How often do you wash your shoes?

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
ptshredder
Shredalicious

Post by ptshredder » 08 May 2008 11:19

Hi!

I would like to know how often do you wash your shoes cuz my quantums is dirty a little bit and I wouldn't like to damage him.So should I wash my shoes or I can let him dirty?

thx
Tamas Papp

Benzilla
The Professional

Post by Benzilla » 09 May 2008 13:34

i would hand wash them with a sponge and soap. Be careful not to get them dirty, i would always just clean lavers with soap and a sponge, never had to clean my quantums...never let them have a chance of getting dirty :wink:

Wash only when they are dirty, and i mean pretty dirty...like mud/crap stains on them

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 09 May 2008 13:56

People wash their shred shoes :?:
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 09 May 2008 14:38

I've washed a couple of my pairs of lavers. Back when I didn't wear socks. Smelly! Anyway, you can just throw them in the washer with some dirty towels or something and they come out fairly clean. Make sure to tie your shoelaces tight and tuck them away or else they can be torn. I say washing every few months in enough.
Ben Skaggs

Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 09 May 2008 14:43

That works fine for Lavers . . . but I don't think I would do it with quatums. The mesh is way to weak. *shrugs*

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 09 May 2008 16:41

Don't shoes do damage to the cycling mechanism in washers? Yeah, dirty towels could be the solution in filling up space to suppress collision and impact, but I think the overall suspension of the shoes rolling around could distort the centripedal (sp?) force of the machine.

I go to laundromats to wash my clothes, and I see a lot of signs warning patrons not to throw their shoes inside the washer.

I guess it really depends if the washer you're using is vertical or horizontal...
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 09 May 2008 17:43

It never did damage to my mom's vertical washer.

ObArA'BaRs
Flower Child

Post by ObArA'BaRs » 11 May 2008 15:09

Wasabi wrote:People wash their shred shoes :?:
Im 20
JSACK wrote: wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Keep footbag'n till yo skins saggin.......

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 12 May 2008 12:25

I washed a pair of Lavers once in the machine and dryer (I don't think they shrunk or anything, although I think my laces did get torn up a bit like someone mentioned.) I don't see the need for this at all though, unless your feet are RIDICULOUSLY stinky... but then Lysol spray or a new pair of shoes may be your answer. (Or playing with socks on... 'cause... yeah)

Post by ville » 13 May 2008 00:48

Never

mr.alex
BSOS Beast

Post by mr.alex » 13 May 2008 12:51

ville wrote:Never
same here
Alexander Trenner
footbag-vienna - feel the spirit

SergeyKozlov
BSOS Beast

Post by SergeyKozlov » 13 May 2008 22:55

Once a week. With warm water, bit of soap and a brush

Sergey
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Sergey » 13 May 2008 23:35

Extremely rarely.
Sergey Pikalov

mitko
BSOS Beast

Post by mitko » 14 May 2008 13:50

Erik Chan wrote:I washed a pair of Lavers once in the machine and dryer (I don't think they shrunk or anything, although I think my laces did get torn up a bit like someone mentioned.)...
didn't your mom tell you to remove the laces when you wash shoes in the washing machine :P???
Oops, I just remembered that i wash my shoes with the laces, but you have to pull the tongue out, above the laces.

no but, its allright to wash shoes in the washing mashine on the color program, put it on 40 or 30 degrees C., with removed laces, and no more dryer Eric, hot things can screw up shoes ...and laces.

I also like my lavers dirty.
Dimitrov.

ptshredder
Shredalicious

Post by ptshredder » 24 May 2008 03:34

big thx, U guys lot help for me, I think I'll wash them monthly
Tamas Papp

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 20 Aug 2009 18:09

*Bump

My black Quantum3.1s are dirty from rust, and they have plenty of miles on them. I'm not sure if there's any bacteria growing on my shoes due to sweaty feet and what I've stepped on, but it's a high possibility. If I get an open wound on my feet (ie. scrape around ankle, some nicks on the heel from walking shoes), I'm a little fearful that I might get tetanus. In fact, my eyelets have gotten rusty from plenty of shred as well.

Should I go about washing my shoes with soap and a sponge/brush? Washing machine with dirty towels? How should I go about drying them? Leave them out in the sun?

Some advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't usually wash my shred shoes... :?
NYFA represent.

Corey
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Corey » 20 Aug 2009 18:20

waylon

i wash my lavers about once a month and they have/had rust on them around the eyelits and the area where the the eyelits touch the other part of the shoes

my method of washing was just throwing them in was
-put the laces inside the shoes
-throw shoes in wash
-take shoes out of wash and place in dryer
-remove from dryer and put outside in the sun (10hrs for me last time wasnt a warm day though)
-then i took some bleach and cleaned the shoe tongue (it wasnt completely clean)
-lastly i did a little scrubbing of the eyelits with some handsoap

hope this helps

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 21 Aug 2009 07:42

mr.alex wrote:
ville wrote:Never
same here
same here
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 21 Aug 2009 09:48

i left mine out in the rain at will digges's house last week, does that count?

when the funk gets too hardcore, that is when I wash my shoes.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

selainefuente
Circle Kicker

footbags

Post by selainefuente » 30 Aug 2009 21:47

hi ptshredder...
I am washing my shoes regularly. I dont want my shoes to let them dirty. And i dont want my shoes to get damaged.