sen

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 19 Jan 2006 12:37

Woo Hoo!!! Someone read my blog!

Thanks Tom, your comment reminded me that I should read up on your blog, I haven't had the chance to check out what I missed in my Absence . . . Hope I get time to do that soon, and I can't wait for the bags :D

Edit: PAGE SIX IN MY BLOG!!!!

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 19 Jan 2006 20:21

I didn't play today, but decided I'd tell you all about an interesting event from today. . .

Monkey in the Middle is a fun game. I tossed a footbag at a few girls in my class today and then suddenly found myself playing monkey in the middle with them. in the middle of our school .. . it was stupid and funny and really really fun all at once. We were only sitting about 5 feet from one another so it was really challenging to keep it away from the "monkey" I dunno, we had fun.
Last edited by sen on 20 Jan 2006 07:14, edited 1 time in total.

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 19 Jan 2006 20:30

HA :lol:
Monkey in the middle :!:
thats awesome.
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 19 Jan 2006 21:35

Wecome back!
How is the whole religion thing going?
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 20 Jan 2006 07:22

Hey TC, thanks for reading my blog! My religion "thing" is going really great. I love the Bible and I love learning from it and teaching others about it. I even love that stuff more than footbag 8O . . . Recently I got a huge privledge and responsibility in my congregation so I'm really happy with it, and it keeps me super busy, but that's how I like it.

<b>Friday, January 20, 2006 (morning)</b>
I didn't sleep last night. I stayed up late doing a big essay, then an art drawing and just decided not to sleep at all. i watched shred vids and lurked around Modified all night instead. So I decided to shred before school this morning. I played for an hour (the hour BEFORE I would normally get out of bed). I just went light, and worked on consistency a bit. I did a new personal Consec record for Fairy: 5! That's three up on my last one. Other than that I just did lots of in-out atw > out-in ate rpt, and some clippers and some butterflys and almost a footbag in my mothers toast . . .

For some reason even though I didn't play heavily I have a wicked sore shin . . . I think my splints are returning :cry: Let's hope not!

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 20 Jan 2006 08:39

WOAH!

I just downloaded VCL Player at school and watched Blitz in the Hood . . . it's been sitting in my folder on the school server for months. Istead of digging up the thread, I figured I'd just post my comments here.

I love Eli's video's with the narration, they rock, I loved Undefeated and I love this one even more!! So great. I don't really have anything profound to say about it . . . but it was sweet made me want to shred really badly . . . too bad I'm in class and my legs still feel like jelly!

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 22 Jan 2006 18:32

So, me and Garrett Dryden are teaming up to form Team DRYDEN.

Hopefully he'll post what's he's up to in here and you can expect more from me. Make sure you check out his bags over at www.freedomfootbags.com or PM him for his upper panel models (12, 32, ect)

That's all for tonight, i haven't played all weekend . . . got finals next week. :roll:

The Dryden
Hack Fiend

Post by The Dryden » 22 Jan 2006 18:48

Hello everyone,
As you may have heard, Tony Whitney and I have just started a team. We are know as "Team Dryden". I would really apriciate if you thought about my bags as a new way to shred. If you want to buy a bag go to FreedomFootbags.com or like Tony said PM or Instant message me on Hotmail For my "2,4,12,14,32" panel bags if you have any specific weights or color combos. Or if you have any questions :?: about my product.
I will post more when i have less stiching to do :!:

Peace from Team Dryden, 8)

Garrett Dryden

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 23 Jan 2006 13:29

<B><U>Monday, January 23, 2006</b></u>

I played this afternoon becuase I had no school . . . YAY!

Anyways, I had a fairly long, yet slow session. When I started I decided I was gonna hit Mirage>illusion>pickup repeat.
It took quite a wwhile . . . but eventually I got it. I started with flipside mirage, because both tricks are weak on that side. It felt pretty cool, and while I was working on that I decided to try spinning clipper>ducking clipper repeat. After quite a few misses I hit too.

I also decided to go for flipside spinning clipper . . . I think I've hit it once before. It seems like there is soo much to think about while trying to do it, but i got it a few times.

I guess I accomplished a bit today, considering I wrote an english final inthe morning and have a history one tomorrow!

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 24 Jan 2006 13:18

<b><u>Tuesday, January 24, 2006</b></u>

I had a short session this afternoon. I hit spinning slipper on my flipside a few times, plus I hit diving clipper on my flipside. I feel that my flipside is getting better and better and I'm really trying to work on it.

Other than that I messed around with drifter for while after seeing Anz Trickz vids . . . came close a bunch, but never quite got it. oh, well . . . I'll keep trying.

The Dryden
Hack Fiend

Post by The Dryden » 24 Jan 2006 15:23

To day and last night i was working on breaking in my Brand new pair of rod lavers. The feel of rods is so much different then what i have always used, I have always used Etnies to shred with... they are big, heavy, skatboarding shoes. As soon as i get thes rods broken in i will be able to keep my sets better.

Peace,
Garrett Dryden

hackeysnacker

Post by hackeysnacker » 24 Jan 2006 16:52

if u kick w/ new lavers and a chainmail bag the shoes will break in relatively quickly, just watch the toes

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 24 Jan 2006 17:33

hackeysnacker wrote:if u kick w/ new lavers and a chainmail bag the shoes will break in relatively quickly, just watch the toes
He's got LE's so that won't work so well . . .

He also seems to have it in his head that modding them is a <b>bad</b> idea . . .

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 26 Jan 2006 12:18

<b><u>Thursday, January 26, 2006</b></u>

I had a short session this afternoon. Mostly worked on challenges from Asmus. I hit:
<b>Illusion > Legover [rpt]
Mirage > SS Mirage [rpt]
ATW In > Pixie Opp Toe [rpt]
ATW Out > Fairy Opp Toe [rpt]
SS Pickup > Pickup [rpt] </b>
I ended the session alot earlier than I would have liked, but my shins are starting to feel bad so I figured I better give then a rest. So I guess that's all!

The Dryden
Hack Fiend

Post by The Dryden » 26 Jan 2006 14:36

Hey,
Ya i just bought my Leather Rod Lavers, and i was really hopeing that I could find some mesh ones but the leather is all i could find.
I know i need to mod them and i dont think it is a bad idea but you have to relize, Im 15 years old and my mom bought these rods with her hard earned $$$$$, im not saying she would be mad..... she would be :evil: ferious. Most likely she would find a rusty steak knife and stab me in the Retna 8O .

hahahahhahahah,
peace,
Garrett Dryden

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 26 Jan 2006 19:47

Hey Garrett, my mom was the same with my first pair. The way I convinced her to let me mod 'em was by explaining that I only wanted the shoes to play footbag in and that to make them optimal for footbag I needed to make some modifacations. After that she was relucrant but let me.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 01 Feb 2006 12:41

<B><U>Wednesday, Febuary 1, 2006</b></u>

I feel like a Rockstar.

Playing for an audeince is great! At noon hour today I decided to play in the pit of my school I was wearing pants so all I was doing was some dexless stuff. I really like playing dexless, it feels smooth. Anyways I was doing lots of osis and ducking/spinning moves and suddenly, one-by-one, grade 7-9 girls started filling the pit. It was cool, they started requesting certain things and stuff. I know they are only like 12 year old girls, but it felt good that they were into it.

Ducking clipper is feeling really good both sides, so is ducking osis (today was my first day doing them).
I also did some flying moves off the planters (about 5 feet high). That pleased the crowd.
I'm finally getting the hang of two bag toe juggling (not at all sure on the correct term for that).

I guess that's really all the highlights but it was fun!

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 01 Feb 2006 20:48

<b><u>Wednesday, Febuary 1, 2006</b></u> (evening session)

I figure by having two sessions today it will make up for the lack of playing lately . . .

After work I had a pretty good session. I decided to work on a few challenges and I hit:

Pixie Legover (BSOS)
illusion > pickup > rpt

I felt good about those. I also spent quite a bit of time on flipside spinning clippers. They are pretty tough for me. I have to think WAY too much during them. It seems like if I think of everything I can them just fine. I even hit ducking clipper out of it once.

My flip clipper is starting to feel really solid. I like that feeling. :) My string length seemed to be getting better tonight too, so that's good. Anyways, I think that's all I have for now.

Thanks for reading and feel free to post whatever thought pops into your mind . . .

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 13 Feb 2006 23:21

<b><U>Monday, Feburary 13, 2006</b></u>

Wow, it's been awhile . . .

I was house sitting all last week and couldn't shred, that got me out of the habbit. The break had a major effect on my game... SOO rusty.

I managed to hit a few cool things though:

flip spinning osis. I worked on flip spinning clipper alot and it felt pretty good, so I figured I'd try for osis and got it second try. Happy.
For my next highlight I must apologive because I have no clue what it's called, or if there is any "common" name for it. Clip set diving mirage. i think that's what it is. Anyways I hit it both sides today.
Also Paradox mirage seem to be getting easier.

That's it. It was a short session. Half hour short.

In other news, i read the entire Bags I've made thread between last night and this morning. I wanna start stitching again. Gonna see if I can pick up some material when I hit up Wal Mart tomorrow.

Garrett, where are you?? Why didn't keep our blog alive? lol

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 15 Feb 2006 11:51

<b><u>Wednesday, Feburary 15, 2005</b></u>

What a great day!

Great mood= good shred!

Ok, I had a great morning. I found out I'm going on a vacation this summer with everyone I ever hang out with!!! It's gonna be really awesome. That put in a great mood. I played footbag. :D

Biggest thing that I feel I did is flip pixie whirl. I can't hit flip whirl, but I hit flip pixie whirl FIRST TRY!!! Then I hit flip whirl after.
Once I knew I could hit flip whirl I hit: Whirl > butterfly > whirl > butterfly. Second try. It fely GREAT!
I also hit 15 contacts of butterfly > rpt. That felt good. I also hit Magellan and sidewalk and pixie ss whirl, although all only on strong side . . . Pixie sets are starting to feel so much better. That's pretty much it for new stuff.

I also hit 15 consec butterfly's. and 19 clippers.

And to make my day even better Tom just told me he's done my new bags!! As soon as Peng is done her's they will send them to me. That's THREE new bags coming my way!!! WOOT!

I need to go do something . . . maybe start stiching!!! WOOT!!