Footbag Fabric

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.

What's the best Fabric?

Suede
100%

Total votes: 2

billyg
Hack Fiend

Footbag Fabric

Post by billyg » 12 Oct 2011 03:28

I'm looking for good materials for making footbags with. I know suede is good, but where can I get good, brightly-colored, suede? I've tried corduroy, but it seems to fray around the edges. Is suede the overall best? I'm just looking for some random tips for successful fabric use and where to get them.
Billy G.

WyrmFyre
Fearless

Post by WyrmFyre » 12 Oct 2011 07:26

Go to www.fieldsfabric.com and buy ultrasuede light if your looking to make a serious 32 panel footbag

Feel free to experiment with anything else you find though. My first attempts were with some old jeans I cut up. Terrible for freestyle, but i made a nice set of three juggling balls, and the textures and general wear and tear you get on denim look great :D
Ian Cozens
My FootBlog :: PureShred

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 12 Oct 2011 13:06

different sorts of suede have proven to work best so far. micro suede, ultra suede, amaretta (wich is also some kind of suede as far as i understand)... but totally use what you want. i basicly used every kind of fabric i could get my hands on. some was good (f.e. swimgearfabric) some was total crap... its up to you after all!

but handmade "pro"-footbags you can buy on this forum are ussually made from ultrasuede light.
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig