wiiiiiiiiiiiiii....ps3....xbox360

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
krumpage
Hack Fiend

wiiiiiiiiiiiiii....ps3....xbox360

Post by krumpage » 19 May 2006 17:55

what do you guys think will happen to each system? which system will come out on top? for those of you who dont know wii is the name of nintendo new console.

before you post i guess i should update you on some information
nintindo wii using a wand/pointer/wiimote(as ign calls it) as a controller for pixel accuracy (wireless). along with a nunchaku with is a joystick type device.it has a backward capability pution on game from nes snes 64 sega genesis and some software hudson made that ive never heard of. It plays gcn games and dvds along with wii games. its size is about 3 dvd cases high and has a 24 online service using wifi. it does not support HDTVs. no launch date yet and no price yet though people think 150-300. think thats about it for wii.

ps3 has dualshock controllers. they look exactly like ps2 except they have a usb port instead of a cord. the controllers have a 6 degree control censor thing which means if you move the controller it will do something on the screen. i personally think its a shame they didnt stik with the boomerang controller. ok price is 500 for 20 gig and 600 for 60. correct me on pricing if im wrong. release date is nov 11th. backward capatible with ps1 and ps2 games, playes dvds. supports hd graphics.

xbox 360 i havnt really botherd with much info. plays some xbox games. supports hd. cordless controllers. downloading service. some are loud, and dont turn your xbox360 with a cd in it it will scratch it.

feel free to add information

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 19 May 2006 21:20

Something to point out on the PS3 . . . only the $600 dollar versian will be compatible with online play . . . kinda a stupid move if you ask me . . .

I like the WII!

JoFa
Shredaholic

Post by JoFa » 19 May 2006 21:22

I like the Nintendo Wii the best so far.
**Austin Style Footbag**
~My Footblog~
...Jesse Lindley...

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 20 May 2006 00:16

smash brothers 3. thats all i have to say.

Etai Dvora
Circle Kicker

Post by Etai Dvora » 20 May 2006 09:50

smash brothers 3. thats all i have to say.
thats all that needs to be said
-Etai Dvora

-The 15-year-old shredder from Sunny (rainy) Florida

Vpicone
Shredaholic

Post by Vpicone » 20 May 2006 10:18

xbox360 is supposedly coming out with a DVR for 100$ that is xbox (only) compatible. How sick would that be? If you ask me i think that xbox won this round.
Vince Picone

JoFa
Shredaholic

Post by JoFa » 20 May 2006 11:24

That does sound pretty neat. Only problem is that the XBox is doing terrible in Japan, which is like one third of the video game market.
**Austin Style Footbag**
~My Footblog~
...Jesse Lindley...

SandWraith
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SandWraith » 21 May 2006 12:07

Also, Sony has been having issues with Immersion, which is a company that came up with the rumble technology used in controllers. As a result, they aren't having a rumble pack in PS3 controllers. They bullshit it with some stuff about how they're going for realism, which doesn't even make sense.

I think it's lame that Sony just essentially copied the Wii's innovations, but I don't think it'll make much of a difference. Nintendo will come out way on top in the next generation. Nearly everyone I've talked to that is remotely into gaming is gonna be buying one of those-- it's inexpensive, very innovative, and has some big games already well into development (Zelda: Twilight Princess, Smash Brothers Brawl, Super Mario Galaxies, Red Steel).

I don't honestly know between the Xbox 360 and the PS3 which will survive. I have always held the opinion that Playstation just spewed out tons and tons of games with the shotgun methodology: eventually you'll hit the mark. The Xbox had better graphics and a better online approach. Furthermore, the 360 is already out, will likely have a price drop initiated with the launch of the PS3, and has more robust online funcionality. On top of that, Grand Theft Auto has been announced to launch simultaneously on the 360 and the PS3, which kills one of Sony's few exclusives and one of their largest selling points.

The PS3 does have really good graphics, but I would say the 360 will have an edge in American markets, with the PS3 taking most of Japan based on precedent.
Zach Marine - Member of the Tendonitis Club!
blog

JoFa
Shredaholic

Post by JoFa » 21 May 2006 13:25

zelda at launch = the win
**Austin Style Footbag**
~My Footblog~
...Jesse Lindley...

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 21 May 2006 13:57

I can say that I'm gonna buy a PS3 probably, over an xbox360 or the Wii. Mainly because I want it for specific games that I want to play...I mean, I never even had an N64, so I don't get stoked when the next Smash Bros game comes out.

I mean, if they make a DBZ game for PS3, it will slay. I dunno. I just don't feel like switching back to nintendo after not having played kids games for so long.
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip Hard 2: Skip Harder
Skip Hard With A Vengeance
Coming soon. Yippee-kieaye-eh?
Skip-blog

Hakker
Multidex Master

Post by Hakker » 21 May 2006 14:39

If I got a PS3, it would be for one reason.

FFVII remake.

and maybe a few other things, but if its really 500 bucks, I might not. And if it has DRM, DEFINATELY not.
|\|3L$0|\| W3$-|-
Five feet of fury!!!
Im back!

carl winslow
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by carl winslow » 21 May 2006 19:43

I'll eventually get a Wii just because I love Nintendo's games -zelda, mario etc...
I doubt i'll get a ps3 or 360 for a few reasons.
I dont want my videogame system to use for non videogame things. If i want a DVR i'll get a Tivo.
I dont want to shell out that much cash.
I may however pick up a ps2 when the PS3 comes out, if there is a price drop for it. so i can catch up on all the stuff i missed out on.
Reginald VelJohnson

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 21 May 2006 20:24

dont forget, theres prolly gona be another silent hill thing, and more mario.

all for wii.

i dont care if im not a "kid" anymore, my heros are on that console, almost exclusively. metroid, zelda, mario, and the downloads... all my favs, ever.

ps. i hope megaman finds his way into smash bros 3

but that prolly wont happen

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 21 May 2006 20:36

Hakker wrote:If I got a PS3, it would be for one reason.

FFVII remake.

and maybe a few other things, but if its really 500 bucks, I might not. And if it has DRM, DEFINATELY not.
That would be my reason to get the PS3 also
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website
Pm me for details about Munster Bags!

Bander87
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Bander87 » 21 May 2006 20:46

Cost aside, I think I would get an xbox. Sure the wii (for x = 1 to 9999, print "i", next x) is sweeet, but I don't know if I would like the games as much as the ones for xbox. I mean, halo and medal of honor??? Medal of honor is just sick!

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 21 May 2006 21:50

Yeah, because of price reasons I probably won't get a PS3 right away. I'll wait for 6 months or so for the price to go down. The only games I care about is GTA4 and FFVII and GTA4 is a year and a half away.. I'm still not even sure they're making FFVII though. Wasn't that all just for the tech demo?

<--Has FFVII main character icon lol.
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 22 May 2006 03:14

shredzilla wrote:I'm still not even sure they're making FFVII though. Wasn't that all just for the tech demo?
square said its only tech demo, and as far as i see it ti wont give a remake of ffVII, but if they do, i get it, allong with gta4, and i also will wait till prices drop, and get a wii first, cause when its downwards compatible than iw ill get ff crystal chronicles first....
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

Chris Holden
Dolla Llama

Post by Chris Holden » 22 May 2006 13:58

Nintendo Wii looks like a winner. Price, innovation and game line-up is incredible. As long as they can land strong 3rd party support (other game developers beyond nintendo) for their new controller, they'll be set.

Xbox 360 has a good start, and a lot room to grow. No matter what happens, this system should continue to do well.

PS3 still has a lot of issues. No one really knows what it's capable of or if it even works, it's the price of a 360 and a Wii, and sony is being really cocky/gimmicky with it. If it's anything like the ps2, it will dominate, but if they slack off with this one, it could be a huge failure than Nintendo and Microsoft would love to take advantage of.

Of course, GAMES will be everything. Personally, as soon as I heard the Wii line-up I was sold. I still have no desire to own a 360, and haven't seen anything exciting from PS3.

On another note, The Nintendo DS has an ever increasing, powerful list of titles out and coming soon.

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 22 May 2006 14:01

Yeah, I mean, I've been playing Final Fantasy since I was born...straight up. So like, I can't just not play the next in the series cause the system is too expensive. No dice.

I've also come to enjoy playing the Metal Gear games, as well as DRAGONBALL Z BUDOKAI

Best game in the universe.
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip Hard 2: Skip Harder
Skip Hard With A Vengeance
Coming soon. Yippee-kieaye-eh?
Skip-blog

joplick
Shredaholic

Post by joplick » 22 May 2006 22:59

In regards to the 360 dieing in Japan, the fight isn't over yet.

SE and Game Arts are teaming up to make a shooter-type game, xbox260 onry.

Tri-Ace (Valkyrie Profile, Star Ocean) is developing an RPG with no details released yet.

A few other nifty sounding things are going the way of 360 as well.

Also 360 has a year head start against the other 2 consoles, all the sales, games, extra hardware, etc.

Although the trailers I've seen for PS3 games are incredibly hot (Advent Children quality = average graphics) the price on the new system because of that silly chip in it is waaay too steep. If that even hints to anything, I don't doubt the games will cost less than $80. I'd rather buy a used car than a PS3, seeing as they're the same price and I need a car.

Wii has a great game starting lineup. Has the history of nintendo, that is a common household name, afterall. Has a nice pricetag...there is a problem though. As time progresses 3rd party game makers make crappier games for the Nintendo systems and the only good releases their systems see any more are by Nintendo and Sega. These companies release games at a decent rate, but not nearly fast enough to keep things above water. I think the Wii will rely heavily on how successful 3rd party programmers are at making good games.
~Jared Wilbur~

Women are like a fine wine... they get better with age.

[life is]"A cycle of hollow joy and vicious self-hatred."
Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion