Modified Postcard Exchange 3

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Modified Postcard Exchange 3

Post by Jeremy » 10 Oct 2010 19:30

So I've run this in the past to limited success, but I've been reading a lot about social networks lately, and I think I have an improved system. I do have a wall covered in postcards, so the past attempts at this weren't too bad.

If you participate in this you'll receive postcards from footbaggers from around the world and all you need to do is send postcards yourself.

Here's how it will work;

1. PM or email me your postal address exactly as it is written (email is better as my pm box will fill up). - owheelj at gmail dot com

2. I will send you 2 addresses to send postcards to - send these postcards.

3. When you've sent them let me know and I'll send you 2 more addresses.

In this way I can track who is sending cards, and prioritise those people over the people who are not. Ideally everybody should receive a card for every card that you send. There's no time limit so you can send cards every week if you like, or less frequently, and subsequently you'll receive cards every week or less frequently.

You're free to write whatever you want on your cards and choose whatever postcards you want to send. Personally I try to choose cards that promote something about where I live, and I try to write long interesting messages instead of just short ones, but it's really up to you :)

When you receive cards you should post in this topic to express your excitement :)

WyrmFyre
Fearless

Post by WyrmFyre » 10 Oct 2010 22:58

Im in, emailing you now
Ian Cozens
My FootBlog :: PureShred

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 11 Oct 2010 13:33

Sounds like a solid program.

Thanks for running this Dr. Jeremy.
Jay Boychuk

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 12 Oct 2010 18:17

Thanks Dr. Jay.

First addresses have been sent out :) Thanks to those participating so far :)

Just a reminder that this is a postcard exchange and that postcards are usually sent by "snail mail" rather than electronically, so you need to send me your postal address to participate, and not just your email address ;) I will carry out all communications via email though (as it's easiest to track, and I have a lot more gmail space than modified pm space), so sending me your email address is still helpful :P

Eric Chang
Fearless

Post by Eric Chang » 12 Oct 2010 18:55

I will do this once I move to my new apartment!!
Look a BLOG! That I never update
http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=16244

Lazy-Bonez
Multidex Master

Post by Lazy-Bonez » 21 Oct 2010 06:01

I'm in, just emailed :D
Nikita Aleksandrov

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 12 Apr 2011 19:17

I look at the two postcards I received, and feel like there should be oh-so-many more. I'd sacrifice breakfast for a postcard from Russia, or climb a tree if I got one from Europe.

Where is that Hype machine when I need it....
Jay Boychuk