brinard

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 03 Jan 2008 09:31

hehe, believe me, frank, I read it. nice to meet you too!
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 03 Jan 2008 09:48

Matt Cross wrote:hehe, believe me, frank, I read it. nice to meet you too!
HAHAHAHA

....not you, silly! he means the matt from tennessee...

hahahahahhahahaha
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 06 Jan 2008 23:11

I'm really glad you two made it out to Chicago for NYJ. I really enjoyed chatting with Holly and playing squares with Brian. Cody and Matt are funny as hell and are great to hang out with too!

riptits!
Zeke

Funny movie titles if the movie were about poop:
Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 07 Jan 2008 19:31

holla!

school starts wednesday, here is what the schedule looks like:

monday
9-12: typography 3
12:30-5:30: work
6-9: multimedia 2
tuesday
9-12: graphic design 3
work till 7ish
wednesday
9-12: typography 3
12:30-5:30: work
6-9: multimedia 2
thursday
9-12: graphic design 3
work till 7ish
friday
1-4: speech communications
probably work, hopefully not

we went into work last friday, and my boss told me i might be getting a promotion and a raise! he said to give him a week to work everything out, so nothing is final yet. this would mean brian could pickup my hours and i can get out of cleaning up people's crap. what a relief!

ive started getting into magic the gathering. last friday we went to friday night madness in brian's hometown. of course, i was the only girl... but i had a lot of fun! i made 18th out of 24 (because one of my opponents was fucking his bf in the parking lot). i also won the "raffle" prize, a mind stone foil with dci shimmering in the text field. i was shocked. i dont think ive ever won anything before.

how do people keep themselves from spending all their money on booster packs and stuff? seriously. i have a couple decks. brian made me an extended wizard deck, and i have some standard merfolk, fungus, and elf decks. it took some spending from my christmas money to build up some cards... but at least im enjoying it.

ive gained 10 pounds since thanksgiving. maybe it was the holiday food, maybe it was because i havent footbagged much, maybe it's because im getting older. i dunno. but its had me thinking...

last night's exercise:
20 crunches X 10 reps = 200
20 leg raises X 3 reps = 60 (both sides)

im looking into getting a used exercise bike. one of my brother's friends wants to buy my acoustic guitar, and i think that's where ill put the money.
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 08 Jan 2008 07:00

PegLegHolly wrote:how do people keep themselves from spending all their money on booster packs and stuff? seriously.
Yeah. Trying to get good cards really adds up fast. But even booster packs are kind of small change compared to some things people do for cards.

If you buy a booster box you get a lot of cards, some good cards, and can start building fun decks. But if you're trying to construct a specific deck then it can add up very quickly... ominous ominous ominous

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 09 Jan 2008 15:52

whelp, looks like our school schedule has changed. they put brian in a class that didnt even exist, so when he went to fix it there werent many choices. we will be at school from 9am to 9pm monday through thursday. oh my word.

i found an article in the nashville scene (a local trendy newspaper) about the rat patrol. the rat patrol is a gang of punk rockers that squat houses and build franken-bikes. i was really interested when i saw the cover, so i flipped the newspaper to the beginning of the story, and there is my cousin.

here is the online article:
http://www.nashvillescene.com/Stories/C ... hain_Gang/
^shes the blonde in the middle.

Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 10 Jan 2008 15:37

this week has been up and down.

i asked for a raise. dont know if it will happen. my boss was kind of a jerk with his response.

my schedule is pretty fucked, thanks to administration at my skool. now we go 9-9 every day, and i dont know how fridays are gonna be yet (holly has class, i work)

yoyo club was tuesday. it was alright. we were tired, since school had just started.

last friday, we went to friday night magic. i went 3 and 1, and finished 6th out of 28 or so people. it was a rogue deck, with elvish pipers, serra angel, verdant force, overrun, and lots of first strike weenies and that serras grace or w/e, making your creature a +2+2 and vigilance and flying beat stick.

i won two packs of cards, which amounts to more than the price i paid to enter the tourney. the only other time i won stuff was tennessee states yoyo contest, where i won about 30$ worth of crap, and paid 15$ in fees.

work sucked today. the bathrooms flooded, and i had to mop em up twice each. it was because of the excessive rain, backing up the drains or something.

weve been steadily buying packs of magic cards over the past few days. holly is incredibly lucky, and pulls everything i want. i guess i had a few good pulls, royal assassin, and lotus bloom. holly pulled serra angel, righteousness, glorious anthem, some sweet pain lands (i pulled two also)

i wish i had my buddys luck. he pulled a foil birds after purchasing only one pack at walmart. bastard.

ive been itching to get into hobby mode. guitar, magic, yoyo, footbag. not stitching, or art. i just dont have the time for any of them.

getting close to time for class, so maybe later more.

brian

bdams19
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by bdams19 » 10 Jan 2008 16:03

Wow mtg what a throwback haha. I remember I never really got into collecting them too much but I played on apprentice a bunch and I ended up buying the cards I needed individually to make a black discard/ vampire deck that annoyed the crap out of everyone. Let me know if you guys ever play on apprentice for a match, although I havent played in years and I don't have any idea if there are new cards or anything. Good luck with school and such.
Brian Damato
My Blog
NYFA

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 10 Jan 2008 20:43

My stepbrother moved to Murfreesboro. How far away is that from you guys?
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 10 Jan 2008 21:04

like an hour or more dep on traffic.

my decks im running now are pretty dialed. u/b discard (underworld dreams, megrim, memory jar, etc) , solid blue w/ artifacts mill (tramatize, upheaval, milstone, braingeyeser, stroke, manavault) and that white green standard deck. my latest deck, solid creature control. black, red. terror. terminate. royal assasin, woe, innocent blood. the rest of that deck is ball lightning type creatures, kikijiki, and doomed necromancer. oh, and oldskool animate deads.

no footbag since nyj.

i should start stitching soon.....

brian

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 12 Jan 2008 22:01

another friday night magic gone by.

we ended up being 15 minutes late, but the organizer was 30 mins late, so it was alright.

i lost three matches and won only one. the one i did win, was against one of the first guys i played magic with, just over ten years ago. his name was shaun lewis, i went to HS with his little bro.

i got stomped in my other matches. fae + counter spell. llanowar elves+ garruk. red akroma+reya+black control. the deck i beat was spark elemental, mogg fanatics + giant growth and the like.

but only two more tournaments, and i get a player rewards promo. plus a plastic dci card. (i lost my paper one).

no footbag. showed off some yoyo to the mtg nerds. they were highly impressed. i can actually move my arms and legs, and do tricks at the same time! the best they got is halo 3 and GH3 skilz. pwn? :roll:

then we went to my old friends house, and played cards and stayed up until 330am. it was alot of fun, because we booster drafted. after that, he brought out his old decks (non legal in any format). i had to pull out my banned deck to beat him.

his goblin deck beat me in 5 turns. yawn.

he ended up playing an extended elf deck for the last game. gained over 200 life, and swung with one 40/40 or some shit with trample. i played my standard deck, and held up until his timberwatch elf gave +x/+x and untapped it with that insect from scourge.

we stayed at his place. it was an upgrade from his childhood home, but not much. it was still pretty much a shit hole. and we had to sleep on a couch.
but im glad he put us up. i had a few to drink, so i wasnt driving.

im so glad theyve reprinted alot of stuff in time spiral. esp jhonnys, and woe. 10th is still my new fav set. odyssey is still my old fave.

hollys uncle is going to try to find his old cards. (alpha-beta) and give them to us. im stoked! im hoping for dual lands, and of course some mox.

im really liking magic again. it wasnt fun when i started college. too many nerds who had nothing else to live for.

in other news, i started my order for PF. hopefully i can finish the order for them by the end of the month or so. im hoping i can make a screen print for the bags (pf logo print). it will be sweet reguardless.

my mom has been sick. in and out of the hospital. it sucks.

ive gotta finish my HW tomorrow. gotta draft out a creative brief on an imaginary company x2, to which ill design logo for the two companies later.

take it easy fizz.

brinard

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 17 Jan 2008 13:58

lots of school. classes are somewhat interesting, and will get better later on.

im sick today, so i took the day off. im getting laundry and homework done, and getting ready to spend the weekend in clarksville.

we're going to friday night magic again. i need to build a tougher deck, but i dont even know where to begin. i guess i don't really care if i lose.

had a rough day yesterday. im getting in another slump where i find it hard to see anything optimistically. im really trying hard. i guess i dont see anything to look forward to.

we are footbagging on sunday with lee. this will be the first nfb meeting since lee's foot has been messed up. im excited... i hope the weather wont be too bad. i havent kicked at all since nyj, and there are a couple things that im wanting to try. ie. infinity, osis, and whirl (whirl only if im not afraid to break an ankle).

the fnm kids are kind of mean. the only ones that are nice are the homosexual ones. the rest are too competitive for me to like. i understand being competitive, but you dont have to be mean to win.

after fnm we are going to brians moms, spending the day there on saturday, and then going to his cousin's house on saturday night to have fun and play wii. im not sure if we are staying the night there or not... maybe we will if we bring the inflatable bed.

im not sure when we will go on another footbag trip. maybe itll be midwesterns and nyj... but im personally hoping for a trip to gatlinburg or chatanooga before then. not for footbag, but to just get away and spend some time together.

anyway, im gonna make matt c a hat sometime soon. if you're reading this, matt, was it super duper fly? i think thats right. and you wanted it super duper not supa dupa? or are you wanting it super dooper? lol......
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 22 Jan 2008 07:07

this weekend was pretty sweet.

friday was an easy day for me. holly delivered a speech for her speech class. i wasnt there, but i bet she was great.

then to friday night magic. i placed top eight again, i think 7th. i won a single pack of magic cards!!! decided i want a good card for my deck. didnt get it.

so i guess im going to have to do without.

but thats okay. my deck is good enough to top eight.

saturday we just laid around. went to my cousins.

sunday we went back to mt. juliet. nothing much happened. we played computer games.

monday we were off work, so we just slept in til almost 2. most sleep ive had in a while. played computer games, and laid around. i yoyoed. it was cold.

sometime this week, or weekend, it snowed. big flakes.

class is starting.

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 22 Jan 2008 21:12

january 23rd is a day that i've kept close to me for 5 years. although it's not always a joyous day, it's a day to celebrate the life of someone lost 5 years ago...

cody passed at the age of 18 from pneumonia. he was my boyfriend, and more importantly he was my best friend.

... he was a guy that'd buy the pizza when you went out to dinner, and when youd get up to go to the bathroom you'd come back to see the entire pizza was covered in a mound of sugar.
... he played counter strike, liked airsoft guns, skateboarded, and loved the vandals.
... he loved life and everything about it. he was carefree and happy.

cody's passing has helped me grow and learn that "life goes fast, and it's hard to make the good things last." without cody, i would have never learned to love the simpler things in life like friends, silly hobbies, and quarky qualities.

so to footbag friends, i love ya. without you, i wouldn't know what fun really is... i wouldn't know what friendship is supposed to be like... and i wouldn't have learned how to grow.

and brian, i love you, too. without you, i wouldnt know how to love without holding back... i wouldn't know how to make the best of any situation... and i wouldn't know how to change.

the sun neither rises nor sets, we just spin around it.

oh yes, and a picture. this is of cody and dave quackenbush (singer of the vandals). note that warren fitzgerald (guitar player) is in the background
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

LEGOMAN
Egyptian Footgod

Post by LEGOMAN » 22 Jan 2008 23:06

i tried to play mtg once. my brain said fuck you a fried on me =[ then i took a nap
People that like LEGOMAN - 10
People that hate LEGOMAN - 1000
LEGOMAN´s posts - Priceless

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 23 Jan 2008 11:47

We will always be stitching buddies, you, Brian and me. :)

Footbag!
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 07 Feb 2008 07:11

just gotta footbag order from THE kevin crowley. i haven't stitched in forever.

this semester is taking it's toll. we get no sleep, and no respect at work. projects for classes might end up fun, but we are pressed for time.

brian's mom isn't doing well. she's been in and out of the hospital about 8 times in the past two months, and is now on hospice. we got a call this morning and it seems that her body is giving up. we have no idea what might happen...
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 07 Feb 2008 07:41

I woke up this morning to a news report about the tornadoes in Tennessee and got worried. Hope you and the Nashville guys are all doing alright.

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 07 Feb 2008 08:33

Frank_Sinatra wrote:I woke up this morning to a news report about the tornadoes in Tennessee and got worried. Hope you and the Nashville guys are all doing alright.
yeah, they were bad. my grandparents house got torn apart... and 3 doors down from them a baby got pulled out of a house and thrown into a feild about 100 yds away. the baby actually lived! there are a lot of volunteers around helping... and there are a lot of reports on npr about the whole thing. the tornado hopped right over us, so we are fine. everyone that i know is fine, but i think they reported 55 deaths connected to the storm.
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 09 Feb 2008 01:26

PegLegHolly wrote:brian's mom isn't doing well. she's been in and out of the hospital about 8 times in the past two months, and is now on hospice. we got a call this morning and it seems that her body is giving up. we have no idea what might happen...
she passed away friday morning. email me if you can send a card.
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com