Swizzle's progress....

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 18 Nov 2009 11:15

I swear im almost hitting PS whirl just as consistant as a whirl... that's not right lmao... i mean its not entirely true, but its close...
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 18 Nov 2009 18:18

Swizzle wrote: Today, i played for almost 4 hours.. :D
I hit a pixie ducking butterfly.. it was sick.. but i had a lot of fun playing today.. so much and with my buddies and school and then john who is better than me.. so yeah sick.. :D

oh and me and john both hit an atom smasher, like back to back it was freaking sick.. got some video from today too.. not the atom smashers though =/
Here's a video i got of John and I..
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1LsxLL6EE0[/youtube]
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 26 Nov 2009 19:13

Played good today, kept my balace on my toes and it helped my butterfly's which is freaking weird considering the video i uploaded on trick tips section.

Pixie both sides = getting Tons Tons better... Stepping = sucks.. Downtime componets = WAY more consistent with the simple stuff.. mirage legover, pickup.. not so much illusion...

doing good.. happy at how im doing.. still need to work on shit if im gonna compete without total failure at NYJ.. hey.. at least i'll get a shirt.. lol
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 02 Dec 2009 11:01

was making a footbag film for Eng:101 class and i randomly hit a spinning torque.. Lol.. but yeah.. i guess the latest and best that is going on is that my uptime dex's are making a little sense.. thats always good..

Also i am getting a 6 month membership to a gym or we/ for an indoor pool/hotub and a gym where i can hack with a friend who has one already.. i went last night it was pretty sick...
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Rieferman
Flower Child

Post by Rieferman » 24 Dec 2009 05:36

hey, cool vid above. I was going to give the standard "don't forget about the weakside" advice, but then I read your above post which makes me think you're getting good advice from other players already. Looks like both of you guys have a ton of potential!
Bob R.

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 24 Dec 2009 16:40

=), Yeah i have been doing flip side stuff so my flip side is 70% ish as good as my strong.. so not even obviously

i didn't get a membership, id rather run around my neighborhood and kick in my basement.. we/

Worked 8 days straight at The UPS Store, obviously christmas time is busy, umm havent been doing much else, unable to train much recently so im ticked because theres a litle more than 30 hours before i leave for NYJ... 30 HOURS!! hawuy418rjdflashurioq3

`cory
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 18 Jan 2010 09:44

Well; its been a while since i posted; Yesterday i played a lot and got outside; Thank god. I love playing outside and get annoyed of playing indoors... well.. specifically a basement.

Overall my small stuff is smoother and it feels GREAT.. I worked on consecutives yesterday and here is what i got
- 50 Alternating clippers
- 26 infinities
- 10 ss butterfly's both sides (not bsos)
- 39 Legovers
- 18 pickups ( =[ )
- 13 whirls Strong side
- 7 whirls weak side
- 7x ducking clipper
(And i forgott about Mirages and Illusions.. lol; Still suck at illusions. i can hit them badly a decent % of the time tho)

Obviously i am happy about this... I have also been working on some fun drills such as
Dimwalk < PDX mirage< RPT
Infinity < Osis RPT (Mainly for my weak side)

and i guess i can't think of any more.. HOWEVER; yee im playing pretty good ... =D Really need to figure out illusion and drifter now.. then i start more uptime sets.. i Got new Lavers modified and Another pairs of Quantums; im done with my old pair of lavers, the hole in the bottom is annoying.. =D

Anyone got the newest Best LAVERS Stringing suggestions; Matt kemmer told me to not cut out the toe boxes so i don't rush my pixies; so i didnt
Last edited by Swizzle on 24 Feb 2010 16:37, edited 1 time in total.
Cory Allen
My Footblog

WyrmFyre
Fearless

Post by WyrmFyre » 18 Jan 2010 10:25

Damn dude!

I gots an idea. Next time your in a good session feelin well and truly warmed up...

a) See what the longest titltless string is you can manage and....
b) film a one shot :)
Ian Cozens
My FootBlog :: PureShred

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 19 Jan 2010 09:38

haha will do; however I'm probably going to take a 2 day or so break cause i played quite a lot in the past two days and my legs are sore.. =/

But as soon as i feel rested i'll practice some and do both of those; i'll just record the tiltless; so i can see the length. Good idea!

Yesterday i hit ripstein and Zigzag.. =0 Hallarious.. and i hit twirl smooth as hell so Yay!!! also i made up a two move combo that i Hit and was VERY excited about.. Clipper set mirage < toe set drifter.. It felt really cool to hit and it looked really cool in my head.. So i am in fact getting better at drifters.. Finally.
Last edited by Swizzle on 19 Jan 2010 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
Cory Allen
My Footblog

sidekick
Egyptian Footgod

Post by sidekick » 19 Jan 2010 10:53

I approve all the work on the basics, and props on atomsmasher and ripstien/zigzag.

You're making lots of progress :)
Nick Landes

Proudly Representing Fourkast Footbag Co.
http://www.fourkast.com

Portland Blog

All the ladies love Matt Cross because Johnny Depp + Footbag = Matt Cross

Mastery is the combination of knowledge and practical experience

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 19 Jan 2010 19:02

I think you're going to be known in the footbag world. You have potential.

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 21 Jan 2010 09:00

Thanks nick and tom; I'm going for it too.

Really can't wait for warmer weather; we got a Rug we can haul around thats almost 7ft by 9ft; two of my friends bought cameras; a couple of sweet shred spots outdoors; and including myself we got about 5 people pretty into it..

off topic i ordered four new Disc golf discs; can't wait to play & to get those..
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 22 Jan 2010 18:37

So.... I havent got the video yet cause i keep playing at school, then come home to my camera with sore legs; and my camera is junk so i need to film at home. (Complicated) I played for 15 minutes before i gave up at home and needed a break; didn't get but one thing on video.

At school today i hit:
Ripwalk X 3
Ripwalk < PS Whirl.. (twice oh damn!!!!!)
Reverse whirl same side X 4

Here is the thing i got on video..
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXsk_ve5Kto[/youtube]

Ohh and i got my discs.. bomb dude.. just need warm or at least dry weather.
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 24 Jan 2010 16:38

well; i played for five hours today.. didn't get any video cause i was having too much fun outside.. HOWEVER; i will still get the video and i am at the point where my basics are getting overall good.. could be better; you know 100 of something;

But you know if you wan't to see that; i'll do it cause im going to be creating a "challenge swizzle" thread on the challenge topic. I think that is gonna be really fun; but first i gotta get a one shot and tiltless run on video; so that people can see where i am at; also i probably with throw in another video of some other basics that i won't hit in the tiltless run..

Thats all for now; today's shred rocked, partly cloudy outside so i wore a hat and gloves in the 40 degree weather and it wasnt too bad..

school tomorrow .... zzzzzzzzzzz
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 26 Jan 2010 19:00

As you wish!

Name that movie too...

One shot
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2txnOzPnpA[/youtube]

And i did two tiltless runs, was my 8th and probably 18th try (so you know) Also i'd like to let you know that i got bored of the same two add tricks and didn't know what to do, repeat them (something i didn't want to do), or do a couple other moves, so i did some 3 adds.. we/..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x58z-fFqLcY[/youtube]
Cory Allen
My Footblog

WyrmFyre
Fearless

Post by WyrmFyre » 27 Jan 2010 00:43

8O

I read all about your records and how many tricks you can do back to back, and as important as drill-drill-drill again is, freestyling is where the real fun lies.

I thought your one shot string was great to watch, and props on your both sidedness. The strings in your tiltless vid showed great control, flow and length too.

It scares me to think what you could be hitting 6 months down the road from now :D
Ian Cozens

Runkstafari
Shredalicious

Post by Runkstafari » 27 Jan 2010 10:20

zigzag and ripstein.....very jealous of you

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 24 Feb 2010 17:00

Hey; Been a while since i posted basically at all; Hurt my back for a little bit; then some good weather so i couldn't film; then my friend spent the night and had guitar hero over here a bunch; ect ect ect.. bunch of crap

So. I have still been playing and getting better; I'm getting some control over the bag. my spinning has improved, cause i got some challenges and i needed to work on the spinning (I'll get those challenges too; i've been modertly busy and can only film at my house) + (i play at school and my legs get sore and i don't wanna film at home) + (my camera sucks ass to work with, too old =/) Yeah so spinning wise, almost hit a double spinning clipper, i hit inspinning; i hit 7x spinning clippers consecutively on strong side; weak side im getting better at hitting 1.. lol. Hit spinning clipper < Gyro clipper Both sides. yeah..

Also two new accomplishments;
[x] Mullet / first 6 add
[x] Blurry whirl
[x] Ripwalk x 5
[x] Blender Bsos
[x] 100 SS clippers (Left clipper first try)
[x] 80+ SS clippers (Right clipper first try)
[x] 73 Alternating clippers (First try)

and the other spinning stuff from above. Obviously i was excited at Mullet and blurry whirl. Blender has been fun and an easier move for me, but flip side i have only just hit recently; in any how i'm learning illusion, Drifter, Stepping, & Eggbeater on flip side; PDX whirls on both sides and have been shredding recently.

All these drills i do for fun really; i like hitting cool links and feel good when i nail a drill. i find this more entertaining than just shredding all the time.. i suppose thats really a good thing.

But yeah; busy with school/work. shredding all the time available. Should get some video soon..
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 20 Apr 2010 20:22

Once again, been a while since i posted. I'm making a short video right now; I doubt i will make any more. My camera is seriously complete shit - I need to flush it down the toilet. But anyhow, playing somewhat seriously again - I'm getting rhythm, consistency, and posture better. I guess i am wanting to travel more. I'll probably be showing up at more tournaments; and it seems i will be getting better and better, since i just watched one of my video's and laughed at how bad i was but i thought i was good? Honestly, some of the real hard stuff i see as possible these days. I guess I'm curious to see what will happen 1 year from now. I mean, I'm truly addicted to footbag, so i doubt i will stop anytime soon. and i have kinda gotten the hang of things. So yeah, footbag is freaking fun as hell right now and i wanna go to some tournaments to meet more people.

peace
Cory Allen
My Footblog

WyrmFyre
Fearless

Post by WyrmFyre » 21 Apr 2010 00:02

Glad to see your back, and great to hear youve been bitten by the footbag bug :D
Ian Cozens