sen

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 18 Apr 2012 21:41

So, I wasn't lazy on Monday...

Vertical Pull:
25 reps (+22 pts)
Horizontal Pull:
12 reps (+15 pts)
Body Weight Supported Squat:
20 reps (+9 pts)
Body Weight Half Squat:
15 reps (+8 pts)
15 reps (+8 pts)
15 reps (+8 pts)

Workout Streak: 156

Yesterday was a planned rest day (as is every tuesday)

Today was footbag:

Spinning butterfly > ducking clipper rpt
Pheonix both sides
Stepping work

Not much there. Shorter session too. Bike ride home was tough tonight for some reason.

Time in Zone:26:54
Average BPM:141
Peak BPM: 166
Calories Burned: 526
Workout Streak: 157

I'll try to take more video soon(tm).

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 20 Apr 2012 21:24

Didn't post yesterday, but did work out:

Wall Push-Up:
25 reps (+5 pts)
Incline Push-Up:
40 reps (+12 pts)
40 reps (+12 pts)
40 reps (+12 pts)
Flat Knee Raise:
23 reps (+5 pts)
23 reps (+5 pts)
23 reps (+5 pts)

Workout Streak: 158

And footbag tonight:

:arrow: fudge > smudge both sides
:arrow: stepping is making a little more sense each session

Time in Zone: 19:56
Average BPM: 119
Peak BPM: 171
Calories Burned: 521
Workout Streak: 159

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 22 Apr 2012 20:26

Again, not lazy yesterday, just too busy to post. Spent 4 hours on a bus to attend a 3 hour meeting, and then another 4 hours on the bus to get home.

Vertical Pull:
50 reps (+45 pts)
Horizontal Pull:
10 reps (+13 pts)
10 reps (+13 pts)
4 reps (+5 pts)
20 reps (+9 pts)
Body Weight Half Squat:
20 reps (+11 pts)
20 reps (+11 pts)
20 reps (+11 pts)

Workout Streak: 160

Today I played footbag. Mostly worked on stepping set.

Time in Zone: 20:56
Average BPM: 126
Peak BPM: 180
Calories Burned: 530
Workout Streak: 161

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 25 Apr 2012 20:32

Blah. After work tonight I went and helped some friends move. They fed me donair and smirnoff, then I came home and tried to shred...

-pitiful stepping attempts
-session cut short when I punched myself in the face and knocked my glasses off.

Decided to quite while I wasn't too far behind.

Workout Streak: 162

PS The moving was good muscle work and there is more of that in the coming week.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 26 Apr 2012 20:04

CC Tonight:

Jump Rope:
0:03:00 (+14 pts)
Vertical Pull:
30 reps (+27 pts)
Horizontal Pull:
10 reps (+13 pts)
10 reps (+13 pts)
5.5 reps (+7 pts)
20 reps (+9 pts)
Body Weight Half Squat:
21 reps (+11 pts)
21 reps (+11 pts)
21 reps (+11 pts)
Cycling:
0:15:00 || 4.5 km || moderate hills (+61 pts)
0:15:00 || 4.5 km || moderate hills (+61 pts)
Wish there was an advanced option for wind because it was pretty crazy on the way home.

Been eating like crap the last few days/about a week now... I will start controlling that now. Also, am starting to understand the principles behind Convict Conditioning and decided that for most exercises I will not increase by more than 1 rep per session. This should avoid the need to spend longer amounts of time at the progression standard.

Workout Streak: 163

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 06 May 2012 17:39

Haven't posted in over a week. . . Streak is not broken, just haven't been motivated to log it. Here is the quick summary.

Apr 27 - Footbag - 164
28 - CC - 165
29 - footbag - 166
30 - cc - 167
May 2 - Footbag - 168
May 3 - CC - 169
May the Fourth (Be With You) - Footbag - 170
May 5 - CC - 171
May 6 - Footbag - 172

There you go. In other news. I've been bad for eating junk. I got a new phone that I love. Galaxy Note. It is fun.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfgvX-iT ... tube_gdata[/youtube]

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 06 May 2012 22:10

Niiice run, Tony!
That first combo looked sooo smooth. I think this is the longest run I've seen from you. Your style is really great and laid back. I look forward to more! It was also neat to see you outside of your kitchen! We met briefly at ShrEdmonton a few years ago, but I don't remember seeing you shred -- I certainly didn't play in a circle with you.

Also, you've inspired me to go on a workout streak. I'm at, like, 2 weeks or something now :) It feels so good. And Fitocracy helps so much!

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 07 May 2012 21:41

Thanks for the kind words Erik. I really wanted to get that combo on film for you since you said you wanted to see it. Took me more tries than i wanted, but I was happy to have a decent run out of it. As for ShrEdmonton... If you had seen me play it was easy to forget. I was just coming back from a fairly long hiatus, and having little skill to start with... well I think my average string length was about 3. I had a blast though and think I won intermediates (not too dificult with only one other person in the level who I had 3+ years in the sport on). I hit PS Whirl for my sick 1. I still haven't hit that on my flip. Anyways, enough of memory lane.

Convict conditioning tonight.

Cycling:
0:12:24.7 || 2.8 mi || 13.4 mph (+63 pts)
0:13:35.7 || 2.8 mi || 12.4 mph (+58 pts)
http://runkeeper.com/user/117716708/activity/86432086
Incline Push-Up:
40 reps (+12 pts)
40 reps (+12 pts)
40 reps (+12 pts)
Flat Knee Raise:
27 reps (+5 pts)
27 reps (+5 pts)
27 reps (+5 pts)

Workout Streak: 173

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 07 May 2012 22:13

Holy. How do you keep up with so many sites/apps? I recently started doing MyFitnessPal again, and bought a scale today to help with that, but I find even just that alone to be really burdensome to maintain.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 08 May 2012 06:08

I've pretty much stopped using MyFitnessPal. I want to get back to it, but it is a pain to do. Runkeeper is an app on my phone that uses GPS to track my ride (it'll do runs and whatnot as well). It automatically uploads the exercise to fitocracy so it actually makes it easier since I don't need to figure out the distance I rode and put it in manually.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 08 May 2012 22:32

HOLY SHIT, TONY.

The video up there. WHOA. Dude, you got like... WOW. Great shred. I'm shocked at your improvements. Crazy shit man. Your game is looking so solid. I remember when we kicked together on that webcam thing a while ago, and your runs were a few contacts long. You can really tell you've been practicing hard. Hard work is paying off dude. Keep that shit up! You look really healthy too!
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 09 May 2012 20:07

Nick. That means a lot to me. I hope to keep progressing and I do feel I've been doing so at a decent speed.

Tonight I played in my kitchen again. What can I say about the session? Over all it was decent and I got a few things I wanted to. However, my left leg is really really slow. And also, my left side clipper seems to want to go anywhere except where I attempt to direct it. That makes things challenging.

:arrow: ducking clipper > near pick up BSOS
:arrow: spinning clipper > gyro clipper rpt (always lose control at that point and can not keep it going)

I mentioned ECFFC to Natel... while flying is out of the question she claims if I can convince her boss to give her time off we can drive up. It would mean a full 7 days off work. 2 day's drive each way. Well, 42 hours each way. Assuming we sleep at some point... ya, I don't think it'll happen. We really can't afford the time off work. :x

Workout Streak: 174

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 28 May 2012 08:52

Well, I fell just short of 200 I guess. I haven't worked out of kicked in over a week. I had a bad feeling in my knee so I took some time off. Plus I didn't feel like doing it.

Still don't, but I know I need to start up again soon.

That isn't why I'm here, and this post isn't going to be pleasant to read, so if you don't wanna be bummed out stop reading now.

I turn 24 today. Big whoop. I don't celebrate birthdays so it really doesn't feel different in any way from yesterday. It does however, dredge up a sad memory. Today was supposed to be the first day I saw my child. We had an ultrasound scheduled for today. When the appointment was made we thought it was kinda special that it was on my birthday. If I did celebrate them I couldn't imagine a better gift. We were excited. A week or two after we booked that appointment we found out we lost our child. Not gonna lie, it's been really hard to move on from this. And harder still for my wife. I can't even imagine. We are really just starting to get back to living a normal life after being crushed back in March, but now this date is just a painful reminder of what we have lost. I wonder when it will stop hurting... from talking with others I'm not sure it ever will. At first I thought that maybe when we got pregnant again and actually made it through the pain would ease, but I'm not so sure any more. I know the entire pregnancy will be really hard. And I'm wondering now if having a child will be a constant reminder of the one we lost. I hope not. That wouldn't be fair to our child. Any way, I'm thinking of what we lost today, and I'm hoping that the future holds happier times.

Just wanted to write that down somewhere. If you read it, thanks. If you stopped reading at my warning, I'm ok with that. But I guess if you did you wouldn't be reading this, would you? Why am I still typing it then? Alright, I'm out.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 29 May 2012 18:09

It's good to see you posting again. I was wondering where you went. Thank you for sharing. It must be really hard. I would think there are support groups for things like this. Have you looked into that? My brother killed himself 3 years ago and my dad is still completely beat up about it, and the way you wrote this reminded me of how he writes about his feelings, so I feel that in a way I can understand the difficulty you're going through. I think finding a support group or people who've experienced a similar experience with whom to share your grief would be really healthy and a good way to overcome your pain. Your doctor should have some info for such things. Good luck. I hope things turn up for you soon. You'll be in my thoughts.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 05 Jun 2012 09:48

Thank you Erik.

I am going to start playing again. And doing other fitness related things. But I'm going to change my game plan up a little bit. Since I got into fitness I've been very structured and planned out. I have always felt this gave me the accountability I needed. And I still believe that to be true, however I have come to realize that doing it that way makes fitness into a chore and I get burned out. Almost every day I force myself to do it and the whole time I'm thinking, "I don't wanna do this." So I'm going to try to make it more fun. And if I don't feel like doing it I won't. And if I feel like doing something that's not planned like going for a walk or playing frisbee with my wife, that's cool. I won't force myself to still do my "planned" workout in addition to that.

I've been eating like crap lately as well and need to get that in check. A huge bag of fuzzy peaches and 3 chocolate bars yesterday... smooth...

So my current fitness plan is: Eat less junk. Play footbag a few times a week. Do some Convict Conditioning a few times a week. Do fun stuff with Natel whenever I can.

In other news, Saturday was our 5-Year Wedding Anniversary. We're short on cash so we didn't buy presents or do anything really big. We watched the first 2 Men In Black movies at home, then went to Boston Pizza for supper (While we were courting a lot of our time together was at a Boston Pizza in Natel's home town) and then went and watched MiB III at the movies. It was nice. It's been a while since we saw a movie in theatre and even longer since we went just the two of us. So long I can't even remember.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 05 Jun 2012 10:56

Boston Pizza has heart-shaped pizzas on Valentine's Day!
I like doing creative things for my girlfriend for landmark dates (since I usually also have no money). For her upcoming birthday I'm trying to make origami roses -- it's, like, the hardest thing in the world. I spent 1.5 hours getting halfway through the first one, and then it broke... Last Christmas I made a painting of her, then cut it into pieces and made a treasure hunt where each piece was a clue, on the back, to find the next. The hardest part is trying to do something like that without your live-in spouse seeing you working on it...

That sounds like a good plan for fitness. I feel like after 200 days straight you probably have instilled some stronger natural inclination to work out. I totally know what you mean about the forcing. I think my record so far has been 12 days, and almost every single day is forced, but I feel that if I can build up the dedication to do even a fraction of what you were doing in terms of consistency, then I can more easily transition into working out in a more laid-back, fun way. I feel like if I just did that now, I just would never work out :P At least we have footbag -- that's fun. And cycling I enjoy.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 05 Jun 2012 11:09

Yes, cycling is enjoyable. I don't make the time to any other my commuting. And that is only a 15 minute ride each way. I should do more. My wife wants to get a bike but that won't be until next year. Maybe then I'll do more pleasure riding.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 05 Jun 2012 12:41

I was originally going to have my first session back tomorrow evening, but browsing this site and thinking about kicking made me start early. Dug out my Quantums from the bottom of my work locker and kicked on my lunch break.

Quantums are weird. Even when I was playing regularly I had trouble with toe stalls when in Quantums. I don't feel like I use the walls of my gunits as a crutch, but I guess I must. I hope my quantums can stay in one piece for long enough to train my self better. They are in bad shape though. My plan is to continue using gunits at home and I'll try to play at work a few times a week and use the quantums here.

Session Lites:

:arrow: open illusion both sides
:arrow: clipper > flapper > clipper > ducking clipper > flapper > clipper
:arrow: ducking butterfly both sides

Ya, not willing to call those highlites. I've dropped pretty far in skill level, but hopefully it will come back quickly.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 06 Jun 2012 12:48

Another lunch time session

Alternating Toe Stalls x79, x40, x84, x90

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 07 Jun 2012 21:34

About an hour session at my new favorite Shred spot. It can be seen in the video below. It's about a two minute bike ride from my place. It's pretty nice. It's a wood surface and is a bit uneven in places but I don't think it'll cause me too much trouble. The other features make up for the slightly less than ideal surface.

I didn't really set out to hit anything specific or doing anything specific tonight. Just wanted to play and try out the new spot I drove past last weekend. After one decent string I looked up and across the street a girl had stopped to watch. As I looked up and saw her she gave me a thumbs up. She ended up crossing the street and we chatted a bit. If I was less socially challenged I might have got more info from her. She asked if I lived nearby and said she used to hack but was never this good. She also asked how long I had been playing. Perhaps she is interested in learning more and I missed an opportunity... I have to say I would feel quite awkward asking a teenage girl for her number or giving her mine... Maybe I'll run into her again sometime as I plan to play there quite often.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHIHvjge ... ocked=true[/youtube]