Post your Shoes..

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 15 Jul 2009 10:06

The Rod Laver Tennis Shoe, also used for the sport of Freestyle Footbag. These puppys' come well equipped with a thin mesh toe/clipper area and a great sole for good stability on those slippery gang filled streets, all in a lightweight shoe that can easily be thrown onto a telephone wire. With this shoe you will be able to hit any Freestyle footbag trick imaginable, seriously. Its guaranteed that you will be able to hit 10 adds with ease while wearing this shoe. Even if you dont have a footbag. Yes, its also the first Tennis/Footbag/Moon Walk/StallsAnything shoe. And you can have it for just 99 cents. Thats all! Just 58 easy payments of 99 cents. And I know what you folks are saying "wow, only 58 payments of 99 cents? and you can reenact Michael Jacksons Moon Walk with them, and hit Ripped Warrior with a paperback copy of Steven Kings IT!!! This shoe must be the best!"

And your right, because it is the best. (Call within the next 30 milliseconds and we will throw in a stick of used deoderant and toe nail clippings)

{This infomercial has been brought to you by the mind of Jordan Alejandro}

<3

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 15 Jul 2009 21:24

Current shred shoes. Far left pair of Quantums is my first pair. Still brimming with life. Needs a paint job on one of the shoes. My main shred shoe are the black Quantums on the right. Might need to get a pair that's a half-size/one size larger.

Modded pair of Nastase Milleniums. The toe is weird but feasible for shred (spandex-y material). Might need to trim the toe walls, dunno.

Clipper reinforced with silicon caulk.

I just had this pair lying around the house and thought about modding them two weeks ago. The mods were easy; one hour tops for both the toe and clipper for both shoes. Slightly heavier than the G-unit, maybe? They're really comfy, but really bulky. Only had two sessions with them.
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

hrdcorethndr1
Shredaholic

Post by hrdcorethndr1 » 23 Jul 2009 10:40

My rod lavers, the black pair just came today.

Sorry its so big
Zachary Morgan

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 23 Jul 2009 11:22

Wow, those are sweet! I've never seen the white mesh with red sole. Where did you get them?
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 24 Jul 2009 08:55

Are those black Lavers heavy? And what is the material on the sides? Are they like mesh, or some sort of tough cloth exterior?
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 24 Jul 2009 09:30

Waylon there kind of like leather. A little softer but it's not mesh. I've checked these shoes out at a local foot locker once. Shames me that I didn't get them. From what I remember, they seemed to be about the same weight as regular leather lavers, maybe slightly lighter.
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website
Pm me for details about Munster Bags!

g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Post by g00d33 » 24 Jul 2009 12:32

I have a pair of those black ones. They are heavier than the mesh. I've heard the material defined as 'perforated.' I guess its a tougher material. They're not bad though
John Goode

matt_bailey
Multidex Master

Post by matt_bailey » 13 Aug 2009 04:11

boo ya!

i was so excited when these arrived today

£13 or around $20 off ebay including shipping!!!

still deciding whether to:

a) use for footbag
b) use for casual
c) dedicate a room in my house to a shrine upon which i will place them, worshipping them every morning and night
Matt Bailey

"what's up gov'ner!?"

WyrmFyre
Fearless

Post by WyrmFyre » 13 Aug 2009 04:21

Matt, you got em, sweeeeet!

Youve gotta shred in them. Adidas dont know it but thats their purpose in life!
Ian Cozens
My FootBlog :: PureShred

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 13 Aug 2009 06:55

use them as casual for two years, then shred them after they are in prime condition from walking.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

M4rQu5
Hack Fiend

Post by M4rQu5 » 16 Aug 2009 08:05

ImageImageImageImage
Image BAM!
Thanks to Elias with the rad coloring!
Last edited by M4rQu5 on 30 Aug 2009 02:59, edited 1 time in total.
Markus Parviainen
CL: Basics and the strenghtening of them

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 16 Aug 2009 18:19

I would never mod my carp Lavers, Matt, but there's a fine line between casual and modded shoes when it comes to footbag. Especially with an exacto knife and a meticulous eye. :)
NYFA represent.

WyrmFyre
Fearless

Post by WyrmFyre » 16 Aug 2009 18:59

Tis 3:45 am here in the UK and im bored so heres my shoes :D

left are my long suffering heavy airwalks, in which i can clipper but can barely dex. On the right, my canvas airwalks in which I cant clipper, but can dex. Sweet irony!

However...

Thanks to matt bailey and ebay, these should be with me in the next couple of days :D
Ian Cozens
My FootBlog :: PureShred

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 20 Sep 2009 20:25

Black with White trim

g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Post by g00d33 » 21 Sep 2009 09:20

Awesome shoes! They turned out really well
John Goode

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 29 Sep 2009 10:57

What did you use on your shoes, Jordan?
NYFA represent.

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 29 Sep 2009 19:08

Wasabi wrote:What did you use on your shoes, Jordan?
A Paint Marker w/ a huge tip.
Sharpie for Details.

Pros..
Very quick coloring, took about 2 hours. Would of been shorter if I didnt put so much detail into the shoe and just colored the whole thing black. (thought they looked pretty cool with the white trim, so I left it like that, and worked around it. Another couple great things was, most of the surfaces still look completely black even after shred and there is no smell left behind from the paint marker.

Cons..
The tongue/toe surface is fading away, and the paint stains my white socks with black lines everywhere.. Its cool though, the shoes look amazing in person and i dont mind the sock issue, its not like it matters anyway (no one can see my socks!!!) Just a warning if you plan on using paint markers.

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 01 Oct 2009 21:03

Not sure if it works on shiny white mesh, but try using a fabric marker to color in the white part next time. For one, you don't get that copper tone that you would get from a permanent marker (although I'm not sure if there is an after-sheen when it comes to a paint marker. Second, they work great for adding color on the sole of the shoe. I've used a fabric marker extensively on black Quantums with plenty of success in removing scuff marks on the sole.

You can get fabric markers at your local art/paint shop.
NYFA represent.

Toasty
Shredaholic

Post by Toasty » 15 Nov 2009 14:45

Here are mine, showing some support for my local footbag scene. :D

Brandin Sharp Image

C3$@R
Circle Kicker

Post by C3$@R » 19 Nov 2009 16:43