I Am Legend

This is the forum to discuss non-footbag movies, TV, music, videogames, and art.
DonC
Shredalicious

I Am Legend

Post by DonC » 15 Dec 2007 00:06

Just saw it. Hated it.

Spoilers Alert (compassion)

What I found appalling was Will Smith's character idolized Bob Marley.
Well Thats Ironic!!!!
Will Smith spent the entire film trying to find a cure for the zombies.
Wasnt it Bob Marley who died because he wouldnt let doctors work on him?
PAH!
Donald Cliff

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 15 Dec 2007 20:01

It was an awesome movie, but it wasn't I Am Legend.
Matt Kemmer

DonC
Shredalicious

Post by DonC » 15 Dec 2007 20:17

It most certainly is Matthew K Matt K "Egyptian Footgod" maybe thes lies will fly in Egypt, but let me tell you something Ramses, here in the good old US and A, we on;t take kindly to Lies or Worshiping False Idols!!
Donald Cliff

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 15 Dec 2007 23:36

I thought the movie was awesome.
Ben Skaggs

Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

Burrin
Multidex Master

Post by Burrin » 16 Dec 2007 21:48

I love the movie. Not my favorite but possible in the top 5 or something. I liked the fact it was mostly a guy who has fatty monologues. That is tough. I mean you got to have an audience sit there and enjoy it with really only one actor. Yeah the dog, mutants, and other actors helped but to truly believe you felt what he felt is amazing. I love Will Smith for being a great actor.

I am a sci-fi junkie so... Here I go

The Bob Marley Bit, was okay, listen this is a guy who was crazy. At first didn't seem crazy but over all is crazy. He isn't talking to a beach volleyball but he is crazy in a hidden way. HE KNEW he was crazy. Like he knew he was lonely and scared and everyday was just another failure. Living in a depression.

I sort of liked the ending...But I think it was the best way

I love the dog, it played like a human roll but more dumbed down human. Gave Will Smith and the audience to feed off of.

I loved the story line. It has kind of been done before but not like that

I didn't find the funny parts that funny like the audience did but I found them more cute. Gave it a little up beat

I am sure I can go on forever but here is my rating

4.5 stars out of 5
Be careful what you wish for

I got myself a footblog http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.ph ... 016#342016

Anthony Swanson

http://gyroville.myminicity.com/

DonC
Shredalicious

Post by DonC » 17 Dec 2007 06:46

The movie seemed almost too "Will Smithy" to me, if that makes sense. The jokes were all so lame. It woulda been a better movie if it wasnt about a top scientist being the last person ever on earth but just a normal guy.
I heard the book as way better i wanna read it.
Donald Cliff

mannel rox
Shredalicious

Post by mannel rox » 18 Dec 2007 17:41

Awesome movie... Will Smith was perfect for it..
Last edited by mannel rox on 29 Dec 2007 10:40, edited 1 time in total.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 20 Dec 2007 05:36

So what I've heard of the movie is that it basically argues that Science will destroy the world and Jesus will save it. Don't know if I'll go see it or not, but I object pretty strongly to the idea of faith being better than science.

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 23 Dec 2007 17:47

Finally saw this movie. Was very well done and enjoyable. The ending made Will Smith look SOOO BAD ASS!!

People who dont like the faith part are glass half empty pesismists who bring the rest of us down. Science IS the bomb but the percentage of discoveries science has made relative to what they have left to go is very small so its not that magic or something makes more sense, its that it still has scientific explanation but you just dont KNOW IT YET! Duh this is so elementary.. GROW UP.

bdams19
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by bdams19 » 24 Dec 2007 18:45

***** SPOILER ******

I saw this in IMAX and thought it was a great watch. Ending was kinda lame (why didn't will smith throw the grenade and get in the bomb shelter???) and there were a few holes in the plot, but nothing too horrible. The whole movie keeps you on the edge of your seat with the jumpiness of the sick people and the crazy sound (maybe it was just imax?). I thought the last third of the movie or so was not nearly as good as the rest, but what can you do. I'd go 3.5-4 out of 5 stars.
Brian Damato
My Blog
NYFA

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 24 Dec 2007 19:29

The biggest plot twist was finding out that Sam was actually Samantha.

And how did those two people drive into NYC when it had been quarantined???
Matt Kemmer

bdams19
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by bdams19 » 24 Dec 2007 19:32

Matt K wrote:The biggest plot twist was finding out that Sam was actually Samantha.

And how did those two people drive into NYC when it had been quarantined???
Yea that was the biggest thing my friends and i laughed about; there is absolutely no way. And why did they wait until 12 midnight on the pier for will smith? He said he would be there at noon every day, and the zombies come out at dark, so why the f would he still be there? And how did they not get attacked? Who knows, seems like the writers took that day off.
Brian Damato
My Blog
NYFA

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 24 Dec 2007 21:14

I saw it. I was pretty strong against the faith vs. science thing as well, but I dunno. If I kinda looked at it without that perspective it was a good movie.

I liked the ending, and all movies have those weird plot holes, who cares?

It's weird that I'm defending the movie since I thought I would hate it when I saw the previews. It's also weird I went to see it since the last movie I saw in theaters was Borat I think.

(it's 11:11! make a wish!)

Will Smith is fucking ripped. The Sam/Samantha plot twist was weird, and seemed sorta unnecessary but intriguing at the same time.
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

full nelson
8-Bit Ninja

Post by full nelson » 27 Dec 2007 19:02

The movie was really good until the other two showed up. "Hi. We're from Maryland and we make no sense." Disappointing.
Brad

Bringerofpie
Fearless

Post by Bringerofpie » 27 Dec 2007 20:22

I loved it. I was expecting a standard zombie movie, but it was really not.
"Fuck it man, you just gotta do it."

Joe Snyder

Representing FLF (Fort Lauderdale Footbaggers)

http://onlycountria.myminicity.com

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 30 Dec 2007 08:19

So finally saw this. Disappointing.

My favourite scene is the one at the end where Will Smith's Character is like "I can save you" - That's how the script writer/director sees us "godless" people. As zombies that want to suck your brains out, and he thinks we can't be saved, we're just going to keep beating our heads against the glass until we're killed. I think it says a lot about the particular brand of religious fundamentalism and evangelicalism that inspired this remake.

Compare this to the controversy surrounding "The Golden Compass" and imagine the reception to a movie that portrayed Christians, rather than atheists as rabid zombies.

Of course religion, by definition, is irrational, so we can't expect any level of integrity or honesty from religious people; it's nice when it happens, but it's an exception.

bdams19
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by bdams19 » 30 Dec 2007 14:47

Jeremy wrote:So finally saw this. Disappointing.

My favourite scene is the one at the end where Will Smith's Character is like "I can save you" - That's how the script writer/director sees us "godless" people. As zombies that want to suck your brains out, and he thinks we can't be saved, we're just going to keep beating our heads against the glass until we're killed
I think you are looking too far into this like the way high school english teachers made us dissect poetry to find hidden meanings for no reason
Brian Damato
My Blog
NYFA

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 30 Dec 2007 17:38

Sure. Art isn't made for a purpose, or with a message to convey. It's just an attempt to entertain us.

edit; And for the record, the "meanings" of poetry are "hidden," the meanings are what the author is trying to express.

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 30 Dec 2007 21:37

or maybe it was just cancer ridden zombies trying to kill people and eat them ;)

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 30 Dec 2007 21:41

Actually they were vampires.
Matt Kemmer