Wasabi: M(s)+J = BLAST

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 03 Jun 2009 01:18

Don't judge girls on their former boyfriends. Seriously. You will never like a girl you are in love withs former boyfriends anyways. And thus always judge the girl too hard.

I enjoyed reading your post. There is something really strong in the meeting between the two genders that are present when the meeting is a succes and when it's failure. I think you potrayed that well.

How old are you?

edit: Waylons post quoted because I stole a new page
Wasabi wrote:Today, a girl I know was coming back from Philly to see her folks. Her hometown has always been in Philadelphia, but I suppose a more accurate description would be that her home was actually at Tompkins Square. Tompkins Square is a place full of degenerates, addicts and wanderers much like Union Square. It is a place to hang out, socialize, strut and punk out while under the influence. That is if you want to be under a drug influence; the culture in of itself is a unique culmination of a people with similar sentiments and backgrounds of the society they live in. Sentiments full of negativity to that society, where the plaza/square is the one harem they can find peace in.

On facebook, I read a note about this girl recently. Her ex, a 29 year-old homeless heroin addict, died in what seemed to be a drunken accident. He fell off a bridge one night two weeks ago. I felt uneasy reading this, and imagined what she was going through, but that thought lasted but a mere second when my own personal reality with death barged in. I know what she was going through and didn't need to think about it. Although we are relatable in the constancy of death toward those that are close to us, her connection to this death was a more intimate one. She knew him as a lover and like-minded soul, whereas my connectivity with death has been many but never an intimate one. My grandmother, friends, friends of friends, relatives and siblings of friends, have each left my sphere in their own way but never came in close proximity to my own needy significance. I soon felt envious of the closeness in her loss, but thought it absurd to think in that sense.

In the past... 3 weeks, the rose bush that grew in the small, trashy backyard of my home has recently bloomed with crimson delights. In those three weeks they have bloomed ever so slowly, until this day, where I decided that to cheer this girl up I would offer her a gift of roses. What I had extracted were stems of nearly wilted foliage or those that kept struggling to grow; they look much weaker than what I have seen outside the window in my room. There were maybe two that seemed full of vitality. Although I was somewhat disapponted by the condition of these roses, their petals still expressed a vibrancy of a rich red and fuschia. I felt my sentiments could still reach her.

Less than half a teaspoon of bleach. One part Sprite cola. Three parts tap water. A deep caramel glass bottle of Raspberry Heffeweizen which tastes horrible when slightly chilled lukewarm, but amazing when cold. Rubber band.

We agreed to meet at Union Square. I drank a tall iced black coffee at the local Starbucks, started reading this book called Polite Lies by Kyoko Mori, and hacked with this really ripped middle-aged [agile] man named Heili (sp?; pronounced Hi-lee). We kicked with the trademarked Hacky Sack 14-panel white/black bag. His consecutive kicks and flow were much like a combination of a net player and martial artist. An incarnation of Zeke of CIC. It was in this circle that made me miss Chicago, but we kicked in the rain with nothing but enjoyment in our minds. It was here that the disciplines of net and four-square made me smile, again.

I met up with the girl. We chatted. She sounded a little spaced out, but a ride back from Philly under these rainy conditions, from a small excursion to see her folks, would be exhausting without reason. She cheered up to see my gift, and in return, she gave me a cookie. It was delicious. Then her boyfriend came after maybe 5 minutes or so. My hopes dropped, but I kept a good attitude. My intentions for today was not to whoo her, but to cheer her up. She oggled and caressed him, and asked me if I wanted to buy pot (from him). I graciously refused.

Within 10 minutes after this encountered, my body left slowly. My mind had drifted away earlier in dissapointment - understandable at most, but still clinging in some ways to my body, at Union Square over her. In our conversations, we talked in breadths, catching up with the thoughts that related to the conversation, but in my complex belief I felt the silence that was shared in the experience of death. It was not mentioned, and it need not be said. Like the Japanese language filled with politeness and unmentioned intentions, our language was vagued for those few brief moments of conversation without her boyfriend's presence. The flowers have cheered her up, but in my own selfish way I wish I could receive her full sentiment (and in return my own). Polite and intentional, but aggravating and filled with frustration.

Plain speaking never felt more difficult.

The boyfriend. He is the cement wall that I could not jump, the skateboard that I could not olie, the crochet bag that I could not kick consecutively so that I may reach my own personal achievement. My own freedom. With her. But my intention was not to woo her, but to cheer her up. I suppose. I wish and hope the smile she expressed to me was not another mask of formality. These formalities that are so ungenuine and mechanical to the untrained eye. A facade that I wish would break for the better. If not within her, in me, because I desire so much to fully smile and bloom genuinely.

My feelings of intimacy are caged and alone within a voided space. It is unattainable and limitless. I wish to hold and caress it much like she was with his skinny calf. However, like the roses I had given her, their petals will eventually wilt and leave the body gradually until it is time to throw them away. Story of my life at present.

/emo vent.

PS: This post is pretty fragmented. Hopefuly no one will have any difficulty in dissecting my words. For the record, her boyfriend looks like an unhealthy, sketchy, doped-up scumbag, but I suppose the girl-in-question finds beauty in that grungy look. I do have feelings for her, but I'm not completely obsessed with her. I feel that, in the process of making this post, that there are things that cannot be controlled under your will. I can't force her to like me. She can choose whoever she falls in love with, even if he is a dirtbag.

As long as she is happy with the roses, that is enough. I'll move and continue walking forward along my own pace. I just wish there would be an event that would force me to intersect and cross my life with another more privately.

I guess this is a case of "let bygons be bygons." There are plenty of fish in the sea, but a part of me in this instance wants big-eyed tuna or Ahi, instead of trout and salmon. :| Oh well.

edit: Replaced "jealous" with "envious."

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 03 Jun 2009 08:20

I'm 24. She's 20. I don't mind age gaps unless they're like... 8-10 years apart. Ugh.

HEY GUYS! Especially those attending Montreal Open. There's a good chance I won't be able to make it because of some last minute changes to my carpool situation! A roundtrip Greyhound ticket is $140USD, and had I gotten the news a week before, I would have gotten a discounted fare stress free. But I just got the news this afternoon, and I am really aggravated.

I've been told over the phone that my ticket(s) can be paid in partial, but the ride up and back is about 8-9 hours in total. Going alone on a bus trip for this long is not something I want to do.

I'm clearly, absolutely upset at the news, but don't take my pessimism to heart. I hope everyone that is attending will have fun and enjoy themselves. I guess... I'll just go to Montreal next year.

PS: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK :!:
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 04 Jun 2009 16:52

A great bag to use for street-performance-style footbag: a small flexible crochet bag filled with poly pellets and BBs.

Had one of the best and most fun sessions this afternoon with Heili, Bruce and some hackers. Heili is an amazing player with these oldschool hack tricks and net moves. I love his style.

An asian girl, who was a friend of this annoying asian kid that was hacking with us, was ogling me the entire time. I think it was because I was sporting a black polo shirt, blue shorts and blue Lavers with white laces. I know, I was pimpin' HAWT. :wink:

Highlights (with this crochet bag):

-inside kick > egg
-shmo > tiltless + some BOP
-two-three clean paradons
-toe blur
-clip > calf bump > clip > opp clip rpt. x2

Had I not been playing in a hack circle, I would state how many contacts I've had in the strings I was busting, but I didn't want to be called out as a bag-hog. Hack hog? Something along those lines.

I need to go buy more polo-shirts. I feel like they're my most favorite shirt to wear for shred these days, other than my black Kolo-Sport jersey.

PS: I'm still figuring out my ride situation to Montreal. Drew Martin needs to wake up (yeah, I called you out on it :x), because there's no way a bicycle will and should take up the entire backseat. This was the whole debacle I had with him and his friend Dana (who is unfortunately, is the owner of the car and bicycle that is *expected* to be brought to Montreal) earlier this week. I don't get this: if you had known there would be a carpool being set-up to go to Montreal, why take a bike that would cram up any or all the passengers that are expected to drive with you? Can't you rent a bike up there? I mean, yeah, I have the option to take a bus to Warwick (2 hours north from NYC) to Paul Agostinelli's camp and hitch a ride with him to Montreal, but I asked Drew about this months in advance and he gave the okay. FRUSTRATING... :?
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 05 Jun 2009 07:30

Wasabi wrote:PS: I'm still figuring out my ride situation to Montreal. Drew Martin needs to wake up (yeah, I called you out on it :x), because there's no way a bicycle will and should take up the entire backseat. This was the whole debacle I had with him and his friend Dana (who is unfortunately, is the owner of the car and bicycle that is *expected* to be brought to Montreal) earlier this week. I don't get this: if you had known there would be a carpool being set-up to go to Montreal, why take a bike that would cram up any or all the passengers that are expected to drive with you? Can't you rent a bike up there? I mean, yeah, I have the option to take a bus to Warwick (2 hours north from NYC) to Paul Agostinelli's camp and hitch a ride with him to Montreal, but I asked Drew about this months in advance and he gave the okay. FRUSTRATING... :?
While I understand you are frustrated that you don't have an easy ride to Montreal, I think your anger is misplaced.

1. If you got a ride to Montreal, Dana would be doing you a big favor. As far as I know, she has no responsibility or duty to give you a ride. If she wants to help you out, great. If not, that's her choice. I don't understand where your sense of entitlement is coming from.

2. If it's Dana'a car, why are you "calling out" Drew? I'm sure he'd love to have you come up with him, but it sounds like the decision to bring a bike was Dana's, not his.

3. Owning a car has benefits and drawbacks. One of the benefits is that it is more convenient and faster than public transportation, especially for long trips. Amongst the drawbacks are the costs of upkeep, paying insurance, and finding a place to keep the car. Since it's Dana's car, she pays the costs of the drawbacks, but also get the benefits. Since you don't own Dana's car, you don't have to pay any of the costs, but you want to enjoy the benefits. This is understandable, and it's great when a friend can help you out with a ride, but when they can't, there's no reason to get angry with them.

I don't know if you've thought of this, but one possible solution might be to offer to pay your share of gas, and then offer to rent her a bicycle in Montreal for the weekend. If she has to leave her bike in NY in order to bring you up to Montreal, she's giving up something in exchange for nothing.

Anyway, it just seemed to me like your anger was misdirected, and didn't seem productive. Hopefully you can find a solution that is positive for everybody. I think the first step towards this is making an effort to understand the needs and costs of everybody involved.

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 05 Jun 2009 12:07

My thoughts were misplaced. In actuality, Drew and Dana will be driving back with the bike in tow, and it will cram most of the backseat and trunk in its space. Ashley will be seated on Barrett's lap to accomodate for the space the bike will take, which I don't/won't have the luxury of doing, so that's another disappointment for not getting a ride in with Drew's carpool.

I made the comment because I was a little pissed at the delivery of the news. The timing was just too awkward for me to handle, because I like to plan things two weeks in advance. Additionally, there are only two possible people in NYC that has a car willing to go to Montreal, and that is Drew and Ben. Ben won't be in NYC during his arrival into Montreal, so that leaves me with Drew, and I had the confidence that I will have a smooth trip into the event with local friends. I was definitely taken aback when I got the unexpected phone call explaining the change. My mind was fixated with "bicycle" and "you can't go to Montreal with us." :?

For Dana, to have her get a bike into NYC is a rightful and economical choice, and I shouldn't obstruct her in doing so. I didn't mean to, because I once thought she was going to bring the bike to Montreal. Drew explained to me over the phone how difficult her transportation route is from her place to her work, and having a bike can cut her frustration down to nearly half-hour or more.

For the record, I never hitch a ride in a friend's car unless I absolutely pay my share of the gas and toll bills. That's just one of the many known etiquettes of the road, and I abide by them because I'm a passenger that is willing to help (not mooch).

And really, again with the timing, it came a day after I was recovering from my awkward experience with this girl at Union Square. To sum it all up, well... I'm a dick that can't really control his emotions. And I can't help it.

Maybe I'll be able to get a ride with Drew and Dana TO Montreal, or with Paul, but on the ride BACK to NYC I'm still discussing it with Ben Cooke. I hope he has a spot for me in his ride. I'm going to have a talk with them tomorrow.
NYFA represent.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 07 Jun 2009 10:52

Wasabi wrote:I'm a dick that can't really control his emotions. And I can't help it.
the world would be a much better place if more people were willing to admit this. I bet saying that kind of thing makes you more likely / able to control your emotions in the future anyway.

Hope you can make it. That would be sweet if you could ride up with the NYC crew and get something straightened out for the end. Hope to see you there, pally boy.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 08 Jun 2009 19:31

Travel plans have been settled. I'm taking a bus to Warwick to rendevous with Paul to Montreal, and I will be returning back to NYC on Monday (June 15) by train. The total cost of the tickets have been below $70 USD, but with the additional gas and toll fares that I will be helping with Paul, I assume the price would be around $100. Not bad. I'm currently deciding what book to bring for the return trip home; 11 hours await me from morning to night on Monday. Ugh.

I'm busy stitching bags. I have a love/hate mentality when it comes to stitching. I feel that stitching is in my blood and intellect, but I'm always conflicted to believe that I could be doing something better with my life than cloister myself with a needle and thread all/every evening. And even then, when I got my new, large, hybrid Oshbag in the mail today, I felt slightly conflicted as well. It was along the lines of "this is a seriously hot bag and I'm really glad I comissioned Jozef in making this for me" to "another bag to add to my collection." I mean, I really am enthusiastic about this bag, and it is one of the best ones I have at the moment (it feels and plays just as I want bags to), but I'm really surrounded with bags. They seem like individual entities trapped within a soccerball-patterned shell.

Beautiful, yet grotesque. Is this the price of being a creator?

So much rumination, so much time passes by like sand in the wind (reference to "Bill & Ted's Awesome Adventure").

I need to be more of an awesome & attractive guy to the ladies than a stitchin' & kickin' hermit.
NYFA represent.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 08 Jun 2009 19:43

can we get a picture of your entire bag collection?

see you in montreal.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

bdams19
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by bdams19 » 09 Jun 2009 05:45

gogogo epic footbag collection post! :D
Brian Damato
My Blog
NYFA

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 27 Aug 2009 14:58

Reviving the old footblog. :?

Found out that stepping hurts my knee. Go figure. Now I'm limiting myself from using that set, which sucks.

Been kicking tons with Ben Cooke. He's got the itch that even I can't put away with the shampoo. I'm not sure if I'm improving, since I still feel slightly one-sided, but maybe there's been some progression. Dunno.

I did hit bubbabeater a couple of times, and footed pegbeater sometime last night in the evening soloing. I can only egg on one side though.

Rekindled with my atomic set and my original love for it, thanks to some advice from Ken Somolinos. I think I can school it on my flip, since I don't need to be so aggressive with the set now (like with eggbeater).

Footed dimmiest sometime in the summer too.

I really have to ignite my interest for footbag again. Like, I like to play and whatever, but the adrenaline rush and wanting to push yourself into hitting more concepts and going for longer strings... I just can't seem to find the motivation somehow. I do want to drill on whirls, paradox whirls and double downs, but my clipper form isn't exactly ideal. And just thinking about drilling and redrilling clippers just to fixate my form can be troublesome.

Been sewing some at my own pace. My hands still shake and hurt a bit whenever I hold the needle. I've been playing videogames as a means of physical therapy, but it's slightly questionable. I'm not sure if it works, or if it's effective. But, it's safe to say that I haven't had any sharp pains on my fingers and palm for some time now, so maybe it helps to ease the tension just a bit.

I start classes again tomorrow. Well, hopefully, that is. I haven't registered for classes yet, but I checked today that the classes that I need have 2-3 open seats available. I just hope that I can register them in time so that I can take them and pay the tuition as I go along. From there, I just need to write an appeal for one other class for unfinished work, and hope to get graded for that. And then file for graduation. I feel nervous already. :?
NYFA represent.

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 29 Aug 2009 17:25

Well, I WAS going to start classes yesterday, but I failed to submit a readmission form for the Fall term in time (considering I took a break from college for the Spring of this year). Sooooooo... bummer. Can't register for any classes this Fall. :(

I guess I'll take this time to e-mail professors about finishing up whatever incompletes I can manage. It's difficult in its own small little way, because I'm not so fond of literature like I did, say, 2 years ago, because what's usually covered in course work is whatever that is listed under the great American canon. And I'm not really interested in reading and analyzing works that are in the canon.

And to add more salt to the wound, tropical storm Danny has made NYC a wet/cold weekend. I didn't feel up to playing any footbag today because it felt unusually cold around the afternoon. It had rained for most of the morning with heavy skies. The rain stopped at around 12:30-1pm and the sun picked up at around 3-4pm in the afternoon. I'm not sure what the weather will be like for tomorrow, but I'm hoping it would prove better than it did today. I had a pretty big migraine from the shift in atmospheric pressure.

So, I took to playing some videogames today. "Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions" for the PSP, to be exact. I mistakenly deleted my saved data of 235+ hours sometime in the middle of this week, and I felt really depressed about it. So, I picked the game up again and started a new game, except this time I used a patching program called FFTPatcher to modify the .ISO somewhat for a different turn of playability. It's aight, as far as I can see. I've spent most of my afternoon just testing for bugs in the game.

Right now I'm cutting out panels and will soon pump out some bags for this one order and for Funtastiks. I still have to make a bag for Jack Keller, but considering it's a trade instead of a paid order, I'll put that aside as soon as Funtastiks is over. But, considering that Jack fulfilled his end of the trade well over a month ago, I really have to get my ass into gear and finish up on his bag.

As for Funtastiks, I'd like to go camping. I really do. I just don't have any camping gear aside from a sleeping bag. :? I guess I'll ask my dad for some supplies, but if all else fails I'll just sleep on the floor of a hotel room.
NYFA represent.

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 09 Sep 2009 21:45

Ummm... let's see. Funtastiks. I'll cover Friday and Saturday for now.

Went to Drew's apartment and waited for everyone else to rendevous on time so that we may leave for Harrisburg. We got out... maybe a half-hour close to an hour later than expected, and we got hit by rush hour pretty badly as we made our way out of the city. David was pushing Drew's buttons at every turn he could get, and Barrett was attempting to document everything for his first Funtastiks attendance (with his iPhone, no less). As for myself, I slept for most of the ride, but then jammed in the car with David as he put on Deer Hunter. Dave can be nuts when he gets his mojo running with enthusiasm, and when he's riding shotgun. :)

We rolled into the campgrounds on Friday night. We met up with Brian (a friend of Bob Reifer; super solid guiltless footbagger) and his family and chatted a bunch about footbag, flying and iPod apps. :? :) Me and Barrett slept in the car while Drew and David shared a tent. I had a pretty solid sleep because of the beer, 4 or so hours in, but then my lower right back started to ache because of a portruding cushion. I was slightly awakened by Barrett taking a piss next to the car when he could have walked a couple of meters away to where the bathroom is, but Barrett is Barrett. Meow.

Saturday morning. Assembled everything necessary to leave the campgrounds. Couldn't find a waffle house within our vicinity and vouched for a family diner instead. David kept spilling his food everywhere and made a mess. It might have been the decaffeinated coffee, which he kept thinking was caffeinated. We then rolled into Morrisson Park with sexually offensive rap-music to draw everyone's attention. We were the first to arrive. Then freestyler after freestyler rolled in, like Danny Greer (sp?), Jordan Zuber and John Goode. Then Peter Irish walked into the site with the mighty sun blazing over his shoulders as though to emphasize his heavenly presence. I remember seeing Steve Goldberg chatting up with Ted and (I think) Jim Henkins off into the distance.

Had a good two hour long or more rally with John Goode with Peter and Steve giving commentary and discussing footbag and tournament necessities on the sidelines. Felt nice. The heat and aggressiveness of two-man circles spent most of my energy quickly, even though I ate some FRS before shred. Maybe I was dehydrated. David joined in and we had fun ogling his freestyle soccer/footbag fusion style. I then took a breather and dried up to watch everyone else shred, and then Jon Schneider and the Genzs rolled into the park and started to warm up for freestyle. "Darn it!," I thought to myself, and then immediately dropped trou and adorned my shred shoes again for another good rally. I don't remember hitting anything good when I was in a circle with Sunny and Jon. Ugh.

Oh, and Bob Reifer has a nice pair of shades and Rod Laver Milleniums. SWEET. And I got a choice Clavens bag from Age through a trade. DOUBLE SWEET.

After Saturday at the park came nearing to a close, I then walked over to the net courts to watch, I believe, the singles Net preliminary finals between Vince Bradley and "Hacky Sack" Jack Lentz. Peter, Ted and a whole entourage of net players/freestylers came to cheer on Jack, as well as giving Vince a hard time. :lol: Vince dominated both sets, however, I'm still convinced that Jack had organic butter smeared onto his shoes by someone... (just kidding!). :wink:

Went back to the hotel. Showered, then went to the "Elephant and Castle" restaurant to chat up with some people. Jay and Matt happened to be there, and we talked about tungsten fill and their trip down to Harrisburg. Me and Steve matched wits on sexually over-the-top retorts until he went with the "ball-cuzzi" route. Yee-ouch. :roll: Afterwards, hotel shred was happening. Aiden appeared like a ninja out of nowhere and I was just floored with enthusiasm. I didn't expect her to show! I followed with some partial kicking and stitching, but most of all I was just watching Brian, Bob, Ryan and Jay tearing it up in the room. A truly epic evening of shred!

As for food, however, there was no "All-You-Can-Eat" buffet at the Eat'n'Park down the road by the hotel past midnight. It could be a result of the recession or a haunting rumor that there would a buffet to lure hungered footbaggers to their own demise. In any case, Age, myself and the Genzs were severely dealt with a nasty blow that evening. I hounded on my pre-made trail mix to fill the void in my stomach (I haven't eaten anything for dinner). Me, Barrett, Mike, Jordan and John walked into our hotel room and set-up for the night. I think we watched an episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond" and then a clip of John Hodgman's speech at the TV Correspondent's dinner before we hit the sack (no kicking pun intended).
NYFA represent.

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 25 Nov 2009 16:18

I guess I was never meant to keep a blog, considering that I'm either too forgetful to update, or just plain too apathetic to type anything in general.

I've spent a good amount of my time simply ruminating. Thinking. Thinking about where I'm leading my life. There's a lot of matters that I see within my surroundings as either very simple to elaborate, or too difficult to discuss about. I apologize if that's a vague description for anyone to understand, but that's the gist of what I'm going through at the moment. Maybe that's how bouts of depression causes a person to feel - tired, apathetic, confused, jumbled.

I can't really explain the cause for my absence from modified and facebook. It all just feels like... the "usual places" I go to to entertain my mind and interests. And I feel I've reached my limit and needed a break from it all. I've also taken a leave of absence from a couple of other forums, so modified and facebook aren't the two that I've exclusively removed from attending.

Maybe... it's being a stitcher and looking at pictures of footbags, fabric, needle, thread, filler and everything involved in making footbags that have made my interest for it weary. I used to be so enthused with the craft, and now I just see it as an obligation. An obligation to look, to judge, to imagine, to make. And the more I think about stitching, the more I start thinking where my life is going with the burden that comes with it. Maybe that's how any art of its kind makes a place in person's heart; the burden of a craft is only as large as a person's will to sustain it.

I'm not saying that I'm disgusted at the sight of a footbag. I still play and train with the club every weekend, and because of the Indian summer that was afflicted in the East Coast we (NYFA) have been playing outdoors more these days. I mean, footbag, outdoors, in November? It's surprising once you think about it. And through playing, I feel more animated and social, whereas with stitching it's like a test of endurance iwithn a stationary setting. I think I've elaborated on this before, somewhere.

I owe... two people bags, I believe. Jack Keller and Corey Cushing. I can say enough apologies for oweing them what they need, but I think we're through the state of apologies. It's just a matter of "get the work, and get on with life." It's a rather static judgment, on my part to say, but that's how stitching is for me: static and enduring.

I'm starting to ramble. Anyway, I've received word from Alf and Lotus that they want bags from me as well. And as for Chicago for New Years, I'm not even sure if I'll have bags made for the event (or even fly to Chicago to attend NYJ). My feelings are mixed and jumbled, and it's preventing me from doing much of anything.

Maybe it's time for me to retire from stitching. I can talk about it, and I can help newbies on their way to being great stitchers themselves, but as for my career in making footbags it's a lynching thought that has stuck with me for some time. Maybe it's time to put the needle down and walk away. I've done so for a couple a months already.

Thanks for reading this diatribe. I hope it wasn't excruciating.
NYFA represent.

Alf
Fearless

Post by Alf » 27 Nov 2009 00:27

the disappearance of your footbags would be a loss for the whole community!!!
stitchers and players!

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 01 Dec 2009 23:49

You can call it "taking an existenital backseat" from stitching. I just need time away from it so that I can grow with my other interests, like videogaming, reading, watching television and/or movies, and most important of all playing footbag.

I might get back into stitching sometime during this month or within the New Year, but right now I just want to see where my life is going at the moment.

I know, my head is in the clouds (so to speak), but that's how it is.
NYFA represent.

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 15 Jan 2010 14:37

Been half-heartedly working on Jack Keller's bag, half-heartedly shredding during NYFA sessions (floor in the dance studio is too slippery on the Quantums' traction), and wholeheartedly looking to train under my cousin as an assistant to his restaurant equipment store. Basically, a jack-of-all-trades type of position, where I help him in running the store as well as helping him customize manuels and diagrams for kitchen appliances, particularly refrigerators and ovens. Feeling pretty stoked about it.

I've been thinking about it for most of last year, but I feel like I want to pursue a career in interior design. Hopefully the experience I get from my cousin will jumpstart this ambition of mine. With my sewing experience all I really need to learn is how to use a sewing machine and some basics on the fine art of carpentry. :) And to think, this spark in my head began when I lost one of the tv channels I typically watch, HGTV. :lol: At least i still have the Food Network to coax my lost (whenever I'm interested in watching tele these days). I can really see my creativity blow up with this, since I doubt Creative Writing/Psychology/Asian American Studies would give me any career options these days.

NYFA finally has an interested neophyte joining the club! I'm so stoked. And she's a girl! 8O Hurr hurr. :P She's really cool and very motivated. Ironically, she joined our group because she saw some Footbag Net videos online and was interested in learning how to make her feet fly. I guess I'll have to perfect my Net/4-Square form when the weather gets warmer. :3 And she's really interested in learning how to make footbags, so I'mma school her this weekend on how to make a 32-panel... :oops:

Ben Cooke has a sweet apartment. The atmosphere in there has such sweet vibes. I almost feel jealous just chilling there. It really makes me want to work hard and find an apartment for myself with a similar layout. My creative energies just splurt and splash everywhere whenever I look at his space; it truly makes me want to find a cozy loft somewhere in the Queens/Brooklyn area.

As far as I know, my mood has gotten much more cheery than it was in 2009. 20-10 is where it's at, and I have to do my best to keep my frowns upside down! Granted this would be difficult when I try to complete my BA, especially having only registered one out of the three courses that I need to graduate. I just need to persevere and make something out of myself this year and really push for my goals. :)

PS: Bought a pair of Macbeth Manchesters on ebay for a good price. Hopefully they'll fit me. Might use them for shred, might not. Still keeping my eye on the Nucleus, as I'm not sure if I'm committed to buy just yet (I want to hear Drew Martin's opinion on them and see how they perform for him). Wish I could get my hands on a pair of black Reebok Briteos in size 6.5, since they are as obselete as the G-unit. :|
NYFA represent.

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 08 Feb 2010 16:12

Got back into stitching. Not taking any orders.

Didn't kick it last weekend, and I'm already feeling slumpy. Stupid snowstorm putting a downer on my drive.

Winter bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuesss.
NYFA represent.

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 16 Feb 2010 10:26

Horrible sesh last weekend. Just felt very dramatic, and I was in a poor mood to kick. Kicked in poor equipment as well. Gotta get off of my lazy ass and mod my G-units. Macbeths are only good for floppy bags, preferably large floppy bags, so my performance last weekend was because of the shoes and playing with a small bag.

Dunno. Valentine's Day is always a dramatic day for me, and I was juggling that with Chinese New Year. Weird contrasting emotions. Bittersweet.

The 24th is almost arriving. It's a special day in my heart. Can't believe a year has already passed.

Love the world and the world will love you back. Have faith in one and that one will have faith in you.
NYFA represent.

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 22 Feb 2010 14:01

Modded a pair of G-units last weekend and played in them last Saturday. It felt so hard transitioning into them from Quantums. The clipper gave me a lot of trouble; osii felt comfortable but my stepping sets were just nonexistent. I really have to get used to the added groove on the sole to understand how these shoes perform, but then again I don't want to get too involved in them to make me forget my form in Quantums.

I know I had an easy transition from G-units to Quantums at Worlds '07, but, well, you know how it is. Everything feels so weird. :P

Macbeth Manchesters feel really good on my feet for some reason. I love how this shoe is constructed and the sole is really flexible. My only gripe is the clipper is not highly defined. I want to caulk it up, but I don't want to use silicon or anything that would stray away from its black appearance. I'll have to research on a black sealant to develop a makeshift clipper on the inside.

In other news, work is rewarding. I'm stationed at the Brooklyn branch where the days go by pretty slowly, but in the main branch has such an awesome and active atmosphere that I wish I could be stationed there to work my days away. I'll just have to climb the corporate ladder and do what needs to be done to get my ass there. :)

Love beer, love the world. Relationships are nonexistent, but whatev I guess.

edit: Gonna work on a 20 and 26 panel sometime in the future!
NYFA represent.

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 25 Feb 2010 11:45

Bought some black shoe goo! I'm totally going to gook up my Manchesters!
NYFA represent.