a gentle massage soon got her loosened up. We spent many happy weeks together, but as always happens, things changed. She started getting very rough around the edges, wouldnt wash. We were together for a few months, but I gave her away to some kid at the beach who showed a bit of interest.

I cant believe she left so easily. She didnt even look back. Its like... its like she just never cared. *sob* im sorry, i dont want to talk about it anymore, the pain still runs deep :(

But seriously, mine was a 32 panel sandbag from this company. They dont stock the one i had anymore.

http://kemariworld.com/products/footbags
Ian Cozens
My FootBlog :: PureShred

CueNewPassion
Circle Kicker

Post by CueNewPassion » 08 Jul 2010 10:15

Traumatic story... I bet a part of you died that day, too.

hahah :D

Dave Soderberg
Hack Fiend

Post by Dave Soderberg » 08 Jul 2010 11:59

My first bag I got at pacific sunwear. It wasn't a bad bag for a beginner seeing as I had no idea about freestyle. I remember my first record of kicking it 9 times in a row(one sided of course). It was one of the many bags I got taken away from in school. Teachers are Nazi's about footbag in school.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 08 Jul 2010 12:08

my first hack was a guatemalan from a local hippie head shop. It cost $9. 2-3 days later, a kid from my cross country running team was kicking it as high as he could in the gym at my school, up toward the rafters. I asked him to stop, because it would get stuck. He said "It's not gonna get stuck!" and kicked it as hard as he could.

Guess what happened?

;)

lesson learned - don't let asshole kids that will not respect your bags use them. At least it was a cheap bag I lost that way - not that I haven't lost better bags for similar reasons.

(also a few of those times, I was the "asshole kid" who didn't respect his own bag, too, so don't be that kid either ;) )
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Ramen God
Multidex Master

Post by Ramen God » 09 Jul 2010 14:59

Surprisingly, my first is in good condition, and I still have it. it was a horrible crocheted sack (Doesn't deserve the title of footbag) that I got at a Pow-Wow filled with rocks and what looked like a plastic bag. If I find it I will post a pic. A couple days later, I bought my dirtbag, which I learned a lot on.

Woo, 100th post!

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 13 Jul 2010 20:12

My first bag was an ADIDAS bean-filled bag my Dad bought me when I was like 5 or 6 at some sporting goods store. We pretty much just played "hitty-with-your-handy-sack" in the living room because I was still a demented young child whose motor skills hadn't quite developed yet. But once I hit 5th grade, I was kicking it on the playground with friends.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Ramen God
Multidex Master

Post by Ramen God » 14 Jul 2010 04:25

GAH! Why can't I find that stupid footbag!

baserock love
Hack Fiend

Post by baserock love » 21 Sep 2010 18:23

I was house sitting for a friend when i was about 11 and i found an original first run hacky sack with instructional booklet still in the package. It was made of the thickest, most stiff leather i had ever seen, very egg shaped and filled to the brim with beads and hard as a rock. I don't think anybody on this earth could get that thing to kick straight.
Dave Soderberg wrote: It was one of the many bags I got taken away from in school. Teachers are Nazi's about footbag in school.
Heh. They actually banned hackysack in my junior high. They decided they could be used as dangerous weapons if thrown at somebody so the whole district banned them.
Colin Arjuna Davenport

Check out my footblog and help guide me. So many tricks to learn, not sure where to go next.

http://www.modified.in/footbag/viewtopi ... 508#451508

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 30 Sep 2010 06:10

I know this is waaay late, but Zeke, is that actually your NSYNC bag? If so, where did you get it? I must have one!

To actually add to the discussion, mine was a red and black sandman. I never played hacky sack and Vince Bradley gave it to me when he lived across the street from me. I lost it; don't remember how but I was super bummed when I did.
Adrienne Craver

BryanFournier
Shredalicious

Post by BryanFournier » 05 Oct 2010 20:22

Last edited by BryanFournier on 01 Mar 2011 17:19, edited 1 time in total.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 05 Oct 2010 20:56

One of my friends gave it to me for my birthday. A Guatemalan crocheted bag. I guess I'd have to say it turned out to be the best present I've ever got.

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 13 Oct 2010 13:23

colefieldhouse22 wrote:I know this is waaay late, but Zeke, is that actually your NSYNC bag? If so, where did you get it? I must have one!
Yes that is an actual NSYNC bag I own. It was a Christmas gift from a few years back for my collection.

On topic...
My first footbag was a Sipa Sipa that was green on top, red on the bottom with a yellow stripe down the middle. They used to be available in shopping malls in a clear plastic cube container.
Zeke

Funny movie titles if the movie were about poop:
Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 13 Oct 2010 13:27

dangit...

Zeke