Paradon

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Paradon

Post by zachatree » 26 Oct 2004 06:35

i cant seem to beabule to stall the bag after i do something like double atw or double far legovers, can any one help ?

Paradon
TOE >> OP OUT [DEX] > SAME OUT [DEX] > OP CLIP [XBD][DEL]
http://www.hackrifice.com/moves/4paradon.wmv]

[Merged various paradon/double dex/double down threads & renamed - Frank_]

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 26 Oct 2004 06:45

I think you just have to do it over and over and train your muscles to the movement.

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Posi-Cole » 26 Oct 2004 06:52

Chances are that means your dexes aren't tight enough and you aren't giving yourself enough time to delay the bag.

Don't rush double dexes, they will come with time, and it may be the sort of thing that just starts to happen and you don't have to push the issue. Once you get a solid foundation and suddenly starting learning sets, double dexes will come quickly.

However, if you can never delay the bag its possible that your dexes aren't fast or precise enough and therefore you are left with an inadequate time to catch the bag.

Practice!
Cole Hobson

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 26 Oct 2004 13:05

i been drilling this one motion all the time when im just hanging out with friends, with out a bag... clipper>op out>op out>cliper whats this called? and just curius dose any one else have a habbit of shreding with out a bag, i think it helps me... thats how i learnd osis and far leg overs, some times i get carryed away bc i dont have a bag and i want to shred sooo much that i start shreding with out a bag, i bet it looks funny but some times its fun, bc i pretended to hit whirl winds and stuff :)

AIvanyo
BSOS Beast

Post by AIvanyo » 26 Oct 2004 16:32

clip>op out>op out>clipper would be pdx. legbeater, nut I think you meant, clip>op out>same out>clipper, that would be barfly.
Andrew Ivanyo

Representing The Ministry of Silly Walks

dazza
Flower Child

Post by dazza » 26 Oct 2004 17:01

I think this would be called mxzyptlk ( no kidding !!!),
a bubba op butterfly...

Sometimes i also go for training a motion without a bag,
usually when i wanna learn new tricks ( that are in my range
of possibilities :wink: ).
How's your game going in general ?

daryl
EASYKINKI

AIvanyo
BSOS Beast

Post by AIvanyo » 26 Oct 2004 17:07

oh yeah :oops: . It is bubba.
Andrew Ivanyo

Representing The Ministry of Silly Walks

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 26 Oct 2004 19:04

NuR wrote:How's your game going in general ?

http://www.modified.ca/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=6074

thats what we got footblogs for :)

really good id say, just to day i hit ducking butterfly on my flip and just got mad close to cliper>dlo

Blue_turnip
Egyptian Footgod

Paradon

Post by Blue_turnip » 24 Mar 2005 01:19

Paradon
TOE >> OP OUT [DEX] > SAME OUT [DEX] > OP CLIP [XBD][DEL]
http://www.hackrifice.com/moves/4paradon.wmv

I looked in the other paradon thread but i found this is abit of a different question...

I have hit paradon both sides but I find it really difficult. What are some easier moves that I can drill to prepare me for paradon???

[merged into double dexing/double downs thread - Frank_]
Oliver Adams

RRendsvig
Multidex Master

Post by RRendsvig » 24 Mar 2005 02:52

Peaktime Illusion.
Rasmus Rendsvig

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 24 Mar 2005 03:39

matt cross told me this when i was learning paradon an it really seemed to help, just break the move down an think about it as a really fast leg over then straight on in to a butterfly. this really helped me hope this helps

zach

Colin
Flower Child

Post by Colin » 24 Mar 2005 04:46

That's how I think of them too. Legover, and almost 'bailish' to butterfly, even though there's more dex involved. Concentrate on a tight, controlled dex.
Colin Kennedy
ckennedy@footbag.org

Uranos
Flower Child

Post by Uranos » 24 Mar 2005 20:08

if you are really good at double switch, when you do paradons your dexes become more easy...at least for me. What i am saying is that if you can double switch as easy as atw....you don't have to worry about the dexterity part of the paradon, but the set.

i might be wrong but that worked for me.
Alex Urano

Blue_turnip
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Blue_turnip » 01 Apr 2005 05:23

im pretty sure that if i could do double switch as easy as atw then id be working on something along the lines of... say ... surging paradon swirl... but thanks for the tip anyway
Oliver Adams

Ogden 09/04
BSOS Beast

Post by Ogden 09/04 » 01 Apr 2005 06:19

think of the first dex s an illusion, and then just drop down, Tom Mosher told me that, and then i learned to hit them often in a week or so. thx tom
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Derrick Ogden

Will Digges
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Will Digges » 01 Apr 2005 10:37

Like ogden said, thats how i thought of it, start the first dex like a reverse mirage and drop right into clipper
Will Digges

Embassy Footbag Crew

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 23 Feb 2006 04:42

Krafty
Fearless

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:27 pm Post subject: DOD and Paradon Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Hey guys, do ya have any tips for double over down and paradon? I can dex them most of the time but I'm always about half a second too late for the delay! Should I set higher (when I do this, I the the dexes) or what should I do? Also, would being able to hit dbl atw out to in consistently help (I can do out to ins about 2 out of 5 times)? Any advice for hitting dod and paradon would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Jeremy
Iraq Disarmed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:12 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
You don't need a high set - like above knee height but lower than waist.

For paradon - set the bag and change feet immediatly - bring the dexing leg into position straight away. I tend to think of it as like doing a fakey atomic set. You do the same action as an atomic set - but you don't dex the bag straight away - wait until peak time. I hope that makes sense.

Double over down feels a lot different unless you plant on both moves which is bad technique and probably makes both moves "the". I tend to set a little lower than for paradon and do it like an atw bailed into a ss butterfly - it should still all be one action - but I start doing an out atw and after my leg has done the first dex I just follow it around with the momentum into a butterfly.

Practice the action for both moves - including the feet work for paradon - without the bag until they feel smooth and you have good balance.

"you're signature really irks me. It only proves the self-righteousness that I know has always existed in you." - Dan Feary
comastalker
BSOS Beast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Jeremy wrote:
which is bad technique

but helps alot with DDDs, barflys, atomic DDs, pixie ss DDs, blurrier, blurriest...

"And today the great Yertle, The Marvelous he,
Is King of the Mud. That is all he can see.
And the turtles, of course...all turtles are free
As turtles and, maybe, all creatures should be."
- Dr. Seuss
ICQ Number
Krafty
Fearless

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Thanks for the tips guys! I hit my first ever double over down today and came really close to hitting paradon both sides!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 23 Feb 2006 06:58

Pro In Training
Hack Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:52 pm Post subject: double down help Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I need help with doing double downs. I can do them, but very rarely. I just need some advice to doing them consistantly.
NuR
Fearless

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Drill uptime legovers, peak time illusions, butterflies and out to in datws .
What double down move(s) have you hit ? Paradon ? DoD ?

- bavarian zen koan -

www.munich-footbag.de

Daryl Canady
Uranos
Egyptian Footgod

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
illusioning clipper/butterfly - thats one way to think when hitting them

Things to school -
uptime leg overs and datw out to in as Nur said.
double switchover

for moves like paradon, you have to plant foot quickly and dex quick.

Drilling the motion without the bag is also good. Watch vasek or someone do a double down somewhere and copy the motions

Good luck Cool
http://www.modified.ca/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=11782
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Pro In Training
Hack Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
NuR wrote:
Drill uptime legovers, peak time illusions, butterflies and out to in datws .
What double down move(s) have you hit ? Paradon ? DoD ?

I've hit DoD and came really close to a Paradon.

Uranos wrote:
Drilling the motion without the bag is also good. Watch vasek or someone do a double down somewhere and copy the motions

I've watched this Vasek video: http://www.barredalien.com/Vasek%2000.wmv . It helps a little.
King Monkey
Egyptian Footgod

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Most stuff has been said... for moves like Barfly, practice Reaper ie. far double switch. The trouble i have with flip barfly is holding my leg in the air for the dexes, as it lacks the strength of my strong leg, so Reaper is good for training the leg strength and simultaneous dexing.
Also the fast switch technique is good here, whereby you raise the dexing leg as soon as possible after the set, while simultaneously sliding your support leg backwards slightly .........see Ales videos hehehe im not sure if i even do it right but its good

For Paradon, try to set straight up from toe and move your double down over it, rather than setting at an angle, as the bag will come to your catching foot at an angle otherwise.
For Down double down, set and then slide back slightly on your support leg, to give space for the double down.Set waist height and close to your body.

BenRea
modiphile

whats wrong with this move and why cant i hit it [paradon]

Post by BenRea » 25 Dec 2006 18:55

Please help, thanks

http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=2dmdwsy

[merged into double downs thread - Frank_]
Ben Rea

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 25 Dec 2006 19:20

it looks like you are just a little bit off, try getting the setting foot down as quickly as possible and it might help to start the first dex a bit symposium like to get extra speed. Also it's way easier to do the first dex like an illusion then let the bag fall through to a butterfly (rather than butterfly style dex to rev whirl dex style).