Flipsider: Reborn, a new era in footbag

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
Flipsider
BSOS Beast

Flipsider: Reborn, a new era in footbag

Post by Flipsider » 30 Mar 2006 11:37

First off, DON'T FLOOD MY SITE!!! That means do not download every video you possibly can just because you "must see" every footbag video ever made. I don't want to max out my servers on the first day and get shut down. There is A LOT to see (and read) so take your time, and check out new stuff on an as needed basis. Ok, now that I've made myself a jerk, let me turn your frowns upside down. :cry: > :D

THE DAY HAS COME. For those who have never seen Flipsider, let me just say your game is about to change.

The only other thing I ask is to please make your comments on *flipsider*. I would much rather see 10 replies to the Public Release topic (on the front page) than 100 here. So please register, and take advantage all the site has to offer. There is a members-only forum (only visible when logged in) if anyone has any questions.

Enjoy.
Last edited by Flipsider on 03 Apr 2006 15:59, edited 1 time in total.
Ellis Piltz
Flipsider, The New.

setman
Banned user

Post by setman » 30 Mar 2006 11:49

thanks, i can download massive tricks again.

btw. the website looks great.

ps. why there is no big apple sauce in massive section ?
Kamil Hucal

mitko
BSOS Beast

Post by mitko » 30 Mar 2006 12:39

You are THE HERO Ellis!!!!!
I'm gonna love you for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever......

THE SITE ROCKS!!
Dimitrov.

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 30 Mar 2006 13:19

*hug*
Ben Skaggs

Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

Lazytowner
Multidex Master

Post by Lazytowner » 30 Mar 2006 14:51

AWESOME! I've always wondered when this new version was coming up to surface. *high five* Really nice.

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 30 Mar 2006 15:04

wow, I can hardly ever get to the homepage, and when i finally try and watch a video, my computer says that it blocked a virus from entering :(
Matt Kemmer

Flipsider
BSOS Beast

Get Firefox

Post by Flipsider » 30 Mar 2006 16:44

Matt K wrote:wow, I can hardly ever get to the homepage
You can't access the home page? explain.
Matt K wrote:when i finally try and watch a video, my computer says that it blocked a virus from entering :(
Download Firefox, make it your default browser and never use Internet Explorer again.

I've programmed the Videos to automatically download instead of playing in the browser. If IE freaks out at this action, try changing your settings, or just allow the download to continue.

At everyone else, thanks for the comments.
Ellis Piltz
Flipsider, The New.

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 30 Mar 2006 16:48

well i was trying about every 5-10 minutes and it would hardly ever work, it would just come up with the "Cannot find server" message, although it did just work

And i'm not sure if that whole firefox thing will work. Family computer, and my mom doesn't like it when i mess with things :?

edit: Well, the cheese processer vid worked and so did spinning far flux, so i'm just assuming everything else will as well
Last edited by Matt K on 30 Mar 2006 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Kemmer

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 30 Mar 2006 16:49

Really slick site Ellis!

Glad to see it back up and running and looking prettier than ever!

Great resource with lots of info, thanks!
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 30 Mar 2006 17:25

A review:

I appreciate that it is still a work in progress, but to be entirely objective...it looks nice, but there's not a whole lot of new content here. I think Jorden's efficiency article was the newest thing I could find. Seems like declaring that "The day has come!" is a bit much for what you're actually offering here.

I really don't want to sound like an asshole here. I talked to you in Ottawa about this whole deal, and I definitely understand the work you've got to put into this project, but..

http://www.flipsider.com/news/headlines ... elease.php

"Tricks: this is probably what you'll find most impressive and useful about the new Flipsider."

Okay. I clicked "Tricks".

"Only the Fundamental and Massive tricks are available to the public at this time. Everything else is pending a new naming/classification system, which must remain confidential until the public release. Please don't ask when it will be made public. When it's ready is all; might be a month, might be 6 months."

I'm more looking forward to when you declare that day has come.

If your intention is for the community to fill it up, I genuinely hope that happens for you (us). I think everyone owes it to you, really. Fact is, if I hadn't discovered flipsider, and you hadn't replied to my "Wait a minute, what's a jester then?" email, then I probably wouldn't even be playing today.

Don't take it badly Ellis, just offering my honest opinion.

- Kevin Regamey

~

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 30 Mar 2006 19:44

awesome site Elis. and im proud to be in your lil video called "blitz_n_tha_hood" (im the skinny, tall player with blue, red and white lavers). and i can remember that day this summer :) you werent suppose to be there and you appeared like magic with Caro. that was sweet !!

i hope we'll meet again
bye
Julien Cote

Proud to be sponsored by http://www.kolosport.com

Uranos
Flower Child

Post by Uranos » 30 Mar 2006 21:34

Awesome man great job!

Will sign up today :D
Alex Urano

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 31 Mar 2006 07:39

Big Props to you Ellis. So you ended up redoing everything yourself? Well I'm glad you managed it (and I'm not the only one obviously)!! The site looks very slick indeed and it's packed with functionality; I did notice two things though:
1) there seem to be some dupilicate files in the massive section (I'm just judging on file names so I could be wrong)

2) I get the following error message everytime I try to "login" (I have registered):
The page you are trying to access does not exist.
Please select a page from the main menu.
3) Where is the forum?

Props again: the site looks amazing!
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 31 Mar 2006 08:17

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

The login site doesn't work.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 31 Mar 2006 08:32

Great Site Blitz.

The login worked fine for me, and the forum becomes visible after you log in.

I hope to do some video's for this, but I don't have a camera at the moment.

I really think that everyone that has done demo's should submit them. That would centralize them nicely.

ObArA'BaRs
Flower Child

Post by ObArA'BaRs » 31 Mar 2006 09:31

nice job. i like how stichers can make there own ads to sell footbags on your site. 2 thumbs up. go flip sider
Im 20
JSACK wrote: wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Keep footbag'n till yo skins saggin.......

Flipsider
BSOS Beast

Post by Flipsider » 31 Mar 2006 10:31

Thank you! I'm glad everyone likes it. (except Kevin)

Sorry about the login problem. It is fixed. http://www.flipsider.com/login/

If there are any other problems, please email me straight away.

Yes, the Massive tricks need a little pruning; I only got through the first couple pages. But I made it so new MTs will appear first, so assuming you've seen all the moves from the old site, the only new ones are on the first page (only 3 new ones at the moment). There are so many huge moves I've seen on video over the years. It would be great if users would submit them. Vasek's Pixie Symp Double Down Swirl comes to mind, but that's just one example out of hundreds.
I wrote:please make your comments on *flipsider*. I would much rather see 10 replies to the Public Release topic (on the front page) than 100 here.
Now that the login problem is fixed, please do so! :)

Thanks again.
Ellis Piltz
Flipsider, The New.

Flipsider
BSOS Beast

Post by Flipsider » 31 Mar 2006 14:46

there seem to be intermittent problems connecting to the database. If this happens, please just give it a few minutes then click Refresh. It's probably due to unusually high server loads (can be expected). The server administrators may even have to do a little maintenance to balance the load among sites, so that could be it too. Anyway, let me remind you all not to go too crazy with the usage this first week. Thanks.
Ellis Piltz
Flipsider, The New.

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 31 Mar 2006 23:17

You've been averaging around 500 guests everytime I look at the site. That's insane! Is this true, or is that total guests for the day or something?
Ben Skaggs

Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

Flipsider
BSOS Beast

Post by Flipsider » 31 Mar 2006 23:45

No, it's updated live. :D

Crazy, huh?! Makes me happy.
Ellis Piltz
Flipsider, The New.