['what comes after the basics?']

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

WiGeek
Multidex Master

['what comes after the basics?']

Post by WiGeek » 20 Sep 2005 20:31

Been practicing a lot... Got all my stalls down (Inside, Toe, Flipside Outside, Clipper delay)

Got a couple DEX Toe > Dex > Toe Kick, Inside > Dex >Inside Kick

And some other variations Step over, 360's, Jester...

So what should I do now?

Also, is this a trick? If so what's it called? Inside Del > Op Dex [IN/Out] > Inside Kick (but my dex foot doesn't plant before the kick)...
j||o||r||d||a||n
t||h||o||m||p||s||o||n

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 20 Sep 2005 22:00

I'd learn mirages, legovers, and illusions.

You did a inside set > dragonfly kick.
Ben Skaggs

Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

WiGeek
Multidex Master

Post by WiGeek » 21 Sep 2005 07:02

Can you put the steps on there for me of how to do it?
j||o||r||d||a||n
t||h||o||m||p||s||o||n

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 21 Sep 2005 07:37

mirage:
toe stall > op in-out dex > op toe stall

Legover:
toe stall > op out-in dex > same toe stall

Illusion:
toe stall > op out-in dex > op toe stall

WiGeek
Multidex Master

Post by WiGeek » 21 Sep 2005 07:41

When I get out of class, I'm DEF. gonna try those...
j||o||r||d||a||n
t||h||o||m||p||s||o||n

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 21 Sep 2005 07:45

If you do alright with those I suggest going to www.footbag.org/freestyle and checking out all the 2-add tricks. Work those until you can do them all in your sleep. BOTH SIDES!

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 21 Sep 2005 07:51

sen wrote:BOTH SIDES!
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

WiGeek
Multidex Master

Post by WiGeek » 21 Sep 2005 08:37

sen wrote:If you do alright with those I suggest going to www.footbag.org/freestyle and checking out all the 2-add tricks. Work those until you can do them all in your sleep. BOTH SIDES!
Thanks again. It's awesome to have people help you learn, because if it wasn't for you guys, it would SOOO hard to get into footbag. Thanks :)
j||o||r||d||a||n
t||h||o||m||p||s||o||n

Blackend
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Blackend » 21 Sep 2005 10:48

Here's stuff for you to do:

Legover > Mirage rpt
Illusion > Pickup rpt
Clipper > Toe > Op Clipper > Toe rpt

Drill those for a while. They really help improve your moves. Have fun.

Oh yeah, like everyone said, don't forget to do it both sides! :evil:
Sam Mayer

"Son, a woman is like a beer. They smell good, they look good, you'd step over your own mother just to get one!" - Homer Simpson

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 21 Sep 2005 11:33

WiGeek wrote: Thanks again. It's awesome to have people help you learn, because if it wasn't for you guys, it would SOOO hard to get into footbag. Thanks :)
I remember being the guy that needed the help a few years ago so I'm always try to help new people out as much as I can.

WiGeek
Multidex Master

Post by WiGeek » 21 Sep 2005 12:22

Yeah, it's real nice and GREATLY appreciated for you and others to help me. :)
j||o||r||d||a||n
t||h||o||m||p||s||o||n

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 23 Feb 2006 08:05

lonelytraveler8
Circle Kicker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:23 pm Post subject: Where to? Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Hiya. I learned my regular hits three or four years ago and met a friend last year in a different town that plays. He got me back into it two months or so ago when I saw him do an ATW. It was the first time I'd seen any type of freestyling and I jumped back into the game immediately. Now, with two months of freestyling experience we are at roughly the same level. We each prefer certain tricks and can do some better than the other. My question is where should I go from here? I've been trying to link some tricks together the past couple weeks, but I don't think I'm getting very creative and I'd also like some variety so I don't do the same string of tricks everyday. I'll make a little list of some tricks I can do. Any suggestions on strings or where to go from here would be awesome.

Basic Stalls
Pendulum
Eclipse
Leg Over
ATW
Mirage
Toe Mirage
Paradox Mirage
[CLIP] > same out [DEX] > op. [CLIP] (Not sure what this one is called, my friend and I did it while improvising the other day)

I'm currently working to improve my left foot tricks as well as learning the Osis(It's frustrating me very much), Ripwalk and Double Leg Over (I actually got this one once about an hour ago).

So that's that. Any suggestions? Smile
Rockey
Shredalicious

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:50 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Hey there,

you should learn Illusions and Pickups

Illusions are reverse mirages, so the dex is from out to in instead of in to out. The dex is performed with your lower leg as opposed to your upper leg with mirage.

Pickups are reverse leg overs, so the dex is from in to out instead of out to in. So the dex is like a mirage only you stall the bag on the same foot that you dex with.

How about pixies and fairies? These are like ATW dexes only stalling the bag on the opposite foot. Or they can all downtime like a mirage or illusion set from the same toe.

When you get these moves down you'll have a solid tiltless foundation. You should try to do as many varieties of the moves you know as you can. For instance, clipper set far leg overs and same side leg overs.

Definitely work hard on linking moves too. For instance, mirage > leg over repeat is an extremely useful drill. Consecutive ATWs both directions are good to work on as well.

I'm pretty sure the trick you and your friend did the other day is a butterfly. It's a very common and useful trick so you should learn it well both sides.

Good luck![/b][/quote]
Bander87
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Not bad for 2 months. What Will said, illusions and pickups. They are both pretty fun IMO. Once you can do all the basics, make sure you can do them both sides, meaning with different legs.

Ben Adler - Will shred for free
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lonelytraveler8
Circle Kicker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Alrighty, I can already do illusion. I forgot to mention them. I can do pickups, too, but I didn't know they had a name. I guess from here I'll concentrate on getting my left leg up to spee. For now, though, I have to rest a sprained ankle. Thanks for the help.