CHECK FOOTBAG.ORG FOR NEW CLUBS! PLEASE!!!

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

CHECK FOOTBAG.ORG FOR NEW CLUBS! PLEASE!!!

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 03 Aug 2011 09:34

Hey everyone, I know that a lot of people, once they're playing footbag, they tend to forget about where some of us have gotten our start and were able to contact our first freestyle player and join in the fun...

GO CHECK YOUR COUNTRY/STATE/PROVINCE/AREA FOR NEW CLUBS!

I haven't checked Pennsylvania's club listing in a while and since the last time I checked it, I found that, to my surprise, 5 or 6 NEW CLUBS popped up in PA, 3 of which were around my area. I got in contact with one of the clubs that was closest to me, started talking to the leader, and found out that they had no idea about freestyle.

These guys drove about 40 minutes to visit my local crew and myself the other day and we showed them what it was all about. By the end of the day, we had 5 new guys really interested and seemingly addicted to learning freestyle. Two of them signed up for Modified, and the others said they are going to do so, as well. My crew is visiting them for another session in a few days.

So please, everyone reading this, take a minute out of your busy schedule and check footbag.org club listings in your area. You may be able to help a skilled hacker discover his new life in freestyle.

Thanks for reading...
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 03 Aug 2011 10:56

Good call Nick. Since I read about you finding a new club nearby in your blog I've been checking. Sadly no activity in my area, but it did prompt me to start a club listing in case someone in the area was interested.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 03 Aug 2011 11:31

Great call Nick. I know I'm guilty of moving to a new town, checking .org, and then when the leads don't pan out, I neglect to check back to see if any new ones have popped up. Looked online today, found some names, and sent out some mails. Will make some calls tonight too.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 03 Aug 2011 18:04

Awesome, really glad you found some new players, Ken. And Tony, good luck with your area.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 03 Aug 2011 21:24

sen wrote:Good call Nick. Since I read about you finding a new club nearby in your blog I've been checking. Sadly no activity in my area, but it did prompt me to start a club listing in case someone in the area was interested.
I just noticed some activity in my "area". We should shred sometime ;)
Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 03 Aug 2011 21:36

SlashC wrote:
sen wrote:Good call Nick. Since I read about you finding a new club nearby in your blog I've been checking. Sadly no activity in my area, but it did prompt me to start a club listing in case someone in the area was interested.
I just noticed some activity in my "area". We should shred sometime ;)
We should. Anytime I make to Edmonton I'm always rushing around with a million things to do. I should make time to session sometime soon. I'm in Edmonton about 5 times a year.